Conquer Club

Slow Site

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Slow Site

Postby -BAS- on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:31 pm

i seem to have alot of pages that time out. is there anything i can do on my end to make the site run faster? i mean i paid for a year of service and then the site seemed to slow way down.
Thanks
BAS
Private -BAS-

Re: Slow Site

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm going to move this to Q&A because it doesn't seem to be a bug.

In order to speed up things on your end, you could check your internet connection. Sometimes your router (if you're using high speed) may just need to be reset. That speeds it up for me at times. You might have something on your computer that is running in the background that could be eating into your bandwidth. Also, make sure to leave cookies ON for Conquer Club as well as not having it clear your cache every time you close the browser. When images are cached on your browser, they'll load faster the next time around.

If you try those things and it still seems to be a site problem, you can get a General Discussion mod to move it back here for you.
Major Night Strike

Postby hecter on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:24 pm

www.speedtest.net

How fast is your internet? Got any anti-virus or firewall programs running? What times do you play at?
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby -BAS- on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:57 pm

i play at all times night and day. i never had a problem before just lately the page will time out sometime several times before it goes through. oh well i love the game and maps etc. but i wont be renewing my sub if it doesnt run any better. i play several other games and have no problems on them. i dont know whats changed but this is frustrating.

even posting this takes a few times of it timing out.
Private -BAS-

Postby Timminz on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Are you using a torrent program while browsing/playing CC? I know that that causes huge slow-downs for me, pretty much, only on CC.
Captain Timminz

Postby MOBAJOBG on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:21 pm

hecter wrote:http://www.speedtest.net

How fast is your internet? Got any anti-virus or firewall programs running? What times do you play at?

Mine is Download speed = 848 kb/s, Upload speed = 168 kb/s & Latency = 139 ms
Is that slow?
Major MOBAJOBG

Postby hecter on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 pm

MOBAJOBG wrote:
hecter wrote:http://www.speedtest.net

Mine is Download speed = 848 kb/s, Upload speed = 168 kb/s & Latency = 139 ms
Is that slow?

Yes. I get around 4600kbs down, 600 up and about a 90ms ping. But I've seen people with well above 10'000kbs down and even 20'000kbs down.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Timminz on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 am

10408kb/s down
961kb/s up
ping 40ms
distance ~250mi

I noticed that there are no Canadian test sites there, so I googled it, and found a bunch of crap. 11841kb/s was the only number I could get from any of them. I guess that's pretty good, but then again, it is 2:30AM on a tuesday morning, so I doubt there's a whole lot of traffic competing with me right now.
Captain Timminz

Postby hecter on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:55 am

Timminz wrote:10408kb/s down
961kb/s up
ping 40ms
distance ~250mi

I noticed that there are no Canadian test sites there, so I googled it, and found a bunch of crap. 11841kb/s was the only number I could get from any of them. I guess that's pretty good, but then again, it is 2:30AM on a tuesday morning, so I doubt there's a whole lot of traffic competing with me right now.

That's not true, I test from a Toronto server...
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby -BAS- on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:54 am

well my speed tests quite a bit lower then that. mine is 1281/327. maybe thats why but i never had problems before and i only get lag here at CC, oh well ;-(. i do really love the game but it drives me nuts.
Private -BAS-

Postby hecter on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Well, in a game when ever I time out, I never wait the extra ten seconds, as I'll be waiting forever. I generally say "No!" and then just hit the refresh map link and it works perfectly... Generally.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby -BAS- on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:00 pm

yep thats what i do too. it times out most of the time too.
Private -BAS-

Postby -BAS- on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:29 pm

well i dont know what changed but it started running much better today.
Private -BAS-

Postby -BAS- on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:32 pm

seems to me that if im in over 10 games i get lag really bad. i joined a bunch of games and the lag is back. i dont think this is on my end. well im guessing noone cares.
Private -BAS-

Postby hecter on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Well, we're not lagging... Are you using BOB or something?
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby -BAS- on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:37 pm

nope, i dont think so. whats bob?
Private -BAS-

Postby hecter on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Never mind then...
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby -BAS- on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:33 pm

well i think its a shame that im paying for such lousy service. i guess noone cares that a paying customer is having so poor service. if i let the games im in drop below 10 it runs fine but if i join a few games it slows way down. i used to advertise this site and try to get people to join. ive had one paying customer join from my link. but its hard to advertise and think someone else may get poor service too.
BAS
Private -BAS-

Postby hecter on Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Nothing I can do about it. Try PMing one of the mods and seeing what they say. I mean, I'm in... 76 games right now... No issues.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby -BAS- on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:03 am

hey hector i want to say thank you for trying to help me. i did get some suggestions lastnight in chat and by restting the modem and restarting everything seems to have helped. i am running 100% better.
thank you
BAS
Private -BAS-

Return to Conquer Club Discussion