Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape for deserter

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Ok, I take issue with Some7's post tally from day 2. To say that you've posted 4-5 times is just not accurate if you take into account that like 3 of them were fluff posts regarding you being busy over the weekend. You're deliberately trying to make yourself seem active when everyone can clearly see you haven't really posted much of value. Simply quoting and agreeing with a case doesn't count as contributing.

I'm with Yoshi here, I think you're misinterpreting the wording of his post, I didn't detect anything scummy on the first read and I don't now.

vote Something7

And the thing about misinterpretation I already said that I didn't see anything scummy so I think ur misreading what I said
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:[
i looked at this last night and thought i had saw something but looking at it today with awake eyes i realize that i dont see anything in this
so the points i thought were good end up being faulty
but like i said if i saw more evidence then i could look into that but i really dont see anything with awake eyes
i know this sounds like skimming but i deffinitaly read through the entire thing and feel like i was looking for something to be there
)
And to new guy about my inactivity on day 1 I thought I'd already explained this that I thought it was joke voting and being new didn't know how to handle it I don't know how else u want me to say it

the point is, thats the case against you. i know you explained it, but thats why you are being pressured.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:09 am

new guy1 wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Ok, I take issue with Some7's post tally from day 2. To say that you've posted 4-5 times is just not accurate if you take into account that like 3 of them were fluff posts regarding you being busy over the weekend. You're deliberately trying to make yourself seem active when everyone can clearly see you haven't really posted much of value. Simply quoting and agreeing with a case doesn't count as contributing.

I'm with Yoshi here, I think you're misinterpreting the wording of his post, I didn't detect anything scummy on the first read and I don't now.

vote Something7

And the thing about misinterpretation I already said that I didn't see anything scummy so I think ur misreading what I said
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:[
i looked at this last night and thought i had saw something but looking at it today with awake eyes i realize that i dont see anything in this
so the points i thought were good end up being faulty
but like i said if i saw more evidence then i could look into that but i really dont see anything with awake eyes
i know this sounds like skimming but i deffinitaly read through the entire thing and feel like i was looking for something to be there
)
And to new guy about my inactivity on day 1 I thought I'd already explained this that I thought it was joke voting and being new didn't know how to handle it I don't know how else u want me to say it

the point is, thats the case against you. i know you explained it, but thats why you are being pressured.

Ok well I guess I didn't know what to expect
But if im being pressured for being inactive why is everyone else not being pressured as well
Just a question lol cause here we are on Thursday and we still have people who have posted only once or twice and even none at all on day two
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am

Ooops. I forgot about this game :oops: :oops:

I will catch up on the reading later today and post my thoughts.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am

chapcrap wrote:Also, the case on you was not just based on the fact that you hadn't posted on Day 2. It's that you were highly inactive on Day 1 and it spilled into Day 2 and you had been seen active in other areas of the site (according to strike).

well im sure in all my games i was also inactive for day one and if i said anything it was mostly fluff
safariguy5 wrote:Ok, I take issue with Some7's post tally from day 2. To say that you've posted 4-5 times is just not accurate if you take into account that like 3 of them were fluff posts regarding you being busy over the weekend.

and obviously fluff post dont count
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Just a question lol cause here we are on Thursday and we still have people who have posted only once or twice and even none at all on day two

I originally wasn't going to vote for Some7 but this post as he appears to be floundering and panicking. This means he is probably unwilling to claim so vote Some7hingCLEVER
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 am

Just checking in to say today and the next couple of days are going to be busy for me. I'll try to post something of substance soon but right now I'm not even completely read up on the last page or so.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am

Hey, sorry for the absence for the last day or two, I was temporarily banned for suspicion of multiple accounts. On a related note, you are going to need to replace la galleta, as he was busted for real(?).

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Ok, I take issue with Some7's post tally from day 2. To say that you've posted 4-5 times is just not accurate if you take into account that like 3 of them were fluff posts regarding you being busy over the weekend.
But, you included fluff posts in your tally of how many time everyone posted today. And more importantly you used the way they made your post count higher than some other players to try and prove a point.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Also, the case on you was not just based on the fact that you hadn't posted on Day 2. It's that you were highly inactive on Day 1 and it spilled into Day 2 and you had been seen active in other areas of the site (according to strike).

well im sure in all my games i was also inactive for day one and if i said anything it was mostly fluff

I'm not even really sure what you're trying to say here. Are you being sarcastic? And you are re-quoting me. You've already spoken to what I said. This is baffling and it seems you are more than just new. Benefit of doubt removed. unvote vote CLEVER
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:29 pm

okay so what I've seen. People are accusing Some7hing of posting a lot of fluff and comes back detailing how much people have posted during the day using the fluff posts as evidence of him posting more than others. This does seem both hypocritical and using fluff to make himself look better. From what I read. prior to his list: He posted 2 fluff posts. one ebwop of a fluff post and a somewhat meaningful post where he states he agrees with the doomyoshi case that Ghostly brought forward but does not actually express what part of the case he actually agrees with. His post with the list shows that he agrees with Ghostly for the part of the case that he can NOT actually prove as he hasn't been in other games with Doomyoshi to judge Yoshi's normal level of activity and the part that was inaccurate in Ghostly's case about Yoshi going after Ghostly because of what he said about Soundman. From there he goes into saying that he thought Day 1 was all joke votes? Even if he was not able to interpret the cases presented as serious cases I fail to see how that explains his absense.

After reading his posts, I have no impression that Some7hing has even fully read the thread. I'd hop on the bandwagon but I am not sure what the vote count is currently and I believe he is getting close to a lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 pm

He is no where near a lynch. I was only the fourth vote.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 pm

chapcrap wrote:He is no where near a lynch. I was only the fourth vote.

Really? *looks back* ah okay. Okay. yeah. I counted Ghostly's vote twice (he voted then corrected his vote).

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:31 pm

strike wolf wrote:
chapcrap wrote:He is no where near a lynch. I was only the fourth vote.

Really? *looks back* ah okay. Okay. yeah. I counted Ghostly's vote twice (he voted then corrected his vote).

ebwop: vote some7thing

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:44 pm

spiesr wrote:Hey, sorry for the absence for the last day or two, I was temporarily banned for suspicion of multiple accounts. On a related note, you are going to need to replace la galleta, as he was busted for real(?).

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
But, you included fluff posts in your tally of how many time everyone posted today. And more importantly you used the way they made your post count higher than some other players to try and prove a point.

But in a later post I stated that even without those I still was more active than many players in the game
And no it wasn't sarcasm you said fluff post didn't count so why should they count when it's being put against me
The way you guys are building this case is that the "fluff"rule counts when im tallying up myself in how many times I've posted in this game
but that when counting on other games that fluff Does count towards being active im just pointing out that statements are being bent to make me look guilty
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
spiesr wrote:Hey, sorry for the absence for the last day or two, I was temporarily banned for suspicion of multiple accounts. On a related note, you are going to need to replace la galleta, as he was busted for real(?).

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:

But in a later post I stated that even without those I still was more active than many players in the game
And no it wasn't sarcasm you said fluff post didn't count so why should they count when it's being put against me
The way you guys are building this case is that the "fluff"rule counts when im tallying up myself in how many times I've posted in this game
but that when counting on other games that fluff Does count towards being active im just pointing out that statements are being bent to make me look guilty

Yeah..."active". Great way for scum to play the "activity" card while not really saying anything useful and not scumhunting.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:

Yeah..."active". Great way for scum to play the "activity" card while not really saying anything useful and not scumhunting.

Ok so your saying im not technically active which makes me inactive? So no mater what i say in everyone's eyes i am scum?
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby new guy1 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:50 pm

i have to say, he is being "active" even though he isnt adding much to the conversation. he is a noob, and im not saying that means hes not scum, im just saying that means he will make more mistakes then everybody who isnt a noob anymore.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby dazza2008 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 am

I have caught up now.

To me Clever is seeming the scummiest. He is posting but not contributing much and seems a bit panicy with the pressure on him. Really not sure if if it is scummy or just noobish. I think we need to find out 1 way or the other though.

Vote Clever.

Sorry for my inactivity to. I will try my best not to let it happen again.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Can I get a vote count? Can I get a FUCKING vote count?!?

Hell, I could get a vote count by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with an updated first post. These fucking amateurs...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby spiesr on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 pm

new guy1 wrote:i have to say, he is being "active" even though he isnt adding much to the conversation. he is a noob, and im not saying that means hes not scum, im just saying that means he will make more mistakes then everybody who isnt a noob anymore.
Now, see here, I think that newguy has a valid point. There is a difference between being inactive and being present but not terribly helpful. Being inactive means you either aren't reading the thread or you are submarining. At this point in time, somethingclever isn't exactly being inactive by that definition. He is here and has posted something up to date and mostly coherent, meaning he has presumably read the thread and is aware of what is going on. He hasn't really made any posts that help advance the game in any meaningful way, but that is a slightly different crime than simple inactivity.
That said, I have some hesitations about the case building up on SomethingClever. It is not that I have any indication that is actually town or anything, but that I am not seeing much of anything that really makes me think he is scum. Right now I cannot support this case personally, as I feel that it is just not based on things that I can really connect with indicating him to be scum. This feeling hasn't reached the point where I feel like calling out those on the case, as we don't have diddly much else to work with right now. I don't know, hopefully this weekend I can get some time to look over everuthing we have and see if I can scratch anything interesting out of the woodwork.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 am

and through that post, i am not saying i defend him completly, im just saying he is a noob, and i remember in my first game i had no idea what to post. as a noob, it is hard to defend yourself and as a noob you make errors. im not saying that i do not believe he is scum, i am just saying that i do not support the case going against him as i do not believe there is substantial evidence to support it. it may be foolish to give him the benifit of the doubt as a noob, but as of right now i do not believe he has done anything wrong.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 am

Vote Count

MoB Deadly:
dazza2008:
Some7hingCLEVER: 6 (Saf, ghostly, jonty, chapcrap, strike, dazza)
spiesr:
pancakemix:
jonty125:
Victor Sullivan:
new guy1:
chapcrap:
soundman:
ghostly447:
safariguy5:
strike wolf:
Doom Yoshi:
la galleta:
NL:

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Please, I'd like to see more activity. I will set a deadline in a day or two if I don't see activity increase.

ghostly wrote:I forgot to unvote. Now vote CLEVER

Just to put this out there, I kinda go the fircoal route regarding unvotes. You can use them if you want, but they aren't necessary. I don't see the point in unvotes only to revote in the same post.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Sorry, I am as guilty as anyone here for inactivity.

I am having a difficult time getting a proper read on clever.
It's tough to figure out whether or not his scum tells are due to flipping out to pressure from being a n00b in his first pressure situation, or if this is due to him being scum caught in his first pressure situation.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Sorry, I am as guilty as anyone here for inactivity.

It's tough to figure out whether or not his scum tells are due to flipping out to pressure from being a n00b in his first pressure situation, or if this is due to him being scum caught in his first pressure situation.

I pretty much agree with this. I think the only way to find out is to pressure him enough to get a claim then take it from there.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby soundman on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:47 pm

dazza2008 wrote:

I pretty much agree with this. I think the only way to find out is to pressure him enough to get a claim then take it from there.

He's at L2... How much more pressure is it going to take?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby dazza2008 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:50 pm

soundman wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:

He's at L2... How much more pressure is it going to take?

Ah. None :oops:
Corporal dazza2008

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives