Conquer Club

Need advice on a 2 month old game please...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Need advice on a 2 month old game please...

Postby celeryuk on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:51 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2648100

This has been a great game but I'm not sure what to do next.

I was basically down and out about 10 rounds ago and held on to Europe for a while and kept quiet.

I built up a bit whilst yellow & red hit each other and then announced myself as KING MAKER - ie noone should attack me or they get all my (small) force and the other player nips in and wins.

Well the funny thing is they have left me alone and I'm now the strongest, just.So I really dont want to mess it up. If I attack red, then yellow can really damage my rear and vice versa. They have attacked each other for ages now and left me alone - do I let that carry one and just get bigger and bigger?

I've never been in this position and I could do with some advice.

Cheers
Bruce
Corporal celeryuk

Re: Need advice on a 2 month old game please...

Postby Sentinel XIV on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm

If they really want to continue to ignore the elephant in the room and hit each other, let them. Saves you from doing the work. I don't normally condone standing by and doing nothing, but if they don't even try to weaken the strongest player then that's their fault.
Eye. Mull. Of. Ma. Sheen.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Kemmler on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:26 am

keep building and hanging on to your bonus, and hope they will fight soon.
Cook Kemmler

Postby CubColtPacer on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I would go for it at this point.

You have 160 armies. Yellow has 125. Red has 83. So they have 208 combined.

You're getting 27 guys this turn and then add in whatever match you have. Let's say you're unlucky and have a 4 match. That still leaves you with 31 guys, which gives you 191. That's pretty close to half the board.

My suggestion. Deploy every army on India. Take China (attacking from Thailand until you have less than 4 armies on Thailand, then going from India), Taiwan, Hawaii, Philippines, Borneo, Sulaweski and around Oceania until you hit Australian Claim. Make sure to pick off Java and advance 0 before moving into the claim with any armies you have left.

Then, Take most of the Americas. Use Sahka to attack Alaska, and then whatever 1's that you can after that on that side if you have any left. Don't block your Iceland army. Then use Iceland and swoop through, taking the rest of North America. Go down to South America and pillage. Take every territory BUT Northeast Brazil. Knock Northeast Brazil down until it could be destroyed by 1 roll (1 or 2 men) and then STOP. Proceed through South America taking everything else until your armies end up in Tierra Del Fuego.

If you have been successful in all that, eliminate red from the game using the bigger army from either Australian Claim or Tierra Del Fuego (going through South Africa after taking all 4 claims). Be very careful about how many territories you take. Make sure that Yellow's 26 in Guineas, 13 in Iraq, and 11 in Saudi all remain blocked. That is very important to the next turn. Take every territory that you can that doesn't open up one of these 3 territories (including Niger since you'll have to open that up to eliminate red).

Then, if you haven't taken Morocco with your big army (making sure not to open up Guineas) then suicide from Iberia until Iberia has less than 4. As soon as Iberia hits 3, stop that attack. Then fortify around.

If you do this correctly, Yellow's main armies will be blocked. You'll likely have an army advantage, and even if you don't, yellow won't be able to do much damage to you with all his armies blocked. So after yellow goes and can't do much since he's been decimated, you'll have a huge number of armies (huge number of territories plus at least 2 continents) next turn to deploy which you can win the game with.

There is a small chance it blows up in your face, but with the amount of armies you have the chance is really not that large. Even if 1 part blows up, it still will be a very good turn for you to decimate their chance to get large amounts of reinforcements. If you're careful about not missing any territories and not taking Northeast Brazil, then I give you an 85-90 percent chance to win in 1-2 turns. You'll win doing this unless you get extremely unlucky with the dice over a decently large sample.
Lieutenant CubColtPacer

Postby celeryuk on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:17 pm

wow - amazing reply - thanks very much CubColtPacer.

Very good strategy, i like the idea of blocking yellows big armies, i might not have done that - or used auto-attack and mess it up!

as it happens another turn has passed and they both attacked each other again - bizarre
and I traded in a 10 set and moved to moscow to keep em guessing. i think i;ll move it back next time and see how it goes :)

cheers
Corporal celeryuk

Return to Conquer Club Discussion