bias in mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: bias in mafia

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 pm

zimmah wrote:
Rodion wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Haha love this thread, some beltors in here.

I'd like to add:

Effort Bias: If someone prevents long winded defensive posts then they are less likely to be voted as it requires too much effort to lynch them.

For some reason, when some players lock their votes on me (Strike, for instance), I die. There is no ammount of effort or logic I can conjure to avoid that. It's really frustrating. :cry:

Sheep bias: whenever one player votes for another player, a lot of players tend to join the bandwagon no matter what kind of defense you pull off.

This is tied to the experience and perceived credibility of the player bringing the case about.
Captain safariguy5

Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: bias in mafia

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:03 am

pmchugh wrote:I guess the friend thing can work different ways. When you are mafia for instance, some people are more inclined to kill their friends for a laugh where as others would want to keep them in the game.

I personally try to keep my friends around. ALthough trolling is fun. ;3

Also adding:

The Silleh Bais: Players who are often silleh are often taken less seriously than those that play very seriously.

Once A Lurker Bais: If you have a reputation for being a lurker, you're always gonna be suspected of being one. x3
ImageImageVote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Captain Fircoal

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to Mafia Discussions