Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Capulet Victory. +Paris+John

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Capulet Victory. +Paris+John

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I am curious to see edoc's postgame comments.

Me too. Generals too. Did he not promise "Someone is going to get verbally ass fucked" :o :shock:
Captain dazza2008

Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (29) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (21)

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

chapcrap wrote:
zimmah wrote:
chapcrap wrote:The game probably shouldn't have been over. I actually didn't reach my WC.

All Montegues were supposed to be dead for me to win.

Also, those of you voting for edoc or general as the MVP: :roll: Losers should not get the MVP.

Additionally, I think it was silly to alternate vig kills without actually telling the vigs. What was the point of that?

i explained that in a previous post.

i also disagree with losers not being allowed to MVP. a good player can lose even though he played very well, you can't control everything.

and i chose to endgame it because the montegues had no real way of winning anymore, even the two masons in the capulet side would eventually be able to win the game if needed, and capulet had ther whole house while montegue only had 2 players left, and pmc (and probably others) knew exactly who was in which team. it would have just taken 1 more speedlynch day like the last 2 and another predicatable night.

no need to prolong the game when the outcome is clear.

You didn't explain it in a previous post. You explained why it was like that for balance reasons. You didn't explain why the vigs were left in the dark about it. If you would have let the game run its course before ending it early, safari would not have won as third party. He was likely going to be lynched today. So, the winners would have been different.

you could be right about the survivors indeed. maybe i did end it prematurely, but the game was basically 'over'.

and i didn't tell the vigs because i wanted to let them figure it out themselves. some people realised it and posted in the forums that they thought the vigs had alternating nights, you didn't seem to pick it up or believe it though.

i did write that some roles may have twists, known or unknown.

i also think this theme could also be used as a more open setup, where you have 3 or 4 possible role combinations that are known from the start, and one of those role combinations is chosen at random. (like a c9)
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
Lieutenant zimmah

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Postby edocsil on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:This game seems like it just started. Congrats to those who won. I am curious to see edoc's postgame comments.

RAAAAAAGE!!!!

Absolutely NO WAY for my original WC to happen due to events under my control.

IF Paris randomly died, and Juliet, I and Lawrence AND the Governor all lived (i didn't know governor existed) we could have done a gov style NL to win. Otherwise I basically have to convince 10 odd guys or so to do a NL. Hard to sell.

Oh, here is the trick, if I won, every surviving family member lost. So I had to get this WC done before one family was wiped out, and convince every survive family member to lose.

And I am a MOTHER FUCKING HIDER/LOVER. One who could hide every other night.

I mean, Jesus.

So the Lawrence dies (He had to live as per my WC) Guess what happens? All I have to do is live till the end of the game to win.

WHAT THE f*ck!

So it goes from impossible to embarrassingly easy. Anyone think my gameplay MIGHT have been just a touch different if I knew I just had to hide to win???

And then I was speed lynched. Thanks guys.

Now I am just venting pretty hardcore, but DAMN this game has me pulling out my hair. 4 roughly equal factions is a bear to balance, but my WC was as it is, and the others had to merely survive/kill off another faction. I had no kill, no nothing. I was a little hard to kill, so was general, but for fucks sake with incompatible WCs from the rest of you this was never, ever going to end with me and Juliet wining.

Ever.

:x
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Romeo and Juliet Mafia

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm

pmchugh wrote:Hey I would be interested in hearing your post game comments, the game is now over.

Ghostly, bleed_green, newguy1, if you are easily offended, don't read this.

show: Endgame Comments
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Kinda wished I hadn't asked. It is fair enough to criticise a persons play or lack of activity but you don't need to stoop to saying, "You're fucking retarded".
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) General Contribution (1)

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:46 pm

pmchugh wrote:Kinda wished I hadn't asked. It is fair enough to criticise a persons play or lack of activity but you don't need to stoop to saying, "You're fucking retarded".

Not voting with your faction when it is necessary to win the game = gamethrowing or mental retardation. I'm taking a stab in the dark in saying they didn't intend to lose. The only available option is their complete and utter lack of mental faculties. I have thought about what to say for days since the game has ended. I typed that post many times, reread it, erased it, and typed it again. There is simply no other way to look at.
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

should have let me kill dazza when I had the chance general,instead of letting everyone sway the vote away from him or let the montague vig him
Sergeant jgordon1111

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:17 am

pmchugh wrote:Kinda wished I hadn't asked. It is fair enough to criticise a persons play or lack of activity but you don't need to stoop to saying, "You're fucking retarded".

It was rude. Personally I think he has a few points. We had the people we needed, but the Montages just folded their cards.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives