Infection: The Flood are here (2/9) INFECTION WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Infection: Day 5: Last man standing (3/9)

Postby jak111 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:56 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Crazy
QoH
Militant ~ QoH, Crazy (L0)

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

ERROR! CANNOT BE LYNCHED!
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"
Lieutenant jak111

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 am

LOL...such a cruel game this one has been.
Major Iron Butterfly
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 am

Oh, lawl.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 am

QoH wrote:That brings me to MIlitant. Militant has been on the edge of the game the entire time. Yeah, he missed a few days and that hurt the entire game pretty bad, but he's chimed in at a few spots, never really committing one way or the other. This in itself is more incriminating that CMS since Militant had the opportunity to weigh in pretty heavily on a few things, but didn't.

I don't get this. I would draw the opposite conclusion form the information you've presented. When I posted on day two to suggest we random lynch for more information, that would be of disadvantage to me if I were mafia. And then when I posted again I claimed a character from the game (as far as I can tell from the website that was quoted) and my power, which has now been proven, but you wouldn't of known that. And then I lynched a serial killer. Anyway, I struggle to see how you'd consider me more suspicious than a player who has done nothing and has tried to attract no attention to himself at all, and has made it to the last day. If I were mafia, I'd probably have lurked like CMS has done, because in my experience, it works.

I like also how the same offence can be indicative of two different alignments. You say I hurt the town by not being active, which I did (sorry again) but didn't CMS's inactivity has the same effect? How is it that you allow CMS the excuse of disinterest but don't consider the same thing for me? No offence Jak.

QoH wrote:I can back up whatever I've been saying with this information: I am a townie, Jacob Shepherd Spartan 202, and I have a few powers (killing, saving, tracking, watching). I can say that I tracked JG when there was a huge conspiracy around him, and found out that he was telling the truth when he said he had been watching people from the first night scene. He had visited CMS before he died, and CMS came up clean. Last night, I too watched CMS, who was visited by DiM who wanted more information on him. CMS, again, came up clean. While their various powers might have been different, DiM and JG both had a look at CMS and he came up clean in their eyes. If it was only one person who had visited CMS, I might have thought differently about this entire situation. But 2 green lights is hard to ignore.

How do you know that CMS was clean on the night that JG tracked him? How does the fact that DiM visited CMS constitute a green light? I take it you are a JOAT then? Am I right in thinking that you still have your last two powers intact? I searched on google on could find no mention of a player with the name you provided. Avery Johnson smokes cigars though. Isn't it strange that on the two nights that each of the fore-mentioned players visited CMS, they died?

Okay, your vote is suspicious in the extreme because at the beginning of your post you said you were going to re-read, and yet by the end you'd voted me and encouraged an unconfirmed player (and one whom you've been very lenient on) to lynch me before I've even had a chance to speak. That isn't to mention my likely and now proven claim. How come you changed your mind in the time it took you to write your post?

crazymilkshake5 wrote:Vote Mil

Seriously? That couldn't have been quicker if you tried. You didn't even type my full name.

The deadline in GMT is three in the morning tomorrow so we have today to lynch. I'm guessing you two are going to turn against each other, but I'm also hoping you have something to say. I'll be back before the deadline.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 am

so looks like Mil is a unlynchable townie... Vote QoH
hes gonna vote for me, so its up to you Mil... lol
highscore
Lieutenant crazymilkshake5

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:41 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:so looks like Mil is a unlynchable townie... Vote QoH

I realise that but I was hoping you'd have a little more to say.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 am

militant wrote:

there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.
highscore

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.

Who have you blocked, if anyone, on the previous nights?

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:11 am

OK. This is very interesting. I don't even know what to do from here. I need to look at this some more, and I"ll reply to everything that's been said so far.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 am

militant wrote:I don't get this. I would draw the opposite conclusion form the information you've presented. When I posted on day two to suggest we random lynch for more information, that would be of disadvantage to me if I were mafia. And then when I posted again I claimed a character from the game (as far as I can tell from the website that was quoted) and my power, which has now been proven, but you wouldn't of known that. And then I lynched a serial killer. Anyway, I struggle to see how you'd consider me more suspicious than a player who has done nothing and has tried to attract no attention to himself at all, and has made it to the last day. If I were mafia, I'd probably have lurked like CMS has done, because in my experience, it works.

I like also how the same offence can be indicative of two different alignments. You say I hurt the town by not being active, which I did (sorry again) but didn't CMS's inactivity has the same effect? How is it that you allow CMS the excuse of disinterest but don't consider the same thing for me? No offence Jak.

I don't really know how to respond to this... yes you've done a lot more than CMS, but as to you ynching the serial killer, I've seen people do a lot more to get the townies to trust them. But, you're town, so this is all behind us now.

militant wrote:
QoH wrote:I can back up whatever I've been saying with this information: I am a townie, Jacob Shepherd Spartan 202, and I have a few powers (killing, saving, tracking, watching). I can say that I tracked JG when there was a huge conspiracy around him, and found out that he was telling the truth when he said he had been watching people from the first night scene. He had visited CMS before he died, and CMS came up clean. Last night, I too watched CMS, who was visited by DiM who wanted more information on him. CMS, again, came up clean. While their various powers might have been different, DiM and JG both had a look at CMS and he came up clean in their eyes. If it was only one person who had visited CMS, I might have thought differently about this entire situation. But 2 green lights is hard to ignore.

How do you know that CMS was clean on the night that JG tracked him? How does the fact that DiM visited CMS constitute a green light? I take it you are a JOAT then? Am I right in thinking that you still have your last two powers intact? I searched on google on could find no mention of a player with the name you provided. Avery Johnson smokes cigars though. Isn't it strange that on the two nights that each of the fore-mentioned players visited CMS, they died?

I never even thought of it like that Militant. I was going off of what they were saying, and the way I interpreted the information I was reading through... I am a JOAT (I have 2 powers left, saving and killing), and names clearly don't matter too much, since there are other townies who don't match up. You're right though, CMS is more suspicious than I thought at first. I don't see how I missed the connection between DiM's and JG's death and their visits to CMS.

militant wrote:Okay, your vote is suspicious in the extreme because at the beginning of your post you said you were going to re-read, and yet by the end you'd voted me and encouraged an unconfirmed player (and one whom you've been very lenient on) to lynch me before I've even had a chance to speak. That isn't to mention my likely and now proven claim. How come you changed your mind in the time it took you to write your post?

I had started writing the post, and I had to leave the house, so I saved it as a draft. Instead of starting a new post, I read through some things and revised the draft to where it was. The first part of the post was from the earlier version before I read through the thread.

militant wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:Vote Mil

Seriously? That couldn't have been quicker if you tried. You didn't even type my full name.

Bandwagon much? I was wrong with my "logic" and it looked like CMS didn't even read all of it, if all he put were those 2 words. Kind of supports your theory he might be mafia, especially when coupled with the deaths of DiM and JG, as you pointed out.

Well now we're at a disagreement. :lol:

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.

No reasoning? I mean, you obviously don't need any. You obviously will say you're town (you said you're a roleblocker) and Militant is unlynchable. But, I'm a JoAT, so I'm obviously going to vote for you since I don't believe you.

However, there is much more evidence against you than there is for me. I've only worked with DiM (or so it feels like I've only been talking with him) about trying to find Mafia. I don't know what more you want me to have done to prove my innocence.

Therefor...

unvote vote CMS

Up to you now Mil.
Major QoH

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

militant wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:there really isnt anything i can do, I'm a roleblocker, so if we do a NL, which probably isnt going to happen, I would block Qoh, and there (should) be no death. then i would be proven, but I'm not. so its in your hands mate.

DiM Nights 1-3, and you N4

the reason why i blocked DiM N1-3 is because there wasnt a kill N1, and i blocked him, so i was thinking that if i blocked him and there wasnt a kill, i was on a good lead.
highscore

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

the reason why i blocked DiM N1-3 is because there wasnt a kill N1, and i blocked him, so i was thinking that if i blocked him and there wasnt a kill, i was on a good lead.

And yet you kept blocking him even after there were kills?
Major QoH

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:26 pm

QoH wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

he turned up ??? right? so obviously i did something right.
highscore

Postby QoH on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
QoH wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
militant wrote:

he turned up ??? right? so obviously i did something right.

No, DiM was a townie... and he was killed. You kept blocking him, maybe from something useful.
Major QoH

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:12 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Crazy ~ QoH (L1)
QoH ~ CMS (L1)
Militant ~

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Deadline in about 6 hours.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"
Lieutenant jak111

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives