Conquer Club

Something that affects dice?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Something that affects dice?

Postby Maxter50 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:21 am

I have been playing this for a little while now, month or two. Recently I have noticed, in all my games that I continually loose rolls on a massive scale. For instance, in three different games, a similar scenerio played out, one right after the other. Something like 6 vs 1, each roll lose lose lose. So now I have lost way to many games because I have been loosing when I am at the advantage. I will even save up more armies than normal to attack a poorly guarded territory and loose. This didnt happen so much in the fist month or so of playing. And it has very rarley happened in on an actual board. Is there anything, on my end that could possibly affect the dice, this is so frustrating that I am having trouble wanting to play anymore.
Private Maxter50

Re: Something that affects dice?

Postby Joodoo on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:55 am

The dice is RANDOM!!!
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby decoulombe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 pm

You have to think about this from a logical perspective, either.

1. Someone, or something is purposely after us and with all it's evil intent is trying to make us (or certain people) in losing games. Another name for this is conspiracy.

-or-

2. The dice are perfectly random, which is impossible since as of now it is next to impossible for an electronic substitute to completely take the place of the randomness of actual dice.

-or-

3. The dice are next to perfectly random, which is OK, since each player has an equal opportunity to play the same game with the same dice.

Too many people complain about the dice, and/ or the owners of this site aren't doing a good enough job about it. Maybe they are are right, however this presumes the assumption that they have a better solution. I challenge those who complain about the dice to come up with that solution, and make the playing experience better for everybody.
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometime and wave a tentacle"
Cadet decoulombe

Postby Kemmler on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 pm

the dice are incredibly bad for me as well.

we should make a clan.
Cook Kemmler

Postby g.i. jane on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 pm

On game start, each player is allocated a 'Dice win percentage' so for example if your win percentage is 48% and your opponents is 54% you are at a disadvantage!! Dont know if this is true, but i was informed that the site does indeed use pre-determined dice... I suppose the same percentages could be used for territory allocations as well???
Captain g.i. jane

Postby decoulombe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:42 pm

The dice come from random.org, a third party site that is independent of this site's statistics, such as rank and winning percentages.

Also see http://www.random.org/dice/ (I like playing with 25 ;) ) No JK, there are only 16, but they seem to give more power then simply 3. And how many times I get strait sixes :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometime and wave a tentacle"
Cadet decoulombe

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Yes, there is a ritual that affects the dice in your favour. You must sacrifice a 17 year old virgin to the dice gods at new moon and pray to them every time you go online, knock on wood every time you click the attack or auto attack button, and you will be blessed with unbeatable dice, unless your opponent is also a true believer, in which case you will have a standard chance of winning/losing.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Maxter50 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Ok, just thought I would ask, I didnt know if there was anything on the users side that could affect the dice forumla. What G.I. Jane said makes sense to, if its actually true that would suck because its not actually a random process. I think that maybe we should make a clan Kemmler, let me know!
Private Maxter50

Postby FabledIntegral on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:42 pm

I have gotten 0-8 rolls 7x over 3 games yesterday.

I also got 0-8 in the two games I've played today.

Dice f*ck me hard sometimes.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby bamage on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:49 pm

g.i. jane wrote:On game start, each player is allocated a 'Dice win percentage' so for example if your win percentage is 48% and your opponents is 54% you are at a disadvantage!! Dont know if this is true, but i was informed that the site does indeed use pre-determined dice... I suppose the same percentages could be used for territory allocations as well???

Who "informed" you of this?
Colonel bamage

Postby g.i. jane on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:52 pm

bamage wrote:
g.i. jane wrote:On game start, each player is allocated a 'Dice win percentage' so for example if your win percentage is 48% and your opponents is 54% you are at a disadvantage!! Dont know if this is true, but i was informed that the site does indeed use pre-determined dice... I suppose the same percentages could be used for territory allocations as well???

Who "informed" you of this?

I heard it in game chat,, some players said that it came from a person called wicked! who use to be a mod!? Like i said, dont know if its true or not, but it sounds plausable! :?
Captain g.i. jane

Postby decoulombe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Maxter50 wrote:Ok, just thought I would ask, I didnt know if there was anything on the users side that could affect the dice forumla. What G.I. Jane said makes sense to, if its actually true that would suck because its not actually a random process. I think that maybe we should make a clan Kemmler, let me know!

Just remember as of yet there is no true way to replicate the dice that you get when spinning on your local risk board, however, this is the next best thing and also there is much more competition out here then on an ordinary risk board. And no, the mods don't mess with the dice in any way.
Cadet decoulombe

Postby decoulombe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:57 pm

And P.S. the dice as a matter of fact are as random as you can get. If you can suggest a better formula, the suggestions and comments are that'a way. ;)
Cadet decoulombe

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:51 pm

not masturbating also helps "unstick" bad dice
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Ditocoaf on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:53 pm

If you were in the habit of always attacking 2v7 all the time, you'd find that, almost every game, at least one of those would win.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby RADAGA on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Yes, there is a ritual that affects the dice in your favour. You must sacrifice a 17 year old virgin to the dice gods at new moon and pray to them every time you go online, knock on wood every time you click the attack or auto attack button, and you will be blessed with unbeatable dice, unless your opponent is also a true believer, in which case you will have a standard chance of winning/losing.

It has to be a female virgin? If so, what a waste.

So, I will go on with those instructions, and if I get caught, I will claim that you was the intellectual mentor behind the crimes, and that I was just following what the priest of the dice god said to me to do.
Private 1st Class RADAGA

Postby decoulombe on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:57 pm

RADAGA wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Yes, there is a ritual that affects the dice in your favour. You must sacrifice a 17 year old virgin to the dice gods at new moon and pray to them every time you go online, knock on wood every time you click the attack or auto attack button, and you will be blessed with unbeatable dice, unless your opponent is also a true believer, in which case you will have a standard chance of winning/losing.

So, I will go on with those instructions, and if I get caught, I will claim that you was the intellectual mentor behind the crimes, and that I was just following what the priest of the dice god said to me to do.

You think too Traditional. We just prick the finger now....saves the big mess.
Cadet decoulombe

Postby Assassin07 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:37 am

dice are random but they do seem bad
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby decoulombe on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:42 am

assassin07 wrote:dice are random but they do seem bad

Start 16 red vs 3 Neutral

D1= :evil:<1 D2= :evil:<1 D3= :twisted:<1

D1= 8-)>6 D2= :lol:>6
Finish 1 red vs 2 Neutral
How many times have I done this and the little dice gods destroy me. I have to quit playing the "auto-attack" button
Cadet decoulombe

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 am

RADAGA wrote:

Male or transsexual virgins will do fine, too, but it has to be a virgin.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby PricklyPear on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:10 pm

MeDeFe wrote: You must sacrifice a 17 year old virgin to the dice gods .

What??? This whole time I've been sacrificing 16 year olds. Now, I feel kind of guilty.
Lieutenant PricklyPear

Return to Conquer Club Discussion