Conquer Club

Two Sides Mafia: Side B, EndGame, It Spreads

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side B, Day One!

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:31 am

Shit just got real on Side B.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:17 am

Well I better unvote

Lol I always hated the joke voting stage
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Well I better unvote

Lol I always hated the joke voting stage

I quite like it, but at the moment there are no other serious cases. Unless we vote the inactive.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm not sure if my vote is still on sg7, but I will unvote vote sg7 again just to be sure for his apparent belief that he can get a free pass by self deprecating himself as a noob when there is no way that is applicable anymore AND for his apparent lack of an opinion.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:54 am

Side B is the odd child that no one wants to talk about.

safariguy5 wrote:I'm not sure if my vote is still on sg7, but I will unvote vote sg7 again just to be sure for his apparent belief that he can get a free pass by self deprecating himself as a noob when there is no way that is applicable anymore AND for his apparent lack of an opinion.

This is pretty much true. For lack of a better option in this side, unvote vote sg7.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I am feeling the Noob Piledriver today. Unvote Vote SG7
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby / on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:19 pm

The Official Vote Count

You are on Side B

shield
; 3 votes: safariguy, Pancake, edoc

Clever; 2 votes: soundman, shieldgenerator7

Shield
; 1 vote: jonty

Rodion; 1 vote: VS

with 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
deadline thursday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Also, for those who haven't posted recently in either thread, please do so by tomorrow, or I will start sending prods.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby soundman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Unvote My joke vote.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

I see no case over here. Seems pretty dead actually. Also, I do not believe that we should lynch someone on side B just for an action they did on side A. Just saying.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Ya I dont like how one side had action and one doesnt
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:25 pm

new guy1 wrote:I see no case over here. Seems pretty dead actually. Also, I do not believe that we should lynch someone on side B just for an action they did on side A. Just saying.

Well, a lynch is happening either way. It may as well be for a reason.

Plus, maybe getting lynched on Side B will drive him to do better on Side A?

Ya I dont like how one side had action and one doesnt

Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

PCM you are my hero
Edoc'sil

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

edocsil wrote:PCM you are my hero

I aim to please.
Epic Win

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm

wait... did I srsly call myself a n00b? no lo recuerdo... :?
but it does sound like something I'd do. :lol:

ok you guys want me to grow some balls and post something of substance. okay.yes, I just bolded a single period

and so you want to lynch me based on ZER0 evidence, with no way to defend myself. okay. I'm glad it's in SIde B, because I like my Side A role much better

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Erm... What?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:wait... did I srsly call myself a n00b? no lo recuerdo... :?

ok you guys want me to grow some balls and post something of substance. okay.yes, I just bolded a single period

and so you want to lynch me based on ZER0 evidence, with no way to defend myself. okay. I'm glad it's in SIde B, because I like my Side A role much better

Yes. Erm what? Commuter?
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:17 pm

edocsil wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:wait... did I srsly call myself a n00b? no lo recuerdo... :?

Yes. Erm what? Commuter?

Wurp. Wrong game.
Edoc'sil

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:30 pm

edocsil wrote:
edocsil wrote:

Yes. Erm what? Commuter?

Wurp. Wrong game.

this post is so funny more multiple reasons. I'll tell you later ;)

-SG7 ( :lol: )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby Rodion on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm

You just bolded a single period. And hid that in size 1 font. Why?
General Rodion

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh ok good. Glad we're carrying out your wishes.
Captain safariguy5

Postby jonty125 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:37 am

I don't see why shield had to tell us he had bolded one period. As these are separate games I'm only going to judge people by this side alone.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 am

jonty125 wrote:I don't see why shield had to tell us he had bolded one period. As these are separate games I'm only going to judge people by this side alone.

:lol: lol it was a joke jonty. That's why I put it in such small font.yes, I just did it again

anyway, here's a summary of what I remember about Rodion's gameplan and the opposition to it:

Rodion's Gameplan
Rodion claims that is in everyone's best interest for the Town/Mafia players to come out and expose themselves. This benefits the town because they will know who is mafia (on at least one side), and it benefits the T/M player because he gains town's trust. The town will have to guess which side the T/M player is mafia on, but at least they have some clue. And in the event that the T/M player gets lynched in one side and flips Mafia, then the town will trust that the T/M player is town in the other side. Rodion says that if the T/M player tries to claim T/M after getting lynched in the side in which he is mafia, he will not have town's trust because he waited until he was already ousted as mafia. But if the T/M player had claimed T/M before getting lynched, town would have his trust in the side he is still alive in after he flipped mafia in the other side.

Counter-Argument 1
Opposing commentators state that a player who claims T/M will instantly be lynched in Side A and/or Side B because town would not be stupid enough to let a mafia live. The T/M player would get lynched as mafia in one side and NK'd as town in the other. IMO this is not for sure, as town might lynch him in his town side and then they would also lynch him in the otherside. Basically, this argument says that claiming T/M for a player is an auto-lose. Rodion says he has a plan to prevent this from happening, but has not exposed it yet.

Counter-Argument 2
Another counter argument states that a M/M player can claim T/M, get lynched in one side, and get town's trust in the other. This is bad for town because now they're trusting a mafia player as if he were town. Rodion says that the liklihood of a M/M player is low. IMO I wonder if / made everyone's roles pure, I mean Rodion claimed T/T and so did others, so I wonder if there are any T/M at all and we're all either T/T or M/M. But / has warned us that playing the mod may result in spontaneous combustion so I won't get into it. The point of this argument is that M/M players can slip through. Rodion has yet to respond to this (i think?).

Counter-Argument 3
Another naysayer has said that this ruins the fun of the game. This argument is solely opinion-based.

And if you're thinking this is baised towards Rodion's side, you're probably right. As M/M, this deal would be very helpful to me because I get a free pass in one side :D

And I did this all from memory, so if I missed anything, oh well. Let me know, I guess.

lol I'm posting this in the thread I'm about to be lynched in

-SG7 ( 8-) )

Postby Rodion on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Can you be more clear on your intentions for posting this, Shield? I'm not completely sure whether you are actually confessing something or just trying to do your fair share of posting and taking stances in order to show yourself as an asset and consequently avoid being lynched?
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Rodion wrote:Can you be more clear on your intentions for posting this, Shield? I'm not completely sure whether you are actually confessing something or just trying to do your fair share of posting and taking stances in order to show yourself as an asset and consequently avoid being lynched?

Sorry if the mixed-in jokes confused you. I was trying to be helpful by posting a summary of what has been said about your gameplan: how you say it will work and the opposition to it, and also a little of my own opinion. I would say that it's a great idea, but it has a major flaw in that M/M players can gain town's trust by claiming T/M. I don't think you've addressed that yet, or if you have I missed it.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives