JK9++ ENDGAME Mafia Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: JK9++ ENDGAME Mafia Wins

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:31 pm

the moral of the story for me is that i should trust better my instincts lol. I first harrased campin on day 1 and let it go becuse of his continuous submarining and the deadline approaching, and i was pretty convinced on the end of day 3 and begining of day 4 it was trini. both time i didn't follow my initial instinct and used my reason. On the other hand, for me vodean is never scum, but the reason makes me vote for him, and i always have big doubts with iron, second time i play with you and second time i have a strong scum vibe against you ;)

Otherwise you are wrong about the campin case iron. i was the one who started bugging him, was the first one to vote for him and have been quite insisting on my questions to make him answer them and make him scumslip, which I managed to make him do when he said he had a powerrole. He was deadmeat for later even if we didn't lynch him that day. trini was pretty quiet during that case, i still think you voted too quick without even really letting yourself to think through again and giving all thepower to trini. I really don't think a mafia would've gone that far on a day 1 with his fellow scummate as i did, just as i thought it was pretty impossible a mafia could ve gone as far as you did on campin as well on that day 1...
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby trinicardinal on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:This is my spin on the game.

This type of set up is so much harder then a regular set up. In most games you are slowly able to garner information through investigations and the use of power roles. Guilt or innocence is not only determined by the investigations but by how people respond to the investigations. One is able to then piece together who is lying and who is telling the truth based on conflicting data. granted one is not always stressful for a variety of reasons but to me the game is like a snow ball rolling down hill. As the game goes on it becomes harder and harder for mafia to cover there tails.

With this set up all we had was jonty and even then we could not collaborate or even trust his info was correct due to having a mafia bus driver. Having a Doc was no use in helping find mafia either. All mafia had to do was appear Town without giving obvious scum tells.

In reality the game boils down to one big guessing game depending on how one judges other players.

Honestly I had no idea who was who. What spurred me to finally vote Betiko was how we all, the remaining four, responded to lynching chap. Trin was the first draw attention to Chap playing other games but not being present, which set Violet to join, Betiko followed and then me.

If you look at that small event, its really the only event we had during the game where we could all look at tangible actions to a given situation.

The game was a big lesson. You can really take NOTHING for granted and NOTHING will always be the truth just because a person appears to do the right thing. One could argue that that whole scene was on big reverse WIFOM. You cant convince me that Trin did not appear Town and Betiko did not appear scummy with his wanting to no lynch Campin.

Violet has asked why no one believed her. Its not that I did not believe you its that you were never 100 % cleared given the format. Betiko said you played like Town but that is so subjective as to be meaning less.

I have played on winning mafia teams and done everything Betiko did and of course what Trin did. To me his winning play was pointing out Chap.

I guess the moral of the story is that just because you appear Town does not Mean you are. Just Because you appear mafia does not mean you are. Different players evaluate these alignments in different ways. With out PRs to filter the information it is extremely hard to see the truth and make a rational decision other then guessing.

Sorry Betiko I really thought I was right with what was presented.

Good job Trin...and I was really getting annoyed with all your holidays...which was really making me think twice about you submarining. To little to late though.

Thanks IB. I actually wasn't intentionally submarining with those holidays. They all took place when I said they did... and all are/were legitimate... we really have a lot of holidays in our country and what happened in August was a little unusual... normally there are 2 on the 1st (Emancipation Day) and 31st (Independence Day) of August. This year we also ran into a religious holiday (Eid Ul Fitr) which changes by approximately 11 days each year and fell in August this year and then we had the additional holiday from the olympic Gold Medal (only our second ever) so it was really unusal. then we ran into the only one we have in Septembern (Republic Day). Ironically enough the next one isn't till November so it would have been a little while before more interruptions but the game is now over.

I'm sorry they frustrated you and I understand why they did. Hopefully I won't have to put you through that again in another game.
Major trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (7)

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:40 pm

LOL its not like you would have helped if you had fewer holidays. :D
Major Iron Butterfly
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby trinicardinal on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL its not like you would have helped if you had fewer holidays. :D

Good Point 8-[ but maybe next games things will be different :)
Major trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:55 am

one last question trini; if I had managed to convince people to vote no lynch on day 5 being r best option; would ve you killed someone or not and if you did who would ve you killed?
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am

betiko wrote:one last question trini; if I had managed to convince people to vote no lynch on day 5 being r best option; would ve you killed someone or not and if you did who would ve you killed?

yes I would have killed someone,... and I would probably have killed Vio. She being the most "cleared" town member.... especially with IB being suspicious of you.
Major trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 am

What were the initial numbers you used? I want to plug them in the excel spreadsheet I gave you and see what roles pop out.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm

I don't still have the numbers. It was IPTTTTT though.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
betiko wrote:one last question trini; if I had managed to convince people to vote no lynch on day 5 being r best option; would ve you killed someone or not and if you did who would ve you killed?

yes I would have killed someone,... and I would probably have killed Vio. She being the most "cleared" town member.... especially with IB being suspicious of you.

i think i wouldn t ve killed anyone in your situation... don't know, hard call.
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 am

betiko wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

i think i wouldn t ve killed anyone in your situation... don't know, hard call.

It definitely would have been a hard call but i would probably have done the kill... make it easier to speed lynch the next day.
Major trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby samgrossy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

more posting going on post game than during game.
ugh. I'm depressed about it!
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives