Conquer Club

Ways of defeating Australia on the classic map

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Ways of defeating Australia on the classic map

Postby Mr Changsha on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:51 am

Armandolas wrote:hi every one
I agree that oz is a very important factor to win the game..but like some 1 said SA is too.
If u play with less experienced players maybe u will be allow to build a overwhelming army from OZ, but if u playing a 6 player game, probably there will be 2 conti hoders and 4 roamers.Roamers tend to commit a mistake on fighting eachother..that will lead to an end..and victory to 1 of those 2 conti holders.
Another thing ive read, is people winning the game by conquering EU, well i find it very hard to do...im tottaly positive i wouldnt tolerate u would take that conti...now one ever should.

Then comes a major part of the game DICE!!!

Too true Armandolas - mine are absolutely stinking at the moment. For all the importance of strategy, Risk is a dice-dependent game.

You are quite right about the SA/Aussie holders and four roamers. However, the experienced player can get into Europe and as I wrote before, Europe is the key to defeating Australia. You know that if a six player game enters into the end game with South America and Australia dominant the money should always be on Australia. The ability to strike out at SA whle SA is often unable to break Australia can be telling.

This is of course very much dependent on playing style. For example I would prefer to play in North Asia and just wait and see than get into Africa. However, I am quite comfortable with playing in Europe. As this is the strategy forum I'll tell you all one of mine...

The key to holding Europe is judging the moment when it is preferable to the other players for you to have it.

Make of that what you will!
Colonel Mr Changsha

Re: Ways of defeating Australia on the classic map

Postby Jeff Hardy on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:Let us also assume that the fortifications might either be adjacent, chained or unlimited

:lol: :lol: :lol:
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion