Conquer Club

Request

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Request

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Can someone put a game into signups?

Even a quick C9 if you don't have anything planned. I think it is important to always have some games for n00bs to join, and some smaller games that will churn quickly.

Perhaps we could start a group, ensuring that there is always at least 1 small game in sign-ups or day 1. I mean, come up with a list and everyone takes turns.

There are a few games out there
1) thegeneral's mafia is small and seems like a blast, but may be daunting to newer players
2)everywhere's mafia is large and has taken quite some time to fill.

Of the 9 games in action, 5 are day 4 or further, and 3 are on day/night 3. This means that they are mostly closing up, so I am sure there is enough dead players between all the games to warrant an extra game in signups.

This is quite the opposite problem of what we had a month ago.

I must point out that I don't actually plan on joining any of the games, I just think they should be there.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Request

Postby Leitz on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I've got a C9 setup game ready (according to me) to be made, but I haven't completed 2 games yet so I can't mod it..
My tournament series: Leitz League of Legendary (LLL)
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Perhaps you could find somebody to co-mod with who has completed 2 games.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:49 pm

How strict is the rule for modding more than 1 game at once? I am sure a couple of us could mod a c9 in our sleep. Or 2 players that are already modding, could they team up and co-mod?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:How strict is the rule for modding more than 1 game at once? I am sure a couple of us could mod a c9 in our sleep. Or 2 players that are already modding, could they team up and co-mod?

I am pretty sure that a comodded game only counts as half a game for the purposes of the rule.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:31 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:How strict is the rule for modding more than 1 game at once? I am sure a couple of us could mod a c9 in our sleep. Or 2 players that are already modding, could they team up and co-mod?

I am pretty sure that a comodded game only counts as half a game for the purposes of the rule.

As I recall, comodded games don't count against your modding count. Because I've definitely comodded like 2 games while still running one game by myself.

I'm a little busy still with my game count and modding duties right now, when a few games finish up, I was kicking around reviving the Matrix Mafia idea.
Captain safariguy5

Postby soundman on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm working on a new game for when mine finishes. It's not a C9 but it shouldn't be a complicated one either.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:21 pm

I have one in the works, and have someone looking at it for balancing issues, but haven't heard back from them yet.

As soon as I get some news back I will probably put it up for sign-up, but not start it until my other game finishes. Which should be shortly.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Crisis averted - thanks to Dazza. I am glad there are so many upcoming games. I think a game being upcoming gives mods more time to think and makes the game better.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Since it seems that I have renewed some of the interest for the mafia forums, I may just end up hosting another game, but we'll see. I will probably see if I can revive the Unknown Mafia first, tho.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby drake_259 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:32 am

I have hosted a simple c9 game back when i was playing here in 09, i can easily mod a few c9 games for ya to keep roleing in new players so they can have somewhere to start.

Thats if no one has any objections.
Corporal drake_259

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm

drake_259 wrote:I have hosted a simple c9 game back when i was playing here in 09, i can easily mod a few c9 games for ya to keep roleing in new players so they can have somewhere to start.

Thats if no one has any objections.

No objections here drake, although if you want to run a few more complicated games, I would also give the green light.
Captain safariguy5

Return to Mafia Discussions