Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:48 pm

In this post aage reveals he is not an angel, and that humans are probably not town:

I think it should be mentioned that we shouldn't disregard the possibility that humans and angels have different win conditions, since if the subvert-thing is in the angel role pm but not in the human role pm. It's not in my role pm anyway, I found out about it through Lsu's and jgordon's posts, so I suppose it is also not in Jak's (or violet's, or other claimed humans') role pms.


In this post (after several of defending droz), aage admits he does not think droz is scum:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:@aage: what? Where do we have proof that he was roleblocked?

Exactly. But if he wasn't roleblocked and he was mafia, it would be pretty strange to claim to have been roleblocked, as I explained in my previous post. Maybe I should have stressed that with "claimed to have been roleblocked" I meant "lie about being roleblocked", I thought that was obvious.
All we know is that his vote is gone, so obviously he wasn't lying about that. That lends some credibility to his roleblock-claim by my book.

@SW, see my reply to DY. I think you misinterpreted what I said.

ebwop

So following that reasoning, claiming to have been blocked if he were a mafia watcher whilst in fact he wasn't blocked would make no sense to do... hence we can conclude that either he is town and lying (which is okay, really, since he's town and I won't be voting him) or he is any alignment and was genuinely roleblocked, and therefore I see no reason to suspect him. Watcher is a pretty useful role to keep alive, and I'm not at all convinced that he must be scum.


In this post, aage admits that there is "no" case on jonty. I took a leap and logic and assumed that meant he thinks jonty is not scum (i.e. is town).
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
F1fth wrote:It would be nice to hear from Safari, but in the interest of moving things along I'm going to Vote Jonty.



My crime?

Being on the list :roll:


Based on the first post, and his claim of human, and his pretend denial of defending both droz and jonty, I am now going into the 90%+ range of scum with aage, compared to 99%+ range with jonty.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby aage on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:10 pm

In this post Doom mixes up alignment with win condition, and claims to be an Angel (Good luck tonight, idiot. I already explained earlier why claiming to be an angel is suicide.):
DoomYoshi wrote:In this post aage reveals he is not an angel, and that humans are probably not town:
I think it should be mentioned that we shouldn't disregard the possibility that humans and angels have different win conditions, since if the subvert-thing is in the angel role pm but not in the human role pm. It's not in my role pm anyway, I found out about it through Lsu's and jgordon's posts, so I suppose it is also not in Jak's (or violet's, or other claimed humans') role pms.

In this post Doom doesn't understand I'm fighting his arguments, not his point, as he's too agressive for my liking and currently even twisting around my words to make them fit his case. You know who I want to be lynched, and letting someone else get lynched is not my agenda.
DoomYoshi wrote:In this post (after several of defending droz), aage admits he does not think droz is scum:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:@aage: what? Where do we have proof that he was roleblocked?

Exactly. But if he wasn't roleblocked and he was mafia, it would be pretty strange to claim to have been roleblocked, as I explained in my previous post. Maybe I should have stressed that with "claimed to have been roleblocked" I meant "lie about being roleblocked", I thought that was obvious.
All we know is that his vote is gone, so obviously he wasn't lying about that. That lends some credibility to his roleblock-claim by my book.

@SW, see my reply to DY. I think you misinterpreted what I said.

ebwop

So following that reasoning, claiming to have been blocked if he were a mafia watcher whilst in fact he wasn't blocked would make no sense to do... hence we can conclude that either he is town and lying (which is okay, really, since he's town and I won't be voting him) or he is any alignment and was genuinely roleblocked, and therefore I see no reason to suspect him. Watcher is a pretty useful role to keep alive, and I'm not at all convinced that he must be scum.

In this post, Doom missed the entire sentence that made up my post. All the 'case' you have on Jonty is his presence on the list and his current behavior which he didn't show earlier.
DoomYoshi wrote:In this post, aage admits that there is "no" case on jonty. I took a leap and logic and assumed that meant he thinks jonty is not scum (i.e. is town).
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
F1fth wrote:It would be nice to hear from Safari, but in the interest of moving things along I'm going to Vote Jonty.



My crime?

Being on the list :roll:


DoomYoshi wrote:Based on the first post, and his claim of human, and his pretend denial of defending both droz and jonty, I am now going into the 90%+ range of scum with aage, compared to 99%+ range with jonty.
Le sigh. Clearly you're not at all biased when you're voting for the lower percentage. Oh well, your vote, not mine.

I hope the rest of town is able to make a properly informed decision.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Rodion wrote:Tl;dr: I'd like Jonty and Soundman to claim.


Sorry Rodion, I aren't claiming unless there is more backing from other players.

DoomYoshi wrote:compared to 99%+ range with jonty.


I wouldn't be so sure, but then again, I have 100% confidence I'm town.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm

I'm cop-confirmed town. Me and Vio are already the biggest targets theoretically.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:43 pm

well i think the only way to move on is for those on the list to claim, and from that list we only need jonty and soundman to do so, therefore i also want jonty and soundman to claim
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class gregwolf121
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: right behind you
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby F1fth on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

I will also throw my support behind the motion to have soundman and jonty claim.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
User avatar
Corporal F1fth
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:15 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N3 22/25

Postby soundman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Here's the night scene I was thinking of:
edocsil wrote:An Archangel sat and watched the shadows. Shapes flickered in the night, and until now, there were none he could be sure he could trust. He had stayed his hand to long now, and now he must act. He took a massive greatsword from his back. It was a colossal thing, no human could have wielded it. In truth it was never meant to be used to kill, it was a totem of the angels power that he received from Yahweh. He chose his target and slammed the sword into the ground, burying it into the earth. A golden shield rose up from the sword and protected its target against the horrors of the night. So the angel stood until dawn came.

It kinda sounds like a JOAT thing to me not a doc role, so aage could be telling the truth.

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm cop-confirmed town. Me and Vio are already the biggest targets theoretically.

Unless one of you are the GF... Also there is a possibility that you're on the initial vote count lynch due to the stolen vote.
User avatar
Captain soundman
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Location: Washington
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N3 22/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 pm

soundman wrote:Here's the night scene I was thinking of:
edocsil wrote:An Archangel sat and watched the shadows. Shapes flickered in the night, and until now, there were none he could be sure he could trust. He had stayed his hand to long now, and now he must act. He took a massive greatsword from his back. It was a colossal thing, no human could have wielded it. In truth it was never meant to be used to kill, it was a totem of the angels power that he received from Yahweh. He chose his target and slammed the sword into the ground, burying it into the earth. A golden shield rose up from the sword and protected its target against the horrors of the night. So the angel stood until dawn came.

It kinda sounds like a JOAT thing to me not a doc role, so aage could be telling the truth.

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm cop-confirmed town. Me and Vio are already the biggest targets theoretically.

Unless one of you are the GF... Also there is a possibility that you're on the initial vote count lynch due to the stolen vote.


This post reeks of scum. Rather than deal with the problem at hand (which of the 3 is scum), soundman just adds to the confusion.

Sorry, droz, turns out you are town after all. I don't like your recent silence though.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N3 22/25

Postby soundman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
soundman wrote:Here's the night scene I was thinking of:
edocsil wrote:An Archangel sat and watched the shadows. Shapes flickered in the night, and until now, there were none he could be sure he could trust. He had stayed his hand to long now, and now he must act. He took a massive greatsword from his back. It was a colossal thing, no human could have wielded it. In truth it was never meant to be used to kill, it was a totem of the angels power that he received from Yahweh. He chose his target and slammed the sword into the ground, burying it into the earth. A golden shield rose up from the sword and protected its target against the horrors of the night. So the angel stood until dawn came.

It kinda sounds like a JOAT thing to me not a doc role, so aage could be telling the truth.

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm cop-confirmed town. Me and Vio are already the biggest targets theoretically.

Unless one of you are the GF... Also there is a possibility that you're on the initial vote count lynch due to the stolen vote.


This post reeks of scum. Rather than deal with the problem at hand (which of the 3 is scum), soundman just adds to the confusion.

Sorry, droz, turns out you are town after all. I don't like your recent silence though.

I'm not adding to the confusion. I'm saying that it's entirely possible that the three anti-town are not all in those four. It could easily be you or Vio, or both in some cases. I find it scummy that as soon as I bring up that point you call me scum and try to downplay what I've said. Got something to hide?
User avatar
Captain soundman
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Location: Washington
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:01 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Tl;dr: I'd like Jonty and Soundman to claim.


Sorry Rodion, I aren't claiming unless there is more backing from other players.

DoomYoshi wrote:compared to 99%+ range with jonty.


I wouldn't be so sure, but then again, I have 100% confidence I'm town.


Ill back one from soundman, but not you.. Idk how I feel about you yet..
User avatar
Major NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 79
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Before I continue. safari. do you know if your role senses all non-town including corrupted humans or justdemons?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7694
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N3 22/25

Postby Rodion on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:30 am

soundman wrote:It could easily be you or Vio, or both in some cases.


I was under the impression that Saf's investigations behaved just like Chap's, meaning he'd be tricked by a possible godfather (it could in fact be 5 out of 12 if Violet or Doom are GF), but I don't really know that.

[color=#FF0000]Edoc, can you confirm or deny?[/color]
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby Rodion on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am

EBWOP:

soundman wrote:It could easily be you or Vio, or both in some cases.


I was under the impression that Saf's investigations behaved just like Chap's, meaning he'd be tricked by a possible godfather (it could in fact be 5 out of 12 if Violet or Doom are GF), but I don't really know that.

Edoc, can you confirm or deny?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby VioIet on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:41 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm cop-confirmed town. Me and Vio are already the biggest targets theoretically.


Is this because I claimed already?

Rodion wrote:
soundman wrote:It could easily be you or Vio, or both in some cases.


I was under the impression that Saf's investigations behaved just like Chap's, meaning he'd be tricked by a possible godfather (it could in fact be 5 out of 12 if Violet or Doom are GF), but I don't really know that.

[color=#FF0000]Edoc, can you confirm or deny?[/color]


Well technically, I've been investigated twice. And anyone could be the GF, so that point seems almost moot. Also, I don't think Edoc can respond to something like that. I think whether or not the GF is investigative-immune should not be revealed during the duration of the game.

Also, I think we should keep in mind that there are more scum in the game than just those three: (aage, soundman, jonty). There has to be at least two more besides them. While I know we want to focus on these three right now, I think everyone should keep that thought in the back of his/her minds.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA


Image
Captain VioIet
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 am
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby edocsil on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Rodion wrote:EBWOP:

soundman wrote:It could easily be you or Vio, or both in some cases.


I was under the impression that Saf's investigations behaved just like Chap's, meaning he'd be tricked by a possible godfather (it could in fact be 5 out of 12 if Violet or Doom are GF), but I don't really know that.

Edoc, can you confirm or deny?


Why would I do that? I can't recall any mod saying GF powers vs investigation. In other news, ill have a VC up tomorrow, but no one is even close to being lynched atm.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login