Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (10/17)[D4] A Tale of Revenge & Sh

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:53 am

Initial thoughts on Doom's claim:
*Yet another investigative role? We already had a Tracker and a Watcher. And I am a regular cop, so unless my sanity is random results (making me useless) then I think we may have too many here. At the very least it makes me wonder why the town would need this many. Are the scum that strong? If so there might be more than 1 left?
*Seems almost too convenient that two of your targets died the night you investigated them (thus rendering your action useless) and the other was the first person to claim in the game. Your results appear to give us no information whatsoever. Admittedly I am not really one to talk as two of my targets are dead and the other result has it's usefulness gutted by the possibility of a Godfather. At least I have it going for me that if you go back and read the subject line of my posts on pages 55 and 58 you can see where I claimed my results. (Before the death of Chapcrap and Strikewolf.) Since you asked me, I will return the favor and ask for some explanation of why you choose the targets you did.
*A chef for a flavor cop? How punerific. Based on what we can gather from the dead scum, it appears that the scum were not given fake-claims but had to come up with their own. Safariguy used his actually character and simply changed the alignment and SomethingClever made a poorly thought out decision on his character. Does yours hold up? I don't know right now, kind of tired so I will sleep on it and hopefully have better insight tomorrow.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 am

I dont see why doomyoshi would investigate me night one. My claim made sense (as a blue's brother) and so I dont see a reason why he would need to investigate that. Doomyoshi, would you elaborate on why you chose all of us to investigate?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 am

I am Erik Turner from the band Warrant and I'm a VT.Vote Doomyoshi A fourth investigative role in 17 is a bit extreme as well in Greek mafia I used flavour cop as a fakeclaim.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:38 pm

new guy1 wrote:I dont see why doomyoshi would investigate me night one. My claim made sense (as a blue's brother) and so I dont see a reason why he would need to investigate that. Doomyoshi, would you elaborate on why you chose all of us to investigate?

I just investigated who I thought was the scummiest every night. A mafia fakeclaiming mason was possible, and I also wanted to make sure my abilities worked.

Night 2 I was sure ghostly was scum. Especially since safariguy said: for me to be lying about being a roleblocker me and ghost would both have to be lying.

Night 3 chap was under my radar, sort of as a leftover from night 2. Not much happened, so I didn't have much new information to check out.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I dont see why doomyoshi would investigate me night one. My claim made sense (as a blue's brother) and so I dont see a reason why he would need to investigate that. Doomyoshi, would you elaborate on why you chose all of us to investigate?

I just investigated who I thought was the scummiest every night. A mafia fakeclaiming mason was possible, and I also wanted to make sure my abilities worked.

Night 2 I was sure ghostly was scum. Especially since safariguy said: for me to be lying about being a roleblocker me and ghost would both have to be lying.

Night 3 chap was under my radar, sort of as a leftover from night 2. Not much happened, so I didn't have much new information to check out.

I thought a flavour cop got results based on the name i.e. images or something
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 pm

jonty125 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I thought a flavour cop got results based on the name i.e. images or something

"A Flavor Cop investigates roles to reveal a piece of flavor from target's role. It is functionally identical to the classical version of the Thief role, and is sometimes called "Role Cop""
From the mafiascumwiki,

So what was the "Piece" revealed to you about any of them Doom?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:24 pm

I agree with jak, it's important information if we are to believe your claim.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Im sorry Tails, and all the players in this game. I am going to have to drop out of this :(

As some of you know, my activity has dropped since January, and has dwindled since. I was hoping I would magically become unbusy and I could play again. However, I have not had that luxury.

As a mod, if I saw players with an activity level of mine, I would be infuriated. So I will respectfully withdraw from this game, so that you guys will have a more active and contributing player.

Thanks, and I apologize. I'll hopefully be back soon, as I really enjoy mafia
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Im sorry Tails, and all the players in this game. I am going to have to drop out of this :(

As some of you know, my activity has dropped since January, and has dwindled since. I was hoping I would magically become unbusy and I could play again. However, I have not had that luxury.

As a mod, if I saw players with an activity level of mine, I would be infuriated. So I will respectfully withdraw from this game, so that you guys will have a more active and contributing player.

Thanks, and I apologize. I'll hopefully be back soon, as I really enjoy mafia

Your presence will be missed, I look forward to your return.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

jonty125 wrote:I am Erik Turner from the band Warrant and I'm a VT.Vote Doomyoshi A fourth investigative role in 17 is a bit extreme as well in Greek mafia I used flavour cop as a fakeclaim.
I am going to have to ask you the same question I asked Jak. Can you tell me how you character is depicted in your role pm? Explain to me why he would be in this game.
DoomYoshi wrote:I just investigated who I thought was the scummiest every night. A mafia fakeclaiming mason was possible, and I also wanted to make sure my abilities worked.

Well, no surprises here. DoomYoshi is smart and knows his way around mafia, so of course when fake-claiming actions he will claim things that you have made sense for him to have done if he actually has whatever powers he is fake-claiming. Accordingly, this explanation, while necessary, isn't too helpful in deciding if we should buy this claim or not.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm

It gives the source material, then a description of the character. New Guy was from Blues Brothers, the movie (as opposed to the SNL skit or the video game I suppose). Then it described him as a tall man with a cheap suit.

Ghost was a gross looking man (all covered in dirt and such).

Chap was from the Tale of 47 Ronin and he was quite regal looking.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm

spiesr wrote:Initial thoughts on Doom's claim:
*Yet another investigative role? We already had a Tracker and a Watcher. And I am a regular cop, so unless my sanity is random results (making me useless) then I think we may have too many here. At the very least it makes me wonder why the town would need this many. Are the scum that strong? If so there might be more than 1 left?
*Seems almost too convenient that two of your targets died the night you investigated them (thus rendering your action useless) and the other was the first person to claim in the game. Your results appear to give us no information whatsoever. Admittedly I am not really one to talk as two of my targets are dead and the other result has it's usefulness gutted by the possibility of a Godfather. At least I have it going for me that if you go back and read the subject line of my posts on pages 55 and 58 you can see where I claimed my results. (Before the death of Chapcrap and Strikewolf.) Since you asked me, I will return the favor and ask for some explanation of why you choose the targets you did.
*A chef for a flavor cop? How punerific. Based on what we can gather from the dead scum, it appears that the scum were not given fake-claims but had to come up with their own. Safariguy used his actually character and simply changed the alignment and SomethingClever made a poorly thought out decision on his character. Does yours hold up? I don't know right now, kind of tired so I will sleep on it and hopefully have better insight tomorrow.

Holy f*ck. How did we all miss them?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:45 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
spiesr wrote:Initial thoughts on Doom's claim:

Holy f*ck. How did we all miss them?

Trippy, but brilliant.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:30 am

I am in this game because of the song Cherry Pie but I haven't contributed anything else to society.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:18 am

Well, after thinking about DoomYoshi's claim and whatnot for a little while, I come to the conclusion I find him suspicious and am not fully confident in his claim. However, I currently rank Jonty higher on my list of people to consider lynching. And if someone presents a decent reason I could probably be talked into lynching Jak or Dazza above DoomYoshi.
Anyhow, things seem to be dragging again. It seems like we just need to pick someone and go to lynch. Since at this point it seems that there is no way there could be more than two mafia left, and some signs point to only one, we can afford a mislynch if it takes us a couple days to find to correct target. At the very least someone needs to post a substantial argument one way or another on something so we can drive discussion, and with it activity in general.
Captain spiesr

Postby everywhere116 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I'll go with jonty. I have reservations about jak and his hair-trigger claiming, but I like your case on jonty.

Unvote vote jonty
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

My best guess is that the current vote count looks like this.
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:MoB Deadly:
dazza2008:
spiesr:
everywhere116:
jonty125: 2 (spiesr, everywhere)
Victor Sullivan:
new guy1:
soundman:
Doom Yoshi: 2 (Dazza, Jonty)
jak111: 1 (Doom)
NL:

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:30 am

Well I have nothing better to go on. And since he is a VT (the last mafia probably claimed VT) then I don't have a problem lynching him.

I think that somewhere in this list is the last (or if there are two, then the last two) mafia. Not in any particular order:

Dazza
Jonty
Victor
Doom
Jak

Vote Jonty
Lieutenant soundman

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:00 am

soundman wrote:Well I have nothing better to go on. And since he is a VT (the last mafia probably claimed VT) then I don't have a problem lynching him.

I think that somewhere in this list is the last (or if there are two, then the last two) mafia. Not in any particular order:

Dazza
Jonty
Victor
Doom
Jak

Vote Jonty

I think I believe the VT claims.

I don't think there would be that many investigative roles in a game this size so I will leave my vote on Doom.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

dazza2008 wrote:
soundman wrote:Well I have nothing better to go on. And since he is a VT (the last mafia probably claimed VT) then I don't have a problem lynching him.

Dazza
Jonty
Victor
Doom
Jak

Vote Jonty

I think I believe the VT claims.

I don't think there would be that many investigative roles in a game this size so I will leave my vote on Doom.

I agree with dazza. I cant believe there are four investigative roles in this game, thats almost a 1:3 ratio of investigative roles:other roles. Vote doom
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 am

everywhere116 wrote:I'll go with jonty. I have reservations about jak and his hair-trigger claiming, but I like your case on jonty.

Unvote vote jonty

Where is this case??
Cook jonty125

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 pm

One of the first pages of the day.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm

One thing I would like to throw out there regarding Jonty.
jonty125 wrote:vote jak
Reasons:
1. Claiming VT
2. Failing to spell his role
3. Clearing yourself based on doc save
4. For saying there is only 1 3rd party
5. Then saying there is a 1/10 chance of him being mafia as if that doesn't apply to the rest of us
Doesn't it seem a little odd that you would list Jak having claimed vanilla townie as an important part of your decision to vote Jak when you are a vanilla townie yourself?
jonty125 wrote:Well if we lynch all vanilla claims it forces mafia to claim something else which therefore can be tested. Also, 5 mafia in a 17 player game. This includes a SK. Does anyone think that could be slightly anti-town balanced. I have no idea if there is another 3rd party but you can't just write it off.
Maybe we should with your own idea of lynching everyone who claims vanilla townie?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 pm

spiesr wrote:One thing I would like to throw out there regarding Jonty.
jonty125 wrote:vote jak
Reasons:
1. Claiming VT
2. Failing to spell his role
3. Clearing yourself based on doc save
4. For saying there is only 1 3rd party
5. Then saying there is a 1/10 chance of him being mafia as if that doesn't apply to the rest of us
Doesn't it seem a little odd that you would list Jak having claimed vanilla townie as an important part of your decision to vote Jak when you are a vanilla townie yourself?
jonty125 wrote:Well if we lynch all vanilla claims it forces mafia to claim something else which therefore can be tested. Also, 5 mafia in a 17 player game. This includes a SK. Does anyone think that could be slightly anti-town balanced. I have no idea if there is another 3rd party but you can't just write it off.
Maybe we should with your own idea of lynching everyone who claims vanilla townie?

That is an interesting point.

unvote vote jonty
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Well the idea was lynch the first VT claim, so mafia can't claim it and forced to claim something else but now I suppose you could lynch me but all I can say is I'm town, don't lynch me. And BTW as these are going to be one of my last words please consider #1 - Jak being unable to spell his claim look who else spelt their claim wrong and what faction they were. #2 - Doom, 4 investigative roles???
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives