Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (10/17)[D4] A Tale of Revenge & Sh

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I wasn't going to say it because I wan't sure that he wanted me to reveal it. But, yes, I am the winner, Cop Speisr.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:12 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I wasn't going to say it because I wan't sure that he wanted me to reveal it. But, yes, I am the winner, Cop Speisr.
Congrats, although there is a chance that Strike beat you to it. We will have to ask him after the game.
Okay, I had my fun. Now let's get down to business. To the best of my knowledge this represents all the information that is publicly at the moment.
Click image to enlarge.
As for my own role, at first my character left me with a serious concern as to if I was a sane cop or not. Now two of my targets have since died so we can try to evaluate my sanity a bit. My guilty result on Chapcrap was right on the money. However, I got an innocent on Strikewolf. At this point in time it is quite difficult to ascertain why exactly this happened. A few possibilities.
1. Strikewolf's role shows up innocent under investigation. How exactly third parties are handled will vary from mod to mod. However, I would find it a little odd for an SK to be able to come up clean. (Unless the SK specifically has investigation immunity as a power.) Strikewolf's character was special though in that he had the alternate win condition of killing a specific member of the mafia. (That actually brings up another question, did Strike know that his target was mafia aligned?) That allows him to win without preventing the town from doing so, so that could have effected his investigation status.
2. Crazymilkshake busdrove Strikewolf with a town player night 1.
3. I am not actually sane. The only sanity variant I could possibly based on my results (other than sane) is one that gets random results. So I guess that I could have just lucked out with the Chapcrap result.

So where does this leave my investigation of DoomYoshi? Well, unfortunately due to the possibility of a Mafia Godfather it doesn't provide us with a definitive answer.
Captain spiesr

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:23 pm

I actually hadn't seen you hint at all about your identity Day 3. My guess came from your rather long analysis of the possibility of a sane cop existing Day 4.

By process of elimination we can narrow down the possibilities of the Kingpin being jak, Doom, or jonty. (dazza hasn't acted scummy this game, so I think it's safe to call him town.) We could systematically lynch all three of them using our numbers to make the scum win impossible at this point, but we can't be sure if there isn't some hidden factor in the game that would throw a wrench in that plan.

Out of curiosity, why am I the only player that could be new guy's mason buddy?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby new guy1 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 pm

I agree with speiser's analysis (Props on the nice notes) and everywhere's solution. I believe the claims of all the claimed players, and if my partner comes out and says he is my partner then then we have even less people as a possiblity. I will bring up that the list of people that ghostly said were scummy has been dead on, even when he FOSed strike. I dont know how he did it, but he said he believe Doom was scummy, and for that, I would assume put him at the top of the list.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 am

Am I the only one who noticed it says DoomYoshi=INNOCENT. You two stop trying to kill another innocent -.-. I'll also make a list that shall now be completely updated from my last...

1. MoB Deadly - Doctor
2. dazza2008 - Claims VT
4. spiesr - Claims Cop
5. everywhere116 - (???)
7. jonty125 - (???)
8. Victor Sullivan - Claims Hammah Slammah
10. new guy1 - Claims Mason (Partner still unknown)
12. soundman - Roleblocker
16. DoomYoshi - Cleared by Spiesr.
17. jak111 - Claims VT (well if you can take a moment and trust me the list can be narrowed).

If your role/claim/etc is in blue, you're either cleared or pretty damn close.
If it's purple it means only the role has been put out there and needs to somehow be confirmed.
If neither, means you're an unknown.

So without the colors and just the names lets put the list down to those who aren't in blue.

2. dazza2008
5. everywhere116
7. jonty125
8. Victor Sullivan
10. new guy1 (If his partner steps up it will take him and his partner in the blue if they both confirm it).
17. jak111 (Since I'm gonna be dead I'm just gonna give you guys some options for tonight to narrow it down to a single person tomorrow).

We'd be down to

Dazza
Everywhere
Jonty
Victor Sullivan

You know... this list could be narrowed down to 1 if everyone actually listens to the next steps carefully.
1.)If New Guy's partner and him confirm it, we'll have 3 left to do.
2.)Then out of those 3, Soundman blocks one, preventing him from attacking (Which leaves 2 targets left if he isn't the killer).
3.)With those 2 Spiesr checks out one of them, if he's innocent we're down to a single person tomorrow mourning.
4.)Also.. For the Spiesr part to work, MoB MUST protect him tonight. So he can tell us his results tomorrow, Soundman doesn't need protection because if he chooses the right person. There won't BE a night kill. :)

So if all 4 of you actually work together on this. We'll have the killer by tomorrow. Cool right? ;)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:26 am

What is it that caused you to investigate me last night?

@jak: the problem with a doctor claim is that the last one left standing is probably a godfather, who comes up innocent when investigated. Also, note that strike came up as innocent, eve though he was really guilty. While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I am by no means cleared.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:24 am

DoomYoshi wrote:What is it that caused you to investigate me last night?

@jak: the problem with a doctor claim is that the last one left standing is probably a godfather, who comes up innocent when investigated. Also, note that strike came up as innocent, eve though he was really guilty. While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I am by no means cleared.

True, >,< Well we could narrow it down to 2 people and go from there. But here's my opinion on the cop case. No one has counter claimed him, and he's been right. But the 3rd party case like someone said. Depending on the mod it may just show up as town.

But here's what I truly believe his role is doing. It either tells him if their mafia or not mafia. Strike was not a Mafia, he was a 3rd party, so for mafia wise he is innocent.

Though... you COULD be the Godfather, I'm just willing to bet that you aren't though. I'm even willing to believe Jonty somewhat even though he isn't cleared, which would leave me personally down to 2 suspects after New Guy's partner stands up >.<.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 pm

jak111 wrote:Am I the only one who noticed it says DoomYoshi=INNOCENT. You two stop trying to kill another innocent -.-. I'll also make a list that shall now be completely updated from my last...

1. MoB Deadly - Doctor
2. dazza2008 - Claims VT
4. spiesr - Claims Cop
5. everywhere116 - (???)
7. jonty125 - (???)
10. new guy1 - Claims Mason (Partner still unknown)
16. DoomYoshi - Cleared by Spiesr.
17. jak111 - Claims VT (well if you can take a moment and trust me the list can be narrowed).

If it's purple it means only the role has been put out there and needs to somehow be confirmed.

So without the colors and just the names lets put the list down to those who aren't in blue.

2. dazza2008
5. everywhere116
7. jonty125
8. Victor Sullivan
10. new guy1 (If his partner steps up it will take him and his partner in the blue if they both confirm it).
17. jak111 (Since I'm gonna be dead I'm just gonna give you guys some options for tonight to narrow it down to a single person tomorrow).

We'd be down to

Dazza
Everywhere
Jonty
Victor Sullivan

You know... this list could be narrowed down to 1 if everyone actually listens to the next steps carefully.
1.)If New Guy's partner and him confirm it, we'll have 3 left to do.
2.)Then out of those 3, Soundman blocks one, preventing him from attacking (Which leaves 2 targets left if he isn't the killer).
3.)With those 2 Spiesr checks out one of them, if he's innocent we're down to a single person tomorrow mourning.
4.)Also.. For the Spiesr part to work, MoB MUST protect him tonight. So he can tell us his results tomorrow, Soundman doesn't need protection because if he chooses the right person. There won't BE a night kill. :)

So if all 4 of you actually work together on this. We'll have the killer by tomorrow. Cool right? ;)

Well it seems you caught up on your reading in your next post since you were apparently the only person in this game that didnt realize kingpin most likely meant Godfather, so theres a start :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:58 pm

new guy1 wrote:Well it seems you caught up on your reading in your next post since you were apparently the only person in this game that didnt realize kingpin most likely meant Godfather, so theres a start :P

It's called forgetting that he was... I need to keep Spiesr's method of organizing things in mind for future games.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:05 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Out of curiosity, why am I the only player that could be new guy's mason buddy?
Because DoomYoshi and Jonty both voted for Newguy in the bandwagon on day 1. The way they went about doing so suggests to me that they are not his partner.
DoomYoshi wrote: vote new guy

Well, new guy, I understand what you are saying about not understanding the difference between no lynch and no vote. If it were merely a placeholder you would be clear in my eyes. I can understand you won't make that mistake again.

However, as spiesr pointed out, the problem is that you are waiting for someone else to make a case. Admitting that creates a problem. At this point, it is time to claim. I feel we may have gotten lucky here.
DoomYoshi unvotes quickly after Newguy claims.
jonty125 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I didn't do anything scummy. I unvoted no lynch and so the "crime" is gone. It neeeeever happened...
Well if your going to have that attuiude. Neither you or ghostly seem to listen andI'm going to unvote vote new guy1

I haven't seen ghostly before so I'm only going to FOS and think I could put up with him longer.
Jonty leaves his vote hanging for a little while after the claim attempting to get Newguy to reveal his partner.
Everyone else (besides yourself) has already claimed something other than his mason partner. So, if you are not his mason partner then either Jonty was being an idiot, DoomYoshi was purposefully trying to obscure his connection with Newguy, or someone is lying.
Captain spiesr

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:13 pm

I really don't see the problem with his partner coming forward. If he has some special role then they don't need to say it, just that they're masoned with New Guy and New Guy confirms it. Besides, all the major roles are already called out. So what would his partner even be that's worth keeping the potential ability to clear two people at once right now and leave us with very few people left to suspect???

FoS on New Guy1 until his partner comes forward. This all is starting to sound way too scummy. His partner won't step forward to clear them both with so limited number of suspects left? I'm sorry, but either his partner isn't too bright, or he's lying about the entire thing.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby everywhere116 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm

spiesr wrote:
everywhere116 wrote:Out of curiosity, why am I the only player that could be new guy's mason buddy?
Because DoomYoshi and Jonty both voted for Newguy in the bandwagon on day 1. The way they went about doing so suggests to me that they are not his partner.

Well, new guy, I understand what you are saying about not understanding the difference between no lynch and no vote. If it were merely a placeholder you would be clear in my eyes. I can understand you won't make that mistake again.

However, as spiesr pointed out, the problem is that you are waiting for someone else to make a case. Admitting that creates a problem. At this point, it is time to claim. I feel we may have gotten lucky here.
jonty125 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I didn't do anything scummy. I unvoted no lynch and so the "crime" is gone. It neeeeever happened...
Well if your going to have that attuiude. Neither you or ghostly seem to listen andI'm going to unvote vote new guy1

I haven't seen ghostly before so I'm only going to FOS and think I could put up with him longer.
Jonty leaves his vote hanging for a little while after the claim attempting to get Newguy to reveal his partner.
Everyone else (besides yourself) has already claimed something other than his mason partner. So, if you are not his mason partner then either Jonty was being an idiot, DoomYoshi was purposefully trying to obscure his connection with Newguy, or someone is lying.
Nah, you're right. Very astute of you.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:20 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:What is it that caused you to investigate me last night?
When I play an investigative role I tend to go after the players who nothing is known about and who don't seem likely to have a case built against them the next day. Because, for players like yourself, how else are we going to get rid of you if you are scum unless you are caught by a night action? Its not like you are going to be scummy enough that you will give us enough stuff to lynch you based on during the day.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:40 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

jonty125 wrote:

Nah, you're right. Very astute of you.

I confirm this. Speiser, props to you.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby soundman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:16 pm

So now the only ones left unclaimed are Dazza (he hinted but did not actually say he was VT), Jonty, and Doom.

My list of suspects(not in any particular order):
Dazza - Has yet to actually state that he is VT.
Jonty
Victor - I believe his role. But since it can't be confirmed, he has to be in this list.
Doom
Jak - Claim VT.

I'm not sure yet who we should lynch. However, do you guys think it's time for a mass claim?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby everywhere116 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Dazza claimed VT explicitly.

Pretty much everyone has, except for jonty and doom. Might as well get their claims out by this point.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Vote Count

MoB Deadly:
dazza2008:
spiesr:
everywhere116:
jonty125: 2 (spiesr, jonty)
Victor Sullivan:
new guy1:
soundman:
Doom Yoshi: 1 (dazza)
jak111: 2 (Doom, everywhere)
NL:

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:03 pm

soundman wrote:So now the only ones left unclaimed are Dazza (he hinted but did not actually say he was VT), Jonty, and Doom.

My list of suspects(not in any particular order):
Dazza - Has yet to actually state that he is VT.
Jonty
Victor - I believe his role. But since it can't be confirmed, he has to be in this list.
Doom
Jak - Claim VT.

I'm not sure yet who we should lynch. However, do you guys think it's time for a mass claim?

Yes, Dazza has CLAIMED VT, even said who his character is.

Now... to update my list with new standings....

1. MoB Deadly - Doctor
2. dazza2008 - Claims VT
4. spiesr - Claims Cop
5. everywhere116 - Masoned with New Guy (Unknown as of yet if he also has a power role).
7. jonty125 - (???)
10. new guy1 - Masoned with Everywhere116 (Unknown if he has a power role with it)
16. DoomYoshi - Checked by Spiesr (Could be GodFather)

2. dazza2008
7. jonty125
8. Victor Sullivan
16. DoomYoshi
17. jak111 (Still lets assume I can be trusted. Just for this list sake and because I don't think it'd make much sense since you'll find out who I am after today)

We'd be down to

Dazza
Jonty
Victor Sullivan
DoomYoshi

Which is still a few. So give me a moment here as I try to narrow this list. Of course tonight one can be cleared or found out with Soundman's block. (Which unless the doc agrees to protect him we need to know who he can clear if he does die).

Which would leave us with any 3. Depending if you guys lynch me or not it could be 2. Though to be full out honest. My gut is telling me it's either Dazza or Sully. Dazza because who he claimed, and for the reason he claimed "To prove there's VT's in the game"... Sully for what he claimed because it sounds so... controversial. Like an excuse to hammer someone if he can.

So my gut is telling me to go with my FIRST instinct after reviewing what I just wrote.
Vote Sully
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 pm

jak, this is a Tails game. I am Walter Sobchak. I am a confirmed townie. Q.E.D.

I don't think it really matters how ridiculous my role is. I'm fucking Walter Sobchak.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

EBWOP: O:)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby soundman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:36 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Dazza claimed VT explicitly.

Pretty much everyone has, except for jonty and doom. Might as well get their claims out by this point.

Ah, yep. There it is. Forgot to put his name in my notes so thought he hadn't actually claimed yet. :roll:
Lieutenant soundman

Postby soundman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39 pm

So only Jonty and Doom have yet to claim. I think they should. I also believe Victor's claim and will not be lynching him unless there is no other choice.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 am

I am Wolfgang Puck, the flavor cop.

Night 1: new guy
Night 2: ghost
Night 3: chap
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 am

So, can you share the details of you results?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:43 am

Basically, they are who they say they are.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives