Conquer Club

Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Endgame, The Old Ways

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Day Two, Shootout!

Postby new guy1 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Completely understand the feeling edoc... just saying.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:51 am

Rodion wrote:I don't think that is the right way of measuring inactivity

Agreed

Anyhow vote new guy1 he's hasn't done much and has only posted fluff recently.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 am

jonty125 wrote:

Agreed

Alright, well thats either 2 or 3 depending on where SG7's is (I think he switched it to milkshake). Either way, I wont be here at the deadline because I will be in school when it comes, but if you guys decide to lynch me I guess thats your decision. I will warn you that my Side A is not that powerful, and that killing me on this side does not affect my side B role.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 am

Sorry, thats one vote, was thinking of side B
Sergeant new guy1

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

new guy1 wrote:Completely understand the feeling edoc... just saying.

You posted 9 or 10 times between the two threads over the course of 4 hours. I understand RL stuff happens, but you easily had enough time last night to put some effort into this game if you wanted to. Just saying.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 am

drunkmonkey wrote:

You posted 9 or 10 times between the two threads over the course of 4 hours. I understand RL stuff happens, but you easily had enough time last night to put some effort into this game if you wanted to. Just saying.

Just saying, that game is in startup. It was mostly fluff, and we had conversation I could follow along with. This game is just confusing. I posted that we should trust rodion's word in the wrong forum, I meant it to be here.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Okay on this side jonty's getting lynched. I forget why. DM could you remind me?

D2 is less than four pages long.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:Okay on this side jonty's getting lynched. I forget why. DM could you remind me?

fine, I'll read back. ...*reading back*...

Ok so it seems that you're case on jonty is that he oposed Rodion's plan because of its lack of third-parties. Is that right? Or am I missing something?

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:58 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

Ok so it seems that you're case on jonty is that he oposed Rodion's plan because of its lack of third-parties. Is that right? Or am I missing something?

That was 1/3 of jonty's reasoning, and actually the one I didn't call him out for.

drunkmonkey wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
So, your position seems to be that Rodion is scummy because:
1) His plan didn't allow for 3rd party players
2) He's asking some people (mafia) to give up one of the two games
3) You think somehow claiming T/T means you'll be cleared if you flip town in one game, which Rodion never said.

This is a very weak case, IMO. Did I miss anything?

Other than I can't see the gain of the plan, you got it all.

I thought I made it quite obvious that parts 2 and 3 were awful reasons to cast a vote. 1 is shaky. I was expecting you to respond by clarifying the real reasons you voted. The last thing I expected was "yep, you got it - I think he's scummy because he wants mafia to concede and for something I'm pretending he said".

It seemed like a textbook bandwagon vote. When asked to explain his reasoning, he admitted to the 3 reasons I asked about. Look at the last two reasons:
2) Rodion tried to trick mafia into confessing. Why in the world would that be a lynchable offense?
3) Rodion only offered a deal to those who claimed M/T. Never anything to T/T claims. Yet jonty created his own interpretation of the plan, and used something Rodion never said as a reason to paint him as scummy:
jonty125 wrote:Take this scenario: I am town/mafia. I could say town/town and then suicide as town where I was town and if I came under pressure as mafia I could say, look I'm a truthful guy - I must be town.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby jonty125 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:21 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

That was 1/3 of jonty's reasoning, and actually the one I didn't call him out for.

drunkmonkey wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
So, your position seems to be that Rodion is scummy because:
1) His plan didn't allow for 3rd party players
2) He's asking some people (mafia) to give up one of the two games
3) You think somehow claiming T/T means you'll be cleared if you flip town in one game, which Rodion never said.

This is a very weak case, IMO. Did I miss anything?

Other than I can't see the gain of the plan, you got it all.

I thought I made it quite obvious that parts 2 and 3 were awful reasons to cast a vote. 1 is shaky. I was expecting you to respond by clarifying the real reasons you voted. The last thing I expected was "yep, you got it - I think he's scummy because he wants mafia to concede and for something I'm pretending he said".

It seemed like a textbook bandwagon vote. When asked to explain his reasoning, he admitted to the 3 reasons I asked about. Look at the last two reasons:
2) Rodion tried to trick mafia into confessing. Why in the world would that be a lynchable offense?
3) Rodion only offered a deal to those who claimed M/T. Never anything to T/T claims. Yet jonty created his own interpretation of the plan, and used something Rodion never said as a reason to paint him as scummy:
jonty125 wrote:Take this scenario: I am town/mafia. I could say town/town and then suicide as town where I was town and if I came under pressure as mafia I could say, look I'm a truthful guy - I must be town.

I know he said nothing about T/T but I was thinking on how other people could try and manipulate the manipulator.
Cook jonty125

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 am

OK thanks for reminding me DM I had forgotten about that. That does make jonty rather suspicious :-k

Before taking action I desire to hear what Rodion has to say about Clever/ new guy / edoc:
Rodion wrote:I don't think that is the right way of measuring inactivity. How about you check the content of the posts instead? I believe Edocsil only made 1 post here about an inactive lynch being better than our current batting average, but before he made that post he was the most inactive player. For lack of content, also check Something Clever New Guy. I'll try to review them either now or tomorrow morning/beginning of the afternoon.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby Rodion on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:56 am

Edocsil's D2 - 2 posts

edocsil wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Alright, I suppose that claim makes sense. No point in pursuing a lynch here until we see how Side B plays out.

unvote

So what do we want to do on this side? Pressure a submariner?

Couldn't be worse then our current batting avg sadly.

Agreeing that we should pressure a submariner.

edocsil wrote:
Rodion wrote:
I don't think that is the right way of measuring inactivity. How about you check the content of the posts instead? I believe Edocsil only made 1 post here about an inactive lynch being better than our current batting average, but before he made that post he was the most inactive player. For lack of content, also check Something Clever New Guy. I'll try to review them either now or tomorrow morning/beginning of the afternoon.

As far as letting Jonty die, his D2 Side B posts make me think he is the vig/SK that shot me (with Soundman being killed by mafia). We should be able to have more insight into that tomorrow, but I don't think he's mafia so I see no problem letting him live as long as we can define a target by tomorrow.

I haven't been THAT inactive, certainly no worse here than elsewhere. IRL is catching up to me more then a bit.

Saying he is not as inactive as I mentioned. Claimed being inactive in all other games as a defense (I have to check the other games to compare).

New guy's D2 - 8 posts

new guy1 wrote:I agree with jonty. I do not believe the vig should claim. But on a related not, I agree with Rodion in the aspect that if we can not push the game on by other means, it may be nessessary.

"Vig should not claim in an ideal world, but realistically it may be necessary".

new guy1 wrote:In the Sully vs VS cases, I think rodion made a better case against VS, but because VS called him out and stated he was third party, I would say thats kind of compelling evidence... I would still like a claim from Rodion, if he thinks enough pressure has been put on him.

Talking about B side, I suppose.

new guy1 wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:lshicastr This forum would be nothing without you guys :lol: (appreciation repricated)

Yeah I know that confused me too. I was about to make a case on PCM for inactivity and then I remembered he was dead. :lol: SO yeah there's no case on inactivites right now because there really are none on this side. I suppose there's none on the other side either but I'll have to check it out

I find it odd that all the talking day one was in this forum and now its all in the other one o.O

100% fluff.

new guy1 wrote:I gave my opinion in the other forum. Its not completly useless, just doesnt add anything new, which you can call almost everyone out on that.

Forces me to cross-check Side B. Maybe more on that later, but don't hold your breath as I might be busy in the next few hours.

"Real life gets in the way".

new guy1 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Agreed

Alright, well thats either 2 or 3 depending on where SG7's is (I think he switched it to milkshake). Either way, I wont be here at the deadline because I will be in school when it comes, but if you guys decide to lynch me I guess thats your decision. I will warn you that my Side A is not that powerful, and that killing me on this side does not affect my side B role.

Here he gives some insight on his role.

new guy1 wrote:Sorry, thats one vote, was thinking of side B

EBWOP.

new guy1 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

Just saying, that game is in startup. It was mostly fluff, and we had conversation I could follow along with. This game is just confusing. I posted that we should trust rodion's word in the wrong forum, I meant it to be here.

I'm not contributing because this game is confusing, again mentions Side B.

Something Clever's D2: 2 posts

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
Rodion wrote:Soundman protected me.
PCM did not swap me around.
I was shot.
Soundman was shot.

2 shots (other than PCM's which we assume to have been shot from Side B) can mean:
mafia+SK
mafia+vig
2 mafias

I could be cleared by having a vigilante claim they targeted Soundman (which means mafia targeted me), but maybe we don't even have one.

Anyway, down 3 townies, 9 left in what could be a 6-3 or a 5-3-1 (or 5-2-2 if there are 2 mafias out there?). To top things off, losing 3 power roles capable of protecting makes massclaiming an even riskier plan than it would normally be.

Being that we have 7 days (6 and a half now) to get something done, I'll suggest that the vigilante claims (assuming we have one) if we make no advance in the next 48 hours.

On with the game: who's scummiest and why?

this post confused me..how do you know that you were shot

Skims Side B and makes a question whose answer is already clear.

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:I... didn't get why the vig claiming would be beneficial.

But I do want to hear from Sully, as of currently he is the current lynch target.

prod recieved, sorry would have posted but wasnt at school today

anyway i agree sully seems suspicious but right now i really dont have any other thoughts on him

Posting because of prod and drops a one-line on VS being suspicious.
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks for that Rodion. On jonty: he has 8 D2 posts so far (I just skimmed through but didn't really check content), so he is not as inactive as edoc or clever.

I'd say let's pressure edoc or clever, but as right now I don't know how much time we have. I'd have to go back to D1 or Side B in order to get a read on either of these two

Postby Rodion on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:10 pm

From Side B (the good thing about listening to flipped guys is that we know they are honest when dealing with Side A):

CMS did not read Side A so can't help us determine a lynch.
Soundman jokingly mentions a suspicion of Shield.
PCM seriously suspects Shield for possibly cop fishing (as knowing you were roleblocked is usually a feature of investigative roles).

Our lynching options seem to be:

a) Monkey's case on Jonty for having flawed reasoning.
b) PCM's case on Shield.
c) Edocsil on inactivity.
d) New Guy on inactivity.
e) Clever on inactivity.
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Ok I went thorugh D1 and looked at edoc's and clever's posts (BTW you know how easy it is to miss clever's posts? He takes up like only 100 pixels, no avatar no sig or nothing! :lol: )

Edoc and clever from the get-go oppose ROdion's plan (along with many others), the difference being that:
edocsil wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:uhh edocsil you said the same thing I did lol :P

The difference is that I am actively accusing him of manipulating the scenario to hes benefit. You merely state that he is wrong.

After this, most of what they post are one-liners of fluff or agreement. Edoc said something about being suspicious of shield but it was only one D1 post on Side A so I assume the rest of the conversation happened on Side B.

Meta-gaming, I would say that edoc posts one-liners as a way to appear active while not helping town much. He seems to lead the discussion more when he's town, and I think he's mafia here because he seems to be sitting back (or maybe this is due to the presence of otehr great players like Rodion, PCM, and saf; and hence no need for him to come forward).

Clever seems to post more fluff than edoc during D1, but I'm more suspicious of edoc at this point because of meta-gaming reasons. THoughts?

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Rodion wrote:Our lynching options seem to be:

a) Monkey's case on Jonty for having flawed reasoning.
b) PCM's case on Shield.
c) Edocsil on inactivity.
d) New Guy on inactivity.
e) Clever on inactivity.

I would go with either C or E (obviously I wouldn't go for B :D ), leaning towards C and keeping A and D on the back burner

Postby jonty125 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:29 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Ok I went thorugh D1 and looked at edoc's and clever's posts (BTW you know how easy it is to miss clever's posts? He takes up like only 100 pixels, no avatar no sig or nothing! :lol: )

Edoc and clever from the get-go oppose ROdion's plan (along with many others), the difference being that:
edocsil wrote:

The difference is that I am actively accusing him of manipulating the scenario to hes benefit. You merely state that he is wrong.

After this, most of what they post are one-liners of fluff or agreement. Edoc said something about being suspicious of shield but it was only one D1 post on Side A so I assume the rest of the conversation happened on Side B.

Meta-gaming, I would say that edoc posts one-liners as a way to appear active while not helping town much. He seems to lead the discussion more when he's town, and I think he's mafia here because he seems to be sitting back (or maybe this is due to the presence of otehr great players like Rodion, PCM, and saf; and hence no need for him to come forward).

Clever seems to post more fluff than edoc during D1, but I'm more suspicious of edoc at this point because of meta-gaming reasons. THoughts?

Why are you talking about yourself in 3rd person?
Cook jonty125

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm

jonty125 wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:Ok I went thorugh D1 and looked at edoc's and clever's posts (BTW you know how easy it is to miss clever's posts? He takes up like only 100 pixels, no avatar no sig or nothing! :lol: )

edocsil wrote:

Why are you talking about yourself in 3rd person?

To make you ask that question ;) (no srsly that's why I did it :lol: )

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 pm

I'd like to pressure clever mainly because he has had only 2 posts AND neither of them are that useful. With edoc and new guy, at least they have more posts. I assume content will pick up once the game moves on a bit.

unvote vote somethingclever
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:34 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I'd like to pressure clever mainly because he has had only 2 posts AND neither of them are that useful. With edoc and new guy, at least they have more posts. I assume content will pick up once the game moves on a bit.

unvote vote somethingclever

I assure you that I will try to increase the quality of my posts as the game goes on.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Final Vote Count:

No Lynch- 1 Vote - shieldgenerator7
Some7hingCLEVER- 1 vote - safariguy5
new guy1- 1 vote - jonty125
jonty125- 1 vote - drunkmonkey

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Well, it looks like we have a four way tie, One if four chance of everyone being saved, three in four someone will die. Scene coming soon.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 pm

the town was mostly separated that day, paranoia and suspicion kept them from getting anything significant done, but three of them went out to kill a person of their suspicion, and one went out to stop them. All seven involved met in the bar and started calling each other out, they drank and brawled, until one of them pulled their gun and fired.

The result...

show

Night Two Starts, send in your actions, Deadline Friday!
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 pm

/ wrote:the town was mostly separated that day, paranoia and suspicion kept them from getting anything significant done, but three of them went out to kill a person of their suspicion, and one went out to stop them. All seven involved met in the bar and started calling each other out, they drank and brawled, until one of them pulled their gun and fired.

The result...

show

Night Two Starts, send in your actions, Deadline Friday!

I just lived up to my name :D , single-handedly protecting all you townies from getting lynched! Praise the Lord!

-SG7 ( 8-) )

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Night Two, Round of Shots

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:59 pm

hey guys sorry i havent been on the past fews day but its night so i will start typing a response to everything and then post it when day starts
sorry again
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Night Two, Round of Shots

Postby / on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:14 pm

The town decided to have a meeting at the town hall to discuss the deaths, and how to further prevent them, they debated into the night, but the result was the same, the mafia wanted power, and the town wanted the mafia dead.
A moment of respite it seemed, but underneath it all even this feast was just another opportunity to proceed with their criminal acts.
"Here try this, it's my godfather's special recipe" said one person to another as they handed over a small paper cup of wine, just as the second was about to take a lick, a third intervened, "NO! No one eat anything until I try it first!" Said the brave bodyguard, he took a lick of homemade icecream, drank the wine, a spoonful of soup, and a bit of everything else at the potluck.

"Okay, it's safe!" the bodyguard said, as suddenly he fell over dead, the townsfolk started crowded around him to see what happened, before the town sheriff dismissed them "Stand aside, nothing to see here, I'll sort this all out, and on my honor we'll catch that criminal!" he said with an aggravated smile, as the people continued to crowd, "OR you can all go to jail right now for getting in my way!" he shouted an he placed his hand on his holster. They complied and looked away as he processed the scene. "Well, nothing can be done, whatever was poisoned, it's gone now, I'm going home..." said the sheriff as he left the town hall, outside from the window, the townsfolk was a bright flash of light heard a shot and another flash, when they rushed outside there was no living person, just the sheriff's corpse with one bullet in it... Inside the sheriff's pocket they found the poisoned Dixie cup.

show

Day Three begins, with 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives