Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape for deserter

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I will try to find time tonight for something. I have a potential of 3 cases I want to bring up, but I am not going to go in with a weak case. Busy right now, but I will do my best to build my cases.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Well, the strongest case I have is going to be DoomYoshi. To start, he is not posting as much as I saw him posting in the other game I was in with him (where he was one of the most active posters, and a townie).

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:Unvote

Perhaps ghostly should be looked at if sound flips scum, but I don't think the lead is a good one ATM.

Although ghostly was the only called out for defending eagle; PCM also did not vote, and was in at least one of the blacklist causing games. I am not saying either is scummy, but strike's hypothesis makes sense. If soundman does end up being scummy, PCM is a stronger candidate to look at then ghostly.

In any case, Unvote. Clearly the air is too foul for joke votes now.

This needs to be seen from a different point of view. It was originally looked over, but I see it as a scum tale. There was no main case, but I feel he was looking too far into this. Talking to the extent that I feel it was “After we lynch soundman, let’s try to lynch ghostly”. Trying to get 2 in 1 go in other words. I am not going to try to tell you what he said, just what I am seeing with it in my opinion.

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, I have been thinking about this a while now. I think pancake is right. It is a rite of passage. Edoc, saf and jonty are also right, the rite of passage needs to be completed.

However, lurking gets under my skin.
vote la galleta

I may switch this to new guy or ghostly depending on how the next day pans out (how they react most likely).

The main deal here was me defending new guy1, and new guy1 being pressured to death by several people till he claimed. Again, I feel he tried to change the subject to make it so that New guy1 would look forever guilty in the eyes of some, and they could still kill la galleta (another 2 in 1).

DoomYoshi wrote:Which cookie are you la galleta? I see multiple cookies in the picture. How am I supposed to know which cookie to talk to? I don't suppose you are related to Pancakemix, eh?

vote new guy

Well, new guy, I understand what you are saying about not understanding the difference between no lynch and no vote. If it were merely a placeholder you would be clear in my eyes. I can understand you won't make that mistake again.

However, as spiesr pointed out, the problem is that you are waiting for someone else to make a case. Admitting that creates a problem. At this point, it is time to claim. I feel we may have gotten lucky here.

May have gotten lucky? It led to a mason claim. After seeing the previous evidence, the only thing that goes through my mind is that he led the pressure on 1, switched to another, and before either of those, tried to connect me to a player who had just gotten here because I defended someone because I thought it was public abuse on a 13 year old kid.

I think he is trying to manipulate things to the point that we are too busy lynching 3-4 townies, so he and his fellow mafia can finish off 1-2 every night (I assume the second kill was an SK, but I do not know).

Also, on top of this, I couldn’t gather anything, but I have a strange feeling about CLEVER who hasn’t posted in FOREVER. And I also have a strange feeling about Chapcrap (if Chap flips mafia, I don’t think it would be a completely secure plan to go after StrikeWolf, but MAYBE keep it in mind. Not really a strong lead there). I don’t have anything to go against them with quite yet, but there is something there, I just have a feeling. Lol.

So, out of this. Vote Doomyoshi
FOS CLEVER
FOS ChapCrap
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

ebwop And I know, this is not too strong a case. But I feel it is the strongest we have. If someone can provide a stronger one, I do not mind this one being put on a back burner, or dealing with it if this one is proved as not strong enough.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

I dont know what to do, but we have to do something to get/keep things moving. We lost 2 power roles. Scene was posted today - hopefully someone has more info.

I see and appreciate your case on doom yoshi ghostly, but I just dont know, doom is usually one of the players that doesnt like to stay stagnant and is not afraid to switch gears. especially when things are not very active.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:I dont know what to do, but we have to do something to get/keep things moving. We lost 2 power roles. Scene was posted today - hopefully someone has more info.

I see and appreciate your case on doom yoshi ghostly, but I just dont know, doom is usually one of the players that doesnt like to stay stagnant and is not afraid to switch gears. especially when things are not very active.

Then what exactly do we do? Leave him be? It is the best case I see around, and I read through the whole thing again. We need to test him at some time because if he is the mafia and we always trust that he is town, we are screwed.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby strike wolf on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Doomyoshi was one of the latter votes on Eagleblade and after initially voting for La Galleta for inactivity switched his votes onto New guy (also late in the band wagon). The situation had recently changed if only slightly as New Guy's posts had continued not to ease suspicions at the time but the vote still came fairly late on the bandwagon. i do however have a few problems with your analysis Ghostly:

1. You seem to be taking this personally. It seems a lot of your reasoning revolves around him going against you. I would say take a step back and first reread his first post (as he was saying that Pancake was a more viable case if Sound flipped scum than you were) and try to look at it from angles that do not directly affect you. there may be things to learn from people who have gone against you there may not be but there is definitely something somewhere that not necessarily revolves around you.

2. You still seem to want to link me and chap because we agreed on the New Guy case. Guess what just about everyone agreed on the new guy case and even the one's who didn't vote for it admitted that it looked at least a little scummy. When everyone says that something someone has done in the thread is scummy. there's usually good reason for it. I stick by what I said. New guy's vote for no lynch had no logical implication and his initial defense of mostly one liners, did little to defuse the situations.

Other than that Crazymilkshake was on my short list for scum (bandwagoning and voting no lynch mostly) so I was a bit surprised to see him killed. edoc is less surprising. It's common strategy for mafia to try to take out more experienced players early. If Nag was in this game he could testify to that. My guess as far as kills:

Crazymilkshake-probably Sk/Vig kill. I'm hoping that it's vig. the set ups definitely big enough for an SK along with a reasonably sized but I'd definitely rather have a vig who's just a little overactive or even overeager.
Edocsil-probably mafia kill

Fastposted: It's not a matter of us trusting his towniness directly so much as who do we find scummiest. doomyoshi is a possible avenue but there are a couple of others. RIght now I have a couple other suspects beyond Doomyoshi but I still would need to take a better look at their posts.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Your case is strong enough to warrant a full-blooded reply.

ghostly447 wrote:Well, the strongest case I have is going to be DoomYoshi. To start, he is not posting as much as I saw him posting in the other game I was in with him (where he was one of the most active posters, and a townie).

I am one of the most active posters in this game too. Just check the stats if you don't believe me.

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:Unvote

Perhaps ghostly should be looked at if sound flips scum, but I don't think the lead is a good one ATM.

Although ghostly was the only called out for defending eagle; PCM also did not vote, and was in at least one of the blacklist causing games. I am not saying either is scummy, but strike's hypothesis makes sense. If soundman does end up being scummy, PCM is a stronger candidate to look at then ghostly.

In any case, Unvote. Clearly the air is too foul for joke votes now.

This needs to be seen from a different point of view. It was originally looked over, but I see it as a scum tale. There was no main case, but I feel he was looking too far into this. Talking to the extent that I feel it was “After we lynch soundman, let’s try to lynch ghostly”. Trying to get 2 in 1 go in other words. I am not going to try to tell you what he said, just what I am seeing with it in my opinion.
Actually, the way you are reading it is quite the opposite of what I was saying. At the time, edoc was suggesting that if soundman flipped guilty we should pressure you. I was saying the exact opposite. That if soundman flipped guilty, we shouldn't pressure you, instead should go for pcm.
DoomYoshi wrote:Well, I have been thinking about this a while now. I think pancake is right. It is a rite of passage. Edoc, saf and jonty are also right, the rite of passage needs to be completed.

However, lurking gets under my skin.
vote la galleta

I may switch this to new guy or ghostly depending on how the next day pans out (how they react most likely).

The main deal here was me defending new guy1, and new guy1 being pressured to death by several people till he claimed. Again, I feel he tried to change the subject to make it so that New guy1 would look forever guilty in the eyes of some, and they could still kill la galleta (another 2 in 1).

This doesn't make sense. You need to put it into different words before I can understand and reply.

DoomYoshi wrote:Which cookie are you la galleta? I see multiple cookies in the picture. How am I supposed to know which cookie to talk to? I don't suppose you are related to Pancakemix, eh?

vote new guy

Well, new guy, I understand what you are saying about not understanding the difference between no lynch and no vote. If it were merely a placeholder you would be clear in my eyes. I can understand you won't make that mistake again.

However, as spiesr pointed out, the problem is that you are waiting for someone else to make a case. Admitting that creates a problem. At this point, it is time to claim. I feel we may have gotten lucky here.

May have gotten lucky? It led to a mason claim. After seeing the previous evidence, the only thing that goes through my mind is that he led the pressure on 1, switched to another, and before either of those, tried to connect me to a player who had just gotten here because I defended someone because I thought it was public abuse on a 13 year old kid.

Something about the way new guy was defending himself suggested to me that he was scum. As it turns out, we didn't get lucky. Also, I didn't try to pin defending eagle on you. I specifically agreed with strike's opinion that since you didn't know better, you had no idea what eagle was doing. I was saying that pcm was the worse one for defending him, since he was in at least one game that eagle ruined. Now I must make the next point perfectly clear, so I will switch colors again:

I don't think either you or pcm are scummy. I was just applying edoc's logic to show that IF we go for whoever was defending eagle, it makes more sense to go for pcm. I am not saying that we SHOULD go for whoever was defending eagle.

I think he is trying to manipulate things to the point that we are too busy lynching 3-4 townies, so he and his fellow mafia can finish off 1-2 every night (I assume the second kill was an SK, but I do not know).

Also, on top of this, I couldn’t gather anything, but I have a strange feeling about CLEVER who hasn’t posted in FOREVER. And I also have a strange feeling about Chapcrap (if Chap flips mafia, I don’t think it would be a completely secure plan to go after StrikeWolf, but MAYBE keep it in mind. Not really a strong lead there). I don’t have anything to go against them with quite yet, but there is something there, I just have a feeling. Lol.

So, out of this. Vote Doomyoshi
FOS CLEVER
FOS ChapCrap

I am not sure what to make of your strange feelings.Usually chap is pretty obvious as mafia (see FF7) so I think I would pick up on it if he was. Also, clever hasn't posted enough for me to tell either way. Perhaps he could get a pr0d?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:18 am

I don't think there is a case on Doom but its a nice try from ghostly. I am going to assume Victor has a PR related to cricket unless he's just been a pain in the backside and therefore should be lynched.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:20 am

jonty125 wrote:I don't think there is a case on Doom but its a nice try from ghostly. I am going to assume Victor has a PR related to cricket unless he's just been a pain in the backside and therefore should be lynched.

If you're familiar with the movie you should be able to tell who Victor is or at least acting as beyond that I will not say any more.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:24 am

strike wolf wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I don't think there is a case on Doom but its a nice try from ghostly. I am going to assume Victor has a PR related to cricket unless he's just been a pain in the backside and therefore should be lynched.

If you're familiar with the movie you should be able to tell who Victor is or at least acting as beyond that I will not say any more.

I didn't even know this was based on a film and I've reread Post 1 and still can't make out it being based on a film.
Cook jonty125

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:11 am

jonty125 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

I didn't even know this was based on a film and I've reread Post 1 and still can't make out it being based on a film.

I thought I was the only one who had no idea what I got myself into :lol: Im STILL confused about the theme lol
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 am

Thank you for the post back, doomyoshi, I will look further into it. I have no intention to drop the case if I can get anything else.

And if mafia try to aim for the better players first, why would they not kill you doomyoshi? You seemed to be hunting several "scum" (whether they flipped that way or not) in the FF7 game, and somewhat here. Why didnt they kill you? 2 players dropped, but neither were you, so I assume there is an SK and a Mafia party, and neither decided to target one of the self said most active players here?

Something is wrong here. And I am going to try to figure it out. ;)
Cadet ghostly447

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 am

MoB Deadly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

I thought I was the only one who had no idea what I got myself into :lol: Im STILL confused about the theme lol

It is not based on anyone movie. I am saying Victor's comments are indicative of a specific character from a movie.

ghostly447 wrote:Thank you for the post back, doomyoshi, I will look further into it. I have no intention to drop the case if I can get anything else.

And if mafia try to aim for the better players first, why would they not kill you doomyoshi? You seemed to be hunting several "scum" (whether they flipped that way or not) in the FF7 game, and somewhat here. Why didnt they kill you? 2 players dropped, but neither were you, so I assume there is an SK and a Mafia party, and neither decided to target one of the self said most active players here?

It may be that in terms of how long they've been playing mafia, doomyoshi is less experienced than quite a few people in this game. For reference here's a list of some who have been around longer:

1. Pancakemix
2. Spiesr
3. Strike wolf
4. Safariguy5
5. Edocsil

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 am

strike wolf wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

It is not based on anyone movie. I am saying Victor's comments are indicative of a specific character from a movie.

ghostly447 wrote:Thank you for the post back, doomyoshi, I will look further into it. I have no intention to drop the case if I can get anything else.

It may be that in terms of how long they've been playing mafia, doomyoshi is less experienced than quite a few people in this game. For reference here's a list of some who have been around longer:

1. Pancakemix
2. Spiesr
3. Strike wolf
4. Safariguy5
5. Edocsil

Ebwop: add Victor Sullivan to that list.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 am

strike wolf wrote:It is not based on anyone movie. I am saying Victor's comments are indicative of a specific character from a movie.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:38 pm

I defended eagle? What? There was a reason I advocated his replacement, you know. It was a matter of me not liking to lynch people for out of game circumstances. If sound is scum, then sound is scum and I would rather have a game be played untainted than to have a modkill by proxy.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:14 pm

I caution against WIFOMing too strongly about who mafia targets. Neither of the kills had a lot of scene flavor that would indicate one was clearly mafia and one was clearly vig/SKer. Also, I totally understand Sully's character (PR?) especially considering Tails is the mod.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I would like to see clever and galleta get in here. I hope we aren't going to have to pressure theses guys everyday.

So, even with another case you won't drop it? Lyncher much? So, in my defense I proved that one of your points was totally backwards, one was incomprehensible and one was just a repeat of the first point. However, even after that you are convinced I am scum. Let me pose a question to you: what evidence would serve as me not being guilty in your eyes? As it stands right now, according to you, I am guilty, even though no single point can be raised against me, other than my waffling a bit on day 1. If that's a hanging offense, I am going to start preparing the noose.

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 pm

For the record, if we do I would much rather pressure Some7hing. I've seen him online I've looked over his posting patterns and I think the chances of him legitimately lurking compared to just not being around is better than the chances that La Galleta is lurking vs not being around.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:29 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
So, even with another case you won't drop it? Lyncher much?
In my opinion, it looks like he was trying to say that he will bring the case back if he finds any more potential evidence for it.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 pm

spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
So, even with another case you won't drop it? Lyncher much?
In my opinion, it looks like he was trying to say that he will bring the case back if he finds any more potential evidence for it.

Oh yes, I see that now lol. My bad.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Shut the f*ck up jonty! You're out of your element!

...Wait, what? We have to lynch someone Day 3? Tails will have to reschedule. I told that kraut a fucking thousand times I don't post on Shabbos! Shabbos is the Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T FUCKING POST! SHOMER SHABBOS! Shomer fucking Shabbos.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Ok so im gone for the weekend and I get an FOS
I had a dance Saturday a party on Sunday and guitar lessons on Tuesday so it was just this weekend I got ridiculously busy but these next few weekends wont be the same
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Ebwop
Guitar lessons in Monday lol and now it's Tuesday thats why im posting now
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby spiesr on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Ebwop
Guitar lessons in Monday lol and now it's Tuesday thats why im posting now
Okay, so now post something of actual value...
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives