Conquer Club

Mafia Game Convenience

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia Game Convenience

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 pm

This thread is about what a mod can do to make his/her game more convenient and fun to play for the players. It is not meant to be a strict set of rules that each mod has to follow, but rather a guide as to what a mod can do to make his/her more enjoyable for the players.

As I get more input I will update the OP, but for now I'll just post my thoughts:

-Put ++ tags on your game's thread title during sign-ups.
-Show how many players are signed-up and how many players the game is likely to have
-Randomize which roles go to which players
-Maintain a list of players who are currently alive in the OP
-Maintain a list of currently dead players in the OP, including their role and when and how they died
-Maintain a list of players willing to replace
-Maintain an accurate vote count in the OP
-Regularly post accurate vote counts in the thread
-Collect all night actions before evaluating them
-prod players after 48 hours of inactivity
-Maintain a list of links to the day/night scenes
-Change the thread title to reflect the game's day/night status
-Name MVP at endgame, or cast vote

This is also a makeshift guide for new mods. I think it'd be very helpful especially if you don't have someone to ask for details. When I modded for the first time, some of the things players expected me to do, I didn't; only because I didn't know I had to do them. So this should also be a helpful guide to new mods.

I need your input on this.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Re: Mafia Game Convenience

Postby pmchugh on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Personally I think 24 hours is enough to warrant a prod. Also I would like to add in something about ensuring mass claims don't screw up your game, especially in themed games.

Slightly off topic I am thinking of running a game for more active players, it would be small like maybe 7 players with short deadlines (24-36h). Do you think this could work?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:45 pm

pmchugh wrote:Also I would like to add in something about ensuring mass claims don't screw up your game, especially in themed games.

Ok, how do you do that? Is that part of the planning of the game?
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm

pmchugh wrote:Slightly off topic I am thinking of running a game for more active players, it would be small like maybe 7 players with short deadlines (24-36h). Do you think this could work?

Yeah I think it could work. It'd be like a toned-down RT or a sped-up regular game

Postby pmchugh on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:51 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Also I would like to add in something about ensuring mass claims don't screw up your game, especially in themed games.

Ok, how do you do that? Is that part of the planning of the game?

Some mods just say, no mass claiming (LOST mafia for instance) where as others give mafia fake claims to render it meaningless. I think it is hard to say which way is correct across the board because fake claiming is an art and definitely one of my favourite parts of the game. So if you always give fake claims then that is kinda poo.

I guess I just want mods to be aware of this.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Slightly off topic I am thinking of running a game for more active players, it would be small like maybe 7 players with short deadlines (24-36h). Do you think this could work?

Yeah I think it could work. It'd be like a toned-down RT or a sped-up regular game

Short deadlines just like in the old days. The deadlines require activity and therefore submariners are lynched more readily. I'm all for the old school.
Captain safariguy5

Return to Mafia Discussions