Interesting mafia players come and gone

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

May not be the best tiem to post this but wanted to.

Ga7 is one that comes to mind. back when I first started to play regularly, him and nag were basically in every game I was in. I more or less tried to model my playstyle towards theirs.

On a different note, remember theherkman? There were times during New Briarsburg where he made me want to strangle him. He could be smart about things or he could be completely blind to what was actually going on.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby edocsil on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:57 am

Ga7 and his ?wife/girlfriend? I both miss, nag isn't playing nearly as much either. That guy (ga7) was a god, I could never slip a ruse past him.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 am

edocsil wrote:Ga7 and his ?wife/girlfriend? I both miss, nag isn't playing nearly as much either. That guy (ga7) was a god, I could never slip a ruse past him.


the first time I ever got him lynched (wrongly) is still one of my fonder memories. :lol:
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby aage on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

strike wolf wrote:May not be the best tiem to post this but wanted to.

Ga7 is one that comes to mind. back when I first started to play regularly, him and nag were basically in every game I was in. I more or less tried to model my playstyle towards theirs.

On a different note, remember theherkman? There were times during New Briarsburg where he made me want to strangle him. He could be smart about things or he could be completely blind to what was actually going on.

Ga7 sees all. Edoc said it perfectly, the guy is a god. His consort Flores, though... not so much.

TheHerkMan... yeeeah, I knew him in Briarsburg.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby edocsil on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 pm

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:May not be the best tiem to post this but wanted to.

Ga7 is one that comes to mind. back when I first started to play regularly, him and nag were basically in every game I was in. I more or less tried to model my playstyle towards theirs.

On a different note, remember theherkman? There were times during New Briarsburg where he made me want to strangle him. He could be smart about things or he could be completely blind to what was actually going on.

Ga7 sees all. Edoc said it perfectly, the guy is a god. His consort Flores, though... not so much.

TheHerkMan... yeeeah, I knew him in Briarsburg.


Flores, that was the name. Not a bad player at all, would love to see her here again, but yeah, pales in comparison.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:08 pm

aimless
ak-iceman
anarkestdreams
mandy
kwanton

are some that come to my mind besides ga and flores
LSU Fighting Tigers The 2003 & 2007 National Football Champions
Irony at its finest
Yomiel wrote:As I said, I DID. He responded very badly both times. He won't even consider that he made a mistake, and this behavior is hurting the game.
Private 1st Class LSU Tiger Josh
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby / on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah, ga was one of the only players I've ever actually been afraid of being called out by, another being talapus.

lots of other good players;
thezz
sierra_leone
skoffin
skittles!
minister masket
iliad
VioIet's clue really showed how quickly she improved, it's a bit sad not to see more.

heck, even some of our more "infamous" players such as daze and ani were really fun to have around honestly
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

also town hero tonka
LSU Fighting Tigers The 2003 & 2007 National Football Champions
Irony at its finest
Yomiel wrote:As I said, I DID. He responded very badly both times. He won't even consider that he made a mistake, and this behavior is hurting the game.
Private 1st Class LSU Tiger Josh
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah I left Tonka and Mandy off as they seem to make occasional appearance. NES seems to be One who gets mentioned for all the wrong reasons. am was definitely big all around off topics until he had his fall from grace because of spamalot. then last I years he got himself addicted to a different game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fircoal. Chu may pop in occasionally, but I don't see him nearly as much now.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby aage on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:47 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fircoal. Chu may pop in occasionally, but I don't see him nearly as much now.

He never really left, I guess, but you have a point.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Ghostly deserves a place on this list. We played some games together. After 1, he emulated my style enough to call me scum with 100% correctness. He caused me to try to change my meta completely.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ghostly deserves a place on this list. We played some games together. After 1, he emulated my style enough to call me scum with 100% correctness. He caused me to try to change my meta completely.


Ghostly has a pretty good instinct. he hadn't developed the logic to back it up.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:05 am

Colton24 anyone? :lol:

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7197
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Interesting mafia players come and gone

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Colton24 anyone? :lol:

-Sully

He got reincarnated as yomiel
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
User avatar
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm
Location: up a tree
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login