Conquer Club

Matrix Mafia Endgame, Town and Survivors win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Matrix Mafia Endgame, Town and Survivors win!

Postby soundman on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:13 am

Good game guys! I think DJ would have been fine except he messed up and took my fake claim... Oh well. I was then able to go out and get a good fake claim.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 am

soundman wrote:Good game guys! I think DJ would have been fine except he messed up and took my fake claim... Oh well. I was then able to go out and get a good fake claim.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I thought Architect would have been a really strong fake, but I guess Dj didn't like it?
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:57 am

Gg! Lol sorry ib, 3 mafias seemed too little and i was sure there were 2 left, it wasn t a plot, i really didn t believe you.. Pmc, you were really acting weird! The reason why i insisted many times in game and pms that one is probably compromized... So yes, if i had been killed all meros would ve died! But you guys needed to kill the twins first! If a twin died they both died.
Major betiko

Postby aage on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:43 am

gg, but the balance is hard to make up indeed. Especially when we had to sacrifice our ninja on day 3. I was going to ask Chuck to switch fakeclaims so he could claim some Councillor (a Zion VT, not vengeful towny.. never claim vengeful towny..) and I could claim Niobe's sidekick which could make sense as roleblocker.

Props to the entire third party for staying alive, though. It can't have been easy.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 am

safariguy5 wrote:
soundman wrote:Good game guys! I think DJ would have been fine except he messed up and took my fake claim... Oh well. I was then able to go out and get a good fake claim.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I thought Architect would have been a really strong fake, but I guess Dj didn't like it?

At that point when we were claiming It was hard to put the architect into the game. Since it would read more like a third party I saw another third party looking strange. Since the Mergovians were already out and they knew there was a smith faction, a side architect didnt fit well. I knew I was toast at that point and was hoping that maybe Doom would have chosen sound instead hoping I would have gotten the innocent return and maybe skated through.

It would have been a good one earlier I believe, maybe I was wrong.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 am

Djfireside wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

At that point when we were claiming It was hard to put the architect into the game. Since it would read more like a third party I saw another third party looking strange. Since the Mergovians were already out and they knew there was a smith faction, a side architect didnt fit well. I knew I was toast at that point and was hoping that maybe Doom would have chosen sound instead hoping I would have gotten the innocent return and maybe skated through.

I think almost all of us were sure there were 4 scums and not just 3... you were in the smith/scum shortlist, but you outed yourself with the commuter power that would vanish if the oracle died.
Us meros knew that if the oracle died it was game over, so you were not making much sense. Other than this, as I said earlier, I think you played pretty well, maybe too well. you were very ballanced in all your posts contribution that looked quite townish, posting just enough not to look like you're submarining... It was so perfect that it made me wonder about you, i don't know if you remeber me asking myself questions about you mid game ;) I think that if you had to claim early in the game you woud've been quite safe (and supposing you didn't add the oracle clause to commuter)
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 am

betiko wrote:
Djfireside wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

I think almost all of us were sure there were 4 scums and not just 3... you were in the smith/scum shortlist, but you outed yourself with the commuter power that would vanish if the oracle died.
Us meros knew that if the oracle died it was game over, so you were not making much sense. Other than this, as I said earlier, I think you played pretty well, maybe too well. you were very ballanced in all your posts contribution that looked quite townish, posting just enough not to look like you're submarining... It was so perfect that it made me wonder about you, i don't know if you remeber me asking myself questions about you mid game ;) I think that if you had to claim early in the game you woud've been quite safe (and supposing you didn't add the oracle clause to commuter)

Did we? I didn't think it would end the game. And you still had to be alive for it if I understand it properly.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:10 pm

betiko wrote:
Djfireside wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

The only reason I added the Oracle sub clause was because I knew you were going for it after I recruited PMC. I threw it in there to give it more of a flavor and also to draw attention that I didnt want the oracle to die as I stated earlier when you were chasing Ghostly and I added it to try to give reason why I all of sudden didnt want the oracle to die and needed a reason why I was fighting it earlier. If it was earlier I would have architected the whole way but the instant that PMC and edoc went off mass claiming I knew I was in trouble.

I do remember you and Jak coming after me and you were actually on my list of hits until I got targetted by clever and then I had to switch gears. I actually thought that the Town Vig got me at the same time I got him but only to find mafia got me. I was in the hospital a few times and with pregnant wife time was limited so that went with my post count but with no pressure I wasnt going to put my head on the block :) I was pondering throwing soundman under the bus was decided it would have been futile.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby soundman on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Djfireside wrote:I was pondering throwing soundman under the bus was decided it would have been futile.

Thanks buddy, I feel so loved. ;)

When the mass claim started I was hoping you'd actually find a different fake claim than the ones given to us. I was really hoping you'd see that Tank hadn't been taken and would make a good VT claim.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Out of curiosity were there any restriction on who cult could recruit? The main reason I was resitant to mass claiming was the hunch that they couldnt recruit everyone and only certian player roles.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:44 pm

I WIN?! :D
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby vodean on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:I WIN?! :D

no dude... there were survivors. HEY NoS!!!
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm

I wanted a mass claim as soon as I could start night killing so I would know who to hit. If we hadn't gotten the mass claim though, I would have killed pmc for trying to turn on me ;)
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pmchugh on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I wanted a mass claim as soon as I could start night killing so I would know who to hit. If we hadn't gotten the mass claim though, I would have killed pmc for trying to turn on me ;)

Haha, I think you would have had a better time shooting into the msit than at a poor survivor O:)
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Out of curiosity were there any restriction on who cult could recruit? The main reason I was resitant to mass claiming was the hunch that they couldnt recruit everyone and only certian player roles.

Yes, just like in the movie, cult could recruit anyone.

Since I know it would be terribly broken if recruitees couldn't talk to their old mason groups, I made it so they would only lose their night actions and have altered WC's.

As for the survivor Mero group, if the Oracle was killed, all living Merovingen members would win. Dead ones would lose, and the game would continue as long as other anti-town factions remained. Recruited Mero group players of course would not win if the Oracle dead WC was fulfilled.
Captain safariguy5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm

SO wait, ghostly (Neb 2.0) was still alive at endgame, so technically I win too, right?
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:SO wait, ghostly (Neb 2.0) was still alive at endgame, so technically I win too, right?

Yes, since you're part of town, you win. The WC of Seraph keeping the Oracle alive extended only so far as to endgame Seraph if Oracle died before Seraph did. If Seraph dies before the Oracle does, then Seraph will still win if the Town wins.

But in this case, then yes, you absolutely won.
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:57 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:SO wait, ghostly (Neb 2.0) was still alive at endgame, so technically I win too, right?

Yes, since you're part of town, you win. The WC of Seraph keeping the Oracle alive extended only so far as to endgame Seraph if Oracle died before Seraph did. If Seraph dies before the Oracle does, then Seraph will still win if the Town wins.

technically, neb won twice and sg7 did not :lol: :lol:
Major betiko

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 pm

betiko wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

technically, neb won twice and sg7 did not :lol: :lol:

whatever betiko ;)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives