Conquer Club

Quit Whining!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Quit Whining!

Postby evster on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:37 am

The sudden update last night threw me off track on a RT game. That sucked. We won in the end - that was good.

I think it will take time for us to all appreciate the nuances of the mods that Lackattack has made, and I think we should be careful of our Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Lackattack is (presumably) spending inordinate amounts of time, energy and thought on this site for the love of it and the game.

I am certain that Lackattack has made the choices of what to implement and not based on his best judgement for the level of game play.

Kudos to Lack for the improvements.
Raspberries for changes taking place unannounced mid game.
Kudos for the huge leap in efficiency of the update (last time I was knocked offline mid-turn and then timed out - this time reloaded the site and back to my game)

Instead of whining, and thretening to leave, why not try and use your energy positively and constructively? A revolt won't help here. If you don't like an option, don't play it. If you want an old option back, lobby for it. Get other people to see your point of view and why it would be better for the community.

BUT CMON, BACK OFF OF LACK -he is doing a great job and some of us have been thankless.

(ed note, how long till Twill moves this to flamewars)
Ev
Corporal 1st Class evster

Postby Pilate on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:42 am

I agree with evster.

I don't agree with all of the changes, but I assume that they're not pernament. (like the removal of the ignore list)
Colonel Pilate

horray horray horray

Postby joetalk on Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:26 pm

NOW THATS THE SH@t!!!!!!! this is just the way things need to be around here way to go evster u got my support all the way.
and oh ya
LACKATTACK IS MY HERO
THREE CHEERS FOR LACK
HIP HIP HORRAY HIP HIP HORRAY HIP HIP HORRAY
U THE MAN LACK KEEP IT UP
Cook joetalk

Postby Phx99 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 pm

I will totally agree and back this up!

Lack and the other mods don't get nearly enough recognition for what they do, and I think they do a great job.

There is only one thing I would have changed in the modifications, but more of an "extention" of it. Have the team play order optional - either together OR staggered.

I also want to back up the whining comment from evster. If you don't like the site, you can leave if you want. There is no one stopping you. It is a personal choice, which I can understand if someone is unhappy with the site.

I, however, am still addicted, and need my fix... :lol:

Phx99
Cook Phx99

Postby HighBorn on Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:36 pm

lack know hes the man and other mods rock to but this is rediculaious... i am now in 20+ games that i didnt sign up for.. these team games are not what i started.. i signed up for "team" play not "singles with an ally" that is my complaint.. do something about all these games im in i started them one way i want to finishe them that way now all the sudden i got to play a different way in a game already going....
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:38 pm

I absolutely WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with y'all! This is Lack's site....he can do with it whatever he pleases...if something in an update bugs you...work on getting it changed...Feedback was changed when enough people voiced their dislike and gave suggestions on how to improve it...Who's to say everything else can't be treated the same way? There is absolutely NO reason to blow up and start throwing around harsh words.

ALL HAIL LACKATTACK, KING OF THE FIENDS...(that's what we are now...fiends)

Phx99 wrote:There is only one thing I would have changed in the modifications, but more of an "extention" of it. Have the team play order optional - either together OR staggered.

This is exactly what I was thinking...options are always good!

--Cahoots
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Postby phildabill99 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:41 pm

Lack, you're a hero! :) Hehe, this if Phil by the way. The intern that was with you today =D
New Recruit phildabill99

Postby SMITH197 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:41 pm

i'm with you guys. The complainers and moaners are just creating trouble. Lack has changed his site around for things that we've suggested. These things have been discussed or have had plenty of time to be discussed.

The changes are here to stay, get with it or get out.

--Smitty

"Did you fortify New Guinea or are you just happy to see me?"
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Postby wacicha on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:47 pm

not to sound like rocky balboa or start singing the eye of the tiger LOL I agree
Major wacicha

Postby SMITH197 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:03 pm

This must be hard for lack. I mean, he spent so much time doing this for US and yet, some think its acceptable to voice their opinions in a disrespectful manner. This is a direct insult to lack, and he has done nothing but give and give and start things that WE'VE suggested. We need to stand behind Lack. Let him feel our love.

Thank you Lack.

--Smitty

Postby HighBorn on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:05 pm

what smith you want to stand behind lack and feel his love thats nasty ;)...lol

Lack you know you rule!!
just suprissed us horrible morning people with change.. we fear change ;)
Private 1st Class HighBorn

ewwww

Postby evster on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:22 pm

HighBorn wrote:what smith you want to stand behind lack and feel his love thats nasty ;)...lol)

Fell off my chair laughing! (FOMCL?)

Evan
Corporal 1st Class evster

Postby alster on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:55 pm

SMITH197 wrote:This must be hard for lack. I mean, he spent so much time doing this for US and yet, some think its acceptable to voice their opinions in a disrespectful manner. This is a direct insult to lack, and he has done nothing but give and give and start things that WE'VE suggested. We need to stand behind Lack. Let him feel our love.

Dude. No one is disrespectful. But some people suggest changes. Just like people have been suggesting changes for a long time. And as I understand it, the developer does not dislike suggestions. Of course everyone appreciate the game, the development, the work behind it etc. If they didn't, they wouldn't be here in the first place. The fact that people are posting and debating in the first place is a sign that they care about the game and spend a lot of time and energy thinking about it.

You seem to believe that any negative feedback per se means that people "voice their opinions in a disrespectful manner." In your world every single post should contain that "All hail Lack" bs that some people insists on writing. What is this to you, a group of boyscouts out on a field trip?

Dude, wake up and smell the air. The forums are filled with posts concerning features of the game engine. The game engine is the heart and soul of CC. It's nearly impossible to make any kind of complaint without that having some kind of bearing on the game engine. Of course a change will lead to debates. What do you expect? Would you want everyone to go down on their knees praising Lack in that boyscout manner referred to above? Do you think it would be good for any future developments of the game if no one cared enough to suggest changes or debate the game settings
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby mrdexter on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:11 pm

alstergren wrote:Dude. No one is disrespectful. <snip>

Really? I have read several disrespectful posts on here today. The rest of your post goes on to say exactly what IS fair, there is nothing wrong with discussion, nothing wrong with questioning the way the engine works, nothing wrong with questioning the notice given on major gameplay updates...

As for thinking that there hasn't been a whole boat load of disrepect shown to Lack today after these updates, you either don't read so well or you don't understand what disrespect is.
Positive: Great guy, will always play to his best. Honourable and fun to play with as well. You know you're in for a rough time playing mrdexter :) Game 31384 Haydena
Positive: Mr D is the golden child of CC, if we had to elect a king he'd get my vote! Game 76700 silus
Sergeant 1st Class mrdexter

Postby SMITH197 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:22 pm

i'm not saying every post about the update has been negative and disrespectful, but there have been alot of them.
I just feel that alot of the arguements being made about the negitve aspects of the update are rediculous. Members had plenty of time BEFORE the update went into effect to voice their opinions and its a slap in Lacks face to do such voicing now, after he's implimented these things that meet little resistance before.

All hail Lack :lol:

--Smitty

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Major Pedronicus

Postby Patroclus on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Thanks, Lack. Ya done good. Your site is now structured to play the game as it was originally intended.
The ground was rushing up at me. It had been one heck of a ride. And suddenly I wondered………

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Postby lackattack on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks evster for your all your support lately and these kudos. I actually love raspberries so I don't mind those too. I appreciate all of you sticking up for my work. But Smithy I'll pass on standing in front of you and feeling your love. I'm just not into that.

And welcome phildabill99, the best intern ever even though he only stays around for one hour and doesn't lift a finger.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Vader_09 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:26 pm

I think anybody who really cares about this site and loves to play risk is going to stand behind u lack no matter wat u do. I love the changes by the way. Keep it up.
Sergeant 1st Class Vader_09

Postby macwin on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 am

I will totally agree and back this up!

Lack and the other mods don't get nearly enough recognition for what they do, and I think they do a great job.

There is only one thing I would have changed in the modifications, but more of an "extention" of it. Have the team play order optional - either together OR staggered.

I also want to back up the whining comment from evster. If you don't like the site, you can leave if you want. There is no one stopping you. It is a personal choice, which I can understand if someone is unhappy with the site.

I, however, am still addicted, and need my fix... Laughing

Phx99

what she said :)
Chaka: YOU ARE ALL MY ENEMY. SCIENTOLOGY IS ON MY SIDE. DIE!
Captain macwin

Return to Conquer Club Discussion