Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D4 22/25

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Or was it because there was not a final VC? This could become slightly interesting.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Rodion wrote:Roleblocked?

rishaed wrote:Or was it because there was not a final VC? This could become slightly interesting.

I was inactive. :(
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby blakebowling on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 pm

chapcrap wrote:

rishaed wrote:Or was it because there was not a final VC? This could become slightly interesting.

So you have to activate your ability? (i.e. you don't get the result automatically?)
Private blakebowling

Postby DRoZ on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:29 pm

It is not your disdain for mistakes that makes you look arrogant Rodion, but rather your presumption. You do not know who or why I watched who I did, yet still, you make assumptions. My role has at least been in part verified, yet you cast doubt. Not only that, you are attempting to telegraph my night action, thereby possibly hindering its usefulness. Nevertheless, as of now, I do not believe you to be scum, just someone falling prey to their own hubris. But as you so eloquently put it, "if you continuously do actions that harm the town, eventually I'll have to assume you are mafia".
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 pm

blakebowling wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

So you have to activate your ability? (i.e. you don't get the result automatically?)

This is correct.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm

DRoZ wrote:You do not know who or why I watched who I did, yet still, you make assumptions.

I was working under the premise that Chap had been silenced and the game's watcher (who could be town or mafia) had not caught the mafia silencer because he miswatched. Considering Chap never got to use his action, it is quite possible that you did watch him, thus not having made a mistake. I apologize if that is the case (do not confirm whether this is or not the case).

Anyway, why would you have to activate this ability, Chap? To me it looks like a passive skill. Do you have multiple abilities to choose from? Are there limited shots (if there are, we need to know in order to optimize them)?
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Actually, Chap, you don't have to answer. I'm starting to think Edoc unknowingly confirmed you as town when he said something like "I wouldn't wait for him if I were you". If you were scum making shit up to mislead town, he would not have interfered the way he did.
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Alright sorry for delay, I wanted to post earlier but well to be quite frank, I didn't feel I had much to say last time I was on. I mostly agree with the list of players chosen for the lynch.

As far as Rodion's comment about Edoc "clearing" Chap, actually if I was the mod and I didn't want the game to become handicapped because everyone was waiting for an inactive player, I would have said roughly the same thing. I believe that chap is town, the role is easily falsified if there is only one anti-town faction in the game, however I won't confirm him as town. Doing so too early is potentially detrimental.

I'm not really a fan of Rodion's dictate town moves attitude but it's nothing new. Revealing too much about town's actions can be detrimental as it tends to tells mafia more about how to get around those actions than help town. There are some exceptions such as saying bla de bla should protect the *insert power role here* is usually a necessary evil of sacrificing a hopefully lesser power role for a stronger power role, though even that in most scenarios at least when there's only one strong power role revealed it's pretty straight forward who town favors protecting. Watcher is a bit of an interesting role. When a watcher is in a game and no one knows that there's a watcher, it serves more as an investigative role however when a watcher is out in the open the player becomes almost as much of a protective role as investigative. It's existence is as much to remind mafia that it's out there to watch those that the other protective roles are to preoccupied to visit themselves. Overall I disagree with Rodion on the watcher, I do not believe that we should dictate where the watcher goes. Chap is not a bad choice however if we straight up tell the mafia that we are going to use the watcher on chap we basically negate roughly 80% of its usefulness. I see no problem with organizing who should be on the lynch.

I'm undecided about Rodion. He's active but that's usually true regardless of Rodion's alignment. I see warning signs but nothing near conclusive yet. I would rather wait and see how his behavior continues.

@Chap: Yes we're still together. going well so far even if we've both been a bit busy lately. Thank you.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm

chapcrap wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

This is correct.

Oh, you should not have said this. In the extremely likely case there is a roleblocker in the mafia team (which is probably pretty large) you won't get results for the rest of the game. I'm going to pray to God there is a busdriver.

I didn't get the impression he has multiple abilities. From what he says I suspect he has to send a PM to Edoc saying "how many?" and then Edoc sends back a number, but that would be an odd ability to have: why send the PM if you do the exact same thing every night?

Fastposted by Strike, but I'm not going to pretend I read his post. I have an essay deadline in six hours.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 pm

I think that chap's role might be something like a cop role where you have to choose to ask the question. Also, with regards to a roleblocker, it's probably a good deterrent that we have a claimed watcher. With a watcher alive, the doc roles can probably go protect someone other than chap so we know that the only people who visit chap would be mafia. Of course, this might be "telegraphing" an action but the more info chap can gather the better and between a watcher and chap's role, I think chap has the more important role.

That said, I'd think we be better off pressuring someone who hasn't claimed yet tomorrow. I doubt we'd be able to get much info out of DroZ that would sway us to vote him one way or another.
Captain safariguy5

Postby VioIet on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 am

chapcrap wrote:

I stated this a long time ago......
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby VioIet on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:09 am

Rodion wrote:
Anyway, why would you have to activate this ability, Chap? To me it looks like a passive skill. Do you have multiple abilities to choose from? Are there limited shots (if there are, we need to know in order to optimize them)?

He would have to actually send in his action to edoc, I would imagine.

strike wolf wrote:
As far as Rodion's comment about Edoc "clearing" Chap, actually if I was the mod and I didn't want the game to become handicapped because everyone was waiting for an inactive player, I would have said roughly the same thing. I believe that chap is town, the role is easily falsified if there is only one anti-town faction in the game, however I won't confirm him as town. Doing so too early is potentially detrimental.

QFT

aage wrote:Oh, you should not have said this. In the extremely likely case there is a roleblocker in the mafia team (which is probably pretty large) you won't get results for the rest of the game. I'm going to pray to God there is a busdriver.

There most likely is a busdriver in a game this large. I think a mafia roleblocker would have blocked chap's ability regardless, even without stating that information.

aage wrote:I didn't get the impression he has multiple abilities. From what he says I suspect he has to send a PM to Edoc saying "how many?" and then Edoc sends back a number, but that would be an odd ability to have: why send the PM if you do the exact same thing every night?

This is the same impression that I got as well.

safariguy5 wrote:I think that chap's role might be something like a cop role where you have to choose to ask the question. Also, with regards to a roleblocker, it's probably a good deterrent that we have a claimed watcher. With a watcher alive, the doc roles can probably go protect someone other than chap so we know that the only people who visit chap would be mafia. Of course, this might be "telegraphing" an action but the more info chap can gather the better and between a watcher and chap's role, I think chap has the more important role.

That said, I'd think we be better off pressuring someone who hasn't claimed yet tomorrow. I doubt we'd be able to get much info out of DroZ that would sway us to vote him one way or another.

QFT
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:45 am

Pardon for the missed deadline, I am settled back in at school and will be able to enforce the deadline tonight. In that vein, the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be hung as always.

Vote Count

vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG,
Rodion (1) ~ Vodean

@SamG, thanks for the unofficial. However I do not see gregwolf's vote, and unless someone can link it it will not be counted.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 am

edocsil wrote:Pardon for the missed deadline, I am settled back in at school and will be able to enforce the deadline tonight. In that vein, the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be hung as always.

Vote Count

vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG,
Rodion (1) ~ Vodean

@SamG, thanks for the unofficial. However I do not see gregwolf's vote, and unless someone can link it it will not be counted.

I think the votes that town have been waiting for are in place,other votes are for future reference at this point. Unless somebody has something extraordinary to say, deadline when you get the time.
Private jgordon1111

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I think that chap's role might be something like a cop role where you have to choose to ask the question. Also, with regards to a roleblocker, it's probably a good deterrent that we have a claimed watcher. With a watcher alive, the doc roles can probably go protect someone other than chap so we know that the only people who visit chap would be mafia. Of course, this might be "telegraphing" an action but the more info chap can gather the better and between a watcher and chap's role, I think chap has the more important role.

As I stated earlier:

Everyone with a night action, do what you think is best. Don't let anyone here tell you what to do. We don't want the mafia to know what anyone's actions will be. You can argue for protecting me, watching me, protecting others, watching others. It doesn't matter. Do what you think it best.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 pm

I think I will have time soon. Give me until the end of the weekend to catch up and I can replace. If you need a replacement...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:01 am

Alrighty, that's time then. Deadline has been reached. Scene tomorrow.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 pm

3 days had come and gone and three nights as well with no sign of their enemy. Now this had changed. They had found their foe. A demon stalked the land, preying on the Saints. As he bent to raise up another man ready to turn to the worship the lords of hell six golden rays of light appeared. The light solidified and six angels spread their wings. Each held a weapon of his own choosing, hand-and-a-half swords, greatswords, spears, maces, hammers, bows, and even a quarterstaff were loosely held in the hands of once angel or another. The demon looked at the unforgiving faces arrayed against him, and knelt begging for mercy. "I am no foe of yours! I am merely looking to survive these trouble times," he cried. The angels knew the lie for what it was, there was no middle ground in Satan's war. By the end all would have to choose a side, there was no other option.

The six remaining angels lunged for the demon and as their weapons pierced him he screamed and flashed to ash. Now one had fallen the angels knew, but how many yet stalked the land?

Vodean ~ Amon ~ Doc Switch has been killed.

It is now Night 4, you have 3 days to submit actions. Replacements will be added to this post.
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N4 21/25

Postby edocsil on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Few announcements before the scene. Doom has offered to replace, but I haven't heard from Lovo, Com9 or victor in a while. I am giving lovo and Com9 24 hours to post or they will both be modkilled. Doom will be replacing Victor if he accepts.

Also, if you haven't noticed, nights have tended to be long. Its for a few reasons, A) Nights are complicated here B) I have less time for CC then I would like C) Some actions are submitted late. I believe this pattern is likely to continue until I go on break on the 22nd and I get past this hellacious semester.

Anyhow, here is the scene.

Sabrael washed the blood from his hands as night fell. His spear he had already seen to, it was cleaned from the evenings kill, but his conscience was not as easy to clean as his spear and hands. The past few days had been quite the struggle for him. He had been pivotal in a few of the lynches of late and and he hand drawn the notice of the demons of the night by finally managing to eliminate one of them. He laid down on a narrow cot that had been hastily prepared for him. He closed his eyes to rest, but before he could come to rest he sensed a presence in the room leaping up Sabrael lunged for his spear but he was too late. Some massive force grabbed him from behind and before he could raise the alarm his head was torn from his shoulders, ending his worries and his burdens.

And so the night came to pass with another death, and so dawn came. Would Yahweh and his angels find another demon today? How many remained? How many remained faithful to Him? So many questions and so few answers.

JGordon ~ Sabreal Archangel ~ Compeller has been killed.

Day 5 has begun 20 alive 11 to lynch. 14 days to deadline, Yahweh willing.
Edoc'sil

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:58 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG

0, 1, 2 or 3?

blakebowling wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.

Claim. And make it believable.
General Rodion

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D5 20/25

Postby edocsil on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 am

Doom Replaces Victor, Iliad replaces Com9 receiving his old role back.
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am

Rodion wrote:

0, 1, 2 or 3?

+1
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:28 am

Rodion wrote:
blakebowling wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.
Claim. And make it believable.

I'm not sure why you're asking for me to claim, I know I haven't been really active, but I don't directly attribute that to being scum. I don't see how that quote is related either.

If the majority of the game wants me to claim, I have no problem.
Private blakebowling

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D1

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:47 am

ShaggyDan wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:I at this time have nothing of substance to add,except so far jak is the only one to really step out on the limb so to speak.

I can see what he is saying but as most of you know I am not a BW fan,and its all circumstance,lots of time til deadline,lets see who slips.

Translation: "I'm not going to add anything or stick my own neck out, but you guys go nuts and I'll be here to jump on someone else."

Unvote and Vote jgordon as good a reason as any to vote at this stage.

Note: This is only a semi-serious vote... I do realise we're still in that kind of twilight between joke votes / start of game and actual substance being posted.

Blakebowling. I am on page 9 and convinced you are scum. I want you to claim.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Rodion wrote:

0, 1, 2 or 3?

My original role was roleblocked. However, someone did gift me one cop investigation for last night. I'm not sure if I really want to reveal the information. If the result was guilty, I would, but since the person was innocent and not in question, I feel there is no need at this moment. Perhaps before the day is out...

I also want blake to claim. Do we really need to vote you to make this happen?
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives