HP: fight for freedom. Game over. Wizards won.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: HP: fight for freedom. Day 8, a second death. (8/18)

Postby Djfireside on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Alright so just to put it up this is what we have.

1) Nebuchadnezer -- Ron Weasley -- Mason, investigated by Strike
3) Tails -- Lily -- Watcher
4) Strike Wolf -- Cop(Auror)
8 ) Everywhere116 -- Madam Pomphry Doc
9) Spiesr -- Neville Longbottom -- investigated by Strike
15) DJfireside -- Ginny -- Future Auror
17) Alt -- Hermonie -- Mason -- investigated by Strike
18) Iron Butterfly -- Centaur, Not a wizard came up.

So we have a recuirter and a recruity and I believe the rest would be town.
GRIM REAPERS
Major Djfireside

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Djfireside wrote:Alright so just to put it up this is what we have.

1) Nebuchadnezer -- Ron Weasley -- Mason, investigated by Strike
3) Tails -- Lily -- Watcher
4) Strike Wolf -- Cop(Auror)
8 ) Everywhere116 -- Madam Pomphry Doc
9) Spiesr -- Neville Longbottom -- investigated by Strike
15) DJfireside -- Ginny -- Future Auror
17) Alt -- Hermonie -- Mason -- investigated by Strike
18) Iron Butterfly -- Centaur, Not a wizard came up.

So we have a recuirter and a recruity and I believe the rest would be town.
Correct. An now that you are here and not currently voting, can you hammer so we can move on?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Djfireside on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 pm

That is actually what I am debating at this current moment and doing the math. If I am right and there are 2 scum left, that would mean that after this it will be 2v4 meaning we cant be wrong twice. I am torn and want to pull the trigger on IB just to see if I was actually right but in doing so negates the fact that I tend to believe them. I just have gotten a bad feeling from Spies but dont have enough really to push them over the edge. Ill post what I found in case I wake up dead in the morning.

spiesr wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Why would Wolf not target me at any point of the game to prove the validity of his investigations? I have been the only, "not a wiozard"

just askin.

A valid point.
On the other hand, now Stikewolf has investigated every living player except for you and Tails. So, tomorrow we should be able to make significant progress towards determining the nature of Strike's role. Depending on what role you turn out to have and who dies in the night we should be able to find out if:
There is a recruiter, thus invalidating previous results.
Strike is either naive or actually scum and lying about it all.
Tails is scum.

Anyhow we still need to hear from Tails...

Curious to his statement of Tails is scum and strike is lying but makes no movement on it and turns to

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Spiesr...care to claim any night actions?
I do not have any results that have any foreseeable impact on today's lynch. I can give the full claim if you really want.

Vote Ironbutterfly. I feel we have covered all necessary bases for the day.

However, everyone pretty much has had a role that has something coming from it and his is marked the same as fumbler but no noted action which has not occured yet. I know I am similar but mine clearly states that I have a possibility to gain an action. They are stating they are a straight VT which by all accounts hasnt happened yet.

Now that it is out, I am fighting with myself on it but will more than likely pull the trigger on IB but wanted to at least get my current thoughts out.
GRIM REAPERS
Major Djfireside

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Ron and Hermione are masons it's not a recruiter recruitee deal.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Somewhere along the line, the idea that there would be a werewolf recruiter got thrown out there. It has since caught on, and now people are quoting it as the truth. Right now it's just a myth...not fact.
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

If there really was one...they've had 7 nights to recruit...the chances of them lasting this long without any of their recruits being killed in the night or lynched/not being able to figure out who's mafia from who they have and have not recruited seems highly unlikely.

Also @alt: everyone's bad at first.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:13 pm

strike wolf wrote:If there really was one...they've had 7 nights to recruit...the chances of them lasting this long without any of their recruits being killed in the night or lynched/not being able to figure out who's mafia from who they have and have not recruited seems highly unlikely.

Also @alt: everyone's bad at first.

Well, the recruit option may not have started until after Voldemort was killed...but that's more guessing. Let's just get the hammer...we keep talking in circles, and I feel like there is no real analysis being done, because Iron is the focus of our attention right now. So, if he does turn up town, we're not learning anything right now anyway.
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Postby alt1978 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Vote IB

Let's move this along.
Major alt1978

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:18 am

Was planning on flipping it this morning and That should be the final part but in case it wasnt

Vote IB
GRIM REAPERS
Major Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:21 am

Off to the big horsey farm in the sky. Think of me the next time you have Mc Donalds.

Good game everyone..and good luck.
Major Iron Butterfly
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby freezie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, IB Lynched. No real need for a vote count there, so here's the scene:

Harry has been long gone, and the wizards finished his job for him. Voldemort has fallen. But the deatheaters were not going to stop there soon.

Hermione wasn't the best at magic battles. She instead sought outside help, the kind of help Harry would have gotten. She knew she'd find answers in the Headmaster's room. She ran back into Hogwart and straight in front of the giant Gargoyle.

-Dumbledore. Said Hermione

An easy password, memorial of the school's greatest headmaster. She had never visited that place, but she found her way easily. And, as she had hoped, Dumbledore's portrait was there. She asked him what they could possibly do against what seems an unending horde of deatheaters.

-Deatheaters are long gone, miss Granger.

-How is that possible? What are we fighting then? She replied

-Think a little. What spell did you always had trouble to cast, that you now must use to save your friends?

Hermione quickly ran back outside. For a few minutes, you could hear the words ''Expecto Patronum!'' once in a while in Hogwart's court. Soon, peace was brought back. Soon enough, Wizards finally defended Hogwart

Iron Butterly---Dementor ( Dementor ) has been lynched.

Wizards have won. All wizards, except Severus snape.

Actions/role coming later. For now, a few words:

The game wasn't as balanced as I though. I obviously misjudged the power of the deatheaters. But, oh well.

I said -some- things I shouldn't have. I agree. And that is my bad. I also did few mistakes, but not as many as people thought so. Chapcrap, I didn't receive a pm from you on night 6.

Wizards/non wizard result--A very straight bad idea. As well as the green pm stuff..was suposed to be an alarm for you guys to be hesitant to claim. Obviously that backfired on me..Had planned a lot more as far as making claims dangerous, but cut a few as it would disrupt the game more than anything....

Tail obviously didn't lie anywhere in the game, and he did have his results check with me. As far as you guys calling him out on that..Blame me instead.

To Iron: Sorry dude. My own game backfired on me. I should have kept it simple instead of going full lore-wise...

Had a lot more to say but I forgot..So..yea.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:22 am

Wow. Didn't see Dementor coming!

Nice work town! Freezie, I truly enjoyed the game. You had some pretty complicated roles in here, so kudos for some original ideas.

I think your PM error caused the players to doubt any/all actions...and Chap's play didn't do anything to instill confidence. It was one error, that got blown out of proportion. (no offense to Chap, but even he has to admit that he deserved to be lynched)

I'm not sure mafia was overpowered...although, if Bleed_Green had stayed active, it would have been much tougher. And having Iron fish out the driver early was huge for us.

I'm gonna go Tails as MVP on this one...although Iron would get my vote were he not third party. He played really well.

Thanks to everyone!
Captain Nebuchadnezer

General Achievement (1)

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 am

LOL I played my heart out.

I was a serial killer who couldnt serial kill. I needed to know ones role name to kill them. I had no investigative powers. I was bullet proof one shot, which oddly I never had to use.

A big thanks to CHAP for givimg me a heads up on "not a wizard", which is why I choose Firenze. It was a toss up between him and Neville Longbottom. In the early game everyone was so uptight about lore I beleived I not only needed a character to use but an action that would fit the charachter.

Chap also gave me a heads up that I needed to prepare. I though I had been caught visiting. I had no idea I was investigated.

I realized by turn four I had to really watch my actions. My BIGGEST fear was that if I killed someone it would look like a Dementor was in the night scene. Then people would know there were two factions. I could have killed early but held back because I wanted Town to beleive there was only one faction. As I learned later I was blocked turn 1,2 and 4 so I was pissing in the wind.

Now DAZZA. I honestly had Dazza pegged round two. Dont ask me why..I just did. Was I 100%?? No but I figure if I was going to go down I would take him with me and if he is lynched mafia all the better. It was a huge Gambit that worked beyond expectations.

My down fall??Well I didnt have a strong chance to win but if I had a shot I had to get mafia first. i was under the impression/beleif that if we kill Voldamort it would be game over...but if thats the case how do I kill Town?
I have a feeling Mafia petered out at the end as Bleed all but disappeared.

I wonder how the game would have gone if mafia could have killed off a few more and me going to town earlier.

I will also say that luck played a hugeeee part in me living. Between folks messing up, blocks falling my way and people verifying my possibilities helped.

Mafia had it rough this game. 3 mafia in a 18 player game can be a double edge sword.

Oh yes...Ireally thought we had a werewolf at the end...I was hugely hoping that there would be a nightkill and my hopes of winning were dashed when there was not. LOL and when Alt saved me at the end POETIC!!! I told Freezie I want to kill at least one person before I die.

Anyway awesome game everyone...
good job Freezie.
Major Iron Butterfly
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby freezie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, yea. Greyback. That's what you guys get for not verifying with the mod wether he intend to actually write the scene as they truely are.

I revealed no night actions, except the person dieing. greyback? Nope, no one has that role. A cape left there? Well, it was a cape left there..Nothing more than that.

Themeless mafia style.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:34 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL I played my heart out.

I was a serial killer who couldnt serial kill. I needed to know ones role name to kill them. I had no investigative powers. I was bullet proof one shot, which oddly I never had to use.

A big thanks to CHAP for givimg me a heads up on "not a wizard", which is why I choose Firenze. It was a toss up between him and Neville Longbottom. In the early game everyone was so uptight about lore I beleived I not only needed a character to use but an action that would fit the charachter.

Chap also gave me a heads up that I needed to prepare. I though I had been caught visiting. I had no idea I was investigated.

I realized by turn four I had to really watch my actions. My BIGGEST fear was that if I killed someone it would look like a Dementor was in the night scene. Then people would know there were two factions. I could have killed early but held back because I wanted Town to beleive there was only one faction. As I learned later I was blocked turn 1,2 and 4 so I was pissing in the wind.

Now DAZZA. I honestly had Dazza pegged round two. Dont ask me why..I just did. Was I 100%?? No but I figure if I was going to go down I would take him with me and if he is lynched mafia all the better. It was a huge Gambit that worked beyond expectations.

My down fall??Well I didnt have a strong chance to win but if I had a shot I had to get mafia first. i was under the impression/beleif that if we kill Voldamort it would be game over...but if thats the case how do I kill Town?
I have a feeling Mafia petered out at the end as Bleed all but disappeared.

I wonder how the game would have gone if mafia could have killed off a few more and me going to town earlier.

I will also say that luck played a hugeeee part in me living. Between folks messing up, blocks falling my way and people verifying my possibilities helped.

Mafia had it rough this game. 3 mafia in a 18 player game can be a double edge sword.

Oh yes...Ireally thought we had a werewolf at the end...I was hugely hoping that there would be a nightkill and my hopes of winning were dashed when there was not. LOL and when Alt saved me at the end POETIC!!! I told Freezie I want to kill at least one person before I die.

Anyway awesome game everyone...
good job Freezie.

Holy Shnikies!...you didn't know Dazza was mafia? That explains your phony result...well played...and ballsy!
Captain Nebuchadnezer

General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives