[Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:56 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Seeing all our names on a list didn't make me panic. MoB's counterclaim (more the way he went about it) was more likely to induce panic.

Betiko, are you suggesting I also claim Igor? Because that would have ended comically.


lol... that it would.

@ SG7 - Well i don't need the premium and he has had some hard times recently and cannot afford to purchase premium at this time. Its nice if he can benefit then.

Yes, I can award the premium to someone else. The player has been noted.


thx saf. Epi did you have preset time to check the thread for that speed lynch?
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Image
User avatar
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 2894
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 am
Location: On a Tropical Island - Coconut anyone?
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Medals and Premium have been awarded. I'll unsticky this thread now, but feel free to ask me questions and continue to talk. I'll archive it in a few days to give everyone more time to talk.

Again, thanks for playing everyone, these games are only possible because of the players who play.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks for getting the medal for me guys/gals
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class BGtheBrain
Official Pooper Scooper
Official Pooper Scooper
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm
Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (46) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.


Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).


betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.



Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?



yes rodi, at that point our plan was to wait for 2 town to vote for another town and say the word jellybean in any post. then we had a 1h timeframe in which we had to all vote the next day. i came up with this silly idea; but we should've thought of a massclaim before that; cause it obviously did lots of harm and we lost there... i think losing mafia guys before would ve been really beneficial cause people would've started building theories. ending up with 100% mafias that didn't claim on the mylo day actually sucks. i'll learn for next time.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:03 pm

by teh way, sg7; i hope you were kidding when you said you forgot who were your scum mates??? would be quite sad if it was true and would show how little attention you gave to the game after playing with us during a few month..
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 pm

I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:Thanks for getting the medal for me guys/gals


yeah i think it s a bit unfair that jimfinn who played a big role for me doesn't get a medal and that being eliminated 4 month ago you get one lol! but hey, that's the rules! you surely would've prefered to be in much longer!

was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Rodion wrote:I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.



well i think the idea was just not to suggest and to let a flow start by itself and bandwagon... we tried too hard to win on day 4 cause everything was just rolling for us. turning point is really jimfinn and trini establishing a list/ massclaim; then you jumping in and asking epi to protect you. epi could've been sort of cleared; i was doomed with the whole noob inventor thing i did. on an other hand was my first game so can't know all the codes...
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm

betiko wrote:by teh way, sg7; i hope you were kidding when you said you forgot who were your scum mates??? would be quite sad if it was true and would show how little attention you gave to the game after playing with us during a few month..


no, ha ha, while I was playing the game I knew who were my scummates. I meant after my hiatus and being replaced and all I had forgotten who I was playing with.

And anyway, that jelly bean code sounds cool. You guys talked it over at night and then made a plan for the day? That's so cool. Way to teamwork!

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
User avatar
Sergeant shieldgenerator7
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:59 am
Location: somewhere along my spiritual journey
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 pm

betiko wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:Thanks for getting the medal for me guys/gals


yeah i think it s a bit unfair that jimfinn who played a big role for me doesn't get a medal and that being eliminated 4 month ago you get one lol! but hey, that's the rules! you surely would've prefered to be in much longer!

was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)

This game was supposed to end by January, but I hate making deadlines cut short good discussion. There were a couple days that went on really long.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm

betiko wrote:was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)


Yeah it is pretty cool in TNC.

We play mafia in our forum. Most of the time we have around 15 per game. It is quite interesting because you get to know each others play style pretty well.

I think that helped me here. I was convinced BG was town(he still got lynched :cry: ) and it is why I was so sure MoB was lying.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class dazza2008
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (32) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (21)

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Rodion wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:
Epitaph1 wrote:Yeah, pretty much. Our code was "jellybean ______" to get everyone online at a certain time and get a speed lynch. We just couldn't get the ball rolling on a townie to even try the operation. Oh well. I'm sure the town would have been completely confused if one of us mentioned jellybeans in the middle of an argument.


But how would you do that? Would you PM other players with the jellybean code? Or just post in the thread and hope others would be there at the right time to act upon it?

PMs would be against the rules. I think he means to literally add jellybean into a post...


I think so too. But adding jellybean into a post would not magically summon his 3 scummates to the speedlynch.


The plan was to incorporate it into the post somehow. We were hoping to be all on at a predetermined (at night) time, but it never panned out for us to even get a chance.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7911
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Heading for the light
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby Epitaph1 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:40 am

dazza2008 wrote:
betiko wrote:was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)


Yeah it is pretty cool in TNC.

We play mafia in our forum. Most of the time we have around 15 per game. It is quite interesting because you get to know each others play style pretty well.

I think that helped me here. I was convinced BG was town(he still got lynched :cry: ) and it is why I was so sure MoB was lying.


Hmmmm, mafia clan war, anyone? (I have no idea how that would work).

Our clan mafia games have been known to last 2 weeks and still generate 60+ pages of text. It's not uncommon to check in after 12 hour and find 8 pages of reading.
User avatar
Colonel Epitaph1
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:13 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (50) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:14 am

betiko wrote:
Rodion wrote:I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.



well i think the idea was just not to suggest and to let a flow start by itself and bandwagon... we tried too hard to win on day 4 cause everything was just rolling for us. turning point is really jimfinn and trini establishing a list/ massclaim; then you jumping in and asking epi to protect you. epi could've been sort of cleared; i was doomed with the whole noob inventor thing i did. on an other hand was my first game so can't know all the codes...


I think if Epi had claimed VT while you claimed that same noob inventor thing you guys would have won it. D4 really turned out to be the critical timing and I think the most mistakes were made then. I also should not have allowed 2 votes to add to MeDeFe on D4 - I should have claimed from the very first vote.

@ dazza - I was wondering how come you were so convinced when so many others were still skeptical - I was glad you were though.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Image
User avatar
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 2894
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 am
Location: On a Tropical Island - Coconut anyone?
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
betiko wrote:
Rodion wrote:I think you could have tried to get a lynch on Leitz, Dazza or Chap (Dazza being the strongest candidate). Yes, they had claimed and they had not been lynched, but at the beginning of D4 they were far from cleared.



well i think the idea was just not to suggest and to let a flow start by itself and bandwagon... we tried too hard to win on day 4 cause everything was just rolling for us. turning point is really jimfinn and trini establishing a list/ massclaim; then you jumping in and asking epi to protect you. epi could've been sort of cleared; i was doomed with the whole noob inventor thing i did. on an other hand was my first game so can't know all the codes...


I think if Epi had claimed VT while you claimed that same noob inventor thing you guys would have won it. D4 really turned out to be the critical timing and I think the most mistakes were made then. I also should not have allowed 2 votes to add to MeDeFe on D4 - I should have claimed from the very first vote.

@ dazza - I was wondering how come you were so convinced when so many others were still skeptical - I was glad you were though.


yes but even better with pcm claiming igor and me counter-claiming inventor; then we let eventually the cop investigate pcm...
but from your perspective trini; how sure were you of the dazza leitz and chap claims on day 4? cause the only way your list could've been unacuarte was that one of these 3 were scum and fakeclaimed.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Epitaph1 wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:
betiko wrote:was fun to have all this tnc crew you guys seem like a cool clan! ;)


Yeah it is pretty cool in TNC.

We play mafia in our forum. Most of the time we have around 15 per game. It is quite interesting because you get to know each others play style pretty well.

I think that helped me here. I was convinced BG was town(he still got lynched :cry: ) and it is why I was so sure MoB was lying.


Hmmmm, mafia clan war, anyone? (I have no idea how that would work).

Our clan mafia games have been known to last 2 weeks and still generate 60+ pages of text. It's not uncommon to check in after 12 hour and find 8 pages of reading.

Like the good ol' days.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
User avatar
Corporal everywhere116
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Somewhere on this big blue marble.
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:59 pm

betiko wrote:yes but even better with pcm claiming igor and me counter-claiming inventor; then we let eventually the cop investigate pcm...
but from your perspective trini; how sure were you of the dazza leitz and chap claims on day 4? cause the only way your list could've been unacuarte was that one of these 3 were scum and fakeclaimed.


Agreed - As to how sure I was... I was pretty sure about dazza and Leitz... almost as sure about chap. I did recognise the fact that they could have been fakeclaims and playing really well as town. I figured of the 3 the most likely fakeclaim was chap and that was mostly linked to the fact that he didn't want to give his character name.

On the other hand PCM/SG7 and Epi had been tripping my scumdar for a while and to a lesser extent MoB and you. My list felt right when I did it up. I did acknowledge the uncertainty by adding the part about if the claims we had gotten were true.

MoB's counter claim made me absolutely certain about PCM and you and ofc it was absolutely obvious that he was scum as well. Epi was the one that I wasn't sure about - your counter claim almost worked there but the backup doctor claim just meant that we were sure the next day after Rodion came up with his plan.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Image
User avatar
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 2894
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 am
Location: On a Tropical Island - Coconut anyone?
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm

trinicardinal wrote:@ dazza - I was wondering how come you were so convinced when so many others were still skeptical - I was glad you were though.


I am not really sure. I just had the feeling you were town from very early in the game.

The way MoB reacted when he countered looked very fake to me too. I think he over did the acting there :lol:

That is again where I think the games we play in the clan helped me here. I could see he was lying pretty easily.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class dazza2008
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (32) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (21)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I will say that a lot of posting by MoB probably did him no favors. When you're lying, try to change as little from normal behavior as possible. Mob seemed to be very talkative and defensive when he came out with the counterclaim.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I will say that a lot of posting by MoB probably did him no favors. When you're lying, try to change as little from normal behavior as possible. Mob seemed to be very talkative and defensive when he came out with the counterclaim.


Indeed. One post in particular stuck out. All it said was "Wait, hold on!" or something to that effect. That's just fake. Remember that you can't act over the internet, but you can keep a poker face. There's no need to fake emotion (and you really can't anyway), just say what you're going to say. If it's plain as day and says what you mean, you should be fine.

Hope that helps.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7911
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Heading for the light
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.


Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).


betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.



Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?


You had your bandwagon coming for the stupid metagame comment. ;)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8187
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.


Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).


betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.



Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?


You had your bandwagon coming for the stupid metagame comment. ;)


Other than that. My power role was a rather weak one so I was more than ok to get taken out.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8187
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: [Official] Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia Town Win MVP

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
Rodion wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Rodion, I believe you wanted to explain why you fakeclaimed Town Bomb before.


Did I want? :lol:

The primary reason is I wanted to be alive around the massclaim/endgame period so I could help find scum, so with the bomb claim I thought I could scare people into not lynching me (or into forcing a claim out of the poor bastard that would be scheduled to hammer me and possibly identify a fake, thus outright lynching him instead). Sucks that it didn't work, but enter the secondary reason: getting more discussion in the table so we could clear/implicate more players before N2 arrived. For instance, I think Chap volunteering for the hammer earned him major town cred, which proved to be useful later on (it sucks that mafia got to know Strike was a power role, but he had it coming for pushing my bandwagon! ;) ).


betiko wrote:also at some point you voted medefe and didn't let go (for little activity..), if someone else had followed you we had our secret "jellybean" operation to speedlych and it would've been a victory.



Can you tell us more about this operation? Had you previously established a daily time for you all to be online in order to make that happen?


You had your bandwagon coming for the stupid metagame comment. ;)


Other than that. My power role was a rather weak one so I was more than ok to get taken out.


we all thought you were watcher and feared you, so we went for you; but somehow thought it was weird cause you knew we always thought zero was a watcher and you played on that revealing your character. we would've NK trini otherwise that night if we knew you were just mason.

by the way, medefe and strike, do you mind revealing some night conversations you 2 had? who were your biggest suspects?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby Rodion on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 pm

I feel we should have quicktopics for mafia (and masons) to use throughout the game. They are safe to use as long as you don't leak the link and they provide an interesting read after the game is over.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] NBC Mafia Town Win MVP=trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:10 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
betiko wrote:yes but even better with pcm claiming igor and me counter-claiming inventor; then we let eventually the cop investigate pcm...
but from your perspective trini; how sure were you of the dazza leitz and chap claims on day 4? cause the only way your list could've been unacuarte was that one of these 3 were scum and fakeclaimed.


Agreed - As to how sure I was... I was pretty sure about dazza and Leitz... almost as sure about chap. I did recognise the fact that they could have been fakeclaims and playing really well as town. I figured of the 3 the most likely fakeclaim was chap and that was mostly linked to the fact that he didn't want to give his character name.

On the other hand PCM/SG7 and Epi had been tripping my scumdar for a while and to a lesser extent MoB and you. My list felt right when I did it up. I did acknowledge the uncertainty by adding the part about if the claims we had gotten were true.

MoB's counter claim made me absolutely certain about PCM and you and ofc it was absolutely obvious that he was scum as well. Epi was the one that I wasn't sure about - your counter claim almost worked there but the backup doctor claim just meant that we were sure the next day after Rodion came up with his plan.


yes, my feeling was that chap was the only one that could be replaced on your list with epi so I played on that. unfortunately rodion forced epi to protect him; getting myself lynched would've made you guys trust epi and distrust chap......


guys, when is the next official game? can we get notifications?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login