Conquer Club

Dexter Mafia S2. Fires Snuffed: Endgame Town and Dexter Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dexter Mafia S2. Fires Snuffed: Endgame Town and Dexter

Postby / on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Hm, an interesting game. Good going town, thanks strike! I look forward to a role list. By the way, despite being labeled town cop, I was once again a locked vanilla role with unknown (to me) abilities, unlocked upon the death of the lead investigator.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

chapcrap wrote:Dang safari, I really thought you were scum. I just didn't like your reasoning at all those first days.

Good win for the town. Quick. Getting jonty early definitely helped.

Admittedly I was pretty aggressive with the theory Day 2, but considering the circumstances and my reasoning, I thought I had a pretty good case.

Really, all it took was ONE other person to softclaim VT and I probably would have backed off it.

I mean really, it wasn't as if I was pushing for a power role claim, I think that some sort of indication of another person being VT wasn't going to be overly valuable anyways. Considering that jonty was one-shot BP sk and we had 2 extra nightkills, we probably had slightly more roles with night actions anyways, so VT meat shields were actually in the minority.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Really, all it took was ONE other person to softclaim VT and I probably would have backed off it.
When I was reading through the thread with the advantage knowing most people's roles it was easy enough to see that Vodean was attempting to do that, just doing so somewhat poorly...
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 am

First off, I promise never to try writing role PMs after midnight again. I think Bgthebrain is (not-so-)living proof of why that's a bad idea. Next, I have to say. Balancing an SK game is more difficult than a straight up mafia game. In a regular game, it's more or less balance 50/50 between town and scum and if there's an SK they are usually accepted as being likely to lose and get the small piece of the pie while keeping mafia and town balanced. I imagine Mafia and cult games are tough to balance too but never cared for straight up cult so never used one in my games. I was trying to give the SKs just as good of a chance to win as town in this game which more or less meant splitting it 33/33/33 and the extra night kills in a relatively small game...Really did think town was in trouble when they lost all of their investigative roles early. I did try to balance out the rest by giving town decent power roles to go with the VTs. Doctor and Jailer for protection. RB and Jailer for blocking SKs. Flavor cop, Watcher and Back up cop for investigations. I particularly like the watcher role. When it is unknown in the game, it serves well as an investigative role however once the watcher claims it actually becomes as much of a protective role as an investigative. Steering the killers away from the best targets. Some roles were given brief flavor about where they stood on the Bay Harbor Butcher case but I left out specific alternative win conditions as I felt that may give away too much about the season.

As far as fakes, I tried to give the SKs strong name claims but weaker role claims and a brief explanation of the character's place in the season. I gave Dexter the choice of trying to act like the town vig and hoping to get away with his own name or asking for a fake (Paul Bennett, Astor Bennett and Deputy Director Max Adams were top of the list),

I seem to have misplaced Epitaph's specific role PM (the rest got saved but I guess I missed Epi's and it's since been deleted?). though I am pretty sure I gave Vince Masuka as a VT claim with the add-on. "you're the lead Forensic Investigator" which basically means you don't do $#!#. Lila had a 2 shot (I think) attempt to recruit Dexter as well which could be accepted or declined (without revealing who Lila was in game) but at the cost of both of their night kills. Depending on at what point in the game that happened I felt it could significantly hinder or help them (in hindsight though I probably should have given an extra perk with the pairing to make it less of a disaster if it actually happened).

As far as Dexter, I don't know how Spiesr feels about replacing so late into the game that there was literally less than 3 days from when he replaced to end game but I admit I would have felt bad having an inactive player win and I always hate Modkilling (actually I don't think I've ever been forced to mod kill any players).

Night actions:

Ironbutterfly jails chap
Saf blocks BGthebrain
Chuck Kill Iron butterfly (switched with shaggy)
Aage watch Vodean
Epitaph kill Aage
Shaggydan Flavor BG, Cop Edocsil
Edocsil protect safari
LSUTigerjosh switch Ironbutterfly and Shaggydan
Shaggydan killed / takes over as cop.

Night 2:

Safari blocks Bgthebrain
Epitaph kill /. Recruit Edocsil (failed)
Iron butterfly jail edocsil
LSUtigerjosh swap Safari and Chapcrap
Chuck kill Edocsil
Edocsil protect safari (blocked)

/ never sent in an action but he couldn't have stopped his death anyways.

Night 3:

Edocsil protect safari (blocked)
LSutigerjosh swap self with BGthebrain
Safari block chapcrap
Jak kill Bgthebrain (swapped with LSU)
Epitaph kill LSU (swapped with Bgthebrain)
Ironbuttefly Jail Edocsil.

ROLES:

Edocsil:

strike wolf wrote:You are Detective Angel Bautista-Town Doctor

A loyal and dedicated police officer in the Homicide department. you have recently gone through a divorce however that has not affected your police work. You are a calming force within your department and view yourself as a protector of the innocent. You have dedicated your life to putting away those who harm the innocent. However now you have reached a moral dilemma as a new killer has been uncovered from the dark depths of Miami waters. One who appears to be killing the guilty and you have been assigned to the task force hunting him.

Abilities: You may protect one person each night. If successful they will be protected from kills.

WC: You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Vodean:

strike wolf wrote:You are Gail Brandon-Vanilla townie

You are a former school teacher however you have recently been fired due to a disagreement on how children should be disciplined within the elementery school system. now you have moved down to Miami to "visit" your daughter. However you dislike her newest boyfriend and have been guiding her away from him. With news of the Bay Harbor Butcher coming to light as a slayer of the guilty, you have applauded him as justice against the corrupt.

You have no abilities

Chuck/Jak/Spiesr:

strike wolf wrote:You are Dexter Morgan-Third party killer/framer

At a young age you were around for an event that traumatized you for years to come and turned you to a life away from the light. Taken in by police Detective Harry Morgan, you were raised to harness your dark compulsions into a tool for good. Killing only those guilty and deserving of death. The #1 rule: Don't get caught.

Now things are unraveling around you. Your victims have been discovered, a top FBI agent has been assigned to solve your case and to top it off you're having a crisis of conscience. Are you Dexter Morgan-Bay Harbor Butcher? or are you Dexter Morgan-The Dark Avenger?

Abilities: each night you can select to kill or frame one target. You may also choose not to send in an action.

Win Condition: You're only goal is to survive until endgame.

Note: I'm very interested to see how this role plays out. I didn't give you a fake claim but I do have one if you want it.

BGthebrain:

strike wolf wrote:You are Captain Matthews-Vanilla townie

You are a high ranking member of the police force. However with the FBI heading the Bay Harbor butcher investigation, you have taken a backseat in current affairs regarding homicide. Leaving you with less power than you would have normally. While perhaps self-serving and immoral much of the time. You are a friend of the Morgan family and a good policeman. Even if you do tend to butt heads with some of your officers.

Abilities: None

WC: you win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Safariguy:

strike wolf wrote:You are Sgt. Detective James Doakes-Roleblocker

While only semi-known to the rest of the department. You are a former Spec. Ops. agent for the U.S. Military. However now you work for the Homicide department for the Miami Police. You are the hothead on the force. Often harassing witnesses or otherwise jeopardizing investigations. However you also have a keen insight into killer behavior and distrust all lab geeks (especially Dexter Morgan). WIth the recent discovery of the Bay Harbor Butcher on Miami shores, you have dedicated yourself to finding the S.O.B.

Abilities: You can target one person a night and they will be unable to perform any actions.

Shaggydan:

strike wolf wrote:You are Special Agent Frank Lundy-Flavor investigator/1-shot cop

A hot shot in the FBI. You have worked many cases on serial killers and solved every single one of them, even the infamous Green River Killer. Now bodies are popping up from the depths of Miami waters to a killer being called "The Bay Harbor Butcher" and you have been brought in to lead a task force to solve the case.

Abilities: each night you can investigate one person to find out flavor of their character (the flavor may just say that they do or do not carry a weapon of some kind or may contain back story)

Win Condition: you win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Aage:

strike wolf wrote:You are Rita Bennett-Town Watcher

You are a single mother of two trying to get by while your addict ex-husband is in jail. Of course having to keep an eye on two kids has also given you a vigilant eye for details. Still it is difficult getting by at times. Thankfully you have a (at least seemingly) caring and compassionate boyfriend in Dexter Morgan. With his help you have gotten through and remained remained vigilant in caring for Cody and Astor.

Abilities: you can watch one person each night and see who visited them.

WC: You win when all threats to townies have been eliminated.

/

strike wolf wrote:You are Debra Morgan-Town Deputy

A few months ago, you had a close encounter with a dangerous serial killer. Since then you have closed yourself off from most people constantly keeping the door locked (to your brother's chagrin) and exercising constantly. Living at your brother's place has gotten you by for the last few months, he's not the most emotionally supportive person in your life but he has provided a comforting presence for you and you don't know what you would do without him. Still his presence has done nothing to ease the memories of your experience and you still see the face of your attacker in your head.

Now you are finally cleared to go back to the police force, though you are feeling a little uncertain about going back on to active duty. At least until a new case, the biggest in Miami history, came up. One that could take your mind off of your past troubles.

Abilities: You have no current abilities but can game some if the current lead investigator dies.

Wc: you win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Chapcrap

strike wolf wrote:You are Gabriel Bosque-Vanilla townie

You come from a hard hitting family and had to learn to defend yourself early on. You spend a lot of time at the gym, exercising and boxing however your true calling is writing children's novels. Lately you've started seeing a cop from the Miami Homicide Division named Debra Morgan as she tells you about her case on the Bay Harbor Butcher and her new boss, the hot shot FBI agent.

Abilities: none

LSUtigerjosh:

strike wolf wrote:You are Lt. Esme Pascal-Busdriver

A media hero, you have been promoted to Lieutenant of the Miami Homicide division in place of Maria LaGuerta. however new to the group you are not yet trusted and it quickly becomes apparent that you have other concerns that need to be taken care of. Even with a new SK, nicknamed The Bay Harbor Butcher, promising to be Miami Metro's biggest case ever and bringing in attention from the FBI, you have stuck to your own concerns and have redirected department resources when you have gotten the chance.

Abilities: you can switch any two people at night and whatever action was targeted at one will hit the other.

Jonty125:

strike wolf wrote:You are Lil Chino-1 shot BP Serial killer

As an enforcer for a local drug cartel, you are a very big, very intimidating man. You've killed many people and would not hesitate to do so again under the right conditions. Lately however, Miami Metro is closing the noose around you and pulling you closer to a conviction on multiple murders. However with Bay Harbor Butcher case distracting them, maybe you can hold off conviction long enough to kill all the witnesses.

Abilities: you are a serial killer. On top of this you have a one shot ability to survive a kill.

Win Condition: you win when you are the only person left alive.

Fake Claim: Cody Bennett-VT

Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby / on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 am

Oh, right, you did tell me I was deputy, but I don't think I got any notification that my role was activated after Shaggy died.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:26 am

/ wrote:Oh, right, you did tell me I was deputy, but I don't think I got any notification that my role was activated after Shaggy died.

I just looked apparently I had saved it to drafts instead of submitting it. :oops:
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Epitaph1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:14 am

strike wolf wrote:You are Lila West (AKA Lila Tournay)-Serial Killer

You are a recovering narcotics addict as well as a pyromaniac. Most of your time, you spend stealing lawn decorations to use as pieces for your art however lately you have found a new fixation. A man named Dexter Morgan. You do not know much about him except that like you he has something dark growing inside him and the more you see him the more you have become obsessed to know him. To be with him. An obsession that is driving you to more and more dangerous behavior.

Abilities: each night you may select someone to burn and kill. YOu also have a 2 shot chance at locating dexter, if sucessful Dexter may choose to join you. However this will cause you to lose your kill ability.

WC: You win if you are the last person alive.

Fake Claim: Vince Masuka-Lead Forensic Investigator.

I wasn't under the impression that Vince was VT based on this role pm. I had no idea who was Dexter until we massed claimed at the end. It was too late then.
Major Epitaph1

Postby aage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 am

Epitaph kill Aage

Why? Also, damn you! :p
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 am

aage wrote:
Epitaph kill Aage

Why? Also, damn you! :p

To be honest, I found it kind of funny that Epi stumbled upon the two people Lila would have most enjoyed getting rid of in the show.

Cadet strike wolf

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives