Conquer Club

The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I want these feature(s) most:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Postby kratos644 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:34 pm

lackattack wrote:Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like Freestyle changes are most popular, and I really did not expect that. I've spent the afternoon going through all our forum topics on the subject and I plan to get cracking on it tomorrow! :D

Sigh. Attack details and Initial Army placement were the best "choose able" options.
Not as good as 1v1 team games woulda been though :roll:

As for the loophole. Eh that wasn't that big of a problem.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:The fact he asked to vote for up to 3 items, leads me to believe he is gonna take the top 3 and try to fix them. You?

I'm hoping all these suggestions are done and that this poll is just to give them a priority rank.

I find it ironic that the first two people to complain about the freestyle fix going first are two of those who frequently use the very same double turn people have complained about. Makes it sound like lack picked well. =D>

Sure, almost as ironic as the first two people to come gallivanting in to praise lacks little butt and curry favor are both moderators... I could care less about the new dt rule being "fixed" as so many of you prefer calling it. I'll always prevail under any of your new circumstances if I so choose to. So will demonfork for that matter, we're lyrical geniuses. It's just that if this is the only "major update", then that makes me want to shit the bed.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Night Strike on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:52 pm

King_Herpes wrote:I could care less about the new dt rule being "fixed" as so many of you prefer calling it. I'll always prevail under any of your new circumstances if I so choose to. So will demonfork for that matter, we're lyrical geniuses. It's just that if this is the only "major update", then that makes me want to shit the bed.

The phrase is "couldn't care less". ;) And I'm sure you and demonfork will always keep those high scores, especially higher than me. My previous post wasn't meant as a flame/bait, just an observation. And my hunch is that this won't be the only major update. Lack said he'll start working on it tomorrow, but the poll doesn't end for another 3.5 weeks. So maybe we'll get several of these installed as major updates. [-o<
Major Night Strike

Postby Incandenza on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

Well, let's just hope that the freestyle thing isn't the only item on lack's dance card, otherwise this thread could've been better titled "the next really freaking minor update".

While initial army placement would be interesting, I still think that team 1v1 games would really be the kick in the pants this site needs...
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 am

Night Strike wrote:The phrase is "couldn't care less". ;) And I'm sure you and demonfork will always keep those high scores, especially higher than me. My previous post wasn't meant as a flame/bait, just an observation. And my hunch is that this won't be the only major update. Lack said he'll start working on it tomorrow, but the poll doesn't end for another 3.5 weeks. So maybe we'll get several of these installed as major updates. [-o<

Sure would be nice to hear from the guy himself on the matter, so we're not all bumping into each other in the dark full of half empty hope and wonderment.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 am

Incandenza wrote:Well, let's just hope that the freestyle thing isn't the only item on lack's dance card, otherwise this thread could've been better titled "the next really freaking minor update".

While initial army placement would be interesting, I still think that team 1v1 games would really be the kick in the pants this site needs...

100% agree
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby karelpietertje on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 am

I voted for this and the CM option, because this will fix 2 of the reasons why people don't play freestyle.
Herpes and demonfork, the double turn loophole is also one of the main reasons why people don't acknowledge the skill of us highranked freestyle players, so I don't understand why you don't want it fixed :?
Major karelpietertje

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:21 am

karelpietertje wrote:I voted for this and the CM option, because this will fix 2 of the reasons why people don't play freestyle.
Herpes and demonfork, the double turn loophole is also one of the main reasons why people don't acknowledge the skill of us highranked freestyle players, so I don't understand why you don't want it fixed :?

Kids these days.

Simply because unlike most, I don't grovel around in other person's acknowledgments all of my life. I know my capabilities when it comes to this game on any setting. And about freestyle, I never had a problem with it so why should anybody else have trouble figuring out how to excel at it? It was never broken to begin with, just a long line of butt hurt customers who couldn't figure it out for the life of them complained about it. I couldn'tcare less if it's "fixed". I thought I already stated that.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby yeti_c on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 am

Hmmm - freestyle double turn = Bug fix...

Not Update?

I was hoping for the top 3 to be done...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lackattack on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 am

A bit more about the meaning of this poll:

These 5 choices were the "major feature" items on my to-do list that I intended to get done this year. Now I can take into account their popularity as well as the amount of work to decide their priority. So I think the Freestyle change would be best to take care of first - biggest bang-for-the-buck.

Maybe the others will follow quickly or maybe I'll get bogged down with server or community issues, or maybe I'll change my mind and pick other suggestions, nothing is set in stone. But you should expect to see more of these choices become reality in the medium-term.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby lackattack on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:07 am

jpcloet wrote:Initial army placement is only a minor issue. If you allow people to pick, it will take weeks for a game to start in some cases.

Actually, there are a few suggestions out there for quick methods to deploy initial armies :)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 am

Still only a minor issue, but I do understand that there are several quick solutions.

If you want to grow the site, having 1v1 team games in conjunction with a ladder and/or separate scoreboard would be something I'd invest the time thinking about. Both LOD and Medal Heads have done ladders with success.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Kotaro on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:18 pm

To make and maintain a nonautomated ladder, like Medal Heads did, you'd have to have a group of dedicated users to update it. If the mods were incharge of this, we'd see constant "this isn't a job, I volunteer, I can put less effort", and to let users do it, is to give them powers, which is the bs excuse that changed Feedback to Ratings.

I don't see it happening.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby jpcloet on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:30 pm

I meant automated, lack is talking about programming, so an automated ladder system was the suggestion. Manually doing is a ladder is way too much work, that is why LOD (now AoD) does not have a ladder anymore. Yahoo has a good ladder system for those that would like to research ladder systems.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Ragnarok11 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 pm

I hope he puts clickable maps into the game
Captain Ragnarok11

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 pm

King_Herpes wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:The fact he asked to vote for up to 3 items, leads me to believe he is gonna take the top 3 and try to fix them. You?

I'm hoping all these suggestions are done and that this poll is just to give them a priority rank.

I find it ironic that the first two people to complain about the freestyle fix going first are two of those who frequently use the very same double turn people have complained about. Makes it sound like lack picked well. =D>

Sure, almost as ironic as the first two people to come gallivanting in to praise lacks little butt and curry favor are both moderators... I could care less about the new dt rule being "fixed" as so many of you prefer calling it. I'll always prevail under any of your new circumstances if I so choose to. So will demonfork for that matter, we're lyrical geniuses. It's just that if this is the only "major update", then that makes me want to shit the bed.
I disagree.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby 4V4T4R on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm

infected neutrals.
enough said.
Private 4V4T4R

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:46 pm

Warn people when they are going to join games against Foes.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 am

I want my pets to be able to iron and cook.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby edbeard on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 am

single player team games (one person controls a whole team) would actually cause me to come back and play some games. other than that. meh.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby bleutofu on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:41 pm

edbeard wrote:single player team games (one person controls a whole team) would actually cause me to come back and play some games. other than that. meh.

As in 1 person could control a whole team and multiple players controlling the other team?
Other than that, I don't find much point in implementing this.
Captain bleutofu

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:43 pm

bleutofu wrote:
edbeard wrote:single player team games (one person controls a whole team) would actually cause me to come back and play some games. other than that. meh.

As in 1 person could control a whole team and multiple players controlling the other team?

Um, no: it would be 1 player control all of team 1, but showing as two through four colors; another player controlling team 2, but showing two through four colors; etc.

I find a huge point in implementing this.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby FireStar on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:16 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
bleutofu wrote:

Um, no: it would be 1 player control all of team 1, but showing as two through four colors; another player controlling team 2, but showing two through four colors; etc.

I find a huge point in implementing this.

possibly... I think there would be one or two things I would like to see before this though... team assassin would be higher on my list for starters
Lieutenant FireStar

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 am

neanderpaul14 wrote:Warn people when they are going to join games against Foes.

I like this one. And I don't write code, but it sounds like something that would be easy to add in. I could be wrong.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby veronius on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Allow players to make some notes about games that appear on the player`s list of games (i.e. the list that lets you Ènter Games`) - this would help players with many active games to keep each game separate and to remember things like alliances, etc. Easier than the `note to self`which requires you to enter the game to make any notes.
Lieutenant veronius

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion