Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Japanese - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Japanese - D1! 11/~11

Postby edocsil on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 am

5 days into D1 9 to go.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby freezie on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Am not convinced about voting the inactive. Edocsil, can you please prod Drake instead?

Unvote

Vote: Jonty

For simply voting the inactive.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby edocsil on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm

done
Edoc'sil

Postby freezie on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 am

I'll also note that soundman is the next ''inactive'' if you follow the list. He did post after drake though.

However, since the prod ( Thanks Edoc ) we might have something to go on..for now.

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 am

freezie wrote:I'll also note that soundman is the next ''inactive'' if you follow the list. He did post after drake though.

However, since the prod ( Thanks Edoc ) we might have something to go on..for now.

Unvote Vote freezie For saying I'm next!

It seems like we're kinda moving out of the joke vote stage but not quite there yet. Do we want to pressure an inactive? Because that's all we got at this point.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby freezie on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:31 am

soundman wrote:
freezie wrote:I'll also note that soundman is the next ''inactive'' if you follow the list. He did post after drake though.

It seems like we're kinda moving out of the joke vote stage but not quite there yet. Do we want to pressure an inactive? Because that's all we got at this point.

Saying you're next that might need a prod, yea. Not anymore. As far as inactives....read about...4 posts earlier. -.-

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:41 am

freezie wrote:
soundman wrote:

Saying you're next that might need a prod, yea. Not anymore. As far as inactives....read about...4 posts earlier. -.-

I know your stance on it. I was asking everyone else.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby freezie on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 am

soundman wrote:
freezie wrote:
soundman wrote:

And strike. And jonty.

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:46 am

freezie wrote:
soundman wrote:
freezie wrote:
soundman wrote:

And strike. And jonty.

Strike hasn't given his opinion. Though jonty has.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 am

freezie wrote:Am not convinced about voting the inactive. Edocsil, can you please prod Drake instead?

Unvote

That's pretty standard. I'm not saying it's a great strategy, but it is D1.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby freezie on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
freezie wrote:Am not convinced about voting the inactive. Edocsil, can you please prod Drake instead?

Unvote

-Tails

I am aware. But I'll counter the standard and try to shake things up. Anyway I am not a huge fan of going for inactives. Not until it becomes submarining.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 am

freezie wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Unvote

-Tails

I am aware. But I'll counter the standard and try to shake things up. Anyway I am not a huge fan of going for inactives. Not until it becomes submarining.

Oh yeah, I'm with you there. I almost never vote the inactives, I generally leave that to Saf (lol), but imo voting the guy who votes for the inactive is pretty much the same as voting an inactive (what a mouthful). It's a knee-jerk strategy for D1. It might be more tenable if the game was further along...

Then again, we don't have much else...

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby drake_259 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:54 am

I was dreading receiving some votes for my in-activeness, anyhow I originally wanted to be on the reserve list because d1 is horrific and was gonna let someone else have a go and just replace if needed. I didn't post after my vote because i have yet had something to say and last 2 days out of town, but here now so shouldn't be any problems now. (sorry didn't let you know, didn't know myself, had to take my risk turns in a McDonald's but had no time to get into mafia)

Anyway there is still a whole load of random crap going around, which is why it has lead to lynch the inactive, i understand that but it's not gonna do a much great of deal with about 25% of the inactive being a mafia. I agree with this when we are completely stuck but just remember, being inactive doesn't give a better chance of that person being scum. So if they can be prodded to talk or replaced, they are always the recommended options to avoid hitting a nice power role without them even getting to claim in some cases. I agree with placing a few votes on an inactive though as usually if they keep drifting off and only post on every prod then, they need to be voted for to help them talk.
Corporal drake_259

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 am

drake_259 wrote: with about 25% of the inactive being a mafia.

How did you work this out?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby drake_259 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 am

jonty125 wrote:

4 towns to 1 mafia ratio, and will be 3 mafia so about 27.3% they will be.

Surely you knew this
Corporal drake_259

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:30 am

drake is clearly privy to insider information about the mafia, I say we lynch him. It also looks like he's trying to make jonty look suspicious. A true slip or merely a ruse? Hard to tell...
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby drake_259 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:40 am

MeDeFe wrote:drake is clearly privy to insider information about the mafia, I say we lynch him. It also looks like he's trying to make jonty look suspicious. A true slip or merely a ruse? Hard to tell...

What inside information? what that that is the common ratio? or that this is the 3rd game of this series? both previous games have had 3 mafia so the question im going to ask you, why do u think there will be 2 or 4?
Corporal drake_259

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 am

drake_259 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Surely you knew this

4 towns to 1 mafia??
that would mean with 3 mafia there would be 12 towns making a total of 15 people in an 11 player game. :-s

drake259 wrote:both previous games have had 3 mafia so the question im going to ask you, why do u think there will be 2 or 4?

Who know Yahweh might have made his troops powerful and Satan needs 4 to counter-balance or vice versa. Satan could have split his forces into two pairs of two. Who knows? (Actually scum and the mod will know)
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:40 am

jonty125 wrote:
drake_259 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Surely you knew this

4 towns to 1 mafia??
that would mean with 3 mafia there would be 12 towns making a total of 15 people in an 11 player game. :-s

drake259 wrote:both previous games have had 3 mafia so the question im going to ask you, why do u think there will be 2 or 4?

Who know Yahweh might have made his troops powerful and Satan needs 4 to counter-balance or vice versa. Satan could have split his forces into two pairs of two. Who knows? (Actually scum and the mod will know)

Actually I have no idea what the setup is. Closed my eyes when I sent out the possible roles. Fun for everyone!
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 am

edocsil wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
drake_259 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Surely you knew this

4 towns to 1 mafia??

Actually I have no idea what the setup is. Closed my eyes when I sent out the possible roles. Fun for everyone!

I will correct my statement then EBWOP
jonty125 wrote:Who knows? (Actually scum and the mod ultimate gods will know)
Cook jonty125

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 pm

edocsil wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
drake_259 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Surely you knew this

4 towns to 1 mafia??

But...what? How is that possible? Are you telling us that you don't know who everyone is?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby edocsil on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 pm

God, I wish. That would be a funny game.
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 pm

edocsil wrote:God, I wish. That would be a funny game.

So Satan & Yawheh don't pick sides :(
Cook jonty125

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 pm

edocsil wrote:God, I wish. That would be a funny game.

I'm confused how you send out the roles with your eyes closed, then.

Will spend next few minutes reading, preparing post.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

drake_259 wrote:I was dreading receiving some votes for my in-activeness, anyhow I originally wanted to be on the reserve list because d1 is horrific and was gonna let someone else have a go and just replace if needed. I didn't post after my vote because i have yet had something to say and last 2 days out of town, but here now so shouldn't be any problems now. (sorry didn't let you know, didn't know myself, had to take my risk turns in a McDonald's but had no time to get into mafia)

Anyway there is still a whole load of random crap going around, which is why it has lead to lynch the inactive, i understand that but it's not gonna do a much great of deal with about 25% of the inactive being a mafia. I agree with this when we are completely stuck but just remember, being inactive doesn't give a better chance of that person being scum. So if they can be prodded to talk or replaced, they are always the recommended options to avoid hitting a nice power role without them even getting to claim in some cases. I agree with placing a few votes on an inactive though as usually if they keep drifting off and only post on every prod then, they need to be voted for to help them talk.

It's still good policy to vote out inactive players. They clog the game down, make lynches impossible, cause threads to stagnate, etc. In the absence of any other information, it's the best way to go.

Same goes for Freezie and Tail too.
Corporal everywhere116

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives