Conquer Club

Making private games for non-premium members

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Making private games for non-premium members

Postby gdeangel on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:04 pm

So I believe it used to be possible for a premium player to make a game with a pw, have a non-premium person join, and then the premium "game maker" would drop, leaving the freemium to play red, and the password in tact. In fact, I was under the impression that Freemium Forces used this tactic to employ a "game maker" routinely to set up their clan games. I just tried to do this with on of the freemium players in my clan for an intra-clan match, and as soon as I dropped the game, it was apparently deleted.

Can someone explain what's up with that?

Thanks,
GD
Sergeant gdeangel

Re: Making private games for non-premium members

Postby Natali on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:26 pm

gdeangel wrote: In fact, I was under the impression that Freemium Forces used this tactic to employ a "game maker" routinely to set up their clan games.
GD

Well, the fact is that we tried to organise intra-clan tournament using this strategy but it failed. If I'm not mistaken, when a premium member creates private game it will disappear in two cases: a) when it expires (don't know the deadline), or b) when only freemium members remain in the game and all premium members drop.

If I'm wrong somebody correct me.
Personal Best: Major - 2232
Captain Natali

Location: Zagreb, near one of the largest cementeries in Europe (Mirogoj)

Postby saraith on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Natali wrote:Well, the fact is that we tried to organise intra-clan tournament using this strategy but it failed. If I'm not mistaken, when a premium member creates private game it will disappear in two cases: a) when it expires (don't know the deadline), or b) when only freemium members remain in the game and all premium members drop.

Perhaps there could be something in place that lets Freemium officers, (Lt.+) to start Private games, and Flag officers (Brig.+) to play speed games.
Just a thought
To achieve balance, first you must grow.
To grow, first you must learn.
To learn, first you must listen.
To listen, first you must shut the hell up.
-Buddhist saying
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Postby hecter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 pm

I think that would REALLY encourage cheating... I think you just shouldn't be cheapskates and shell out the 25 bucks a year...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Timminz on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 pm

You know how McDonald's had "Smiles" on their menu (not sure if they still do), for a price of "Free"? This thread makes me think of going to the manager of my local McD's and asking if they could throw a free Big Mac in with my smile, but only if I weigh over 300 pounds.
Captain Timminz

Postby gdeangel on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:13 pm

The point is for it to be used as a clan tool. Not the same as being a cheapskate. Noone is complaining that freemium are allowed to join password protected tournament games. It's the same idea.

I remember freemium forces had a thread asking for a "game maker". So then that never worked, or did it just stop working recently? And what to do you for clan wars - who makes the home games then?
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm pretty sure games have always deleted if they were private and all the premium players then dropped out. I don't think it has ever worked the other way, at least not to my knowledge.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby lancehoch on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Can someone try to replicate the situation and see if that is a possibility?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:16 pm

lancehoch wrote:Can someone try to replicate the situation and see if that is a possibility?

I already know it isn't a possibility to have a freemium keep a private game open. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:17 pm

gdeangel wrote:The point is for it to be used as a clan tool. Not the same as being a cheapskate. Noone is complaining that freemium are allowed to join password protected tournament games. It's the same idea.

I remember freemium forces had a thread asking for a "game maker". So then that never worked, or did it just stop working recently? And what to do you for clan wars - who makes the home games then?

When Generation One had a clan war with Freemium Forces they sent us their settings and we made the games for them. It wasn't that difficult really, just an extra step along the way.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby gdeangel on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
gdeangel wrote:The point is for it to be used as a clan tool. Not the same as being a cheapskate. Noone is complaining that freemium are allowed to join password protected tournament games. It's the same idea.

When Generation One had a clan war with Freemium Forces they sent us their settings and we made the games for them. It wasn't that difficult really, just an extra step along the way.

I see... thanks
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:07 pm

instead of all the extra times freemiums use trying to get around the rules and limitations to freemium accounts, why don't they go cut a few lawns? that way, they could earn the $25, and not have to worry about skirting the rules of the site!! win/win situation. they get premium, a neighbour gets a fresh lawn... and, as stated above, if only freemiums remain in a password game, it vanishes.-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion