Conquer Club

The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I want these feature(s) most:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Postby RjBeals on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:55 am

wcaclimbing wrote:
captainwalrus wrote:
RjBeals wrote:allow us to make bigger maps (dimensions).

I agree!

I agree also!

True... this suggeestion is not an update, and would not mean any more work for Lack. He bascially just has to say "okay". It would be huge for this site... World 3.0.
Private RjBeals

Postby darkangelsguy205 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 am

keep the freestule loop hole its no fun play speed freestule in speed
Sergeant darkangelsguy205

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:05 am

howielong wrote:
Stroop wrote:
danfrank wrote:well this suggestion is not on the list but just a thought. Since i am thinking you will be perusing this thread then i will post it. Although i am not a fan of classic art and shapes, it appears that the game play is allowed less the risk ( image ) . So my thoughts on making a classic map with an image would be to view the map from a different view. With the western hemisphere being located on the left side of the screen and the right on the right. THE NEW MAP would have The americas in the center of the screen and then working the image from there. or something to that matter. :-s

You should take a look here.

so how the f*ck is this even remotely close to the classic map?

your idea sucks dude.

If you will take 2 seconds to look at where the army circles are compared to classic shapes. You will find they are nearly in the same spots. Sure North America and South America are on the right and not the left but the game play looks the same.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:53 am

howielong wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:In terms of account sitting, when I played Travian, you could designate account sitters by typing their username into an area on your control panel. This person could then log into your account using their password. I don't know if this idea has been suggested, but it sounds like a good idea and worked fine when I played travian. Also, the sitter had limited access, so depending on the restrictiveness, I would assume probably no posting in the forums on the account you are sitting.

Just what I saw on other sites that seem to work.

i dont care what the little penguin says. the fact that you have that there is idiotic.

get a new sig.

How is this a bad idea? the poll clearly says a designated account sitter so you don't have to give out your pw. This idea allows you to designate an account sitter who uses their password, not yours. I think it's a valid idea.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Kotaro on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:03 am

For the next big update, I'd like to not lag for 12 minutes trying to bombard on Waterloo.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Big Whiskey on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 am

I like Blitz's ideas on the new medals.2nd-Initial army placement- Does this means we can place our own troops?
If it does,then that would be great.If not,is there anyway this could be done?It would eliminate the old saying "What a horrible drop".You would be in control of your placement of troops on the map.Also,get rid of the double turns.
General Big Whiskey

Postby TaCktiX on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm

I think that while those features are all well and good, an XML update is just what the doctor ordered. Map variety is getting rather...lacking, and some new code to mess with would liven things up right nicely.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby brian fletcher on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:05 pm

fix double turns
Lieutenant brian fletcher
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:24 pm

I voted in favour of the "Attack details in game log" because I would love to see a replay feature. However, one other feature intrigues me. What exactly is meant here by "initial army placement"? I went to Lack's To-do list, but the topic link there seems broken.

I presume we will not get to choose our own starting territories, since some maps require specific starting positions. So, I guess the system will choose the starting positions, but will only put one troop on each spot, and then the players would get to decide how many more from their initial allotment to put on each spot. But what are the mechanics of this step?

• One troop per player in sequence? (Wouldn't that take a terribly long time?)
  • One shot by a player to put as many as troops as desired on a spot, with no going back, again in sequence?
  • Some other sort of sequential procedure that I have not imagined?
  • Some sort of freestyle placement? (If so, let's get very clear about who goes first after this is done. We don't want another squabble about double turns.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby keyborn on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:37 pm

More Battle Royales would be great, but I have another suggestion, and maybe this has already been suggested?? How about giving the group or clan mods the ability to set up four or five private Battle Royales per year to be played by members of their clans or group only. They could perhaps just be standard games with 20 slots or so. I'm sure that many clans would be interested in something like this, and could even use them for internal clan or group champions.etc.
Brigadier keyborn

Postby sully800 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 pm

I picked 3 and they were by far the 3 least popular. :( And where's adjacent attacks?? haha

Also, for those of you who suggested 10 or 12 player games - I don't expect those will ever happen, because finding adequate colors would be way too hard. Coming up with 9 suitable colors that most people can easily differentiate was hard enough, but 11 or 13 total colors is too many. We'd all be playing with color codes on :-(
Major sully800

Postby ender516 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Maybe it is just my aging eyeballs, or the resolution of my screen, but I'm not colour blind but still always use the colour codes.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Timminz on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:23 pm

sully800 wrote:And where's adjacent attacks?? haha

Yeah. And 'No Forts'? :lol:

But seriously. 1v1 team games. Hands-down the best, new, strategic option available, and it's a natural extension from what is already available.
Captain Timminz

Postby rabbiton on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Timminz wrote:

But seriously. 1v1 team games. Hands-down the best, new, strategic option available, and it's a natural extension from what is already available.

1v1 team games. easily the best idea i've heard for the site for a long time.
Field Marshal rabbiton

Postby Timminz on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:38 pm

rabbiton wrote:
Timminz wrote:

I know! Right?

Team games without having to worry about miscommunication, or disagreements amongst team mates.

1v1 games that rely much more heavily on strategy that the current version.

What's not to love?
Captain Timminz

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:05 am

ender516 wrote: What exactly is meant here by "initial army placement"?

There's a suggestion for it somewhere in S&B's.

The original versions of Risk had players alternate selecting their starting territories, rather than deal out cards like the newer versions have (and which CC mimics by random placements) - although deal-cards-for-initial-placements was an option in those games. In 24-hour games, using turns to place armies would make games longer, but also takes out a little of the "luck of the draw" of the random-drop version.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:48 am

Kotaro wrote:For the next big update, I'd like to not lag for 12 minutes trying to bombard on Waterloo.

get decent internet :roll:

sully800 wrote:I picked 3 and they were by far the 3 least popular. :( And where's adjacent attacks?? haha

Also, for those of you who suggested 10 or 12 player games - I don't expect those will ever happen, because finding adequate colors would be way too hard. Coming up with 9 suitable colors that most people can easily differentiate was hard enough, but 11 or 13 total colors is too many. We'd all be playing with color codes on :-(

and surely if colours are the only thing stopping this...bit silly
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:58 am

Timminz wrote:
rabbiton wrote:
Timminz wrote:

I know! Right?

Team games without having to worry about miscommunication, or disagreements amongst team mates.

1v1 games that rely much more heavily on strategy that the current version.

What's not to love?

I await the arrival!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Master Fenrir on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 am

sully800 wrote:We'd all be playing with color codes on :-(

In 8 player, I play with color code anyway. For some reason, when Silver and Green are adjacent, it's sometimes hard for me to tell them apart.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Teflon Kris on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:49 am

Would really love to see:

XML change so that starting positions can be set according to number of players (would really help enable really interesting gameplay for new maps - often compromises to gameplay take place due to making allowances to cover all game types - this would be a great solution).

I agree with the medal for winning the clan league.

Also, diamond and platinum medals - especially for cross-map (e.g. 90 & 120 maps ranked).

Game Labels Visible on Private Games and game creators not automatically entered - this would make the job of creating private tournament games (such as Clan games) so much easier (currently a proper headache lol).

More 'Contests' (what happened to them?) - it seemed to be a one-weekend-only affair where various players got a medal for being on-line that weekend (more-or-less).
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 am

Woodruff wrote:I know you didn't ask about these, but there are a lot of "seemingly easy fixes" from the to-do list that could be accomplished rather than one big thing?

I say that while recognizing that just because one of us may think it looks like an easy fix doesn't necessarily mean that it IS.

I know with time management, sometimes getting rid of a lot of little tasks is a better thing than knocking out one big task.

(Just a thought...)

I concur.

One example would be to average the individual ratings for each person, rather than having the new rating supercede all previous ratings that person has given (then the overal rating would be an overall average, exactly like now).

This would go a long way to fixing people's gripes on the ratings, without a huge hassle (I believe).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:19 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I know you didn't ask about these, but there are a lot of "seemingly easy fixes" from the to-do list that could be accomplished rather than one big thing?

I say that while recognizing that just because one of us may think it looks like an easy fix doesn't necessarily mean that it IS.

I know with time management, sometimes getting rid of a lot of little tasks is a better thing than knocking out one big task.

(Just a thought...)

I concur.

One example would be to average the individual ratings for each person, rather than having the new rating supercede all previous ratings that person has given (then the overal rating would be an overall average, exactly like now).

This would go a long way to fixing people's gripes on the ratings, without a huge hassle (I believe).

I think Lack is looking first for a bigger update than a couple of smaller ones---since over the last few months most of his updates have been small. It's a cycle. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jammyjames on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:29 am

the double turn loophole, is simple to fix, just dont play freestyle, silly update, battle royales or initial deployment would be the best... but looking at an earlier page, i think 1 vs 1 team games would be an awesome feature. but still with double the points, makes it a bigger risk that way.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:38 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

(Just a thought...)

I concur.

I think Lack is looking first for a bigger update than a couple of smaller ones---since over the last few months most of his updates have been small. It's a cycle. :)

--Andy

I remember reading a post about 2 months ago about a huge update but I think the only new thing I saw was the ability to send invites out to players. So are we asking for feedback about the big update or is this in addition to the big update still to come ?
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby sinctheassasin on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 pm

I for one , would like to see some sort of chat like gmail or facebook, where you can instantly start a chat with any player that is online... It would be nice not to have to pm people for the chatroom, and having to constantly switch windows to talk...

Just an idea, it would be much more efficient that way...
Woop Woop, i love conquer club, why'd i leave for a year?
Who LIkes finishing what they started? :D
Corporal sinctheassasin

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion