Conquer Club

The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I want these feature(s) most:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:48 am

jwithington wrote:one of the things i love about CC is the random placement of armies, so i hope if the initial thing goes through, we will be able to chose one or the other.

thanks!

Indeed, there would likely be an option to select your drop, or just go with the random initial placement.

=======

I think I'm most in favor of Initial Army Placement for the update or part of it...though an Account Sitting Feature and Clickable Maps are probably more of a "Must".

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby hwhrhett on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:02 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
jwithington wrote:one of the things i love about CC is the random placement of armies, so i hope if the initial thing goes through, we will be able to chose one or the other.

thanks!

Indeed, there would likely be an option to select your drop, or just go with the random initial placement.

=======

I think I'm most in favor of Initial Army Placement for the update or part of it...though an Account Sitting Feature and Clickable Maps are probably more of a "Must".

--Andy

clickable maps shouldnt be a must, since it can already be achieved with an add-on.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 am

But I think it is logical sense to extend many addons into site-wide features for ease of everyone's use. This is what we did with many old Greasemonkey Features, and will probably continue to do.

--Andy

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 am

I actually prefer the drop-down menus over clickable maps.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am

MeDeFe wrote:I actually prefer the drop-down menus over clickable maps.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think clickable maps would be an Game Setting you could choose via your Personal Menu. But don't hold me too it, I'm not entirely sure what Lack has planned in his shell.

--Andy

Postby 72o on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
ender516 wrote: What exactly is meant here by "initial army placement"?

There's a suggestion for it somewhere in S&B's.

The original versions of Risk had players alternate selecting their starting territories, rather than deal out cards like the newer versions have (and which CC mimics by random placements) - although deal-cards-for-initial-placements was an option in those games. In 24-hour games, using turns to place armies would make games longer, but also takes out a little of the "luck of the draw" of the random-drop version.

Link to my suggestion post from a little while ago, to save searching.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=92596&p=2131304#p2131304
Sergeant 72o

Postby kratos644 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:I actually prefer the drop-down menus over clickable maps.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think clickable maps would be an Game Setting you could choose via your Personal Menu. But don't hold me too it, I'm not entirely sure what Lack has planned in his shell.

--Andy

Even with CM installed scroll down is still available. Granted I totally prefer clickies for many reasons. One being they help prevent mis drops/attacks/forts etc...
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby lackattack on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like Freestyle changes are most popular, and I really did not expect that. I've spent the afternoon going through all our forum topics on the subject and I plan to get cracking on it tomorrow! :D
Sergeant lackattack

Postby demonfork on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm

lackattack wrote:Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like Freestyle changes are most popular, and I really did not expect that. I've spent the afternoon going through all our forum topics on the subject and I plan to get cracking on it tomorrow! :D

This will ruin freestyle & basically turn it into sequential. Now, just like sequential, the advantage will truly go to the player that goes first. Don't say I didn't tell you so.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Haha, poor selection indeed. Initial army placement would have had a more positive effect on everybodies game. This just will benefit a small part of the community. Waste of a good update if you ask me.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:50 pm

lackattack wrote:Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like Freestyle changes are most popular, and I really did not expect that. I've spent the afternoon going through all our forum topics on the subject and I plan to get cracking on it tomorrow! :D

This is only for casual, right?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm

demonfork wrote:

This will ruin freestyle & basically turn it into sequential. Now, just like sequential, the advantage will truly go to the player that goes first. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Only if you live off the double turn.... Freestyle will be fine... Speed or Casual. Not much changes...
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:

This is only for casual, right?

I would hope both... I mean in Speed surely you can hit B right after the other person starts. If you really need to double turn to win you are a sad player..
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Only if you live off the double turn.... Freestyle will be fine... Speed or Casual. Not much changes...

Exactly why it is a waste of an update. Initial army placement would have been monumental and so many many player's opinions on this site went unaccounted for. Initial army placement is what this site has been missing from the beginning. Can't believe he made his final decision when they are only 4 votes apart. Hilarious.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby jpcloet on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Initial army placement is only a minor issue. If you allow people to pick, it will take weeks for a game to start in some cases.

Freestyle has been on the to-fix list for some time. Most players won't play it as it currently is.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 pm

King_Herpes wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

Exactly why it is a waste of an update. Initial army placement would have been monumental and so many many player's opinions on this site went unaccounted for. Initial army placement is what this site has been missing from the beginning. Can't believe he made his final decision when they are only 4 votes apart. Hilarious.

Don't ya think he will be fixing multiple things?
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

prismsaber wrote:The best way to fix freestyle would be to ban the clickable maps script altogether. The next best things are making it available to everyone and eliminating double turns. Regardless, any of these measures would probably bring many otherwise tactically inept noobs back to low-rank reality.

Freestyle was fine before CM and if it was to be banned(Which I am in favor of) It would be fine after it was gone. Since we are unlikely to see this happen, I guess the next best thing is to give it to everybody like you said.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 pm

jpcloet wrote:Initial army placement is only a minor issue. If you allow people to pick, it will take weeks for a game to start in some cases.

Freestyle has been on the to-fix list for some time. Most players won't play it as it currently is.

Most players are scared of freestyle as it is. It is not that they will not play it, they are just scared of the unknown.

P.S. Casual freestyle games require more time dedicated to them than a seq game, if you want to win on a decent basis.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

jpcloet wrote:Initial army placement is only a minor issue. If you allow people to pick, it will take weeks for a game to start in some cases.

A minor issue? Please, quit with the whole stand by lack's side routine. It is precisely the only thing missing from this site that has brought us all here in the first place. The game of Risk, the way it is meant to be played. Whether or not it is first in line is a whole separate issue. There are plenty of things in front of that suggestion so don't use that as some type of shield to completely belittle something as monstrous as getting to choose where we place our armies. Who gives a flying fudge if it takes days or even weeks to commence the game, it would be an option so that would be the players prerogative. C'mon jp, you actually enjoy your drops? It's like a third grader choosing for you...
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
King_Herpes wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

Nope. What has he said that would lead you to believe otherwise?
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby jpcloet on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm all for smarter drops. I just think that other items on and not on the list would affect more people. BR's of some new size being one of them.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Pffft, more battle royales of any size wouldn't take any serious coding to configure would it? It seems that that was just put up there for the oooh aaah gimme gimme factor. I'm talking about a serious change that would reinvent peoples strategies and love for the game.
Last edited by King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm

King_Herpes wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
King_Herpes wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

Nope. What has he said that would lead you to believe otherwise?

The fact he asked to vote for up to 3 items, leads me to believe he is gonna take the top 3 and try to fix them. You?
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Bruceswar wrote:The fact he asked to vote for up to 3 items, leads me to believe he is gonna take the top 3 and try to fix them. You?

That's just to break up the two closest votes so he can make a definite decision.

lackattack wrote:Now that I'm back from a my summer vacation, it's time to get back to some heavy duty programming... but what should I code :-k

I need your input - what major feature would you like to see next?

Now the fact that he used the word feature in it's singular form should lead everyone to believe that it's only going to be the one major update. Followed by a gazillion piddly ones like always. You?
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Night Strike on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Bruceswar wrote:The fact he asked to vote for up to 3 items, leads me to believe he is gonna take the top 3 and try to fix them. You?

I'm hoping all these suggestions are done and that this poll is just to give them a priority rank.

I find it ironic that the first two people to complain about the freestyle fix going first are two of those who frequently use the very same double turn people have complained about. Makes it sound like lack picked well. =D>
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion