Conquer Club

What would happen if the Klobber was removed ?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What would happen if Klobber was gone from the site?

Total votes : 0

What would happen if the Klobber was removed ?

Postby trapyoung on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 am

Not a flame, an actual intelligent conversation regarding what would happen if the site sucked it up and permanently banned Klobber. Now some of you may think I am doing this because of his foe list or maybe because of his non-deserved rank, but I am not. Many have been banned for flaming outside flame wars and inciting hate against other members but Klobber, fresh off his 1 week ban has been trolling and flaming wicked in General Discussion numerous times which has prompted Optimus Prime and other mods to constantly delete his posts. These posts feign interest in wicked's well being and serve more for Klobber to self promote and hear himself speak. He is inciting hate and insinuating beliefs about wicked that he himself is not certified to make. Calling her 'so far gone' is defamation of character and promotes similar activities among other members of the site. If you want to get rid of flame wars you first need to get rid of the flamers and here is the site's number one flamer.. Klobber.

What would happen should he be banned? A message would be sent, first flaming outside of flame wars would finally have a punishment worthy of it's crime as cicero and edbeard have both described this to be the site's number one problem. Also, it would show that abuse of the foe system does not allow you to rank gain and then give yourself free reign to appoint yourself to the level of a mod and allow you to use this site as your playground. I want honest opinions, even yours Klobber, but DO NOT derail this conversation like many of those Cheating & Abuse threads about you. If you truly believe you're an asset to this site please explain because as I can see it, you are not and should not be here.

*Note - I am NOT a wicked supporter, but the actions of Klobber prompt a defense of her and prompt a discussion of his future on this site.
Colonel trapyoung

Re: What would happen if the Klobber was removed ?

Postby steve monkey on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:05 pm

just ignore him

May the dice gods shine favourably upon you.
Private 1st Class steve monkey

Postby KLOBBER on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Give me a break, dude.

People are asking why she was fired, and I'm answering in the most sensitive and truthful manner possible, under the circumstances.

Sometimes the truth is painful, but that does not add up to "trolling" or "flaming."

You are grasping at straws, and doing so just because you and I have locked horns before and you're still angry about that.

Just get over it, dude.

:D
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
Private 1st Class KLOBBER

Postby trapyoung on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 pm

KLOBBER wrote:
wolvertonadams wrote:why was she fired?

Many CC members have come together in the wake of this insane debacle, mildly dismayed by her embarrassing and highly public mental breakdown, and wished her a speedy recovery of her mental health.

It's not known whether or not such a recovery could even be possible for an individual so "far gone," but let's keep our collective fingers crossed, just in case such a miracle is possible.

The bold above does equate to trolling and flaming, it is your opinion that she is one "so far gone" but you are in no position to make this diagnosis and spread this opinion. I'm sick of the just ignore him argument because it does not remedy the problem. If there's an actual honest discussion to disbanding the Flame Wars forum because of the problem of flaming outside of Flame Wars then you should be looking at those committing those crimes and in large part it is Klobber. Just by adding him to my foe list and be forced to click 'Display this post' to read his thoughts doesn't mean he still isn't flaming outside of Flame Wars and decreasing the quality of the site.
Last edited by trapyoung on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby hwhrhett on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:12 pm

you can get banned for being an ass?

doesnt seem fair.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby trapyoung on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 pm

hwhrhett wrote:you can get banned for being an ass?

doesnt seem fair.

Not recommending a ban for being an ass, I'm recommending one for forum hijacking, trolling, flaming outside of flame wars, inciting hate, and so on.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby KLOBBER on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm

Dude, calm down.

It's perfectly acceptable to answer questions asked in threads, and since I have access to answers that some other members don't seem to have, I have answered.

People have a right to have their sincere questions answered, and I have a right to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

By the way, I do actually have some formal training in psychology, and in addition to that, there are certain behaviors that are so abhorrent and obviously the result of some mental problem that formal training is not really even required to determine their presence.

As if that were not enough, Wicked herself has posited in the forum several times that she has some mental problems.

Just let it go.

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 pm

KLOBBER wrote:As if that were not enough, Wicked herself has posited in the forum several times that she has some mental problems.

one thing the two of you obviously have in common.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby trapyoung on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 pm

KLOBBER wrote:Dude, calm down.

It's perfectly acceptable to answer questions asked in threads, and since I have access to answers that some other members don't seem to have, I have answered.

People have a right to have their sincere questions answered, and I have a right to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

By the way, I do actually have some formal training in psychology, and in addition to that, there are certain behaviors that are so abhorrent and obviously the result of some mental problem that formal training is not really even required to determine their presence.

As if that were not enough, Wicked herself has posited in the forum several times that she has some mental problems.

Just let it go.

She explained how a disease temporarily effected her mental functions, you have suggested that she is permanently disturbed and unlikely to ever function properly. That diagnosis is abhorrent and unless you are dealing with a mental invalid, a diagnosis which probably does not create the optimism and positive attitude that many patients need when dealing with psychological disorders you have described. Did you not read past page 1?
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 pm

What would happen? There'd be less Circus Maximus games?

I can't think of much else that would change if he were gone. Other than less threads in the Cheating Reports about him.
Major Bones2484

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Bones2484 wrote:What would happen? There'd be less Circus Maximus games?

I can't think of much else that would change if he were gone. Other than less threads in the Cheating Reports about him.

Two excellent points!
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Frop on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:53 pm

There are a lot of people (including myself) who said far worse things about Wicked - this time around it seems like you're bashing KLOBBER just because it's KLOBBER.
Captain Frop

Postby KLOBBER on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:47 pm

Frop wrote:There are a lot of people (including myself) who said far worse things about Wicked - this time around it seems like you're bashing KLOBBER just because it's KLOBBER.

Thank you, Frop. I agree.

Postby KLOBBER on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:As if that were not enough, Wicked herself has posited in the forum several times that she has some mental problems.

one thing the two of you obviously have in common.

That's not true. I am perfectly healthy, both mentally and physically.

Postby oVo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:17 pm

I'm sure you believe that KLOBBER.
Major oVo

Postby KLOBBER on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:33 pm

oVo wrote:I'm sure you believe that KLOBBER.

It is a fact, and your belief and disbelief do not enter into the equation.

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Frop wrote:There are a lot of people (including myself) who said far worse things about Wicked - this time around it seems like you're bashing KLOBBER just because it's KLOBBER.
your avatar is the best one i've seen to date after saying what you said!!!!
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby KoE_Sirius on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm the one that voted other .Explaination ; Two aspects of the site would improve ,because we omit a negative influence and save on precious server space .
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:18 pm

I voted no change...for if you strike the head off the hydra, another grows in its place, then another, then another ad infinitum...unless of course you happen to be Hercules.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:22 pm

Fruitcake wrote:I voted no change...for if you strike the head off the hydra, another grows in its place, then another, then another ad infinitum...unless of course you happen to be Hercules.

Didn't he have a special sword too?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Frop on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:29 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:I voted no change...for if you strike the head off the hydra, another grows in its place, then another, then another ad infinitum...unless of course you happen to be Hercules.

Didn't he have a special sword too?

C.

Not exactly. Each time Heracles smashed a head of the hydra with his club, his sidekick Iolaos would burn the top of the neck with a torch to prevent the head from growing back.

Captain Frop

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:45 pm

What would happen?

Umm, the munchkins would have a new "ding-dong" song?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby oVo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm

KLOBBER wrote:It is a fact [...]

Fact is, you avoid competitive players and create Circus Max games to harvest cheap points from deadbeat recruits. This fact makes both your rank and the expression klobber time a big joke. If you aren't ignorant of that fact then it must be your scrupples that are lacking. Your reputation is that of a bottom feeder with many players doubting you have the necessary skills to challenge anyone other than noobs.

You sidestepped jiminski's previous inquiry, but I too wonder "what sort of satisfaction you get from setting up non-competitive games?" or how you believe Brigadier is your "natural rank" when deadbeat recruits are your most consistant adversaries?

KLOBBER wrote:2. I kick royal ass.

Far from fact.

I too voted no change because who --besides General Quigley-- would even notice that he wasn't playing?
Major oVo

Postby KLOBBER on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Everything that ovo said about me above is a lie.

Postby GabonX on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Anyone who wonders what would happen if Klobber were banned from the site doesn't need to look any further than the recent removal of wicked or the less recent removal of Norse..

..If Klobber becomes banned there will be uproar about how great and upstanding a player he was and there will be a massive "free Klobber" movement. Players who had little or no interaction with him while he was a member will become impassioned to "fight" for his cause by spamming up the forums and we would likely see him posting in the forums with multi accounts.

This isn't really specific to Klobber, but it seems to be the default reaction here.
Captain GabonX

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion