Sully's up to his old tricks again...

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Sully's up to his old tricks again...

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:16 am

Alrighty, so I came up with an idea for a new experimental mafia. Not sure what I'm going to call it officially, but for now I'm calling it "Two Truths and a Lie Mafia" (after the icebreaker game, "Two Truths and a Lie").

The concept of it is scenes and role PMs will include exactly one lie. As far as night actions go, I'm thinking about making it so one action is a "lie" per night (cops would receive opposite results, kills would protect, protections would kill, etc. and each person can only have one "lie" action), but if you guys think it's overkill, I might just shape the roles to fit the flavor of the concept.

Thoughts? It seems there are a fair amount of games going, so I might hold off a little bit before posting a game thread.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Sully's up to his old tricks again...

Postby aage on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 am

Sounds like a bastard mod game, but since you announce the presence of the lie already, that shouldn't be a problem. I might play.

I'd have to ask, though: is it clear which three parts of a scene or PM include the two truths and a lie, or would players have to figure that out for themselves as well?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby / on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Sounds awesome, glad to see you again Victor.

I was thinking about doing some sort of anti-role game myself awhile back; I quickly lost my train of thought and ended up making Two-Sides Mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 pm

aage wrote:Sounds like a bastard mod game, but since you announce the presence of the lie already, that shouldn't be a problem. I might play.

I'd have to ask, though: is it clear which three parts of a scene or PM include the two truths and a lie, or would players have to figure that out for themselves as well?

I'd try to make it as clear as possible which three statements are up for consideration. And I suppose I didn't specify, but yes, everyone would know about the 'meta', or whatever you want to call it, ahead of time.

/ wrote:Sounds awesome, glad to see you again Victor.

I was thinking about doing some sort of anti-role game myself awhile back; I quickly lost my train of thought and ended up making Two-Sides Mafia.

Thanks, /! I'm open to having a co-mod and balance-checker if you're up for it.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby VioIet on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 pm

That sounds like an awesome concept! I would totally play.

And a bit bummed that I missed out on Slash's Two Sides Mafia. That sounds like a really fun game as well.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Major VioIet

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby nietzsche on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:14 pm

I don't understand Mafia
Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby / on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Thanks, /! I'm open to having a co-mod and balance-checker if you're up for it.

-Sully

Sure, I'd be glad to if you need one.

VioIet wrote:And a bit bummed that I missed out on Slash's Two Sides Mafia. That sounds like a really fun game as well.

Oh and Vio is back too! Sorry you missed it. I'm glad to see you here again as well.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

nietzsche wrote:I don't understand Mafia

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=609&t=68065
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Welcome back you two.

I'm not sure if I'd play, but the idea sounds interesting. Could be a bit OP for mafia I think depending on what actions are faked.
Captain safariguy5

Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 pm

/ wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Thanks, /! I'm open to having a co-mod and balance-checker if you're up for it.

-Sully

Sure, I'd be glad to if you need one.

That'd be great! I'll PM you sometime later when I have a loose set-up.

VioIet wrote:And a bit bummed that I missed out on Slash's Two Sides Mafia. That sounds like a really fun game as well.

Thanks!

safariguy5 wrote:Welcome back you two.

I'm not sure if I'd play, but the idea sounds interesting. Could be a bit OP for mafia I think depending on what actions are faked.

True enough. I'm sure / and I will adjust accordingly.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Return to Mafia Discussions