Conquer Club

Am I that good?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:50 pm

So I happened across the Cheating & Abuse forum and found one filled out about me.

This one.

This was shortly after reading a comment on my wall left by b00060 accusing me of being a multi account and blocking me. (Wonder if it has anything to do with mine and his games in tournament at the moment).

I mean I'm competitive in real life at this game but am new to this site. Am I really good enough to be mistaken for a multi account? I was on a winning streak in my first games but lately the dice have been killing me (or perhaps my strategy isn't as effective as I thought).

I'm just wondering if I'm actually that good so far? I mean I'll take the accusations as a compliment any day of the week. But curious as to what the general public thinks.
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby riskllama on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:05 am

dunno, man - if you're not a multi, take it as a compliment i guess.
:)
Image
nietzsche is awesome
User avatar
Captain riskllama
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:08 am

I am taking it as a compliment. Just wondering if there's others out there who think I got skills. Imma turn into the Skills Man.

"Yeah, I got skills, what are you going to do about it? I just don't know really."
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby riskllama on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 am

i think you should make one, maybe 2 more of these threads. then, we'll see.
Image
nietzsche is awesome
User avatar
Captain riskllama
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Lol, I'm not going to clog up the forums with threads of this. But B00060 doesn't want me to join future tournaments with him, is that even allowed here? Barring people from your tournaments just because they're skilled at the game?
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 pm

B00060 is foed by me for reasons. Dont give his words too much value.

Edit: was. Apparently I removed him at one point.
Last edited by Extreme Ways on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 72
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby riskllama on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:22 pm

no assholes on CC... :roll:
Image
nietzsche is awesome
User avatar
Captain riskllama
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:29 pm

CommKnight wrote:So I happened across the Cheating & Abuse forum and found one filled out about me.

This one.

This was shortly after reading a comment on my wall left by b00060 accusing me of being a multi account and blocking me. (Wonder if it has anything to do with mine and his games in tournament at the moment).

I mean I'm competitive in real life at this game but am new to this site. Am I really good enough to be mistaken for a multi account? I was on a winning streak in my first games but lately the dice have been killing me (or perhaps my strategy isn't as effective as I thought).

I'm just wondering if I'm actually that good so far? I mean I'll take the accusations as a compliment any day of the week. But curious as to what the general public thinks.

So to actually respond to your post: If Kaskavel finds your play better than expected from a new player, he gets suspicious. That's nothing personal, it's just an alarm bell that starts ringing saying "hey, this player might not be new after all". Hive is a difficult map, playing a near-perfect turn as new player on such a chaotic map by accident is tough, that caused the alarm bell to ring. "Good enough to be mistaken for a multi" is hard to define. I've filed tickets for some players because I thought they were too good for their experience, but it differs per player. In my case, I wanted to play some more with these players but wanted to make sure they weren't multis before I invited them. In Kaskavel's case, it's likely he wants a fair game. He loses a lot of points versus a lower ranked player, and if that lower ranked player is actually way better it's unfair to him.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 72
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
CommKnight wrote:So I happened across the Cheating & Abuse forum and found one filled out about me.

This one.

This was shortly after reading a comment on my wall left by b00060 accusing me of being a multi account and blocking me. (Wonder if it has anything to do with mine and his games in tournament at the moment).

I mean I'm competitive in real life at this game but am new to this site. Am I really good enough to be mistaken for a multi account? I was on a winning streak in my first games but lately the dice have been killing me (or perhaps my strategy isn't as effective as I thought).

I'm just wondering if I'm actually that good so far? I mean I'll take the accusations as a compliment any day of the week. But curious as to what the general public thinks.

So to actually respond to your post: If Kaskavel finds your play better than expected from a new player, he gets suspicious. That's nothing personal, it's just an alarm bell that starts ringing saying "hey, this player might not be new after all". Hive is a difficult map, playing a near-perfect turn as new player on such a chaotic map by accident is tough, that caused the alarm bell to ring. "Good enough to be mistaken for a multi" is hard to define. I've filed tickets for some players because I thought they were too good for their experience, but it differs per player. In my case, I wanted to play some more with these players but wanted to make sure they weren't multis before I invited them. In Kaskavel's case, it's likely he wants a fair game. He loses a lot of points versus a lower ranked player, and if that lower ranked player is actually way better it's unfair to him.


Filing an e-ticket on a lower ranked player just because you don't like the way they've played a game? That seems like you might be bullying lower ranked players, just because you have the benefit of experience.

How often are you right with your e-tickets?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
User avatar
Sergeant Symmetry
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 pm

But can B000 really ban me from tournaments just because he's being beaten fair and square? Not my fault my strategy seems to be winning against him on the maps we're currently playing.
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby jfm10 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:38 pm

you are in his feudal war and arms race tournaments..where did he say no to you?Now I see it but may be just trash talk knowing that it bothers you which is allowed.
User avatar
Major jfm10
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm
Medals: 50
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (8) Tribe Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:43 am

Symmetry wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
CommKnight wrote:So I happened across the Cheating & Abuse forum and found one filled out about me.

This one.

This was shortly after reading a comment on my wall left by b00060 accusing me of being a multi account and blocking me. (Wonder if it has anything to do with mine and his games in tournament at the moment).

I mean I'm competitive in real life at this game but am new to this site. Am I really good enough to be mistaken for a multi account? I was on a winning streak in my first games but lately the dice have been killing me (or perhaps my strategy isn't as effective as I thought).

I'm just wondering if I'm actually that good so far? I mean I'll take the accusations as a compliment any day of the week. But curious as to what the general public thinks.

So to actually respond to your post: If Kaskavel finds your play better than expected from a new player, he gets suspicious. That's nothing personal, it's just an alarm bell that starts ringing saying "hey, this player might not be new after all". Hive is a difficult map, playing a near-perfect turn as new player on such a chaotic map by accident is tough, that caused the alarm bell to ring. "Good enough to be mistaken for a multi" is hard to define. I've filed tickets for some players because I thought they were too good for their experience, but it differs per player. In my case, I wanted to play some more with these players but wanted to make sure they weren't multis before I invited them. In Kaskavel's case, it's likely he wants a fair game. He loses a lot of points versus a lower ranked player, and if that lower ranked player is actually way better it's unfair to him.


Filing an e-ticket on a lower ranked player just because you don't like the way they've played a game? That seems like you might be bullying lower ranked players, just because you have the benefit of experience.

How often are you right with your e-tickets?

I have filed 1, maybe 2. I dont often play with lower ranked players because of my clan play, and even then they have to play way better than expected. This is also easier in 1v1 than in the games I'll play. Nymeria Stark was one of those I had silently, I was wrong. Why am I bullying him if I do it behind the scenes? I dont perceive it was you bullying me if you accuse me of being a multi, why should I be offended? Seems like a trollpost to me.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 72
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 am

CommKnight wrote:But can B000 really ban me from tournaments just because he's being beaten fair and square? Not my fault my strategy seems to be winning against him on the maps we're currently playing.


Yes he can.
The tournament organizer (TO) can deny entry to players. At least I have seen it stated in some tournament's rule before.
Well it is not supposed to be used to deny entry to players that have beaten you I guess but fact is, the TO can decide to deny entry to a player.

If you really want to join his tournament, the best would be to PM him, telling him that you were already cleared of being a multi, that you aren't, and try to improve your relationship.

I don't think there is anything else you can do.
You can organize your own tournament with the same setting if you want though, especially since b00060's tournament have very simple set-up ^^
Image
User avatar
Colonel Donelladan
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 181
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (11) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 am

I can't even PM him because of the block. But that'd be cool if I could host my own. I thought I read it somewhere though that you have to play X amount of games/tournaments to be allowed to host your own?
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:59 am

You cannot post message on his wall because of the block, but you can send him a pm. On the wall, below the avatar, u should have a linkg " PM : send private message" you can always do that.

Here is a link that tell you anything you need to know about how to create a tournament.
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 4#p2141704
I don't know if there a requirement of minimum of games played to host your own. You'd have to look for it in the tournament forum or ask a Tournament director ( TD).
Image
User avatar
Colonel Donelladan
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 181
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (11) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 am

New players are allowed to host tournaments. It's probably a good idea to play in a few tournaments before you host your first, but there's no rule that says you have to.

<spoken wearing my tournament director hat>
User avatar
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19084
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 204
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (22) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (24) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:New players are allowed to host tournaments. It's probably a good idea to play in a few tournaments before you host your first, but there's no rule that says you have to.

<spoken wearing my tournament director hat>


yes, we all know how well that goes... *cough* Colton24 *cough*... i still don't think new players should be allowed to host tournaments or be given huge site responsibilities that they can just walk away from without any repercussions, *cough* Colton24 *cough*... the black jesus has spoken..-Jésus noir


<spoken wearing my voice of reason/truth hat>
Image
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
User avatar
Lieutenant owenshooter
 
Posts: 12927
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
CommKnight wrote:So I happened across the Cheating & Abuse forum and found one filled out about me.

This one.

This was shortly after reading a comment on my wall left by b00060 accusing me of being a multi account and blocking me. (Wonder if it has anything to do with mine and his games in tournament at the moment).

I mean I'm competitive in real life at this game but am new to this site. Am I really good enough to be mistaken for a multi account? I was on a winning streak in my first games but lately the dice have been killing me (or perhaps my strategy isn't as effective as I thought).

I'm just wondering if I'm actually that good so far? I mean I'll take the accusations as a compliment any day of the week. But curious as to what the general public thinks.

So to actually respond to your post: If Kaskavel finds your play better than expected from a new player, he gets suspicious. That's nothing personal, it's just an alarm bell that starts ringing saying "hey, this player might not be new after all". Hive is a difficult map, playing a near-perfect turn as new player on such a chaotic map by accident is tough, that caused the alarm bell to ring. "Good enough to be mistaken for a multi" is hard to define. I've filed tickets for some players because I thought they were too good for their experience, but it differs per player. In my case, I wanted to play some more with these players but wanted to make sure they weren't multis before I invited them. In Kaskavel's case, it's likely he wants a fair game. He loses a lot of points versus a lower ranked player, and if that lower ranked player is actually way better it's unfair to him.


Filing an e-ticket on a lower ranked player just because you don't like the way they've played a game? That seems like you might be bullying lower ranked players, just because you have the benefit of experience.

How often are you right with your e-tickets?

I have filed 1, maybe 2. I dont often play with lower ranked players because of my clan play, and even then they have to play way better than expected. This is also easier in 1v1 than in the games I'll play. Nymeria Stark was one of those I had silently, I was wrong. Why am I bullying him if I do it behind the scenes? I dont perceive it was you bullying me if you accuse me of being a multi, why should I be offended? Seems like a trollpost to me.

it seems like a troll post because it IS a troll post - fuckin' clown doesn't even play, just trolls. that's it.
Image
nietzsche is awesome
User avatar
Captain riskllama
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:05 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:New players are allowed to host tournaments. It's probably a good idea to play in a few tournaments before you host your first, but there's no rule that says you have to.

<spoken wearing my tournament director hat>


yes, we all know how well that goes... *cough* Colton24 *cough*... i still don't think new players should be allowed to host tournaments or be given huge site responsibilities that they can just walk away from without any repercussions, *cough* Colton24 *cough*... the black jesus has spoken..-Jésus noir


<spoken wearing my voice of reason/truth hat>


Sometimes we get burned by new players abandoning stuff. Other time we get burned by 5-year veterans abandoning stuff. Experience brings no guarantee of reliability. Some of the best and most experienced TOs have walked away from stuff without warning. Sometimes people's circumstances change and they realize that they bit off more than they could chew.

Really, as far as repercussions go, what can you do to volunteers? Cut their pay? There is a set of penalties for abandoning tournaments, but all they do is prohibit you from starting more tourneys in the future. I know, it would be cool to send Bruno and Giuseppe around to people's houses and teach them a lesson about responsibility, but that just isn't in the spirit of our community. Plus, it's not in the budget.
User avatar
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19084
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 204
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (22) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (24) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
CommKnight wrote:So I happened across the Cheating & Abuse forum and found one filled out about me.

This one.

This was shortly after reading a comment on my wall left by b00060 accusing me of being a multi account and blocking me. (Wonder if it has anything to do with mine and his games in tournament at the moment).

I mean I'm competitive in real life at this game but am new to this site. Am I really good enough to be mistaken for a multi account? I was on a winning streak in my first games but lately the dice have been killing me (or perhaps my strategy isn't as effective as I thought).

I'm just wondering if I'm actually that good so far? I mean I'll take the accusations as a compliment any day of the week. But curious as to what the general public thinks.

So to actually respond to your post: If Kaskavel finds your play better than expected from a new player, he gets suspicious. That's nothing personal, it's just an alarm bell that starts ringing saying "hey, this player might not be new after all". Hive is a difficult map, playing a near-perfect turn as new player on such a chaotic map by accident is tough, that caused the alarm bell to ring. "Good enough to be mistaken for a multi" is hard to define. I've filed tickets for some players because I thought they were too good for their experience, but it differs per player. In my case, I wanted to play some more with these players but wanted to make sure they weren't multis before I invited them. In Kaskavel's case, it's likely he wants a fair game. He loses a lot of points versus a lower ranked player, and if that lower ranked player is actually way better it's unfair to him.


Filing an e-ticket on a lower ranked player just because you don't like the way they've played a game? That seems like you might be bullying lower ranked players, just because you have the benefit of experience.

How often are you right with your e-tickets?

I have filed 1, maybe 2. I dont often play with lower ranked players because of my clan play, and even then they have to play way better than expected. This is also easier in 1v1 than in the games I'll play. Nymeria Stark was one of those I had silently, I was wrong. Why am I bullying him if I do it behind the scenes? I dont perceive it was you bullying me if you accuse me of being a multi, why should I be offended? Seems like a trollpost to me.


It seems like a cheap back-door tactic to me. Players should be aware of accusations made against them, making accusations based on an feeling that they're playing better than you thought they would seems like poor gamesmanship. Have you always done these reports entirely behind the scenes? I'd be interested in looking at the game chats, unless you've conveniently forgotten those.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
User avatar
Sergeant Symmetry
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:06 am

Game 17125476
Game 17125475
Game 17125474

Won 2/3 so far (plus I'll probably win the 2 Summit maps i am playing against him), gonna lose the third tourney game, but I eliminated him. To be honest, it feels great to eliminate him from his own tournament. :P
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:22 pm

This guy is so sour. Is he always this much of an ass?

Image
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 pm

CommKnight wrote:This guy is so sour. Is he always this much of an ass?

Image

With the exception of new players, people that have a rating of ~4.6 or lower are sometimes asses. Not all of them, but from 4.6 you can expect some kind of douchebaggery. Again, if they are assholes they arent assholes all the time, but it's something to keep in mind.
TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Extreme Ways
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 72
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)
Tribe Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Am I that good?

Postby CommKnight on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Well I haven't gotten into the rating system much yet, but definitely rating it low.

I'm competitive and hold grudges in a match to eliminate others who bother my aim to win. But I'm not going to throw names around or block people.
Corporal CommKnight
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RoboDeBobo