Conquer Club

Memories

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Memories

Postby ZawBanjito on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:56 am

Does anyone ever remember weidsun/kusunoki/meltinguras/clio. Best players-er ever, that guy. I think fondly back to the days he/they was/were invincible. I was so disappointed when theym weras busted. If anything he should have gotten props for whipping AND fooling our asses for so long. I remember being shocked because I'd assigned little personalities to each of them, even though they were always so silent. meltinguras was the silly one, kusunoki was chilled out, always keeping it real, and weidsun was cool but detatched, distant, with a soul you knew could redeem itself if only it were loved. clio I never played that I can remember. And if I did, no wonder I forgot. clio... what a crappy name. Sounds like a Swedish sex toy.

And whatever happened to former #1 ITrade? That guy was cool. He slipped off the points and the forums and now appears to be deadbeating for cheap thrills. I stopped joining his games because he persisted in playing double turns waaaaay after everyone but newbs gave that shit up.

I saw rlcfast1 starting games up the other day and a wave of sweet memories almost made me join them all, even though I've got way too many going already. rlcfast1 was the classiest #1. Although Pilate is pretty classy too.

It kind of weirds me out that Scarus is a moderator. I remember when everything Scarus said was another come on, until it got kind of creepy. It was like, "Oh yeah, so I agree, cake is good. We too like cake in XIgames, a coalition of independent players united around the ideals of honor and collective social marriage click on the link to join." It's also ironic because one time I remember Twill and some XI dudes got into a kerfuffle and there was some minor accusation of maybe collusion going around and like 50 other XIers leapt to the defense. It was one long thread of, "So and so couldn't do that because he's a member of XIgames, a coalition of independent players united around common ideals of honor and fair play." "I agree! So and so is totally innocent, and a member of XIgames, a coalition of independent gamers united around..." Twill made up with them real fast.

Speaking of Twill, remember when Twill was kicking your ass? He was like the second Major, after that TR1111 dude, and he kept it longer than him the first time too, if I recall. Now look at the poor guy. No time for games these days.

Anyone else care to wax nostalgic with this old timer?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby qeee1 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:09 am

I remember RLCfast, I remember when he dropped way down the scoreboard thinking... woah. Wasn't here for Itrades no.1 position, but saw it in his sig all the time. I dreamt of doing the same one day, but kept losing instead of winning.

The funniest thing about weidsun/kusunoki/meltinguras/clio, was that he used to start threads congratulating one of his accounts on hitting some score, with another one of his accounts. He didn't just beat us and fool us, he laughed in our faces.

I remember when they made Twill mod, and I thought Who the f*ck is Twill?

Mudhut risk... that was hilarious. Seems odd now...

Scarus as mod, that's crazy. Actually 3 xi people are mods now. Didn't see any of those coming.

Wicked whose favourite topics of conversation are Peni and backdoors.
High, who used to have an average of 500 posts a day.
And Scarus who always wanted you in Xi.

Actually I remember having a run in with High about his post count back in the day. A one smiley post is not a post, etc. High said something back about not being able to control his asshole, so I took pity on him after that. :P

EDIT: Predating Highs post extravanganza, I remember Max being no.1. The Max and pennywise thread was one of the highlights. Whatever happened to pennywise?
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:38 am

I remember the day when my cousin was online and he made The Travelling Circus That had a weekly newsletter Bi-Annually

Those Where the days

I remember when lack sent me these PMs

yep - i'm going to work on private password protected games soon. you will be able to use those for your tourneys.

But whats wierder is he knew I wouldn't be buying premium so that's a lie?????

And when wacicha sent me this
wacicha 30th of april wrote:max i notice most=-=MOST=-= of the time you hand up good posts so why these guys rag on you must be because of the few posts that are not showing your intelligence where it really is. it could be because you want them to rag on you or it could be that at 12 your street smarts is not as up as your intellegence why don't you not play into their idea of what a 12 yeqr old should be like and show them what a 12 year old can really do please don't be upset if you read anything wrong in this msg i've watched your games i've read your posts i think you are smart lets let the other's think so to

And I remember when this famous post appeared

I remember the day.......
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby wicked on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:39 am

yeah I remember when this happened... could hear Zaw screaming from millions of miles away... Remember THAT Zaw??? LOL

Major wicked

Postby ZawBanjito on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:46 am

Strange how I'm not crying now. I wonder why? Hmm... let's click on your profile button and seeeeee.

[EDIT] Oh my gaaawd, she has a screenshot. And she's using it to make fun of me. The OED is going to add that post in under the heading "bugnuts."
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby wicked on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:51 am

uhh because you have no life and are wasting time reminiscing about the scoreboard? get out more Zaw! stop playing with your cockroaches! :lol: I had to keep it, or you would've denied it...lol
Last edited by wicked on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major wicked

Postby spring1 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:51 am

Oh yeah....I remember waaayyy back when I first joined (....those were the days....sigh.... )

:roll:

As I wondered around the lonely halls of CC, I wondered what sort of place this was...I mean, what kind of people named themselves, ZawBanjito and qeee1? :D
"We cannot enter into alliances until we are acquainted with the designs of our neighbors."--Sun Tzu
Lieutenant spring1

Postby ZawBanjito on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:55 am

Ahh yes, good ol' Max! Everyone used to be so mad at you all the time. Now with recent additions to the board pushing the pointless post envelope waaaay past it's rupture point, you do seem somehow nostalgic. Like in the end there was a point to all of it, and it was that... uh... something about things getting worse and worse all the time, but with progressively fonder memories?

Oh yeah. Senility.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby ZawBanjito on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:58 am

wicked wrote:uhh because you have no life and are wasting time reminiscing about the scoreboard? get out more Zaw! stop playing with your cockroaches! :lol: I had to keep it, or you would've denied it...lol

It's true enough.

I had a girl around and the cockroach that lives on my ceiling freaked her out for some reason, so I had to chase it. I lost it in the bathroom, which for some reason failed to bring her comfort. I'm sure she'll be back someday!
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby spring1 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:21 pm

ZawBanjito wrote:It's true enough.

I had a girl around and the cockroach that lives on my ceiling freaked her out for some reason, so I had to chase it. I lost it in the bathroom, which for some reason failed to bring her comfort. I'm sure she'll be back someday!

You know, Wicked...you didn't have to run out on the poor guy over something as mundane as the Great Bug Escape...Geesh! :wink:
"We cannot enter into alliances until we are acquainted with the designs of our neighbors."--Sun Tzu
Lieutenant spring1

I remember

Postby Scarus on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm

It's funny Rlcfast was the one that brought us xiGAMERS over here. We had all played online Risk for many years before C Club. The reason the honor thing was such a big deal was that when you play with the CD you usually invest several hours of your time, then when one person opts out, for whatever reason, the game shuts down for everyone else as well. So, you had to know who you were playing with or you would probably end up having a very frustrating evening. That's where xiGAMES came in. We collected class people and our games always finished.

Rlcfast is a class guy. It's funny, in some of his first posts to us about this place he acknowledged that his stay at number one would most likely be a shortlived one. Something about how he had got most of his points before lack started lowering the limit on how many games you could play, (before premium).

Yeah, I always did go way overboard about xiGAMES but I was basically on a one man crusade to save a group that was on it's way out when the Microsoft Gamezone dropped RiskII. Now, I'm quite sure that xiGAMES would hardly even notice if I deadbeated out of it.....lol

Of course, that always was the goal.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby qeee1 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:50 pm

GRRR... I lost my AOEII to the zone too...

Yeah, I remember when the limit was 5 games... and it included your defeated ones. And was it 10 before that?
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Marvaddin on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:05 pm

I remember all this you are talking about... And I suggested to lack to remove the games where you were eliminated from the limit... The sensation, you can imagine:
"They no more count to your limit (me: YES!), but now the limit is reduced to 4 (me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!)"

Weidsun... I wrote about him just some days ago... that was the best player I saw here in CC, no doubts. And I remember someone suggesting a game with the best... top 3 at the time: Weidsun, Kusunoki and #U... poor #U in that game :wink:

I remember the almost total absence of feedback when I was doing my Brazil map... and then my harsh words to Pedronicus asking "where are the slums?"

I remember when Andy joined, I teached him many things about maps... He was even designing a map with my help... but he stopped after being nominated to the foundry :wink:

Oh, and when HB joined... he founded the elite core, the first clan, and the weakest one, too :lol: He left, stayed out for one or two months, and returned to destroy the poor max and becomes the major post whore :)

Well, no one remembers the grievance bonanza? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Marvaddin

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Marvaddin wrote:Oh, and when HB joined... he founded the elite core, the first clan, and the weakest one, too :lol: He left, stayed out for one or two months, and returned to destroy the poor max and becomes the major post whore :)

I thought cybertech and hotgun founded elite core? I could be wrong tho, i haven't been around as long as you guys.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Marvaddin on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:50 pm

Hmmm, maybe... but he was one of the first members anyway. :)
Major Marvaddin

Postby HighBorn on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Yeah cybertech founded elite than almost next day hotgun asumed head roll
Private 1st Class HighBorn

AoeII

Postby Scarus on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 pm

Qeee,

Didn't know you were into AoEII. Laughing Mule has been the head of the AoE portion of xiGAMES like, forever. I think that she, and YP Legend are coordinating games again. Check it out over at the xiGAMES forum.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

ahh yes

Postby dragonfly on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:29 am

remember when there were only three maps, asia, usa, and classic?
i havent played an asia game in.. months...
0_o;
Corporal 1st Class dragonfly

Postby Fireside Poet on Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:32 am

I wasn't here for all the history you folks are talking about, but reading this thread did make me smile for some reason ... perhaps I will remember this moment in a few months and can think back to a time at 2:31 in the morning that I had a smile on my face reading about things that really means nothing to me. :D

This rambling message was brought to you by:

The Poet
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:20 am

Marvaddin wrote:I remember the almost total absence of feedback when I was doing my Brazil map... and then my harsh words to Pedronicus asking "where are the slums?"

Oh my days, I totally remember that Marv! It was so godawful a thing, I had to read it again to make sure he'd actually said that.

Remember... who were those kids? There were a bunch of Brazilian kids running around, and they only played with each other, and they were getting all these points, and it was like the first really big accusation of multi-ing. And you talked to them and it turned out they were all playing on their school computers and that's why the IPs were coming up the same, and then they just sort of left. What were their names again?

Well, no one remembers the grievance bonanza? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't got a clue what you're on about.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Utafar on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:30 am

I remember when the longest thread wasnt filled with so much spam

I also remeber when the server upgrade screwed up my doubles game :D
Sergeant 1st Class Utafar

Postby jaydog on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:31 am

I am so glad this post was started.

I was just talking to highborn about past players, like Cenamom, what a cool player she was, always made me nervous

remwmber that bully scorba? lol oh ya he's still around.

I am glad I found this site, and take the time to thank
Jas_in_obit who turned me on to it.
Lieutenant jaydog

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:37 am

Yeah, Cenamom! Am I right in thinking she started like 100 games and then had to go away suddenly and so lost all her points? Is that why she left?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby jaydog on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:39 am

she said she had to leave because of personal problems.. :(

she was the original founder of CC anonomous
Lieutenant jaydog

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:42 am

spring1 wrote:You know, Wicked...you didn't have to run out on the poor guy over something as mundane as the Great Bug Escape...Geesh! :wink:

Hey wicked, remember this?
The Book Club: ODSBODIKINS
Colonel ZawBanjito

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion