strike wolf's next mafia?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

which do you prefer

Poll ended at Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 am

Actor mafia
73%
Rock n roll mafia
27%

Total votes : 15

Re: strike wolf's next mafia?

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am

strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:What about Dexter II?

Dexter Season 2 is a bit further off at this point. I'm really taking my time with it to get character flavor right (yeah I know it would be really easy to make 5 cops with various sanities and balance the evil guys accordingly but where's the fun in that? Besides if I included my version of a drunk cop I'm pretty sure everyone would call me a bastard mod) but at the same time make it so it isn't overly flavor dependent. So unless I get some inspiration to do it before Actors Mafia, I would say expect it some time after Actors Mafia but before the end of the year. It will give people some time to watch the show anyways. :lol:

Cool, it is a pity I wasn't more familiar with the series when the first game happened, maybe I would've picked up on the serial killer slashing style and revised my claim. Halfway through season 5 now and loving it :D

Very intrigued about your idea of drunk cop, I have been contemplating doing a mafia based on The Wire and a 'drunk cop' character would be very fitting for that show, if you think they get drunk in Dexter all too often you should watch The Wire :lol:
Captain nagerous

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 am

nagerous wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Dexter Season 2 is a bit further off at this point. I'm really taking my time with it to get character flavor right (yeah I know it would be really easy to make 5 cops with various sanities and balance the evil guys accordingly but where's the fun in that? Besides if I included my version of a drunk cop I'm pretty sure everyone would call me a bastard mod) but at the same time make it so it isn't overly flavor dependent. So unless I get some inspiration to do it before Actors Mafia, I would say expect it some time after Actors Mafia but before the end of the year. It will give people some time to watch the show anyways. :lol:

Cool, it is a pity I wasn't more familiar with the series when the first game happened, maybe I would've picked up on the serial killer slashing style and revised my claim. Halfway through season 5 now and loving it :D

Very intrigued about your idea of drunk cop, I have been contemplating doing a mafia based on The Wire and a 'drunk cop' character would be very fitting for that show, if you think they get drunk in Dexter all too often you should watch The Wire :lol:

My original interpretation was a cop with completely random results...think of the chaos. Not all of them. Just one in particular. I think you know which one based on seeing the series. Not likely to include drunk cop in this game so I don't count this as a spoiler.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

I was thinking about it, but I couldn't really think who it is. If you're referring to season II, Angel and Vince like to go out and drink a lot but they've never really seemed to be drunk on the job like McNulty in the wire. Doakes goes a bit psycho renegade as well in season II but I can't really remember him drinking excessively. Do you mean Ramon maybe in season III? He would probably be the best example of a real drunk cop.
Captain nagerous

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 am

nagerous wrote:I was thinking about it, but I couldn't really think who it is. If you're referring to season II, Angel and Vince like to go out and drink a lot but they've never really seemed to be drunk on the job like McNulty in the wire. Doakes goes a bit psycho renegade as well in season II but I can't really remember him drinking excessively. Do you mean Ramon maybe in season III? He would probably be the best example of a real drunk cop.

Well it's heavily implied throughout the series that Angel has a bit of an alcohol problem. It doesn't fit flavor perfectly which is another reason I don't want to go that route and have now definitively made it unrealistic to go that route now anyways by saying this.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 am

What, so I can win it again? =P

-Tails
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

What, so I can win it again? =P

-Tails

You Killed Dexter! :( :cry:
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fircoal on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:I prefer the latter because I know musicians more than actors. However since it's only hall of fame, it doesn't really mesh well with my hipster tendencies. *puts on Panama*

I'm trying to imagine Fircoal as a hipster, but him wearing a pokemon hat keep popping into my head instead.

I'm not a full hipster. Just a Internet Pokemon nerd with hipsterish tendencies!
ImageImageVote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Captain Fircoal

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 am

I've almost finalized the roles for this. I'm just doing one last balance check and then will probably wait a week or so before opening sign ups.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 am

Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

I'd be happy to help.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:31 pm

nagerous wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

I'd be happy to help.

Cool. I sent you a rough draft of the roles I have right now.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:36 pm

been reworking the balance on Dexter Mafia Season 2 and I think I'm finally about ready to get it started. Mostly waiting (or hoping) for other games to clear out first.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Ya, there always seems to be an abundance of games...however, being a more veteran player, I'm sure your game would fill up quite quickly. Now if someone like me were to try to fill a game... :?
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Postby vodean on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 pm

i think that this is actually the lowest number of active game threads since my return to the site...
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions