Conquer Club

NCIS Mafia: Mafia Win!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NCIS Mafia [5/16] Day 5: Insomnia

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:52 pm

Im not going to kill the doc, I was just saying he was seeming scummy to me. If you read into a couple previous posts, you would know who my current target is.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 am

new guy1 wrote:Im guessing either Saf or IB, because you seem to give off a town tell to me. Thats why I dont want to get lynched, cause I can shoot whichever one we dont vote.

Right. IB claimed doc. You're saying you're going to shoot him. All you really have on your side is scene flavor that says you're using a sig sauer. That and a few kills of anti town roles. Nothing actually confirms you as a vig.
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 am

IK, but I knew how bad the claim would sound and I claimed it. I could have claimed something else so we could discuss who the sk is, since they were obviously fake claiming since they were hiding. But instead I left it up to you guys to see I actually am what I claim. At this point I think it would have been better for me to fake claim, given the amount of grief Im getting from it.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 pm

new guy1 wrote:IK, but I knew how bad the claim would sound and I claimed it. I could have claimed something else so we could discuss who the sk is, since they were obviously fake claiming since they were hiding. But instead I left it up to you guys to see I actually am what I claim. At this point I think it would have been better for me to fake claim, given the amount of grief Im getting from it.

Remember, just because you know you are Town does not mean anyone else knows your Town. We know we had two kills night one. It was discussed that there would be a vig or sk. I thought perhaps a JOAT as the game wore on. I do not see how you could be a sk with the number of mafia and third party.

Your not getting grief. This is how the game is played. I believe Safari is full of it and his only recourse is to shift focus as he has not been able to explain his inability to stop the lynch of NS.

Why it is taking so long to hammer Safari is beyond me. If someone would hammer him and it should be game over.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 pm

I will sense I saw the chuck was willing to hammer, which means we are all agreed as far as I know. I just wanted to make sure we discussed everything before I ended it, in case he isnt mafia. Vote safari
Sergeant new guy1

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Day 5: Second Official Vote Count:

Iron Butterfly:
isaiah40:
new guy1: safariguy5
safariguy5: Iron Butterfly, isaiah40, new guy1 (Lynch)
thechuck51:

Scene coming as soon as possible.
Lieutenant chapcrap

NCIS Mafia [4/16] Night 5: Feel the Burn

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:25 pm

The group had a restless night with daylight shining through the windows to reveal a dead NCIS Director and another injured team member. Immediately, the group turned to the one who claimed he could save their beloved Ducky. When he realized everyone was staring at him, he turned and ran, making it into the elevator. The group collapsed as they slammed into the closing elevator doors. The man inside could not make the lift move fast enough as it slowly made it to the ground level, dinging at each floor. The group got up and two started running down the stairwell, hoping to catch up with the man. As they reached ground level and burst through the fire door, they saw the man running away from the elevator. Pausing to take a couple of missing shots, the two caught their breath. It seemed like he may escape.

Meanwhile, in the NCIS war room, the two that stayed behind looked out the window to see if the man would be caught or drive away. As they saw a dark SUV exiting the premises, one of them pulled a pistol out and shot towards the vehicle through the broken windows along the north side of the war room's bricked wall. One shot. Two shots. And then an explosion...

show
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: NCIS Mafia [4/16] Night 5: Feel the Burn

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:47 pm

GG guys.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 pm

There were a couple minutes where I thought they were gonna let you go.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

NCIS Mafia: Mafia Win

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

As the two chasing the man, made their way back upstairs, an accented man said, "Shhh. Wait here daughter." He crept over to the elevator to await the men traveling back up to the war room and withdrew his SIG-Sauer P228. As the elevator doors opened, he had the pistol pointed at the doors. As his daughter looked on, the bell of the elevator rang and the doors slowly opened. There was a chuckle from inside as the very special agent recalled the chase. "It was just like the scene in Duel. I mean, if you take away the cliffs and we weren't in a car. But that explosion! Man! You know what Duel is, right? 1971, Spielberg... Come on!!"

Just then, the trigger on the SIG-Sauer P228 was pulled and a body fell to the ground. The accented man's daughter, let out a shriek as she dropped to her knees. The elevator doors closed and a small object slowly rolled across the floor to the accented man. No one noticed until the grenade tapped the shoe of the accented man. He looked down and had enough time to say, "Oh, fu..."

show
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm

GG Scum. I didn't predict the 5th scum. I really thought newguy was gonna aim for the claimed Doc.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Roles

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 pm

I had pictures in the PMs as well, but it's not letting me load them right now.

chapcrap wrote:You are Dr. Donald (Ducky) Mallard

You are a town medical examiner. You have the ability to ask me a question about the previous murder to learn something about the killers motive, psychology, or method of killing.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

chapcrap wrote:You are Special Agent Timothy McGee

You are a town watcher/tracker. You have the ability to either watch someone or track someone every night. If you choose to watch someone, you will see who visits that person at night. If you choose to track someone, you will who that person visits at night.

chapcrap wrote:You are Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs

You are a town roleblocker. You have the ability to block one person each night. In addition to this, you also have the ability to use your gut one time whenever you would like. With this ability you can ask me one time if someone is lying or telling the truth about their role or action.

chapcrap wrote:You are Abby Sciuto

You are a town investigator. You have the ability to further look into previous scenes. You may ask me one question every night about a previous scene.

chapcrap wrote:You are Special Agent Anthony Dinozzo

You are a town bodyguard. You have the ability to take a bullet for someone else. Every night, you get to pick one person to protect. You can take one bullet before being killed.

chapcrap wrote:You are David Dale

You are a town communter. You are a famous marine who commutes into NCIS every day in order to consult on various issues. You have no night action. However, every night you leave the town, so that no night actions can be performed on you.

chapcrap wrote:You are NCIS Director Leon Vance

You are a town busdriver. You have the ability to switch two people every night. When you do this, whatever was supposed to happen to one of the people will happen to the other instead.

chapcrap wrote:You are Special Agent Ziva David

You are a town cop. You have the ability to investigate someone every night. You will either get a result of guilty or innocent.

chapcrap wrote:You are Special Agent Timothy McGee

You are a town watcher/tracker. You have the ability to either watch someone or track someone every night. If you choose to watch someone, you will see who visits that person at night. If you choose to track someone, you will who that person visits at night.

chapcrap wrote:You are FBI Agent T.C. Fornell

You are a third party survivor. You need to survive to the end of the game to win. And you must have Gibbs survive as well.

chapcrap wrote:You are Chisholm Bishop

You are a cult recruiter. Every night you can recruit a new player into your cult. If you recruit a mafia player, you will die. If you die in any way, all cult members return to their original faction.

You win when your faction outnumbers the rest of the players left in the game.

chapcrap wrote:You are Mossad Director Eli David

You are a third party serial killer. You have the ability to kill someone every night. You are also a mason with your daughter, Special Agent Ziva David (thechuck51). You two may talk at night, but she is unaware of your presence until you make it known to her.

In order for you to win, everyone in the game must die except Ziva.

chapcrap wrote:You are the mafia. You may talk to each other during the night.

You win when mafia outnumber all remaining players.

vodean - Azhar al-Bakr (Godfather):
    You send in the kills for the mafia every night. If you are investigated, you show up as innocent.
safariguy5 - Boulos Dabir (Mafia Busdriver):
    You have the ability to switch two people every night. When you do this, the actions that were supposed to happen to one of the people will happen to the other one instead.
happyfeet - Fahad al-Faruq (Mafia Roleblocker):
    You have the ability to roleblock one person every night.
Iron Butterfly - Fayyad al-Bakr (Mafia Framer):
    You have the ability to frame someone every night. When you do this, they show up as guilty upon investigation.
Mr. Squirrel - Mohamed Jad Alah (Mafia Suicide Bomber):
    You have the ability to suicide bomb someone during the day. If you use this ability on someone, you both will die.

Possible fake claims include:
    Jimmy Palmer: Back up Doc
    Secretary of the Navy Clayton Jarvis (SecNav): Town Governor
    There is no town doctor
Lieutenant chapcrap

Night Actions

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

My Thoughts and Explanation

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 pm

So, I thought initially that the setup was good. I put more non-townies in than a usual game, but I thought that I compensated by giving the town more power than usual.
  • I gave added power to Gibbs (gut use)
  • I gave added power to DiNozzo (bulletproof)
  • I had two of the third party roles tied to keeping townies alive as well
  • I allowed for a little more investigatory roles, including, giving the cult recruits powers that would either help them or town if they reverted back (which did happen)

That being said, I also made the mafia a little more powerful than usual. Maybe a little too strong. I know the game came down to only 2 people left, which usually means a good game, but there was actually a night that mafia never got actions in. And happyfeet never sent in a roleblock. So, I think that perhaps mafia was a little strong. However, I also think that some of the town's power players could have played it a little different. I felt like a couple people claimed a little early. I may have not used the gut use on what it was used on. That's simply because thechuck51 was claiming Ziva (very strong claim) and a cop (also strong) and wasn't counter-claimed. I think I would have saved it for something a little fishier, but it is what it is. I think part of what hurt town is the cop thinking he was paranoid/insane and he wasn't. He kept investing the people that were getting driven/framed. And then, the time he did get a real guilty, no one believed it by then. :lol:

Cult had a chance from the beginning. He got blocked one night which stopped the recruiting, but if he hadn't finally been killed when he was, cult had a good chance of winning by Day 4.

I gave the SK the mason power because I thought it would help him claim vig. I wanted to give the SK a better shot at winning than usual, because I always feel like they get screwed. Also, I felt like him staying alive longer was helpful to town. Because he need to keep the game fairly even in order to not be endgamed himself.

Overall, I'm happy with my first game and I think that I will run another around this size or slightly smaller with no VT again and the balance will be a little better I think. I was happy that going into the final day, the SK, Mafia, and Town all still had a shot to win. I was pulling against the mafia, just because I didn't want NCIS to lose. :D

Anyway, I'll field any questions about anything now. :geek:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: NCIS Mafia: Day 6: Bodies and Blood

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Great work IB. I totally had new guy pegged as the SKer too.

Man, it just took us too long to decide who to kill that night. I know you said 48hours chap, and we probably should have asked for an extension.

I think the addition of the SKer really hurt town's chances. Although the SKer was pretty good in killing a few mafia members, the townies he killed shortened the number of days that town had to root out 3 anti-town factions. If mafia hadn't taken out the cult leader, I could easily have seen a scenario where all townies were killed/recruited and the anti town roles would be fighting for the win.
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 pm

I actually shot at all the people listed :P. Also, I was going to shoot IB, but because I was trying to play the vig I wasnt going to shoot at the claimed doc. It was actually my first action, and chuck was going to side with me today had it come down to it. The fifth mafia threw me off, but as I was reading the scene I knew how it would end. Overall, I would say this takes the cake as my new favorite. I mean, whenever I usually replace I get townies, but then I get a fricken SK?? I was happier then a mother f. I enjoyed the game, and if I had to replay it I would have probably contacted the chuck earlier, but I just didnt have the time. Good game everyone, and nice win mafia!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 pm

I think you could have gotten away with it. Since you already said yourself to know chuck was town and Isaiah's role through mine had pretty much been proven. If he was the doc than it was you and Chuck against Isaiah and chuck was sided with you.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 am

Good Game Saf, you deserve the win. I can't believe you managed to get that governor claim to work, and well played. Town really should have hung you and trusted strike. Absolute idiocy to lynch ex cult, they are survivors at worst, and reverted roles at best.

IMO with a SK and a cult there was one too many scum. I never would have guessed IB was scum as well, not once newguy slipped and pretty much admitted to being a SK.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

I may have been a bit quick to go with the idea I presented but I felt it was the right move. I can't really blame town for distrusting me though.

Edit: I did kind of think IB was acting strangely but I really didn't account for there being two scum. If Safari had proven his claim, I was going to look at IB the most intently.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jak111 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:08 am

Aww v.v No mentions of me even though I fought like a mofo Day 2. But with 5 mafia the votes and points of view were a bit skewed. Also, framer is something we never thought of! lol, of course.

With 8 town (Yomiel I barely count as town, so 7) and 8 mafia/3rd parties/cult. The town was outnumbered Day 1. I enjoyed the game for the amount I survived, however, I think balancing a game is something that could use a bit of work. The mafia were a bit overpowered.

You have a mafia busdriver, a mafia framer, and a mafia roleblocker in the same game of 16? So not only do mafia already pretty much outnumber town, they can skew results from Night 1.

Now let's say the game turned out a bit different Day 1 (Just for a balancing example).

8 town, and 8 mafia/3rd party/cult.

Well we know Yomiel was lynched so we're down to 7 town from there. But let's say all the night kills and recruits were on town (no town vigs, so this is highly probably even though town got lucky), 2 more town dead and 1 recruited.

Now the game would be at 4 town against 4 mafia, 2 3rd parties that are not sided with one another, and 2 cult.

That's all by Day 2... So balancing is definitely something I think needs a bit of tweaking in your next game bud :twisted:

Also, I lied Day 2 when I said I knew who CMS was, yet I didn't lie. My role did not tell me who he was, but from the way he was talking I knew it was him, + the gut feeling was a dead give away. I'm surprised my real claim didn't work though :/ Either not a lot of people watch NCIS here, or they didn't think a main(ish) character like Fornell was in it. However, with 4 mafia, 2 cult, and 2 3rd parties against me and the 6 remaining town (8 vs 7) I was screwed XD

:o I should have pulled a Yomiel and accused everyone on my wagon to me mafia, I would have been mostly right XDD

"jak111: thechuck51, edocsil, safariguy5, jonty125, new guy1, isaiah40, Mr. Squirrel (lynched)"

Mr.Squirrel = mafia
Isaiah = recruited by cult
New Guy = SK
Jonty = town
Safari = mafia
Edocsil = Cult
Chuck = town

:o ~Le gasp~ only 2 townies lynched me ;)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby new guy1 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 am

Come to think of it, this was one of my first games where I wasnt questioned till the last days. Usually I make "scum slips" on day 1 or 2 and I usually have to claim by then. This game I guess I didnt make as many mistakes and I didnt say too much to keep alive from the mafia. Still there was great play from all sides.

fastposted
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 am

Good job Chap. That was a wild game. The game came down to the last turn. This game also shows how luck can play a huge factor.

The two big turning points of the game were Mr. Squirrel killing Edoscil and Night Strike playing into Safs hands. I'm sure having 5 mafia helped our cause. Having Vodean killed night one and Happyfeet being a no show did not help us. Though with Happyfeet I tried to make lemonade out of lemons.

I feel bad for poor Chuk. Two bus drivers and a framer certainly didn't help him.

At the end it really didn't matter if everyman was SK or Vig as I recognized that it would come down to who Isiah would target as well. I did not expect him to turn SK.

Told ya the game was far from over Edoascil :)

My first last man standing
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:17 am

strike wolf wrote:I may have been a bit quick to go with the idea I presented but I felt it was the right move. I can't really blame town for distrusting me though.

Edit: I did kind of think IB was acting strangely but I really didn't account for there being two scum. If Safari had proven his claim, I was going to look at IB the most intently.

I'm curious what got your Spidey Senses tingling? I will admit i was pretty comfortable the whole game up until that point. I felt that somehow I was being lured into a trap. GOD.... and when Squirrel did his Lord of the Rings act...I really thought I was found out by some wacky day action or ability. I was pissed he did that...so yeh I was walking a fine line at that point.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I may have been a bit quick to go with the idea I presented but I felt it was the right move. I can't really blame town for distrusting me though.

I'm curious what got your Spidey Senses tingling? I will admit i was pretty comfortable the whole game up until that point. I felt that somehow I was being lured into a trap. GOD.... and when Squirrel did his Lord of the Rings act...I really thought I was found out by some wacky day action or ability. I was pissed he did that...so yeh I was walking a fine line at that point.

You were the one who proposed the idea that cult may have reverted to town and then backed off it when I claimed. I would have gone with that but the shift was so sudden it's like you were trying to bait a trap with that comment yourself. Then towards the end of the day I thougth something was off when you decided to support me.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:Good job Chap. That was a wild game. The game came down to the last turn. This game also shows how luck can play a huge factor.

The two big turning points of the game were Mr. Squirrel killing Edoscil and Night Strike playing into Safs hands. I'm sure having 5 mafia helped our cause. Having Vodean killed night one and Happyfeet being a no show did not help us. Though with Happyfeet I tried to make lemonade out of lemons.

I feel bad for poor Chuk. Two bus drivers and a framer certainly didn't help him.

At the end it really didn't matter if everyman was SK or Vig as I recognized that it would come down to who Isiah would target as well. I did not expect him to turn SK.

Told ya the game was far from over Edoascil :)

My first last man standing

There is one scenario where I could see new guy pulling out the win. Both you (IB) and new guy targeting chuck for your kills and then Isaiah either protecting chuck or not protecting him. Then it would have been 1 mafia, 1 townie and 1 SKer. Both Isaiah and chuck had pretty strong suspicions you were mafia before the doc claim, and I think new guy's flavor argument (which I tried to discount before dying) might have convinced chuck/Isaiah to vote for you IB. In which case new guy would have cast the lynch vote on you and endgamed town.

I think the only way for town to win was for new guy and IB to shoot each other and for Isaiah to protect chuck. Or have either IB or new guy shoot the other anti town role and have Isaiah not protect anyone (unlikely).
Captain safariguy5

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives