Conquer Club

Paradice and Owen gone for 24 hours....

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Paradice and Owen gone for 24 hours....

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:31 pm

The reason: see Point Jump thread

But why didn't Paradice get an extra sentence for starting a flame thread in GD? From what I've heard/seen, he's gotten warnings before, and shouldn't get any more chances.

Owen is a jerk, and says stuff that could be considered baiting, but would never openly start a flame like that...

The system needs revisions!
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Re: Paradice and Owen gone for 24 hours....

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm

I believe that thread may be reviewed again, but from what I saw, clapper moved it in order to prevent there from being flames here in GD (which everyone knows was going to happen).
Major Night Strike

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:21 pm

It should be reviewed and his ban lengthened. Putting up flame threads in GD is idiotic. CC is quickly becoming the Wild West, with no rules or sheriffs. 3 days min for Paradice. And Owen's ban was bs, but already a third over.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 am

well the only reason O got the ban was because of his previous history and clan.... but he shouldn't have got it...

brett is right, and even people who aren't taking sides should understand that flaming in gd is a no go
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Re: pair of dice and oh when are all ours...

Postby oVo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:27 am

Which everyone knows was going to happen? So that was some kind of pre-emptive strike
like when we all knew Niger was selling Iraq yellow cake uranium on the W 2.1 map.
Major oVo

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:01 am

I don't really know either of them that well .I do know Owen is a bit of a joker and sometimes he takes things a bit far .A 24 hour ban is a tiny slap on the wrist .
The locking the thread is something I don't understand .Moving it to the flame wars would have been just enough .
Freedom of speech is far more important then a couple of jokers messing around in the wrong playground .
:)
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Elijah S on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:35 am

KoE_Sirius wrote:I don't really know either of them that well .I do know Owen is a bit of a joker and sometimes he takes things a bit far .A 24 hour ban is a tiny slap on the wrist .
The locking the thread is something I don't understand .Moving it to the flame wars would have been just enough .
Freedom of speech is far more important then a couple of jokers messing around in the wrong playground .
:)

Well-put.
There seems to be a lot of inconsistency with the mods. Like some things are okay some of the time, but not okay other times... depending on the position of the moon, or time of the month, or what that particular mod had for dinner, etc.
There have always, and will continue to be disagreements and pissing contests in GD, but I don't think it warrants locking, moving the entire topic to FW, or making the boys stand in the corner. [-X
Sergeant 1st Class Elijah S

Postby lancehoch on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:22 am

whitestazn88 wrote:well the only reason O got the ban was because of his previous history and clan.... but he shouldn't have got it...

brett is right, and even people who aren't taking sides should understand that flaming in gd is a no go

Not true. The reason owen got banned was because he (and paradice) were warned previously to avoid one another. Clearly this did not happen.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:32 am

people it is 24 hours.... nothing to worry about... Owen will be back today :D
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby clapper011 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:38 am

Owen had flamed PC a couple of times too. People come on, there was no innocent victims in this case! lol as for the lock...well, a few people including owen asked for it to be locked, and i had moved it there figuring if they are having goes at each other, which they can't seem to stop, then what better place to be then in flame wars? But not everyone can be satisfied.

have a good day eh ;)
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:08 am

clapper011 wrote:Owen had flamed PC a couple of times too. People come on, there was no innocent victims in this case! lol as for the lock...well, a few people including owen asked for it to be locked, and i had moved it there figuring if they are having goes at each other, which they can't seem to stop, then what better place to be then in flame wars? But not everyone can be satisfied.

have a good day eh ;)

I see where you are going with this and I know you have a hard job keeping the little boys in line(ie Owen and whatshisface).
Locking down the thread shouldn't really be an option .I may have had something to say about the subject matter .I don't think I have been out of line with anything I said .Plus we have a whole community with views .
The thread was locked(The Seed) .Now from this seed pops up more subjects talking about the same topic .
Happy Sunday :)
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Vace Cooper on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:21 am

owen was banned for what he posted in a thread paradice started about biggest point gains or something. fair enough. then paradice started a flame thread entitled "Owen" in the GD and big O never even posted in it before or after it was moved to flame wars. they were both banned for the back and forth in the first thread about point gains. that fight was caused by the second thread. so why isn't paradice on a 3 day ban for posting a flame thread in GD? owen never posted in that thread and was not punished for that thread. the mods screwed this up big time. they are forgetting that paradice's flame thread was never posted in by owen and clapper assumed he would. paradice needs a three day ban. as a leader of a clan, who do i present this to for a real review?
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby clapper011 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 pm

you need to go to AndyDufresne about this. He is the one that handed out the bans.
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion