Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[D1 Start]

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Putting words in. My mouth? I said IF A CASE (NOY BANDWAGON) FORMS, u will YHINK about changing my vote.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:44 pm

The fact that you lead a case and then chapcrap follows is what gets me. And again, I believe that unlike a 1 lining person such as chapcrap, new guy will come in with a new reason to confirm someone else's guilt.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby soundman on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

So CMS votes no lynch, followed by New Guy voting no lynch, and then being defended by Ghostly...
I can see CMS voting for a no lynch as he's pretty new here. I think my modded game was his first and the suggestion of a no lynch on Day 1 never had a chance to come up. So I'll let him off the hook here.
However New Guy and Ghostly have both been in several games and should know that a no lynch without info is a bad thing. I'm currently going after la galleta just to get him (her?) in here but with the deadline fast approaching I'll come back to him later. It's more important now to go after scummy behavior than an inactive.
Vote new guy1

Fastposted.

After reading what New Guy just said I went and looked back at his post.
new guy1 wrote:i have always been told that a no lynch is worse then lynching a townie, i agree though, and so i unvote vote no lynch for now. if there are any leads later, then i will consider changing my vote, and i will attempt to be here when the day ends in case a case comes up where they need me to make a decision.

One thing that stands out to me is the lack of logic in this post. He votes no lynch but then says he'll change if a case comes up later. Why vote for a no lynch if he's willing to jump on a case that comes up later? Why not just wait? It seems to me he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand he thinks the day should end now (by his no lynch vote) but then on the other hand he's willing to hop on a case if brought up AND says he'll attempt to be here when the day ends. Which to me says he thinks this day will not end with everyone voting for a no lynch and ending the day early. To me this seems more scummy than just voting for a no lynch. He's voting for a no lynch but then trying to show town support by saying he'll jump on another case if needed. So again, why vote no lynch to begin with?

I think there's a good chance he's mafia trying to get an early end to the day but also trying to cover his move with what he sees as a townie statement.

Another thing that makes me suspicious is Ghostly's continued defense of him. Why does he care so much?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

VOTE COUNT

MoB Deadly:
dazza2008:
Some7hingCLEVER:
spiesr:
pancakemix:
edocsil: 1 (ghostly)
jonty125: 2 (newguy, clever)
Victor Sullivan:
crazymilkshake5:
new guy1: 6 (edoc, saf, jonty, strike, chapcrap, soundman)
chapcrap:
soundman: 1 (spiesr)
ghostly447:
safariguy5: 1 (cookie)
strike wolf:
Doom Yoshi: 1 (pcm)
la galleta: 3 (Doom, MoB, crazy)
NL:

With 17 alive it take 9 to lynch.

strike wolf wrote:It's hard for me to call Galetta inactive...he or she (the la would hint towards she but can't be sure without checking profile)

"la" is merely the correct definite article for the feminine noun "galleta," so the username is "the cookie." I don't think it denotes gender here. Also, s/he was logged on today. I will prod la galleta later tonight after work if s/he hasn't posted.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 pm

soundman wrote:So CMS votes no lynch, followed by New Guy voting no lynch, and then being defended by Ghostly...
I can see CMS voting for a no lynch as he's pretty new here. I think my modded game was his first and the suggestion of a no lynch on Day 1 never had a chance to come up. So I'll let him off the hook here.
However New Guy and Ghostly have both been in several games and should know that a no lynch without info is a bad thing. I'm currently going after la galleta just to get him (her?) in here but with the deadline fast approaching I'll come back to him later. It's more important now to go after scummy behavior than an inactive.
Vote new guy1

Fastposted.

new guy1 wrote:i have always been told that a no lynch is worse then lynching a townie, i agree though, and so i unvote vote no lynch for now. if there are any leads later, then i will consider changing my vote, and i will attempt to be here when the day ends in case a case comes up where they need me to make a decision.

One thing that stands out to me is the lack of logic in this post. He votes no lynch but then says he'll change if a case comes up later. Why vote for a no lynch if he's willing to jump on a case that comes up later? Why not just wait? It seems to me he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand he thinks the day should end now (by his no lynch vote) but then on the other hand he's willing to hop on a case if brought up AND says he'll attempt to be here when the day ends. Which to me says he thinks this day will not end with everyone voting for a no lynch and ending the day early. To me this seems more scummy than just voting for a no lynch. He's voting for a no lynch but then trying to show town support by saying he'll jump on another case if needed. So again, why vote no lynch to begin with?

I think there's a good chance he's mafia trying to get an early end to the day but also trying to cover his move with what he sees as a townie statement.

Another thing that makes me suspicious is Ghostly's continued defense of him. Why does he care so much?

Okay, wait wait wait. Hasnt anyone else ever had the urge they MUST say something to feel like they have a bookmark? I do it all the time in other games. And why do I CARE so much? Maybe something along the lines of I WOULD REAALLLLYYYYY Like to catch SCUM. Or maybe I am scum, and therefore I am talking so much so that I have attention drawn to me. REALLY? Have you EVER been in a game where someone defends a scum mate like I defend New Guy1? There is no case. Especially if it was just to say something to bookmark. It is almost as silly as you asking why I care so much when, quite clearly, the only reason would be to catch scum, and not lynch townies.

I would like to see him claim before any other votes are brought upon him. Because the way I am seeing it, there are many more people note taking action that will more than likely jump on a bandwagon just to fit in.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:28 pm

soundman wrote:So CMS votes no lynch, followed by New Guy voting no lynch, and then being defended by Ghostly...
Vote new guy1

Fastposted.

holy crap. thank you for laying out a case instead of saying "i think its scummy". i have something to defend now...
when i say no lynch, instead of just unvoting, i decided i could put no lynch, it didnt make a difference to me. i didnt think of it as ending the day early, i thought of it as a place to put my vote. by, i would think of changing my vote if there was a case, i meant what i said. if someone could come up with a case, not "i think hes scummy lets lench him", then i would think about voting for them. and yes, i said i would attempt to be here when the day was ending (and not that i wouldnt be here between) so that if there WAS a case, and it was a good case, i could vote for it. i think i got it all?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby la galleta on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm

strike wolf wrote:. It's hard for me to call Galetta inactive...he or she (the la would hint towards she but can't be sure without checking profile) posted Sunday so the inactive period really isn't that long.

My Spanish teacher stated that la means the, never really stating weather or not its masculine/feminine it just means the, with no preference to either gender.

As for not being active as all you should now this is my first game of mafia. I am used to the card game version at played camps and don't remember being much discussion about lynch or not. So i am not sure what i should be posting not knowing much. As several people stated earlier I have been reading all the post and tiring keep up with the game.

unvote for lack of suspicion
New Recruit la galleta

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Unvote because, well the cookie is back, haha and i want to see how things unfold.

also, FoS on new guy
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby spiesr on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:25 pm

new guy1 wrote:holy crap. thank you for laying out a case instead of saying "i think its scummy". i have something to defend now...
when i say no lynch, instead of just unvoting, i decided i could put no lynch, it didnt make a difference to me. i didnt think of it as ending the day early, i thought of it as a place to put my vote. by, i would think of changing my vote if there was a case, i meant what i said. if someone could come up with a case, not "i think hes scummy lets lench him", then i would think about voting for them. and yes, i said i would attempt to be here when the day was ending (and not that i wouldnt be here between) so that if there WAS a case, and it was a good case, i could vote for it. i think i got it all?
Well, the problem with this is that it appears to create a situation where you were intentionally siting on your laurels waiting for somebody else to make a case and having no intention to make any real discussion yourself.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Which cookie are you la galleta? I see multiple cookies in the picture. How am I supposed to know which cookie to talk to? I don't suppose you are related to Pancakemix, eh?

vote new guy

Well, new guy, I understand what you are saying about not understanding the difference between no lynch and no vote. If it were merely a placeholder you would be clear in my eyes. I can understand you won't make that mistake again.

However, as spiesr pointed out, the problem is that you are waiting for someone else to make a case. Admitting that creates a problem. At this point, it is time to claim. I feel we may have gotten lucky here.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:54 pm

feel you may have gotten lucky? i guess i have to claim, be right back with my "flavour" name.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 pm

i am Elwood Blues, a town mason. i can talk to my "brother" during the night. i will not make them come out and claim my honesty, as then that would be two roles out of the water instead of one. if they decide otherwise that they wish to come out and say they are my mason partner, they can at their own will.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm

First of all: ghostly, if you are going to use the defense you used for the fact that you and newguy1 aren't connected, then how do you think your argument that strike and I are connected holds water? It just doesn't. Not only would I not blindly follow a scummate just to be on the same side, even if we were scummates, I didn't follow him! I folled edoc, saf, and jonty. SW voted 4th and I was 5th to vote for you. Are all 5 of us scum? :roll:

Secondly, I believe newguy1 I think, but we have to make a case by Wednesday, so I think it's best to at least have him claim and get some information before I unvote. Sorry newguy. I don't think you're that scummy, but something has to happen on Day 1.

FASTPOSTED
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:00 pm

I started believing newguy before his claim and I also believe his claim. unvote.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 pm

thank you... someone is getting sense, but if you believed me before i claimed, why would you keep the pressure on me? just wondering, learning, not trying to make a case of it. haha
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Beliefs are often unimportant, scumtells have to be followed. Otherwise we would all make lynches off your gut feelings.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby soundman on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Unvote
I have a hard time with mason claims because mafia can so easily use that claim. But I think he's telling the truth so will unvote.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 pm

new guy1 wrote:thank you... someone is getting sense, but if you believed me before i claimed, why would you keep the pressure on me? just wondering, learning, not trying to make a case of it. haha

Because we are short on time and need at least some information going into the night.

Even if you aren't mafia, it's good for us to know what you are because then we know a role in the game and get some information. The town has to be active and pressure people. Often times, mafia members slip up when forced to claim.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 pm

unvote.

It wouldn't surprise me if ghostly is the mason partner. Are there any further actions or are you just pure mason?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 pm

as far as i know, i am just a pure mason.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am

I'm not going to unvote until newguy announces his partner. It means if one flips guilty he other is likely to as well
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 am

jonty125 wrote:I'm not going to unvote until newguy announces his partner. It means if one flips guilty he other is likely to as well

Eh, mason claims are pretty solid claims, and given it's 17 people, quite likely that we could have masons. It's not an overly large game, and while new guy's passive play does have me worried, the claim and the flavor fit. I just hope that if it comes down to MYLO, new guy isn't the one who has to make the deciding vote.

unvote
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:42 am

Haha. Well if u were my partner, you wouldn't be worried cause u know I'm town ^_^
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 am

new guy1 wrote:Haha. Well if u were my partner, you wouldn't be worried cause u know I'm town ^_^
That depends, sometimes mason pairs can contain a townie and a scum. Or were you specifically told your partner is town?
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 am

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Haha. Well if u were my partner, you wouldn't be worried cause u know I'm town ^_^
That depends, sometimes mason pairs can contain a townie and a scum. Or were you specifically told your partner is town?

Well if New guy is a Elwood Blues his mason partner would be Jake Blues aka the Blues Brother. There would be little to no chance of one being scum and the other town.

I'm a bit skeptical as a mason claim is hard to prove when the mason partner hasn't come up. But considering the theme of the game and the fact that Elwood would make a perfect mason. I will Unvote
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives