Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (10/17)[D4] A Tale of Revenge & Sh

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:06 am

After another night of big hair and cheap rock, Erik felt pretty good. After all, everybody loved "Cherry Pie," or so he thought. Others in the defense force felt he hadn't actually done anything, and perhaps was a hidden enemy.

"All he does is sing that crass song," said one.

"Ugh, it's horrible," remarked another.

"Let's string him up, just to be sure. Then we'll listen to some Pantera."

jonty125, Erik Turner, VT has been lynched.

Let's do... 48ish hours. Have your actions in by the end of Sunday, day will start Monday morning.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (9/17)[N4] No More Cherry Pie.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 am

After a guilt-ridden night, the camp awoke, expecting more death. To everybody's surprise, no violence had visited them that night. With new determination, they set off to find and kill the Kingpin, eager to end this nightmare.

No deaths last night. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day Five go!

-Tails

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (9/17)[D5] Auspicious Dawn

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 am

Interesting. No deaths.

MoB, Soundman, I believe you know what information we want. Same with speisr and Doom.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:47 am

Investigated Jak, got innocent result.
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Unfortunately it looks like the mafia decided not to kill so our actions will probably not tell us anything. Did you get anything that doesn't match their claim, Doom?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby dazza2008 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 pm

soundman wrote:Unfortunately it looks like the mafia decided not to kill so our actions will probably not tell us anything. Did you get anything that doesn't match their claim, Doom?

How do you know they chose not to? You could have blocked or MoB got a save in. Who did you block?
Corporal dazza2008

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:09 pm

For now I'd like to hear who MoB saved and who Soundman blocked, no going around it or saying what if's. I'm not 100% for or against that they chose not to kill. But I'd like to know who it MAY be if they tried.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm

jak111 wrote:For now I'd like to hear who MoB saved and who Soundman blocked, no going around it or saying what if's. I'm not 100% for or against that they chose not to kill. But I'd like to know who it MAY be if they tried.
Indeed. We can talk all we want about fallacies and ploys, but we need all information available to us.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Hey guy, get Soundman a little bit of credit here. He knows what he is doing and everything will be clear when the time is right...
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:08 pm

I didn't get anything last night. It seems I was roleblocked.

I am starting to think I know who the last scummy is though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I didn't get anything last night. It seems I was roleblocked.

I am starting to think I know who the last scummy is though.
Who was you attempted target?
Captain spiesr

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Hmm, soundman, did you block Doom?

Also IF the kingpin is not a god father that'd leave us with

Dazza and Sully.

But I believe he is or might as well be. So we still have

Jak (me)
Dazza
Sully
Doom

left. Unless soundman states that he did not block Doom, I am going to say I'd put my finger on Dazza. Just a hunch at this point, so without further ado and because no more cases are presented since no one will give out what they did last night to lower the list any. I am going to go with my gut.

Vote Dazza
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:43 pm

I believe that if Doom was blocked, and there was no NK last night, then Doom would be labeled as Kingpin in my mind. Just my two cents worth, so Vote Doomyoshi
Sergeant new guy1

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 pm

new guy1 wrote:I believe that if Doom was blocked, and there was no NK last night, then Doom would be labeled as Kingpin in my mind. Just my two cents worth, so Vote Doomyoshi

I think you're right, for a reason that I just noticed. But I want to hear from sound. It's possible a gambit was going on.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I think you're right, for a reason that I just noticed. But I want to hear from sound. It's possible a gambit was going on.
Yeah, the reason that I asked everybody to not try and squeeze Soundman's night target about before DoomYoshi claimed his action is that I suspect that Soundman was setting a trap to try and see if DoomYoshi would make the incorrect response as to if he was blocked or not. It hinges on the possibility that the reason that not even an attempted kill was in the scene being that the scum did no send in any kill action. I have a feeling that the posts on the matter from those who didn't see it may have tipped DoomYoshi off to the possibility of such a trap. Fortunately, we may still have a chance of said trap being successful even if DoomYoshi did see it. Basically the gambit could work one of two ways. The first option is that Soundman blocked DoomYoshi and that Doom claims to get results not realizing that he had actually been blocked. The second option is the reverse, Doom thinks that he would have been blocked when in reality Soundman either blocked someone else or nobody at all. The double layer option to this trap makes it harder for scum to know how to respond if they realize it has been set up. They can take a guess and maybe get lucky, but there is a least a shot that they will choose wrong.
Captain spiesr

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Subtext. Reading between the lines. Sometimes not presenting all the information to the town and making the discussion open is better. Crap.

Doom has already claimed to be blocked. We might as well wait for sound to get back with his night action choice.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:36 pm

I chose to investigate spiesr last night. People mentioned that 4 investigative roles was too many and I agree. Now this is a ridiculous gambit, but I think that spiesr may have realized there was no cop and sold chapcrap in order to win the game. The reason being that 2 mafia were down, and a desperate action is needed. Now, I know I am probably going to get lynched tonight. However, when I flip town continue as you are. Remember when it is down to 3 of you to kill spiesr though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I chose to investigate spiesr last night. People mentioned that 4 investigative roles was too many and I agree. Now this is a ridiculous gambit, but I think that spiesr may have realized there was no cop and sold chapcrap in order to win the game. The reason being that 2 mafia were down, and a desperate action is needed. Now, I know I am probably going to get lynched tonight. However, when I flip town continue as you are. Remember when it is down to 3 of you to kill spiesr though.
A quick rebuttal before I am done for the night. While the idea of me selling out chapcrap in an attempt to gain enough town credability to slide all the way to the end with a cop claim seems interesting and maybe plausible enough when taken soley as the idea, it doesn't really seem to work in context in my opinion. Let's look back, when was it that I started my case on Chapcrap (and hid my claimed result on him)? It was day 3. The exact timing is of some importance. It was before Mob made his claim ensuring SomethingClever would be the lynch for the day, yet after SomethingClever blundered enough to make his lynch a real possibility again. Two mafia were not down, one was and another had a claim that had been believed the day before, but was in the process of wandering down the road to self incrimination. Why would I choose that time to sellout Chapcrap? If what I wanted was credibility, couldn't I have picked some up from leading a lynch against SomethingClever? Having been one of the few people who wanted to lynch him during day 2 I think people would have accepted me doing so. Why would I sacrifice my partner who was not under any meaningful levels of suspicion when it would have been easier to toss the one who was on their way to talking them-self into a lynch and who I had a history of going against anyway? Look what ended up happening anyway. Mob counters SomethingClever and he is quickly lynched while my vote sits on Chapcrap as the only vote that anybody got around to casting before the bandwagon. Then Strike goes and night kills Clever, possibly picking up on the meaning behind my case against him. (Assuming that he knew his target was scum.)
Come on, if you want to make a case against me at least pick something better than that as your base. Like maybe the way I kinda wanted to lynch Soundman over Safariguy or something?

Also, if I "realized there was no cop" then what are you?
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:54 am

Yes I did block Doom last night. I didn't want to say anything right off because I was hoping he's say he got investigation results. It was a long shot and even if he is mafia I think he's too experienced to fall into that trap. Oh well.

So anyway before I sent in my action I made up a list and checked my research after Jonty came up VT.
Here are all those left. Crossed out means I believe their claims:
Mob
Spiesr
Everywhere
New Guy
Dazza - Believe (But not enough to cross out)
Victor
Doom
Jak - Believe (But not enough to cross out)

So I blocked Doom last night. Doesn't tell us much since the mafia didn't attempt a kill. (I'm going off the scene here, no struggle and no signs of a save). I had the thought that Doom could be telling the truth and in fact be a Flavor Cop. But he could be a MAFIA Flavor Cop. Victor has been really quiet and at this point in the game I don't think that's like him. Doing a little math, as long as there is only one mafia left then we can work our way through the list and come out on top even with a few mislynches. So I'm going to Vote Doom. If he's not mafia then we can take Victor tomorrow. Unless night actions come up with something else.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby new guy1 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 am

Well I am going to say that since Doom claimed flavor cop and claimed to investigate people who had either claimed/ were dead anyways, I found his claim faulty. So I will Vote Doomyoshi if I havent already. I will go back and look right now.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 am

Scratch the post above I already voted!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Hm I didn't know I was still technically in this game, I just skimmed what happened since my last post. I was not PMed to submit an action last night and therefore missed it.

I believe soundman blocked the kill last night.

vote doom

I 100% will NOT be in the country from 3/31 -> 4/11, so.. I cannot physically read or post in that time frame.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (9/17)[D5]I will not lynch a towni

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Hmm, well the problem I have is that I sort of believe Doom's claim and will not take part of this lynching, so my vote stays on Dazza.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby everywhere116 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:35 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I chose to investigate spiesr last night. People mentioned that 4 investigative roles was too many and I agree. Now this is a ridiculous gambit, but I think that spiesr may have realized there was no cop and sold chapcrap in order to win the game. The reason being that 2 mafia were down, and a desperate action is needed. Now, I know I am probably going to get lynched tonight. However, when I flip town continue as you are. Remember when it is down to 3 of you to kill spiesr though.

The thought had crossed my mind. And it would explain why speisr got an innocent result on strike instead of the third party (only knowing who the scum were, not who the SK was.) But your scenario is factually incorrect. Speisr had no reason to sell out Chap, since not an iota of suspicion was placed on either of them at the time. There were not two mafia down, only one was down (people were questioning Clever for his night action, but no one had voted for him.)

Vote Doom
Corporal everywhere116

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Vote Count

MoB Deadly:
dazza2008: 1 (jak)
spiesr:
everywhere116:
Victor Sullivan:
new guy1:
soundman:
Doom Yoshi: 4 (new guy, soundman, MoB, everywhere)
jak111:
NL:

With 9 alive it take 5 to lynch.

-Tails

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives