Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 1 has begun

Postby vodean on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:25 pm

zimmah wrote:
vodean wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
nagerous wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
nagerous wrote:I am back in this depressing country now btw.

Well that's a lynch me if you can invite if I've ever heard one ... lol! unvote vote nag

Or it was an attempt to flush out any people that saw opportunity to try and bandwagon on an easy lynch without real discussion and congrats you fell into my trap unvote vote hippo

Didn't know it would work that easily!!

Lol ... unvote

unvote vote hippo for changing vote colors every time.

Actually hippo always uses that purple color. If my vote wasn't allready on you I'd vote you for not knowing that.

it was more a reference to his vote-flopping, and then forgetting to color his unvote. its quoted.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 pm

elo was on LC, but declined to post here. Do what you will with this info.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jonty125 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:58 am

edocsil wrote:elo was on LC, but declined to post here. Do what you will with this info.

Do you mean to say, you asked him to post in here? Or, he was in LC and hasn't shown in his face in here.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 am

Last time I checked this last night, there was nothing new to review. I accidentally logged into LC for a second (I don't usually go there). If anyone tried to contact me there, I didn't see if either.

So, I kinda thought we were outta the joke stage phase already. Turns out we're not. Newbie mistake. I've played mafia before, so I'm not completely new to the game, but I've only played a few times online and that was obviously another site. I read a few completed threads here to see how you all did things.

Again, apologies for jumping the gun, and missing this thread last evening when I was on.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby strike wolf on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 am

Elon definitely reacted strongly. Difficult to say if he was fishing or just a newbie thing. Odd as it sounds I kind of believe his defense.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Djfireside on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

strike wolf wrote:Elon definitely reacted strongly. Difficult to say if he was fishing or just a newbie thing. Odd as it sounds I kind of believe his defense.

There was a defense in that?!? I guess the only thing stated was he was on and didnt comment here out of missight which happens so okay. I dont get how he reacted strongly but bleh.

As a point Elon, the joke vote stage may be ending to a point since it is a icebreaker but be mindful that it holds real votes so be watchful as your have piled up a few
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Anybody else think that Strike is being a little over-protective there?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby aage on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:39 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Anybody else think that Strike is being a little over-protective there?

Yes.

The defense in the post was that he thought we were out of the "joke stage". I'll admit that I usually let the so-called joke stage pass without doing overly much because in the end it is always redundant and often leads to a poor lynch. Everyone seems to know when it ends except the person who makes that one joke just after the phase ended, at which point everyone will accuse that person of being scummy. On the other hand, when one posts a serious post before the phase-end hits, everyone will also accuse that person of being scummy. My advise to you is to make posts that fall into neither categories, or simply not to post at all.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:30 pm

As far as I can see, there's really not much meta to be found with regards to protecting/hunting newbies. Nag/fir have taken opposite sides before, and it usually doesn't register as a scum/town tell to me.

unvote since I think we're basically out of jokevote stage.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Anybody else think that Strike is being a little over-protective there?

How so? I barely wandered out of neutral territory. Frankly I didn't even tell you guys to not lynch him. I merely suggested I can kind of believe his defense and offered two sides to the same argument. I've just seen many newbies say the same thing before about being unsure of when the joke phase has technically ended and for the record, it does appear that they end up town on those charges as often as not town. If you wanted to lynch him, well f*ck I'd even join in considering how close it is to deadline. I'm just trying not to blindly and feverishly execute the new player over his first mistake.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby vodean on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:01 am

strike wolf wrote:

How so? I barely wandered out of neutral territory. Frankly I didn't even tell you guys to not lynch him. I merely suggested I can kind of believe his defense and offered two sides to the same argument. I've just seen many newbies say the same thing before about being unsure of when the joke phase has technically ended and for the record, it does appear that they end up town on those charges as often as not town. If you wanted to lynch him, well f*ck I'd even join in considering how close it is to deadline. I'm just trying not to blindly and feverishly execute the new player over his first mistake.

and we were supposed to read all of this from a one-liner, right.
Sergeant vodean

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 am

vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Hmmm!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jonty125 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:59 am

vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Sometimes the best questions, are the shortest questions.

Back On Topic, I don't see anything in the SW case, but if elon flipped scum I suppose we could WIFOM that SW is his scum buddy.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:09 am

Will catch up and post tomorrow morning (little over 12 hours).

Been slammed with work. Apologies.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby redhedge47 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 am

you know at thid point the joke stage has defnatly passed Unvote
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:45 am

vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Well how were you supposed to read that I was overly defensive of Elon from a one-liner?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby vodean on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 am

strike wolf wrote:
vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Well how were you supposed to read that I was overly defensive of Elon from a one-liner?

i didnt. some people did. i disagreed, but only logged on later. what strikes me is that you are bringing it up again.
Sergeant vodean

Postby geegel on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 am

At this stage I realize that lynching is a good idea, but speed-lynching is not. If you look at the bandwagon vote I'm sure there are at least one or two mafia scum voting for it. OTOH there's also the possibility of catching the SK or the cult leader.

So... unvote

vote nag

Obviously FOS on Vodean and LV.
Sergeant 1st Class geegel

Postby zimmah on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 am

geegel wrote:At this stage I realize that lynching is a good idea, but speed-lynching is not. If you look at the bandwagon vote I'm sure there are at least one or two mafia scum voting for it. OTOH there's also the possibility of catching the SK or the cult leader.

So... unvote

vote nag

Just So you know, both of hem haven't really posted serious comments, their last posts are well within the joke vote stage. So I don't really understand your logic here.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby aage on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 am

strike wolf wrote:
vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Not so much overly defensive. It's just that you so very subtly mentioned that you believed his defense without really explaining anything. It appeared as if you were implying that the defense should be believed because you believed it. Then again, you might just have been saying that you believed his defense, period. That's why I didn't pursue it in my post.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am

vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

i didnt. some people did. i disagreed, but only logged on later. what strikes me is that you are bringing it up again.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:32 am

My internet is screwing with me. try to post later

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Djfireside on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am

The strike defense did seem a bit off which is why I posted what I did. Ill leave my vote on Elon as we have to start somewhere and with all that has happened the only viable point that I see at this point is elon and SW's banter. While I can see SW's point on newbies, its D1 with nothing much to go on and that caught me off guard as it did others so I believe its worthwhile pursuing.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Not much to comment on, to be honest. I think some people were blowing strike's "defence" out of proportion. He made an observation it could be x or y and then said he thinks its x. Hardly leaping forward to defend someone. On the point of noobi-ness I'm willing to believe it was

Now the wagon on Elon doesn't really matter... it seemed to be largely comprised of jokevotes. The fact that strike took it seriously may be a point of interest... but ultimately the defence had basis (we seem to always get hung up on the noobiness vs. scumminess debate) and wasn't made illogically to purely defend. What is more important are people's thoughts on the wagon.

What did strike me as odd is DJ's post above. Why leave your vote on Elon? The banter is a viable point to look at, but so is everyone else's opinion on it. Although not a lot of substance there's a chance to take leads from peoples views. Earlier in the day you put forward a joke-vote on Elon all about his name, and then was surprised when there was no defence from him. Was he meant to respond to the jokevotes with a valid defence? Basically I'm looking for a reason on why you're keeping your vote there. The reasoning of "its D1 with nothing much to go on and that caught me off guard" seems very wishy-washy to me.

Obviously I'm reading more into this then intended, but to get rid of my jokevote and attempt some new pressure moving forward I will: Unvote and Vote DJfireside.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 pm

vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

It was a hypothetical question. You didn't, others did.

aage wrote:

Yes.

The defense in the post was that he thought we were out of the "joke stage". I'll admit that I usually let the so-called joke stage pass without doing overly much because in the end it is always redundant and often leads to a poor lynch. Everyone seems to know when it ends except the person who makes that one joke just after the phase ended, at which point everyone will accuse that person of being scummy. On the other hand, when one posts a serious post before the phase-end hits, everyone will also accuse that person of being scummy. My advise to you is to make posts that fall into neither categories, or simply not to post at all.

Admittedly Aage's second post was more well reasoned on it.

Secondly, why wouldn't I be bringing it up? it's not like it had faded from the limelight and I was responding to an ancient case that had long since died. It was the talk of the moment. Possibly the case du jour. Elon with a side of strike wolf. Am I supposed to ignore it and hope it doesn't cause me to be associated with me on later days? or should I try to restore confidence while it's still in the wild speculation stage?

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
vodean wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Not so much overly defensive. It's just that you so very subtly mentioned that you believed his defense without really explaining anything. It appeared as if you were implying that the defense should be believed because you believed it. Then again, you might just have been saying that you believed his defense, period. That's why I didn't pursue it in my post.

The quickest answer to that is the highlighted section wasn't intended. I was merely making a quick comment to state my position as time was dwindling in the day and Elon seemed to be the closest thing to a real case.

zimmah wrote:
geegel wrote:At this stage I realize that lynching is a good idea, but speed-lynching is not. If you look at the bandwagon vote I'm sure there are at least one or two mafia scum voting for it. OTOH there's also the possibility of catching the SK or the cult leader.

So... unvote

vote nag

Just So you know, both of hem haven't really posted serious comments, their last posts are well within the joke vote stage. So I don't really understand your logic here.

Simply posting this to try to show some agreement with Zimmah here. I did not follow the logic in Geegel's vote. Perhaps it was just poorly worded (happens all the time) but I did not follow the post.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives