Conquer Club

IS CC only about Meanigful discussion

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

IS CC only about Meanigful discussion

Postby hulmey on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:57 pm

Twill locked this thread becuase he didnt think it was meaningful? Although a number of good dicussions could arise from it! like why cant i change my username? The huge amount of multi's on CC! How mulit's are indeed promoted! Dont lock threads, coz it just shows fear! That in turn shows you have something to hide :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61263&view=unread#unread

Just to add Mr.Twill, your attitude sucks. You obviuosly didnt have a good weekend :?

Furthermore i submitted the e-ticket over 2 weeks ago! So, a little respect please!! I would like to know why I cant have a name change. I do know its very possible and not at all a hard thing to do :cry:
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Re: IS CC only about Meanigful discussion

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:26 pm

Furthermore, Twill's response was as random as his avatar.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby FabledIntegral on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:45 pm

hulmey wrote:Furthermore i submitted the e-ticket over 2 weeks ago! So, a little respect please!! I would like to know why I cant have a name change. I do know its very possible and not at all a hard thing to do :cry:

I believe it's quite clear that it's not yet an available feature of CC yet. I asked for a point reset via e-ticket, and after two weeks of no response, took the plunge instead, playing a large number of doodle assassins, and when I couldn't drop any lower than a high major/low colonel, started playing 1v1 standard games and hit only neutrals (and I STILL managed to beat a cook, after killing 4 neutrals and one of his armies to take North America... I had a 5 bonus that made me stockpile armies as he did the same after killing FOUR neutral armies in Oceania...). Point being, features that CC doesn't yet have, they don't need to provide.

It's probably not a hard thing to do, but if they do it for one person, they must do it for a lot. Most forums have an entire section with mods specifically to do name changes. They need to lay down the rules for name changes, such as one name change every 6 months-1 year, and such. Constant name changes merely result in people getting confused on who is who...
Major FabledIntegral

Postby hulmey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 am

FabledIntegral wrote:
hulmey wrote:Furthermore i submitted the e-ticket over 2 weeks ago! So, a little respect please!! I would like to know why I cant have a name change. I do know its very possible and not at all a hard thing to do :cry:

I believe it's quite clear that it's not yet an available feature of CC yet. I asked for a point reset via e-ticket, and after two weeks of no response, took the plunge instead, playing a large number of doodle assassins, and when I couldn't drop any lower than a high major/low colonel, started playing 1v1 standard games and hit only neutrals (and I STILL managed to beat a cook, after killing 4 neutrals and one of his armies to take North America... I had a 5 bonus that made me stockpile armies as he did the same after killing FOUR neutral armies in Oceania...). Point being, features that CC doesn't yet have, they don't need to provide.

It's probably not a hard thing to do, but if they do it for one person, they must do it for a lot. Most forums have an entire section with mods specifically to do name changes. They need to lay down the rules for name changes, such as one name change every 6 months-1 year, and such. Constant name changes merely result in people getting confused on who is who...

I agree, but when you sign up that isnt in your mind. YOu dont know your username is set for LIFE. Also, they can change username's and have done so for people on rare occasions. They just dont want to do it becuase there may be an influx of people doing it then. Maybe they could come up with a rule that you can only do it once during your time at CC. Otherwise people will just make multi's and do it anyway!!!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Night Strike on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:29 am

Having admins spend time changing usernames will just take up more time that should be focused on the many site improvements people are clamoring for like the improvements for clans, game finder, etc.
Major Night Strike

Postby hulmey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:52 am

Night Strike wrote:Having admins spend time changing usernames will just take up more time that should be focused on the many site improvements people are clamoring for like the improvements for clans, game finder, etc.

OH come, thats always the line you guys use. Do you have it saved somewhere and then just copy and paste?
Last edited by hulmey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Night Strike on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 am

Perhaps I should save it somewhere. It sure would make it easier when replying to requests that really probably aren't worth the time.
Major Night Strike

Postby hulmey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 am

Night Strike wrote:Perhaps I should save it somewhere. It sure would make it easier when replying to requests that really probably aren't worth the time.

Why isnt it worth the time? I sent an e-ticket over 2 weeks ago and even advised in teh ticket that i would be willing to pay to change my username. Isnt that good for the site? Isnt that the warn fuzzy feeling? How many customers do you get who will actually pay to change their username? I think you better look after these types and not Antagonize them with Bullshit replies!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby xxtig12683xx on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:51 am

Night Strike wrote:Having admins spend time changing usernames will just take up more time that should be focused on the many site improvements people are clamoring for like the improvements for clans, game finder, etc.

it takes less that 2 mins to change a name...really 30 seconds but 2 mins on the safe side. :lol:

-tig
"there is no avoiding war, it can only be postponed to the advantage of your enemy" NM, 1502
Sergeant 1st Class xxtig12683xx

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:59 am

do the same thing xbox live does....
it costs money to change it..like 500 points...which isnt much like 10 bucks
yet 12 month membership $90 so work it out...charge i dunno 5 bucks for name changes....
then the turtle can make some cash for hookers and coke...it will solve all probs
heck employ another fricken mod solely responsible for it
not that hard...
i know its defo possible with the current system...
it gets rid of multi's well the ones who jsut do it to get a new name....and it wont take up any of the current mods time
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby hulmey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:02 am

lord voldemort wrote:do the same thing xbox live does....
it costs money to change it..like 500 points...which isnt much like 10 bucks
yet 12 month membership $90 so work it out...charge i dunno 5 bucks for name changes....
then the turtle can make some cash for hookers and coke...it will solve all probs
heck employ another fricken mod solely responsible for it
not that hard...
i know its defo possible with the current system...
it gets rid of multi's well the ones who jsut do it to get a new name....and it wont take up any of the current mods time

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

LOVO FOR MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Re: IS CC only about Meaningful discussion

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:26 am

This is indicative of a greater malaise that runs through the site.

Unfortunately, this is a one of those occasions where a great idea is slowly but surely being eroded from the inside due to poor customer service. It has been proven, time and time again, those companies who invest heavily in ensuring a high level of customer service ultimately win through and can become huge successes. History is littered with great ideas that foundered because the owners/originators thought their product was so good they could let CS standards fall, the end result, someone else copied the idea, gave better service and ended up putting them out of business.

This year has seen numerous times when there have been problems with the site, yet the management have been absent from their posts. If this wasn’t evidence enough of the low regard they hold those people paying them, then Twills latest asinine comment about weekend is:

As to your name change request - it's the weekend dude, even we need some time off.

I was staggered when I saw he had actually put these words in writing. So what this means is, they offer a 24 hour product, without offering a 24 hour service to back it up….sure fire way to disaster. Furthermore, he is conceited enough to completely ignore a paying customers complaint that he had not received a response for two weeks! But then do they care? So far all the signs are that they don’t. Both absent from post on more than one occasion, both show disturbingly poor attitudes to those who pay for membership, both pay little heed to what is asked for, both pay little attention to what is actually happening, such is their arrogance, and general demeanour. But of course while mugs keep paying them, they can afford to be like this can’t they.

I for one will not be renewing my paying membership such is the awful service I have seen and experienced.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Re: IS CC only about taping over old betamax cassetes?

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:30 am

Fruitcake wrote:I for one will not be renewing my paying membership such is the awful service I have seen and experienced.

yet you cling to your betamax tapes and player!!! wow, that joke is going to break down among the age groups, isn't it?-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: IS CC only about getting rid of old betamax

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:32 am

owenshooter wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:I for one will not be renewing my paying membership such is the awful service I have seen and experienced.

yet you cling to your betamax tapes and player!!! wow, that joke is going to break down among the age groups, isn't it?-0

I did actually dispose of betamax owen....last week, as well you know.
Last edited by Fruitcake on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:33 am

Fruitcake wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I did actually dispose of betamax owen....last week as well you know.

stop making me feel young....
sigh...i need a coke
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Rainman23 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:54 am

I see no reason why mods couldnt do a name change as most of the games I play its quite easy and undemanding...
Corporal 1st Class Rainman23

Postby FabledIntegral on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 am

hulmey wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:

I agree, but when you sign up that isnt in your mind. YOu dont know your username is set for LIFE. Also, they can change username's and have done so for people on rare occasions. They just dont want to do it becuase there may be an influx of people doing it then. Maybe they could come up with a rule that you can only do it once during your time at CC. Otherwise people will just make multi's and do it anyway!!!!

Doesn't matter "what you have in mind" when you sign up. You could have in mind that the dice are hardly going to fluctuate whatsoever and will generally be completely fair. Does that mean it's going to happen?

Sure they can make it possible - but they haven't implemented it yet nor have they set the precedent. Thus, you have nothing to argue.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:30 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I did actually dispose of betamax owen....last week as well you know.

stop making me feel young....
sigh...i need a coke

But...you are young...
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:49 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:
hulmey wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:

Doesn't matter "what you have in mind" when you sign up. You could have in mind that the dice are hardly going to fluctuate whatsoever and will generally be completely fair. Does that mean it's going to happen?

Sure they can make it possible - but they haven't implemented it yet nor have they set the precedent. Thus, you have nothing to argue.

They have set a precedent. They allowed Hermanngoering to change his name after someone complained about it...........

So theres your answer Hulmey, get a load of people to complain about your name............
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:58 pm

If you try and say Humley whilst taking a bite of of a peach, It sounds like a SUV that does really shitty milage.
Bearing in mind how these vehicles are single handedly causing polar bear numbers to fall alarmingly - I think it should be changed because I find it offensive
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby jiminski on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Hulmey should be made to change his name for this obscenity alone:

Hulmey Finds Out

heinous!
Captain jiminski

Postby hulmey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:19 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:
hulmey wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:

You take 1 sentence and twist it. I have plenty to argue becuase i could create a multi and then pay $25 and get my name changed!! I'd prefer not to do that though ;)
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby lancehoch on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 am

Locked. hulmey, or whatever your username is, Twill asked you to discuss this matter with him in private, that means PM him, not make another thread about it.
Twill wrote:As to your name change request - ... but all we'll tell you is nope, we can't do it for several reasons and I'd be happy to talk with you about that some other time and in another place.
Send him a PM if you would like to continue with this request, otherwise be prepared to receive a PM warning for spamming the forum.
Sergeant lancehoch

Return to Conquer Club Discussion