Conquer Club

General Congratulations

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: General congratulations

Postby owenshooter on Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 am

Timminz wrote:I appreciated it.

no, you should CONGRATULATE it... keep it on topic!! you know someone is steaming from their ears just looking for an excuse to move and/or lock this
thread, even though it elimates spam and is one of the most creative threads
on GD... very proud of that last fact, since it is the product of one of the
Bullet-Proof Bandits (sp)... rock on! congrats, fruitcake, on a wonderful thread!!-0tP
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Sentinel XIV on Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 am

Congratulations to wicked for trying to bring down creativity.
Eye. Mull. Of. Ma. Sheen.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby yeti_c on Mon May 05, 2008 11:13 am

Congrats to myself for beating Fruitcake to the "rhetorical punch"...

yeti_c on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:08 pm wrote:
I think that they imply more of a rhetorical question?

C.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49996

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Fruitcake on Mon May 05, 2008 2:39 pm

yeti_c wrote:Congrats to myself for beating Fruitcake to the "rhetorical punch"...

yeti_c on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:08 pm wrote:
I think that they imply more of a rhetorical question?

C.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49996

C.

A most hearty congrats to you yeti. Missed that little nugget.

Once again I see that a robust and vigorous sense of humour does exist within this community, even if it does, sometimes, seem to be hanging on by its well manicured fingertips, so a jolly well done to all who enjoy such exchanges, keep up the good work!
Last edited by Fruitcake on Mon May 05, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby yeti_c on Mon May 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Fruitcake wrote:A most hearty congrats to you yeti. Missed that little nugget.

Once again I see that a robust and vigorous sense of humour does exist within this community, even if it does sometime seem to be hanging on by its well manicured fingertips, so a jolly well done to all who enjoy such exchanges, keep up the good work!

And return Congrats for a most noble doff of the cap...

Congrats to all those members who have just visited this link... Rhetorical

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Sentinel XIV on Mon May 05, 2008 3:40 pm

I want to say congrats to this guy:

Data223 wrote:Ok I'll try again, just a damn shame my army of 19 has vanished! :cry:

He went auto on a territ with one army while he had 19, and lost completely. Most of the children on this site would have gone ballistic. Data223 just said, "Oh, well." Good for you, Data.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Dancing Mustard on Mon May 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Congrats to that guy for keeping an even temper, when all those around would have lost theirs.

Congratulations also to Kipling for providing me with lines to rip off and plagarise.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby owenshooter on Wed May 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Congrats to Fwblb for making it through, yet another, trip around the sun!! may your 26th trip around the sun be as eventful as your first 25!! congrats!!!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Fruitcake on Wed May 07, 2008 4:11 pm

owenshooter wrote:Congrats to Fwblb for making it through, yet another, trip around the sun!! may your 26th trip around the sun be as eventful as your first 25!! congrats!!!-0

Well absolutely!! A definite and sincere congrats for this. This means you have made half the trips around Sol that I have. In celebration I shall open a 25 year old bottle of 1982 Real Companhia Velha Royal Oporto Vintage Port I layed down some time ago, I just need to remember where!! I am told it is: sweet, full, rich and full bodied, with a persistant finish, a bit like me it seems. Cheers Fwblb!!

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby fwblb on Wed May 07, 2008 8:57 pm

owenshooter wrote:Congrats to Fwblb for making it through, yet another, trip around the sun!! may your 26th trip around the sun be as eventful as your first 25!! congrats!!!-0

congratulations owen! you're out of the dog house - for at least a month!
Major fwblb

Postby yeti_c on Fri May 09, 2008 5:26 am

fwblb wrote:

congratulations owen! you're out of the dog house - for at least a month!

Congrats to fwblb for having a great avatar.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Fruitcake on Sat May 10, 2008 7:19 am

Yet another week rolls by. (Time just keeps accelerating as one gets older...unfortunately, but the Port just keeps getting better…fortunately)

So what's hot and what's not…

As usual, this week we have had the usual backslapping and mutual stroking society out in force. The congrats threads acting like that guinea pig you bought, thinking it was a male...BUT in among them, a wonderful thread about jumping from cook to private in one game! I particularly liked detlefs post in the thread, certainly made me chortle and reach for another glass of Port. Further down poor old Brendan Man spoke of his enjoyment at winning 335 points in one game, only to be given a slap by SlayerQC...you can't keep these NCOs at bay Brendan. They know they are ahead of you and they will not let you forget it (…said the Major from the hoccifers Mess supping on his Port)

General Cornrow added his contribution to the snobbery count this week with a great thread about wanting a new partner, only for many to move in like wolves around a lamb. A quick and merciless shredding ensued, only stopped in its tracks by nesterdude doing his Policeman in the street bit and telling us to move on.…shame on you nesty, that was building nicely into a spectator sport.

Talking of spectator sport (and, in its own way, adding to the snobbery count), the congrats for the week on this just has to go to General mayhems thread about not playing with unknown low ranks. Made for a great read, with the usual acerbic contribution from Dancing M, so a regular congrats to you DM, always good with the put down. Loved the use of the word ‘pauschalizing’(sic) by RashidJ. The General ended up fighting on all fronts….You’ve just gotta remember Gen. fight one front at a time !!

Random dice reared its head again this week (so when doesn't it I ask pouring another glass of Port) with andy D moving in quick and locking the thread before it could get any momentum. Loved Vozzo's comment about the 20 students...and I thought students didn't have any money. Ol’ lack must be blarting in his stirrups about losing that business.

The thread about ‘getting to know each other better’, caught out yours truly big time, with our favourite anti hero Johnny the Rock getting in and doing the dirty deed on the OP. Superb stuff there JR, kudos to you my friend.

Luvr posted this week with a great little thread...and thanks for calling me awesome luvr, I enjoyed that...and had another glass of Port to celebrate....yes, of course, I took the comment personally.

My favourite congrats this week has to go to Kemmler. Once again showing his high levels of wit, absurdity and perspicacity (shorly shum mishtake…ed), great stuff there Kemmler! Loved the way you jabbed with the pin and got a reaction from those seniors, even managing to beard the mighty Twill into a response. Only you could do that.

Hope this has been of interest to you reader, and you don’t think it is just another common case of floccinaucinihilipilification (geddit….time for another jam sandwich and cup of tea for me, natch)

See you next week.

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Sentinel XIV on Sat May 10, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks again, Fruitcake. Congratulations and thanks to you for making such a great thread.

I'd also like to congratulate owenshooter. He did something, and he won't tell me what, but I know it's good because it had to do with wicked. Stay strong in the fight, my brother!
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Sat May 10, 2008 10:51 am

Sentinel XIV wrote:I want to say congrats to this guy:

Data223 wrote:Ok I'll try again, just a damn shame my army of 19 has vanished! :cry:

He went auto on a territ with one army while he had 19, and lost completely. Most of the children on this site would have gone ballistic. Data223 just said, "Oh, well." Good for you, Data.

That is one of the best quotes I have seen. Hearty congratulations Data.
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby Phantom7 on Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm

A big congrats to you oh Fruity one. I wondered if you would keep doing a round up this week, don't stop, I am starting to look forward to it.
Sergeant Phantom7

Postby suggs on Sat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Congratulations go to Suggs for having a shave.
Its aided my game play no end.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby Vace Cooper on Sat May 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Fruitcake... the best part of the week is getting to read your posts that sum all the good stuff up. You should make a new thread called cc in a week, or cc news, or something like that.
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby Fruitcake on Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 am

Congrats to Minister Masket for receiving 19 negs from one game, then getting them removed before being told that he would have most probably got onto one of our Blitzy's top 5 lists had he left them. Bravo MM, talk about irony!

(oh and a quick congrats to that sweetie clapper for her new avatar, certainly had yours truly reaching for the Port)

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby yeti_c on Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Fruitcake wrote:Congrats to Minister Masket for receiving 19 negs from one game, then getting them removed before being told that he would have most probably got onto one of our Blitzy's top 5 lists had he left them. Bravo MM, talk about irony!

(oh and a quick congrats to that sweetie clapper for her new avatar, certainly had yours truly reaching for the Port)

He he he - that Ava would definitely be "too hot for facebook"!!!

Congrats to Jiminski for battling the evil babysitting bandits.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby fwblb on Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Congratulations Owen - The dog house welcomes you home... Good job!
Major fwblb

Postby Sentinel XIV on Fri May 16, 2008 3:28 am

I'd like to congratulate myself for ending up in owenshooter's doghouse.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Dancing Mustard on Fri May 16, 2008 12:13 pm

And may I congratulate you for being man enough to admit to that.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby protectedbygold on Fri May 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:And may I congratulate you for being man enough to admit to that.

Don't sell yourself short, mustard. You were the first person to recognize his manliness so congratulations go to you as well.
Private protectedbygold

Postby Sentinel XIV on Sat May 17, 2008 9:12 am

Dancing Mustard wrote:And may I congratulate you for being man enough to admit to that.

I'd also like to congratulate myself for being secure enough in my manhood to use a pink toothbrush.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Fruitcake on Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Well here we all are again. Another pointless week gone by and we all get a week older.

So what has been happening in the wonderful weird world of cc...

As usual there has been some great spectator sport about with some serious contributors in the GD. mbohn2 had a serious go at my oft partner Achilles, but then I noticed some of the real 'stuff' disappeared from his 'Feedback' thread as if by magic. Wicked was in like lightning (no change there then, you little tinker) and then an old adversary GabonX, jumped in with a mighty piece of courtroom argument (made this writer think of Perry Mason no less)...oh dear GX, you have done it now...but a great congrats to you old chap for some serious writing there. Wicked hit back with a foretelling that most would be pleased with what’s coming....careful there Wicked, the words face, egg and on could spring to mind...but I have every confidence in you oh yes indeed.

That big ol' snow mover edsdad moved in with a thread about alliances...a ticklish issue for sure. As usual that most incisive of contributors owenshooter, stepped in with a nice little note, congrats to you owen.

A tasteless little thread appeared about money (one never speaks about money in public, never carry it myself, always have a lackey to pay the bills as I go you see) AAFitz showed some great humour, congrats to you Fitzy, made me chortle.

But dear reader, the spectator sport congrats award for the week has to go to a thread not found in GD. No indeed it did not...for I found this particular nugget on the cheats and abuse reports section.

A nice little street fight was joined. Kicked off by our previously mentioned Soloman (yes, that solo man, whom JR our fav. anti hero exposed), the target was none other than GabonX!!! POW!! came the uppercut with an accusation of feedback abuse....WHAM!! came the counter from GabonX, both had punched in with the 'immature' jibe....what was coming next....Soloman went with a left jab, taking the high road and acting supercilious (oh yes, another jam sandwich and cup of tea for yours truly), then he followed with a right hook, this time solo man invoking his 'brother' following with a double blow using the word 'hypocrisy' (congrats there solo man).... then just as it seemed he was going to floor our Gabon, a tag was made...oh dear solo, did you not see that this was a tag team event....in jumped none other than the merciless JR... WHAM! POW! ZAPP...in JR went, solo staggered, only to counter...taking refuge in the 'facts' ... the crowd moved in...jock decided a quick kicking while solo was distracted was in order, like the small guy in the crowd he jumped in, kicked and disappeared back into the crowd....oh dear, what now...old solo staggered, dazed by this, but taking refuge in hypocrisy...again....but before he could really recover...WHAM...a whipping punch from kha1i1 (who lives in a 'secret' location reader...is he that man the US Govt are looking for by any chance?) But solo was getting his breath back now, if not his spelling skills, dealing the hypocrisy card like a manic Blackjack croupier. Hypocrisy here, hypocrisy there, this was getting bloody. It was hotting up nicely; yours truly reached for the Port decanter, poured another half pint and carried on reading...
That regular receiver of a congrats (well done me on that piece of alliteration), Dancing Mustard, popped up, this time with a sweet left jab...poor old solo, now fighting on so many fronts he was getting dizzy. Then out of nowhere Gabon reappeared (clever move there GX, watch him get softened up by the crowd then step in....just what yours truly would do, so congrats in order) But what was this!!!!!!!!!! Solo went all waspish, one suddenly imagined him in a long white robe dishing out advice to the heathens around him.....treefiddy, feeling a little ill I would imagine, pointed out the timing...oh dear how was our solo going to deal with this new attack...well dear reader, a tip of the hat and a dismissive gesture was all he needed it seemed...then Gabon returned once more to the fray....and still it goes on....this could well run and run....so congrats to all of you !!!!

On to other news, congrats to that sweetie clapper for making an old man smile more than once with her wonderful avatars, you are still the number one here clapper, although I have to say, wicked still has an avatar worth a glass of Port or two. Other notable avatars I saw on my travels include Beastly and happy2seeyou, both worth a quick congrats.

Back to the forum, oggiss (the fallen Brig) was seen bursting a blood vessel over ‘lag’? with the mighty Twill serving up yet another great one liner…on so many levels, congrats again to Twill.

Finally, my special congrats of the week has to go to the previously mentioned player wrestler1lump (April 26 posting). A report arrives on my desk of his thread ‘Remember when I was a cook’…In it he says
wrestler1ump: 1230 points

It's fun to rub in just how good I really am. At one point I was ranked as the third worst player on Conquerclub, with a score of about 300 points. My how things have changed. Now that I have a strong score, I get to do the deciding of who I play with. So by all means ignore me... and ignore me... and ignore me...

Good for you lumpy!!!
Last edited by Fruitcake on Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Colonel Fruitcake

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion