Conquer Club

I need a Pro's opinion...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Which option would you choose?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 am

Total votes : 0

I need a Pro's opinion...

Postby Elliott Spook on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:09 am

Here's the situation:

You have 3 cards to trade in for maximum armies. You own 2 out of 3 of those territories. The third card of your trade-in is directly adjacent to one of your territories. It's in Round 4 and you're not directly threatened at the moment. Do you:

A - Trade your cards in and accept the 2 terrotory bonuses
or
B - Take the third terrotory and cash in your cards the following turn for maximum benefit.

B sounds good, but there's always the risk of someone attacking unexpectedly, and I know how pro's always seem to do things fast, so I'm stuck with this one...
Captain Elliott Spook

Postby Rednaxela on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:31 am

Im no pro but it would depend if the cards were escalating or flat rate.
If flat rate I reckon i would cash them in this round.
If escalating I "might" take the gamble and wait another round depending on opponents strength etc.

The old saying 1 bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush comes into play on that one.
Live By the Sword Image Die By the Sword
Private Rednaxela

Postby wfd336 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:37 am

Choice B.

Protect yourself well, and you will achieve the maximum benefit. Sounds like you are playing a flat rate game. If this was escalating, I would say wait until someone else trade's in first.

Enjoy your 16 army bonus.
Private wfd336

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:24 am

B

you stated you are not threatened.
so in flat-rate if peeps used cards before you, you dont run a large risk.

you could get great gains, so collect up on cards, thats the safest for you too!

if you collect cards till you have 5 and not suffered anybody else using their cards against you, you have a good chance of a huge army in 1 more turn of playing (due to 2 sets ; one after the other) it has a HUGE impact
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby sully800 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:43 am

I agree with most of the posters so far- If you aren't threatened then you should probably wait.

Here's another thing to consider about while cashing during flat rate games: Unless you need to (or you're very strong), I would NEVER cash in with 3 cards. If you do that then everyone else knows that you won't have a set for at least 2 more turns and if they take away any of your bonuses you will be helpless. In fact, from the other view point, if you've been thinking about breaking somebody's continent wait until they only have 1 or 2 cards and can't gain it back right away!

On the other hand, if you cash in when you have 5 cards then you will have 3 at the beginning of your next turn which gives you a shot at back to back sets. That can be a HUGE deal in flat rate games if you are trying to take out an opponent or hold that special continent with the large bonus.

So basically, I would suggest waiting since you aren't threatened but of course every move depends on the exact situation you are in (everything I have described wouldn't apply if you are in danger of being taken out- then cash right away no matter what!)
Major sully800

Postby Ultimight on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 pm

Just to add something. If you think you can cash in on your turn and take someone out who has a few cards, then obviously, don't wait.
Lieutenant Ultimight

Postby Machiavelli on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:35 pm

Yeah, in the majority of my wins I have eliminated more than one person in the final round.
Sergeant Machiavelli

Postby minihaymanz on Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:13 am

No, do not cash in the set. Again, wait 1 round to cash it in, maybe 2.
If you need the set to take a contient, the just play passively for one round, take the one territory, defend it, then next round you'll *HOPEFULLY* have a mixed set. Whip it out and go after them...if you have a +4 set or +6 set, wait another turn and hope to god you get a mixed set...
Captain minihaymanz

Return to Conquer Club Discussion