Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D1

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 am

safariguy5 wrote:God, what's with all this talk about penises and panties...Freud was right.

I won't get into Freud. He set up a lot for psychology but a large number of his theories are kind of umm...inaccurate especially as culture has changed. Times were way different back then.

Anyways, it appears we are at that strange cross roads where joke votes and serious discussion meets. Don't have much to say. Jak grasped at straws and Aage correctly pointed out how it could be scummy to try to make a case out of nothing and I also believe is right not to vote over it.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 am

unvote

I'll be back when the game is getting serious.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:53 am

Well in that case unvote, vote chapcrap for future inactivity. :P
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am

ShaggyDan wrote:
aage wrote:Technically I could call you scum now because you're serious'ing up so soon in D1. I won't, though, despite the poor analogy. My panties are fine.

Bah, surely scum would want the joke-votes to continue until close to a deadline when people make rushed decisions under pressure.

Unvote and Vote Aage... because... umm... reasons.

I could just directly quote Jak here: "it's all I got this early in D1". Deadline is twelve days away. I'm in no rush yet, far from it. The thing is that (a) I find 'defining the jokevote stage end' to be both an arrogant and redundant task to take upon oneself, and (b) we're 48 hours into the game, I suspect there are still several players who haven't even posted yet. It is scummy to assume so much, imo, definitely worth a FoS which I didn't even extend. But thanks for the vote.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:37 pm

unvote vote crazy for starting the whole damn penis conversation
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:unvote vote crazy for starting the whole damn penis conversation

that conversation has been over, lol
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I at this time have nothing of substance to add,except so far jak is the only one to really step out on the limb so to speak.

I can see what he is saying but as most of you know I am not a BW fan,and its all circumstance,lots of time til deadline,lets see who slips.
Private jgordon1111

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:unvote vote crazy for starting the whole damn penis conversation

Living a page behind are we?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:I at this time have nothing of substance to add,except so far jak is the only one to really step out on the limb so to speak.

I can see what he is saying but as most of you know I am not a BW fan,and its all circumstance,lots of time til deadline,lets see who slips.

Translation: "I'm not going to add anything or stick my own neck out, but you guys go nuts and I'll be here to jump on someone else."

Unvote and Vote jgordon as good a reason as any to vote at this stage.

Note: This is only a semi-serious vote... I do realise we're still in that kind of twilight between joke votes / start of game and actual substance being posted.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby vodean on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 pm

strike wolf wrote:

Living a page behind are we?

speak for yourself
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby VioIet on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 am

safariguy5 wrote:God, what's with all this talk about penises and panties...Freud was right.

I thought we were supposed to be talking about boats by now.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 am

ShaggyDan wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:I at this time have nothing of substance to add,except so far jak is the only one to really step out on the limb so to speak.

Translation: "I'm not going to add anything or stick my own neck out, but you guys go nuts and I'll be here to jump on someone else."

Note: This is only a semi-serious vote... I do realise we're still in that kind of twilight between joke votes / start of game and actual substance being posted.

Really thats how you interpreted what I said. Play some games with me before you jump to conclusions LOL. And please dont skim or misinterpret what I have said. i.e., I will be here to jump on someone else. semi-serious vote? first time I have seen one of those. Are you trying to start a BW? Lets see who jumps on with you shall we.
Private jgordon1111

Postby jonty125 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:03 am

Well if this game is geting serious then, unvote, vote jak for doing a Yomiel and constructing a very weak case made of WIFOM about an imaginary link between three posts.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 pm

jonty125 wrote:Well if this game is geting serious then, unvote, vote jak for doing a Yomiel and constructing a very weak case made of WIFOM about an imaginary link between three posts.

At least I give jak some credit for trying to get a case, it being Day 1 and whatnot. Someone has to start it, even if it's not the best.

unvote for now.
Captain safariguy5

Postby F1fth on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 am

ShaggyDan wrote:

"Semi-serious" vote? What does that mean?

I think your own words apply quite well to you here. It sounds like you said that to protect yourself in the event that others bandwagon either you or your accused. In one case you claim you can pass it off as a jokey vote and in the other you can claim you were serious enough to warrant a bandwagon. It's not scummy to try and protect yourself, but it certainly is to try to start a bandwagon while covering your intentions with a vague statement.

Unvote, FOS Shaggy
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby DRoZ on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:18 pm

I would like to look into the CM5 mini bandwagon a bit more...

The penis vote was an obvious joke and I would at first assume that the subsequent votes on him were due to joke votes themselves / offended players voting their displeasure. A quick run through brings up a little on the timing of it all.

CM5- penis vote (4th, 4:17)
=> Nag- vote on CM5 (4th, 4:25)
=> Chap- CM5 vote (4th, 4:32)
=> Sound- CM5 vote (4th, 5:30)
=> Vic- CM5 vote (4th, 5:57)

At this point (4th, 6:03) Hensow asks what CM5 did, but the timing seems a bit rushed, it was only 6 minutes after the Vic vote. If he was confused about what the little rush of votes was for then he could have just read back a few posts and if he was still confused, then maybe wait a bit to see if it clears things up for him. This somewhat rushed reaction could point to an alliance of some sort between the two of them.

=> Gregwolf- CM5 vote (4th, 6:18)

Then at 6:48 on the 4th, CM5 does two things, unvotes the joke penis vote and admonishes hensow for skimming. Possible trying to distance himself from hensow.

Violet then places her vote on hensow for skimming, and hensow returns with an OMGUS vote on violet.

Chap unvotes and seemingly points the reason for his vote due to being offended and states not to return until things get more serious

=>LSU- votes CM5 (6th, 7:37), this seemingly after the commotion caused by the penis vote has died down and everyone begins focusing on the jak post. Bit of a skim I suppose.

Also to note, hensow has posted to apply, confirm, ask about CM5, and the OMGUS, and has now quieted down, maybe now realizing how close he is coming to the spotlight.

This isn't any real indication of overtly scummy behavior, I am just hoping that it was a bit of a misstep by hensow. But I will admit, it is reaching, but that is what early days is for, is it not.

UNVOTE, VOTE Hensow
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby vodean on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:12 pm

see there may be something to it. you guys ought to listen to jak more sometimes.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Hensow on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Did I really need to confurm it was an OMGUS vote
Private Hensow

Postby / on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:34 pm

vodean wrote:you guys ought to listen to jak more sometimes.

jak111 wrote:
Policy vote Vodean >:P

Even your subconscious knows you're scum!
Unvote vote vodean

Could we get a VC?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Hensow wrote:Did I really need to confurm it was an OMGUS vote

OMGUS vote for a valid point somehow is not scummy? And you admitting it was an OMGUS vote gives you no leeway to argue otherwise.

unvote vote hensow
Captain safariguy5

Postby nagerous on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 am

vodean wrote:see there may be something to it. you guys ought to listen to jak more sometimes.

What are you talking about? Jak made case against the wolf of greg not hensow..
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 am

vodean wrote:see there may be something to it. you guys ought to listen to jak more sometimes.

What are you talking about? Jak made case against the wolf of greg not hensow..
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 am

I believe you have mistaken the case. It's not about confirming if it was OMGus. He's saying part of the reason you are scummy is because it was OMGus. Care to give more than a one-liner defense to what he's said about you? Because on Day 1 that case is as good as anything else we've gotten.

Double post from Nag. Only thing I can think of is that Gregwolf was mentioned briefly in both posts. However this is faulty as the case was not implying anything scummy about Gregwolf but about Hensow and a little bit about a possible connection with CM5.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Hensow on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:57 pm

safariguy5 wrote:

OMGUS vote for a valid point somehow is not scummy? And you admitting it was an OMGUS vote gives you no leeway to argue otherwise.

unvote vote hensow

I did not take VioIet's vote as a serious vote that is to say I did not (and do not) believe that at the time of casting her vote for me she had any intention of me being the day one lynch just as my OMGUS vote for her was made with out intent of lynching her.
that was the extent of my reasoning to provide a longer defense I would have to lie or discredit the scum tell.
saying this I suppose I should unvote which I suppose in it self is going to be called a scum tail but I ask would I be asked why I did not unvote.
Private Hensow

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Hensow wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

unvote vote hensow

I did not take VioIet's vote as a serious vote that is to say I did not (and do not) believe that at the time of casting her vote for me she had any intention of me being the day one lynch just as my OMGUS vote for her was made with out intent of lynching her.
that was the extent of my reasoning to provide a longer defense I would have to lie or discredit the scum tell.
saying this I suppose I should unvote which I suppose in it self is going to be called a scum tail but I ask would I be asked why I did not unvote.

Small question here, you say to provide a longer defense you would have to lie. Did I read this correct? and behind it you say you would have to discredit the scum tell. Again did I read this correct?

I havent checked or played with hensow before, is he a new player? If so dude dont ever write stuff like that. If not you need to go ahead with that long defense,and dont lie. ;)
Private jgordon1111

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives