Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:49 pm

what i don't understand strike, is that you are either sending a subliminal message to an investigative role, either telling us not to make him track crazy because you will do it yourself (or a possible town mason). or you are just a scum trying to look pr.
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I think I know what strike is getting at. And it seems better than what was suggested if I know what is being hinted at. But the only thing that would help is if both the trackers know what is going on. Correct me if the teeny amount of reply I have given is wrong (it almost seems like a DUH, but still).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby / on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm

One think about the character Ra's al Ghul, does anyone who has played the game think he's likely to be "town" regardless of role?

show
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby vodean on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 am

im believing gilli's claim less and less. i realize that he is inactive for a reason right now, but its just poor timing. also, the odds of there being two trackers is incredibly low. im not sure, but i think we might want to kill him to be sure... that sounds really scummy, but im exhausted and dont have the mental energy to put it nicely. otherwise, we need to move on to another case for today. anyone have one?
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Nendreel on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 am

/ wrote:One think about the character Ra's al Ghul, does anyone who has played the game think he's likely to be "town" regardless of role?

show

Early in the game I thought we might have seen Inmates v. Tyger v. Batman groups, but with Strange flipping town, it looks like it going to be Villains v. Batman (v. TP villains).
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 am

This seems a straight Town vs. Mafia game.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 pm

jonty125 wrote:This seems a straight Town vs. Mafia game.

QFT
Sergeant vodean

Postby Gillipig on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:13 am

I am holding back on some things I know and the exact nature of my role. But it's in towns best interest for me to keep doing so.
I don't mind looking scummy to town. After all Ra's al Ghul is not the nicest of characters, but he is sided with town.
I will reveal more about my role tomorrow, but I ask of you to let us take that tomorrow and not now.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 am

i'm ok to let gillipig 1 more day to prove something. I still have my vote on spiesr and i hope other people are also wanting to know more from him.
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:52 am

Ahh the classic hiding ability issue. As far as me being vague. It was intentional. The people who it's relevant to should get my meaning a few others probably do as well.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:09 pm

So, I haven't weighed in for a while now, so I will drop by and post again. I am still in favor of lynching Gillipig today, and nothing that has been mentioned since then really changes anything. We also seem to be stalling out here, so maybe we need to just get it over with already?

Hey lord voldemort, what is the status of replacing Illiad and doing whatever with the other inactives?
Captain spiesr

Postby vodean on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:49 pm

spiesr wrote:So, I haven't weighed in for a while now, so I will drop by and post again. I am still in favor of lynching Gillipig today, and nothing that has been mentioned since then really changes anything. We also seem to be stalling out here, so maybe we need to just get it over with already?

Hey lord voldemort, what is the status of replacing Illiad and doing whatever with the other inactives?

scummariner. and hypocrite?
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:30 pm

spiesr wrote:So, I haven't weighed in for a while now, so I will drop by and post again. I am still in favor of lynching Gillipig today, and nothing that has been mentioned since then really changes anything. We also seem to be stalling out here, so maybe we need to just get it over with already?

exactly what do we have to lose if we let gillipig a chance to prove he is town tonight? we won't get 2 people killed according to night 1.
I think you deserve a brighter spotlight today my friend.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:09 pm

betiko wrote:exactly what do we have to lose if we let gillipig a chance to prove he is town tonight? we won't get 2 people killed according to night 1.
I think you deserve a brighter spotlight today my friend.
What do we have to lose? Well, if we don't end up lynching anyone today then we have basically wasted it, again. Exactly how bad of a thing that would be depends on how likely you think it is that Gillipig is scum. If you really think he is town, then yeah not lynching him today isn't so bad, just a day where nothing was accomplished, but nothing was lost either. If you really think he is scum then not lynching him today looks like a really stupid decision, we through a bunch of our resources to confirm something that wasn't that hard to see in the first place, we don't get anything done today, we have all these actions tied up trying to test him tonight, and he gets to use any scum powers he could have for one more night. Basically we just give the scum an extra night for no good reason. But, if you really are sure he is town I could see why you don't agree with that.
So, I guess that if you don't want to lynch him today you should really work on getting up a case on another player then so that we can maybe actually lynch somebody eventually...
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:24 pm

vodean wrote:

And the point of this is what? Silence has more value then foolish posts.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:03 pm

If you can't find any other replacements i would be willing. . . have been reading this one just out of trying to figure out how mafia games are set up on CC.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes well I need a replacement for jak definitely and illiad too i guess.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 am

edocsil wrote:Silence has more value then foolish posts.

I'd rather people to post foolish posts than not posting at all.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 am

jonty125 wrote:

id appreciate it if people didnt make posts that are scummy beyond their meta
Sergeant vodean

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:19 pm

I agree with edoc and vodean. Because if someone posts something for the sake of posting, not only does it give useless information, but it makes someone look scummy because "they are hiding in plain sight" and arent adding anything to the game. Either way, they get pressured for not posting and/or posting something already there/nothing of value.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

vodean wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

id appreciate it if people didnt make posts that are scummy beyond their meta

I would appreciate it if scum made scummy posts as often as possible, oh right, thanks vodean! ;)
Apart from my other reasons for thinking vodean is suspicious (Read back if you forgot...) I really think his last few posts alone are good for a vote, see it unfold in chronological order

vodean wrote:it is true that i didnt visit anyone, however im not sure that i want to believe his claim even now... a no visit would be quite likely N1, im guessing. CM5 would not really be able to accurately fake that claim, unless he and nag are coordinating (scumbuddies, etc.). im leaving my vote, and FOSing ghostly for trying to distract us with the following:
ghostly447 wrote:* ghostly's big post against Nendreel, see here if interested viewtopic.php?f=213&t=176208&p=3904013#p3903802

Ghostly, HOW DARE YOU MAKE CASES!?

vodean wrote:im believing gilli's claim less and less. i realize that he is inactive for a reason right now, but its just poor timing. also, the odds of there being two trackers is incredibly low. im not sure, but i think we might want to kill him to be sure... that sounds really scummy, but im exhausted and dont have the mental energy to put it nicely. otherwise, we need to move on to another case for today. anyone have one?

WHY WON'T ANYONE POST A CASE? oh wait, I'm still voting for spiesr, aren't I? And I fosed ghostly one page ago.... for posting a huge case, oh well, I don't see anything, let's just kill gillipig...

vodean wrote:

It is extremely hypocritical that someone who hasn't posted in 4 whole days wants someone who hasn't posted in three weeks replaced.

Vote Vodean
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:53 pm

my problem with vodean is that even after a game is finished and the mod gives the results he still is in his own world and can say "see, i knew from the start X was scum" when the mod just said the opposite. He always ends up being lynched and resulting town in the 3-4 games i've been with him. but hey, he's gotta be scum once in a while right?

and spiesr, i understand that it's the best option for you to lynch gillipig, as you are the second player with the most vote.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 pm

betiko wrote:and spiesr, i understand that it's the best option for you to lynch gillipig, as you are the second player with the most vote.
Well, since I am town aligned it is in my interest to do things which help the town win. Thus, it is only in my interest to lynch Gillipig (or whomever) if I feel that person has at least decent odds of actually being scum. If I didn't think Gillipig was scum I would direct my attention elsewhere.
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Vode could be interesting. He was called out day 1 for not voting anyone and I'll admit there's some contradiction in his more recent posts. That last post can be considered a bit scummy as well. He's also tied up in Gillipig's claim which could prove interesting.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby / on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 pm

betiko wrote: He always ends up being lynched and resulting town in the 3-4 games i've been with him. but hey, he's gotta be scum once in a while right?
just a while back he used to come up mafia godfather like half the time. :lol:
strike wolf wrote:Vode could be interesting. He was called out day 1 for not voting anyone and I'll admit there's some contradiction in his more recent posts. That last post can be considered a bit scummy as well. He's also tied up in Gillipig's claim which could prove interesting.
I was considering the link with gillipig, particularly with a newbie it may be tempting to state false results that can't be disproven (known variables with scummates to back up). Working under this assumption, it would also make sense that vodean try to distance himself from having defended gillipig by promoting his lynch early instead of waiting for the inevitability of a failed result.
Also, one reason I feel that his reaction is slightly unnatural for town is the fact that vodean is one of the few that wouldn’t want to give the benefit of the doubt to gillipig, despite being the only one of us to know firsthand if the result was accurate. (which he claims it was.)
This isn’t a definite link, it could also work if gilli is town and vode is scum, as he would feel a bit paranoid in having two trackers breathing down his neck, scum are the ones who know who town is, and now is the ideal time to get gillipig lynched if he’s telling the truth. I would leave the case to itself for now since it is easy to disprove if false.

Er.. I'm sure vodean did vote on day one though.
Sergeant 1st Class /

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives