Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 1]

Postby new guy1 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 pm

What, mine? haha. I did it in rememberance of Insomnia Red, mostly cause I couldnt think of anything else. :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 pm

here is a list of characters i believe we'll have here:

joker
poison ivy
penguin
two faces
bane
mr freeze
riddler
scare crow
ra's al ghul
catwoman
hugo strange
harley quinn
calendar man
mad hatter

possible serial killer:
mr zasz

mafia:
batman (godfather+other powers?)
robin
batgirl
alfred
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I not sure that catwoman wouldn't be third party and Nightwing the last mafia. also considering his role what about clayface?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:15 pm

new guy1 wrote:What, mine? haha. I did it in rememberance of Insomnia Red, mostly cause I couldnt think of anything else. :P

You do realise the context though? She told me she was in love with me then she faked her death to quit the site.. she is alive and well.
Captain nagerous

Postby new guy1 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Lol, well I had just started playing when she left, so I did not know that she was a liar and stuff, so once I find inspiration for a new sig, I will change it, but right now it stays how it is :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Vote Count 1.1

Strikewolf (1)- /
/ (1)- new guy1
new guy1 (2)- ShaggyDan, Nagerous
ShaggyDan (1)- Vodean
Vodean(2) - Mr. Squirrel, betiko
Mr Squirrel(1) - Nendreel
Nendreel (1)- cm5
cm5 (1)- jonty125
nagerous (2)- DRoZ, ghostly447
DRoZ (1)- safariguy5
safariguy5 (1)- gillipig
ghostly447 (1)- gregwolf121

Not Voting (5)- edocsil, spiesr, LSU Josh, jak111, Illiad

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Nendreel on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Mostly agree with betikos list, though Catwoman and Talia might be sided with Batman rather than the villains. Also there might be a third party recruiter (Ivy or Hatter?)
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby new guy1 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 pm

I wouldnt be suprised if the Joker was possibly a recruiter, since he seems to be good at getting groups together (at least in what movies Ive seen).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:08 am

My potetntial role analysis is: Villains are Town, Heroes are Mafia. Never seen a batman movie so I've got no idea who'd be suitable for what roles, or third parties.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:44 am

Just to step in here so everyone knows...This is based on The video game Batman Arkham City. Thats all I will give you as I thought it was obvious but not everyone seams to realise

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 am

i know it's about the video game, but haven't played it. i did a quick research on the web to find these + some characters from batman that are pretty well known. I added catwoman for example. i found a guy that did a mafia game based on the same flavour but it was a 16 player one.
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:28 am

nagerous wrote:
new guy1 wrote:What, mine? haha. I did it in rememberance of Insomnia Red, mostly cause I couldnt think of anything else. :P

You do realise the context though? She told me she was in love with me then she faked her death to quit the site.. she is alive and well.

Are you sure about "well"? Doesn't sound likely judging by the other details.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby vodean on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Gillipig wrote:
nagerous wrote:

Are you sure about "well"? Doesn't sound likely judging by the other details.

dude lets not even talk about it.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby / on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Why are we discussing potential roles at the beginning of the game?

I mean, it may be to our benefit to discuss potential threats, but why make a list of plausible town names? That really doesn't help town accomplish anything, and in fact for day one (which is usually before scum is allowed to speak to each other for the first time) gives scum a very slight fake-claim lead as they can see the names they shouldn't claim even if they don't know the flavor...
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 pm

/ wrote:Why are we discussing potential roles at the beginning of the game?

I mean, it may be to our benefit to discuss potential threats, but why make a list of plausible town names? That really doesn't help town accomplish anything, and in fact for day one (which is usually before scum is allowed to speak to each other for the first time) gives scum a very slight fake-claim lead as they can see the names they shouldn't claim even if they don't know the flavor...

ok, so you would rather have me joke voting and continue the discution about insomnia red that has nothing to do with this game? do you think that mafia don't have google? where do you think this list came from? they might as well have fake claim names anyway. i like thinking about what we might be facing.
Major betiko

Postby / on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:15 pm

betiko wrote:

ok, so you would rather have me joke voting and continue the discution about insomnia red that has nothing to do with this game? do you think that mafia don't have google? where do you think this list came from? they might as well have fake claim names anyway. i like thinking about what we might be facing.

my my, defensive aren't you?
You make it sound like an either/or senario, "shut up and talk about unrelated subjects!"
And yet, you completely gloss over my actual critique, I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby spiesr on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 pm

/ wrote:my my, defensive aren't you?
You make it sound like an either/or senario, "shut up and talk about unrelated subjects!"
And yet, you completely gloss over my actual critique, I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?
This early on day 1 this is good enough for me. Vote betiko.

Also, all the joke-voters should probably read the rules at some point.
lord voldemort wrote:5. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be in Bold and Blue. If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Nagerous). You must first unvote and then vote to change your vote from someone.

7. Red is my colour don't use it for anything.
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I'd like to disagree with this stance. In Sweeney Todd mafia, I set out a pretty aggressive list of town/mafia roles that I thought were plausibly in the game. It really helped make clear who was town sided and eventually helped us root out who was fakeclaiming. Granted, this game has much larger flavor, but I see no real downside to compiling town names. If mafia fakeclaim a name of someone who is present in the game, then we'll find them out. Even if they don't the onus is still on them to support their claim with a plausible role.

unvote vote /

Incidentally, I don't remember seeing Clayface under the town list, he would be extremely important flavor wise for this game.
Captain safariguy5

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 am

<3 spiesr.

You win bonus points

Postby strike wolf on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 am

I honestly don't find either side worth voting for at this point. If I favored either it would probably be /'s but I'm not gonna crucify over posting a town list. I do however find it a bit odd after reading back through that list that he put 19 names (long enough that without counting it was enough to make me briefly think he had put all 21) total for a 21 player game. Seems a bit short if he was trying to detail all the names and a bit long if he was just trying to note the few most possible names.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 am

I don't see the big deal with betiko posting that list. Ultimately if he was scum that would be the kind of information he would compile anyway, then keep it to himself as opposed to telling the town it all.
Captain nagerous

Postby vodean on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm

yes i dont really see either side as wanting to publish a list like that.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby ShaggyDan on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, I guess a point could be made that scum hasn't had a chance to talk amongst themselves yet despite knowing who each other are and this sort of list would help highlight things between them? It is a bit of strech though.

As for role and flavour spec, we'll have more of an idea after the first scenes. In a 21 player game I'm assuming 4ish maf, with potential for other serial killers or cult recruiters or other nastys.

As for day one leads, we only have 4 days to go. So if we want to pressure to a claim we should probably get a move on with it. I will Unvote and Vote Betiko, not for the posting of the list, but for his response to /. I am eager to hear a response to the question / put forward.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

FOS Betiko for his response
FOS Vodeon for adding nothing new
Unvote Vote Shaggydan For adding no input and throwing his vote around like its a ticking time bomb. Right now I see 2 options:

Pressure for a Betiko claim on behalf of his quick, aggressive response
OR
Pressure Shaggy for his Submarining continued by quickly jumping on a BW.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:35 pm

@ /: well, if you think it doesn't help, sorry i personally think it does more than talking about an insane girl we don't know and has nothing to do with the game (oh, so you're going to pull out the "deviating the question again right"?). Having not played the videogame and having a little rusty memory concerning batman's universe, i am guilty of having googled it. then i guess i'm guilty about sharing it, cause when you do something it always has to be because i'm a scum acting like a friggin town cheerleader.

@ strike: if you had a better read, you'd notice I said I found on google an arkham online mafia game of 16 an that I added a few names such as catwoman ect. where did I say I had a complete list of all 21? and I guess if I had one and shared it; you'd be pointing fingers because it would "give mafia fakeclaims"

spiesr wrote:
/ wrote:my my, defensive aren't you?
This early on day 1 this is good enough for me. Vote betiko.

Also, all the joke-voters should probably read the rules at some point.
lord voldemort wrote:5. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be in Bold and Blue. If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Nagerous). You must first unvote and then vote to change your vote from someone.

7. Red is my colour don't use it for anything.

this post is stupid enough for me spiesr. unvote vote spiesr. You feel like pressuring me, I think you sound like a good client with all the mod ass licking and the quick stuborn bandwagoning.

fastposed by ghostly
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives