Conquer Club

Games are dying

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Games are dying

Postby aage on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:21 pm

I was under the impression that the community was back on its feet when I returned about three months ago. Suddenly, however, loads of people have stopped posting, bailed on their games and quit logging in altogether. I don't know what I am to make of this, but it sure makes for a boring game to have to wait and wait and wait for specific people (e.g. the mod) in order to get things the hell moving, and those people apparently never show up.

My question would be: why is this happening?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Games are dying

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Some people lose interest in things sometimes, some circumstances change (like, for instance, Some7hingCLEVER), dont have time all that junk. Its an unfortunate thing, but it happens. Thats why we need to do our parts and invite friendly people to the community. If everyone were to invite one person, we would have quite a few players, minus the ones that didnt like it, and we would have a friendly group of people that were active. Unfortunately, its harder to do then to say :/.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby pancakemix on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

New guy hit it right on the head. And that's something I hope to reverse. As part of my duties, as the games mod, I want to help make this place more active and healthy. Promoting our little corner of CC is a factor in our success.

Another factor would be the summer, which is when people tend to have more free time.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm

I just assumed it was partly because of mid terms, holidays, and finals. I know that I wouldn't be joining as many games if I had just finished midterms and have finals in a couple of weeks. Luckily I have pretty laid back classes this term. Others have much more demanding schedules.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Its also the circle of on line life. It peaks and it flows.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am

Some of the games seem to be suffering a bit from lack of mod attention. If you want a game to go well, best to put some effort into modding it. Part of the reason I'm not modding currently is that I don't have time to keep the game moving.
Captain safariguy5

Postby aage on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Some of the games seem to be suffering a bit from lack of mod attention. If you want a game to go well, best to put some effort into modding it. Part of the reason I'm not modding currently is that I don't have time to keep the game moving.

True, I'm in two games at the moment and LSU's is dead now because he isn't active. Edocsil is active though, so I can only assume that the majority of his players simply are not around. In the case of Chapcrap for example, whatever his reason for not posting; sharing a night action result takes two minutes, so all you really need is a place where there's internet. And if it's got to do with the game and there actually is a silencer, there is nearly a third of the player list that hasn't posted in the last five pages, which is a week. I can't blame Edocsil for this, but I can't blame the players either because they're not here to be blamed. That's why I'm only looking for 13 players on the Community game... which also opened a week ago and has barely filled up two thirds, which I find surprisingly slow. At this rate it'll be starting up in 2013.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 pm

There is also the saturation factor. For quite a while, a lot of games have been available to play in!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Fircoal on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm going for all of the above.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Return to Mafia Discussions