Conquer Club

After the Halo mafia finishes...

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

After the Halo mafia finishes...

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:18 pm

After Halo: The Mafia finishes...

I'll be taking a break from modding. I'm working on two different novels, not sure how long either of them will be (Depends how long my mind wants to take them) But I will be doing up an Alien Apocalypse story and hopefully have a few chapters by the end of the summer done.

I think with how huge the Halo Mafia is, unless people make quick decisions that it will take us into Christmas. By New Years I plan on writing a mystery novel. For those who read Vodean's death scene in Infection.. know that I can be gory with a QUICK write up... This mystery novel I do not have plots for yet for I am working on the Alien Apocalypse story atm. HOWEVER. The conclusion of the book will depend on a single mafia game that I will be making around the time that I start writing the book. I might try to use the first chapter as an introduction to the mafia game and will supply chapters as the game continues on, but whoever wins in the mafia game and whoever is left alive will ultimately decide who lives and who dies in the book.

I will not take kids into this mafia game. By the time I'm finished the book I'll be 18, probably almost 19 by the time I'm done. The game will contain GORY scenes, that I seriously don't suggest being read if you have a weak stomach. So this is WAY before the game even begins to see the light of day, but I would ask that no one sign up for it if you can't handle the mention of different body parts and a bit of swearing. (I know most of you don't care, but I strongly urge that you take this into consideration).

For a lighter side of this news. I will make MANY characters, so signing up WELL in advanced will be nice (If you guys wanna see a 2 page bio of your character, sign up before the summer is over, any last minute sign ups may either not be accepted or will not be given as much). But I will let the game be open for many players if we can get a big group interested, otherwise I'll stick the story down to a small group of people.

My head is constantly running with ideas for how the story will be laid out, but literally.. the number of people that sign up for it and how the game turns out will control the plot of the story majorly.

This thread I'll update with stuff as the time grows near, but check back after the summer every few weeks for updates. Maybe nothing, maybe small things, but perhaps I may drop some nice details into it as the frame of the story is made more solid.

(I'm thinking about it atm, the minimum people I'll accept for this to work will be 10. The maximum will be somewhere in the 50's (if that's even possible to reach on these forums :lol: )

But yea, I strongly advise the weak stomachs to stay away from this game. Vodean's death scene in Infection was nothing compared to what I make when I put my time into it (more than 10 mins XD)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: After the Halo mafia finishes...

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:39 pm

I have no problem with gore. And a really detailed character is definitely something I'm interested in seeing. Definitely interested.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:06 pm

love it. in please.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby pmchugh on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Sounds great. No promises about sign-ups though, god knows where I will be when the game rolls around.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Can't promise future me will still be here, as I tend to wander in and out. I am currently on my longest continuous stint here, FWIW.

I've toyed with similar ideas regarding original stories in mafia games, but I've never really gotten enough steam to actually make something happen. I also usually end up leaning comedic, which isn't strictly speaking good for a mafia story.

That said, I'm intrigued by this idea. I hope I am around when this takes place.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby vodean on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:38 am

well... you know that all you have to do to get me to sign up is to say that you are taking sign-ups... so im in.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Original stories are pretty fun, and they are probably the only games I'll ever Mod again in the future.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jak111 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Original stories are pretty fun, and they are probably the only games I'll ever Mod again in the future.

--Andy

Are you saying you'll join Andy? ;)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Yeah, ill give it a whirl
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 pm

The irony if Crazy's RL name was Andy...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 am

jak111 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Original stories are pretty fun, and they are probably the only games I'll ever Mod again in the future.

--Andy

I don't have the time to commit to playing in another game probably, so unfortunately not.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 am

new guy1 wrote:The irony if Crazy's RL name was Andy...

nope, im not an andy, :lol:
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby jak111 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:29 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
jak111 wrote:

--Andy

I don't have the time to commit to playing in another game probably, so unfortunately not.

--Andy

Ah well, worth a shot :P

Yea, I should be having fun with this story haha ^^
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Updating some details on this so I can remember, also to give you a bit of a sneak preview.

~ Going to be a multi path game, more explanation on this at a later date.
~ Going to have 'rooms' that they can explore, more explanation at a later date.
~ Going to be gory as hell, if you think Saw is disgusting... wait and see...
~ Will have NPC's unless a huge amount of people join. NPC's can't be targeted or lynched, but you will know they are not mafia.
~ Mafia depends on how many join, there may be 1 killer or MULTIPLE killers, I haven't decided yet.
~ 3rd parties are not out of the question, even 4th parties may be in it, if I really feel sick and twisted and we have enough perhaps 5th parties and 6th parties.
~ Power roles may be kept to a minimum unless 4th parties or more are introduced due to town majorly outnumbering mafia.
~ Special power roles WILL be in place, this will not be your average game, normal power roles will be a rarity however some special roles may have normal role traits.
~ Music videos will be posted with each scene to give BG music while reading it. I may have to do some searching for a few but I have a few songs picked out already. Most BG music has no words, so expect only instrumental music.
~ Due to Multi path and the 'rooms' feature in this game, hints MAY or may NOT be given in scenes.
~ Day 1 will be a no lynch day, reasons may be thought of before I explain it but it will be explained at a later date.
~ Scenes may be up to a WEEK before posted, this game will be long, but the scenes may or may not be worth it to some of you. If I get bs about the time it takes to write these particular scenes, I'll drop descriptions and story line altogether and just branch the story away from the game, making it into a normal dull mafia game.
~ While I can't get anything official at this moment and time (I might by the time it starts though), I'll be posting chapters onto a writing site I use, this material WILL be copyrighted, so please ask before using any large amounts of text before usage outside of the thread.
~ Scenes and chapters may differ from each other, as in the scenes will be a bit shorter and more mafia related, however it will not be much different. I'll post links to the actual chapters as the game progresses.

Finally, to wrap up details for now, I hope to actually publish this in the future (say 2-3 years from now) if it turns out successful. This isn't really a game detail as much as it is a book detail. If I manage to get this published when I'm finished, I'll send ya'll a link to the information and stuff ^^.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:10 am

So if you get published, do we make it to the acknowledgments in the preface? :D ;)
Captain safariguy5

Postby jak111 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 am

safariguy5 wrote:So if you get published, do we make it to the acknowledgments in the preface? :D ;)

Hmm, I'll think about it.. Like "Safariguy5 as Aaron Smitz" or whatever the character name will be XD
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Sounds great Jak. I would love to join when you do it.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:00 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Sounds great Jak. I would love to join when you do it.

Sure thing bud. Gonna be a while. But the time will come and it shouldn't be a dull game ^^. Also, I may have more details coming up this weekend, I'm in the brainstorming of the set-up stage atm >.<
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am

~Rooms are under effects, certain rooms may cause a player to DIE, once this happens the room will become off limits.

~Each day a random room will be alligned IMMUNITY and anyone in that room for that day and night will be immune to all effects on them.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:16 pm

~ Clue set up.
~ Puzzles
~ Counter Measures

(Haha, this is gonna be messy when I put it all together, the skeleton of the game is actually working out nicely :P So once the skeleton is complete, I will be adding the tissue to fine tune it so to speak).
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Return to Mafia Discussions