Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby / on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 pm

betiko wrote: He always ends up being lynched and resulting town in the 3-4 games i've been with him. but hey, he's gotta be scum once in a while right?

just a while back he used to come up mafia godfather like half the time. :lol:

strike wolf wrote:Vode could be interesting. He was called out day 1 for not voting anyone and I'll admit there's some contradiction in his more recent posts. That last post can be considered a bit scummy as well. He's also tied up in Gillipig's claim which could prove interesting.
I was considering the link with gillipig, particularly with a newbie it may be tempting to state false results that can't be disproven (known variables with scummates to back up). Working under this assumption, it would also make sense that vodean try to distance himself from having defended gillipig by promoting his lynch early instead of waiting for the inevitability of a failed result.
Also, one reason I feel that his reaction is slightly unnatural for town is the fact that vodean is one of the few that wouldnā€™t want to give the benefit of the doubt to gillipig, despite being the only one of us to know firsthand if the result was accurate. (which he claims it was.)
This isnā€™t a definite link, it could also work if gilli is town and vode is scum, as he would feel a bit paranoid in having two trackers breathing down his neck, scum are the ones who know who town is, and now is the ideal time to get gillipig lynched if heā€™s telling the truth. I would leave the case to itself for now since it is easy to disprove if false.

Er.. I'm sure vodean did vote on day one though.

screwed up the quotes there EBWOP
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah I screwed up my post. I meant to say called out for not giving a reason for his vote day 1.

Actually you make it more interesting. If Vodean is telling the truth and gillipig's result is accurate he should be the one to trust Gillipig more than anyone else as Gillipig accurately guessed his action. Instead he is casting doubt onto Gillipig's role.

Vote Vodean. I'm personally in favor of giving the trackers a chance to prove themselves at this point (the majority of town does not appear to support lynching either of them as well) and I feel this is the next best case.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 pm

I believe /'s case on vodean is good enough to lend my vote for pressure. At least it will get the game moving, at worst. vote vodean. Also, Im sorry for my recent failing in activity, I just havent had much to say recently on this game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 am

Wow, looks like I didn't miss much in my time away.

strike wolf wrote: Vote Vodean. I'm personally in favor of giving the trackers a chance to prove themselves at this point (the majority of town does not appear to support lynching either of them as well) and I feel this is the next best case.

Quoted for truth. And I know it sucks just to jump on a bandwagon, but I have nothing new to add (people are seemingly being careful with their accusations and vote placing) plus it seems like the game has stalled a little. Vote Vodean.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 am

The problems I have with voting Vodean is that I know he didn't move last night.

But this is what I find suspicious about Vodean;
When I was under attack for suggesting nagerous could be maf assassin he stood by my side saying this:

vodean wrote:as for gillipig, i think he is used to speed games which work a little differently. often they are smaller and have multiple SKs rather than an organized mafia. i dont think he is scummy, but rather is just new to our system.
spiesr, on the other hand, has been jumpy and defensive, with the aid of /, and has consistently attacked people and started BWs (as well as jumping on them). he is trying to lead town, but i think he is misleading us. i voted him yesterday for standing out as scum for a number of reasons on a number of occasions, and now im going to vote him again. unvote(if necessary) vote spiesr

But after I solidified my case with a role and name claim he said this:

vodean wrote:it is true that i didnt visit anyone, however im not sure that i want to believe his claim even now... a no visit would be quite likely N1, im guessing.

Quite a U turn. "even now"? The last post he made about me said he didn't think I was maf, just new to the system. So "even now" makes no sense.
It could be that he at first opted to support me because he knew I was town and thought the odds of me being lynched was large enough even if he didn't join the bandwagon.
It would look good for him the following day if he supported the guy who got wrongly lynched.
When I made a name and role claim that could've changed his mind. I don't see any other reason as to why he would be more suspicious of me after my name and role claim.

For the sake of making him explain himself more clearly. Vote Vodean
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 am

yeah no one is following anymore the spiesr case and i have to say it could be interesting to see what claim vodean comes up with after he's been linked to gillipig.

unvote vote vodean
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:38 am

Gillipig wrote:The problems I have with voting Vodean is that I know he didn't move last night.

But this is what I find suspicious about Vodean;
When I was under attack for suggesting nagerous could be maf assassin he stood by my side saying this:

vodean wrote:as for gillipig, i think he is used to speed games which work a little differently. often they are smaller and have multiple SKs rather than an organized mafia. i dont think he is scummy, but rather is just new to our system.
spiesr, on the other hand, has been jumpy and defensive, with the aid of /, and has consistently attacked people and started BWs (as well as jumping on them). he is trying to lead town, but i think he is misleading us. i voted him yesterday for standing out as scum for a number of reasons on a number of occasions, and now im going to vote him again. unvote(if necessary) vote spiesr

But after I solidified my case with a role and name claim he said this:

vodean wrote:it is true that i didnt visit anyone, however im not sure that i want to believe his claim even now... a no visit would be quite likely N1, im guessing.

Quite a U turn. "even now"? The last post he made about me said he didn't think I was maf, just new to the system. So "even now" makes no sense.
It could be that he at first opted to support me because he knew I was town and thought the odds of me being lynched was large enough even if he didn't join the bandwagon.
It would look good for him the following day if he supported the guy who got wrongly lynched.
When I made a name and role claim that could've changed his mind. I don't see any other reason as to why he would be more suspicious of me after my name and role claim.

For the sake of making him explain himself more clearly. Vote Vodean

Gilli, dont forget to bold that vote.

I will wait for a vote count. I dont think its anywhere close to a lynch, but this is the strongest case this game and I will hammer if required. I just want to make sure he has a chance to claim before going any further.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Nendreel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:03 am

Unvote
I don't think we really need to have the trackers track each other, since we're mostly doubting Gillipig's claim. If Gilli tracks crazy and tells us who crazy tracked that should verify his claim.

An interesting case on Vodean, but I'll wait to see a defense before making my vote.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:11 am

strike wolf wrote:Yeah I screwed up my post. I meant to say called out for not giving a reason for his vote day 1.

Actually you make it more interesting. If Vodean is telling the truth and gillipig's result is accurate he should be the one to trust Gillipig more than anyone else as Gillipig accurately guessed his action. Instead he is casting doubt onto Gillipig's role.

Vote Vodean. I'm personally in favor of giving the trackers a chance to prove themselves at this point (the majority of town does not appear to support lynching either of them as well) and I feel this is the next best case.

Sorry I remember the blue rule. I was just in a rush to get the vote out and didn't make it blue at the time. Fixed now.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 am

I also wanted to warn everyone to watch for a vote count before we lynch him without a claim. Would rather have him claim and then him still be lynched then mislynch because we were too eager, although I will go back and look for a deadline so that we dont hit the deadline through a stalling of vodean (hope that makes sense).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 am

unvote, vote vodean might as well give the trackers a chance to prove themselves, they'll get caught up in their lies eventually and I feel this is a worthy case for my vote.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2]

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 am

lord voldemort wrote:Vote Count 2.2

betiko (2)- edocsil, jak111
new guy1 (1)- jonty125
spiesr (3)- , DRoZ, betiko, Vodean
Gillipig (4)- Nendreel, LSU Josh, spiesr, ghostly447
jonty125 (1)- gregwolf121

Not Voting (10)- Nagerous, cm5, strike wolf, gillipig, Mr. Squirrel, ShaggyDan, Illiad, new guy1, /

Prods going out tonight as well. I think Illiad especially...anyone else specifically??
With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently not set

This is the last count I found (I dont know why I didnt just sort by author :evil:), but I will say that if no votes are stollen and all of the votes are counted, then vodean should have around 3 votes, unless lovo decides he wants to count the votes in red, then it should be 6, which I will correct my vote so that there are 4 correctly placed votes... Vote vodean.

fastposted
Sergeant new guy1

Postby vodean on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 am

/ wrote:
vodean wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
edocsil wrote:Silence has more value then foolish posts.

I'd rather people to post foolish posts than not posting at all.

id appreciate it if people didnt make posts that are scummy beyond their meta

I would appreciate it if scum made scummy posts as often as possible, oh right, thanks vodean! ;)
Apart from my other reasons for thinking vodean is suspicious (Read back if you forgot...) I really think his last few posts alone are good for a vote, see it unfold in chronological order

vodean wrote:it is true that i didnt visit anyone, however im not sure that i want to believe his claim even now... a no visit would be quite likely N1, im guessing. CM5 would not really be able to accurately fake that claim, unless he and nag are coordinating (scumbuddies, etc.). im leaving my vote, and FOSing ghostly for trying to distract us with the following:
ghostly447 wrote:* ghostly's big post against Nendreel, see here if interested viewtopic.php?f=213&t=176208&p=3904013#p3903802

Ghostly, HOW DARE YOU MAKE CASES!?
this is saying, ghostly, dont present this case right now, and i dont see it as having much merit

vodean wrote:im believing gilli's claim less and less. i realize that he is inactive for a reason right now, but its just poor timing. also, the odds of there being two trackers is incredibly low. im not sure, but i think we might want to kill him to be sure... that sounds really scummy, but im exhausted and dont have the mental energy to put it nicely. otherwise, we need to move on to another case for today. anyone have one?

WHY WON'T ANYONE POST A CASE? oh wait, I'm still voting for spiesr, aren't I? And I fosed ghostly one page ago.... for posting a huge case, oh well, I don't see anything, let's just kill gillipig... not true at all, considering my vote isnt even on gillipig. im not believing gilli, but dont want him lynched today. what you guys have been saying about wanting to test the trackers, i have said all along.

vodean wrote:
spiesr wrote:So, I haven't weighed in for a while now, so I will drop by and post again. I am still in favor of lynching Gillipig today, and nothing that has been mentioned since then really changes anything. We also seem to be stalling out here, so maybe we need to just get it over with already?

Hey lord voldemort, what is the status of replacing Illiad and doing whatever with the other inactives?

scummariner. and hypocrite?

It is extremely hypocritical that someone who hasn't posted in 4 whole days wants someone who hasn't posted in three weeks replaced.i dont want anyone replaced... i am just pointing out something that the target of my pressure has said.

Vote Vodean

I think we need to look at the people who jumped on the bandwagon without waiting to hear a defense, and without giving appropriate reasons.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:09 am

vodean wrote:
/ wrote:It is extremely hypocritical that someone who hasn't posted in 4 whole days wants someone who hasn't posted in three weeks replaced.
i dont want anyone replaced... i am just pointing out something that the target of my pressure has said.
You don't want anyone to be replaced? Not even Jak was has left the game or Illiad who hasn't posted in weeks? Or did you just not really think about what yours words meant when you wrote them?
vodean wrote:I think we need to look at the people who jumped on the bandwagon without waiting to hear a defense, and without giving appropriate reasons.
While I see that the speed with which things have turned is a bit surprising, are you sure you have to "appropriate" order of events correct? Isn't it supposed to go person makes a case, other people show their support, the person the case was pointed at makes their defense? Pointing your finger at people for voting for you before you make your response doesn't make any sense boy. If nobody is supporting an argument against you how much of a defense would really be required?
Anyhow, I thought you would know by now that launching a general accusation against those you voted for you doesn't really work in any sense. It certainly doesn't suffice as a substitute for a proper response.

All that said, I have mixed feelings about this case. Vodean definitely looks scummy right now, and most of his responses just make him look worse. In my past experience with him, Vodean tends drop quite a few, often fairly obvious, tells a scum. When you are his partner the game becomes a case of watching him incriminate himself and make associations with you and other scum-mates while you just have to watch and see how long it takes the town to pick up on it.
On the other hand, he also manages to do a commendable job of doing the exact same thing when he is playing as town.
So, I now have to wonder, how much of this case is just Vodean being Vodean, and how much could actually mean something.
Captain spiesr

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Sorry I've been quiet guys. I've had an outrageously busy weekend and I've got a few papers due this week. I will read up and post when I can.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm

side note. can we please know if rishaed is in the game, and if he is know if he replaces iliad or jak?? what's the status for finding a replacement for the otherguy since somethingclever is in reserve. is he up for it?

waitig for vodean's defense with popcorn.
Major betiko

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 pm

betiko wrote:side note. can we please know if rishaed is in the game, and if he is know if he replaces iliad or jak?? what's the status for finding a replacement for the otherguy since somethingclever is in reserve. is he up for it?

highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 pm

by my unofficial and not doublechecked count vodean has around 7 votes now, so its interesting how quickly it grew, but i atribute that to the fact that the game had slowed down considerably, but i do agree that we need to wait for some kind of defense, cause the one post vodean made after the bandwagon started hasn't addressed anything really,

as for jak he needs to be prodded, and probably replaced, hes been quite active in the other game im in with him,

but i agree with betiko and crazy, waiting includes popcorn
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
betiko wrote:side note. can we please know if rishaed is in the game, and if he is know if he replaces iliad or jak?? what's the status for finding a replacement for the otherguy since somethingclever is in reserve. is he up for it?

Captain gregwolf121

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:14 am

Sorry guys cc has been down for me on my pc for last day or 2. Ive had sitters...but forgot to get someone in here to post. I will update with replacements and what not now...
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2]

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:30 am

Vote Count 2.3

betiko (2)- edocsil, jak111
spiesr (2)- DRoZ, Vodean
Gillipig (3)- LSU Josh, spiesr, gregwolf121
Nendreel (1)- ghostly447
Vodean (7)- /, strike wolf, ShaggyDan, gillipig, betiko, jonty125, new guy1

Not Voting (5)- Nagerous, cm5, Mr. Squirrel Illiad, Nendreel

Prods have gone to Nagerous, Illiad, cm5 and edocsil. Consider Jak not apart of the game. Should have a replacement for him within the day.
With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently about 80 hours or so.
@newguy1/everyone. I have links of every vote count and scene in the op. If you ever need to go back to them FOS you all for skimming ;)

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Deadline set

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:43 pm

rishaed is replacing jak111 effective immediately.

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 pm

lord voldemort wrote:rishaed is replacing jak111 effective immediately.

As LoVo said i'm replacing Jak111 in this game. First things first i want to unvote Vote Speisr, while Vodeans case isn't really all that great (he's suspicious because his lack of defence) Im not at all impressed with Speisr's track record either. If he's been rolefishing like betiko says than hes done a pretty good job. Because of Speisr we've already outed 1 confirmed tracker, 1 claimed tracker, a busdriver, 1 (claimed by speisr) bomb (I believe betiko though), + nag with an unknown night role. All the while he's be putting pressure on others while sidestepping betiko's accusations. I think either its time for a decent defense of why.
fastposted by LoVo.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Plus im almost sure that there is a high chance that Gilli is a 3rd Party tracker, if he's telling the truth (we'll find out tommorow).

/ wrote:One think about the character Ra's al Ghul, does anyone who has played the game think he's likely to be "town" regardless of role?

show

This makes me think that his extra role/power based on what / said could be a kill function or something similar. It possible though however that LoVo decided something completely different, but that's what I would consider thinking from a mod's point of view.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Vodean, we're waiting for your grand speech!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby edocsil on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Been proded. No point in saying anything atm. Just waiting for vode.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives