Conquer Club

Was I wrong?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Was I wrong?

Postby jiminski on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:03 pm

hiddendragon wrote:Ones tactics are a personal affair...Sadly though your tactics proves why you sit with your lowly rank...It isn't right for me to say you were right or wrong all I can say is my strategy would have been different...That is the difference between us and we he each hold the ranks we do...

i think you just did ?
Major jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby lancehoch on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Just wanted to make this clear to everyone, this was a five month bump.
Sergeant lancehoch

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby FabledIntegral on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:44 pm

lancehoch wrote:Just wanted to make this clear to everyone, this was a five month bump.

Obviously his rank hasn't improved - much at least, so I'm guessing it's just as relevant.
Major FabledIntegral

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:18 pm

You're fine fable, you're only mistake was playing a no cards standard game, someone has to suicide or make alliance for those to end. no cards is only for team games or assasin, maybe terminator, but not standard games. The other guy leaving you a neg for you strategy means that he is a duechebag, I wouldn't worry about it, but that setting is a waste of time and you should avoid it in the future.
Major Georgerx7di

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby FabledIntegral on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:You're fine fable, you're only mistake was playing a no cards standard game, someone has to suicide or make alliance for those to end. no cards is only for team games or assasin, maybe terminator, but not standard games. The other guy leaving you a neg for you strategy means that he is a duechebag, I wouldn't worry about it, but that setting is a waste of time and you should avoid it in the future.

I disagree - the person that suicides is a bigger douchebag in my opinion - it seemed pretty obvious to me that he even left a neg in retaliation.
Major FabledIntegral

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:55 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:You're fine fable, you're only mistake was playing a no cards standard game, someone has to suicide or make alliance for those to end. no cards is only for team games or assasin, maybe terminator, but not standard games. The other guy leaving you a neg for you strategy means that he is a duechebag, I wouldn't worry about it, but that setting is a waste of time and you should avoid it in the future.

I disagree - the person that suicides is a bigger douchebag in my opinion - it seemed pretty obvious to me that he even left a neg in retaliation.

Your missing the point fable, this guy just left you a neg cause he was pissed off. You didn't break any rules, and you did what you thought you should. Don't worry about it, its a bs feedback.
Major Georgerx7di

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Jeff Hardy on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:34 pm

greenoaks wrote:
sickmaniac wrote:Great answers here. Bottom line is that I made a dick move, and my opponent overreacted with a negative feedback. Thanks for your advice and candor, everyone.
bottom line is you made a dick move and your opponent has left the rest of us a warning about you.

this site could use more people like him.

i completly agree with you

he knew he couldnt win by taking australia but did it anyway

i would never choose to play people like that and think the guy was right by leaving neg
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Jeff Hardy on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:

Your missing the point fable, this guy just left you a neg cause he was pissed off. You didn't break any rules, and you did what you thought you should. Don't worry about it, its a bs feedback.

"Unwritten Rules

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts."

copied and pasted from rules

wasnt what he did throwing a game?
if so then it wasnt only a dumbass move but against the rules too
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 am

Jeff Hardy wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:

"Unwritten Rules

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts."

copied and pasted from rules

wasnt what he did throwing a game?
if so then it wasnt only a dumbass move but against the rules too

Jeff you are neither qualified nor experienced enough to rebutt my comments. What I say is the rule, didn't anyone tell you. : )
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Rozebud on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:20 am

This was the only time I ever left a negative for anyone on this site. It was cut and dried in my opinion, since in his own words he stated it was suicide..in the game chat :)

No cards games require 3 skills in my experience:

1. Patience
2. Opportunism
3. Vigilance

The only way they ever end is when one or more players make a mistake, and as this case demonstrates, lack of patience is chief among them :)
Captain Rozebud

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby niMic on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Personally, I expect everyone to play to win. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to play to make sure that whoever attacked them last doesn't win.
Brigadier niMic

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (26) Tribe Achievement (1)

Postby Deadly intent on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:09 am

oVo wrote:Right or wrong... the weak attacking the weak when there are two stronger players pretty much always sucks, because as many players here will tell you... a game is never over until it's finished. There have been many winning comebacks made from the grave on this site. So if you thought you had no chance, all you did was insure that this other guy also had no chance.

It also sounds like the choice you made didn't do you much good, so it probably was a bad choice. The sour grapes neg given by the guy you stepped on is equally wrong.

I pretty much agree with oVo.
The two weakest players should avoid attacking each other if there are two much stronger players in the game.
All you are doing if you attack 2nd weakest is make yourselves even weaker & like oVo has pointed out,it didnt seem to have done either of you much good!
There has been a few games where i have had to hide away from the action(like in Japan),be patient & watch the stronger players slug it out.Then when the time is right have begun my expansion & have battled on to win the game
I think patience is is the key here my friend,although it has got to be said,i do admire your fighting spirit,even if i do not entirely agree with your move on Oz under those circumstances
Was it wrong though? I wouldn"t say it was is was wrong as such,but i do think it maybe was a little rash
Major Deadly intent

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Rozebud on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:05 pm

It was suicide...plain and simple...he even stated it was suicide in the game chat... He incriminated himself... (wasn't aware of his 5th amendment rights I guess) :lol:
Last edited by Rozebud on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Rozebud

Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby THE ARMY on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 pm

i believe the negative feedback was earned, there is always a chance to winning. You should have tried teaming up with Rosebud for a couple turns and weaken the strongest player.
Major THE ARMY

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:17 pm

This is from March. Can we let it go yet?
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby Rozebud on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Sure, once everyone agrees that when your opponent actually states that it's suicide, that it's suicide :lol:
Captain Rozebud

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion