Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 1]

Postby spiesr on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:54 pm

betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:
/ wrote:my my, defensive aren't you?
You make it sound like an either/or senario, "shut up and talk about unrelated subjects!"
And yet, you completely gloss over my actual critique, I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?
This early on day 1 this is good enough for me. Vote betiko.
this post is stupid enough for me spiesr. unvote vote spiesr. You feel like pressuring me, I think you sound like a good client with all the mod ass licking and the quick stuborn bandwagoning.
I had a specific, albeit not explicitly mentioned, goal in mind when I joined the bandwagon on you. That was to ensure to the the game quickly made the full transition to serious discussion and that we had something to talk about. As Shaggy just said, we only have four days left until the deadline. In order to achieve a "good" lynch today we need the discussion to start as soon as it can. (Especially if we want to option of pursuing someone other than the first candidate we find to remain viable.) As such I decided to move on the first halfway serious case anyone comes up with, either supporting and pushing it forward, or attacking it's maker. /'s thing on you came up first, I decided that hitting you looked more favorable than the reverse. It is of course a shit case, but you know Day 1, however it seems to be accomplishing my goal and things are starting to move forward. If you have a compelling argument for how this makes me scummy please present it as soon a possible so that we may have more things to work with. As it stands your weak OMGUSesc reaction isn't really helping you much in my view.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:
You make it sound like an either/or senario, "shut up and talk about unrelated subjects!"
And yet, you completely gloss over my actual critique, I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?
this post is stupid enough for me spiesr. unvote vote spiesr. You feel like pressuring me, I think you sound like a good client with all the mod ass licking and the quick stuborn bandwagoning.
I had a specific, albeit not explicitly mentioned, goal in mind when I joined the bandwagon on you. That was to ensure to the the game quickly made the full transition to serious discussion and that we had something to talk about. As Shaggy just said, we only have four days left until the deadline. In order to achieve a "good" lynch today we need the discussion to start as soon as it can. (Especially if we want to option of pursuing someone other than the first candidate we find to remain viable.) As such I decided to move on the first halfway serious case anyone comes up with, either supporting and pushing it forward, or attacking it's maker. /'s thing on you came up first, I decided that hitting you looked more favorable than the reverse. It is of course a shit case, but you know Day 1, however it seems to be accomplishing my goal and things are starting to move forward. If you have a compelling argument for how this makes me scummy please present it as soon a possible so that we may have more things to work with. As it stands your weak OMGUSesc reaction isn't really helping you much in my view.

just like you I need yo start somewhere. You start a "case" on me because i've posted a list of batman characters, I start a case on you because you immediately jumped on the first BW.

Oh, and by the way, FOS gilipig. I bring the first bit of substance in the game and he continues the insomnia red discution when the discution about the game started (we were 6 or 7 talking about flavour and roles). he then never shows up again.

Gillipig wrote:
nagerous wrote:
new guy1 wrote:What, mine? haha. I did it in rememberance of Insomnia Red, mostly cause I couldnt think of anything else. :P

You do realise the context though? She told me she was in love with me then she faked her death to quit the site.. she is alive and well.

Are you sure about "well"? Doesn't sound likely judging by the other details.

perfect case of guy posting for the sake of posting and tring not to get involved in anything, while people started being serious. not even a phrase to mention it!
Major betiko

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 pm

:-s...
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 am

Vote Count 1.2

Strikewolf (1)- /
/ (2)- new guy1, safariguy5
new guy1 (2)- ShaggyDan, Nagerous
ShaggyDan (1)- Vodean, ghostly447
Vodean(2) - Mr. Squirrel, betiko
Mr Squirrel(1) - Nendreel
Nendreel (1)- cm5
cm5 (1)- jonty125
nagerous (2)- DRoZ
safariguy5 (1)- gillipig
ghostly447 (1)- gregwolf121
betiko (1)- spiesr

Not Voting (4)- edocsil, LSU Josh, jak111, Illiad

Prods go out tomorrow to all those who havent posted within previous 48 hours.

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Nendreel on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:03 am

unvote, since we're out of joke vote stage now.

While betiko's list doesn't really help town out very much, it doesn't help scum much either since scum would have been better off keeping it to themselves. And quite frankly any scum who didn't look up names for fakeclaims (assuming volde didn't provide them) is probably going to be easy to out anyways.

so... FOS on the absent players
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

ghostly447 wrote:FOS Betiko for his response
FOS Vodeon for adding nothing new
Unvote Vote Shaggydan For adding no input and throwing his vote around like its a ticking time bomb. Right now I see 2 options:

Pressure for a Betiko claim on behalf of his quick, aggressive response
OR
Pressure Shaggy for his Submarining continued by quickly jumping on a BW.

Hang on, you say shaggy was wrong to move his vote to betiko, but you then suggest it later in the post that we pressure betiko. FOS ghostly.

But I see more, in betiko been over agressive so vote betiko
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 am

lord voldemort wrote:Vote Count 1.2

Strikewolf (1)- /
/ (2)- new guy1, safariguy5
new guy1 (2)- ShaggyDan, Nagerous
ShaggyDan (1)- Vodean, ghostly447
Vodean(2) - Mr. Squirrel, betiko
Mr Squirrel(1) - Nendreel
Nendreel (1)- cm5
cm5 (1)- jonty125
nagerous (2)- DRoZ
safariguy5 (1)- gillipig
ghostly447 (1)- gregwolf121
betiko (1)- spiesr

Not Voting (4)- edocsil, LSU Josh, jak111, Illiad

Prods go out tomorrow to all those who havent posted within previous 48 hours.

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently

shaggy has his vote on me, my vote is on spiesr; and your total =20; you forgot to put strike in the guys not voting (didn't recheck the 1.1, i assume it was correct)

other than this, if you think my list didn't help, at least you can't deny it got the conversation going and we're passed through the joke voting stage! ;)

fastposted by jonty.
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 am

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:

your earlier post stood out to me before, but now i think its enough for a vote. unvote vote spi
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:50 am

Betiko, clearly you don't know me very well. I love to troll! If I see an opportunity to get a joke in somewhere I will always take it. I hope your future analyses will be more thought through, otherwise I'll have to fos you just because you're being annoying. If you have a fool role and your goal is to be lynched then you're off to a good start lol.
The reason I didn't comment on your list is because I'm not a Batman fan/freak, so I only know three or four characters and they were all there. I have no clue which ones are missing.

Unvote safariguy5, I've forgiven him for using Russell as his avi ;).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

Gillipig wrote:Betiko, clearly you don't know me very well. I love to troll! If I see an opportunity to get a joke in somewhere I will always take it. I hope your future analyses will be more thought through, otherwise I'll have to fos you just because you're being annoying. If you have a fool role and your goal is to be lynched then you're off to a good start lol.
The reason I didn't comment on your list is because I'm not a Batman fan/freak, so I only know three or four characters and they were all there. I have no clue which ones are missing.

Unvote safariguy5, I've forgiven him for using Russell as his avi ;).

well maybe you don't know much about batman, but batman does look like a troll to me. so if you are trolling you might as well be batman.
I know you're a forum troll, is that a reason for me to like your continuous trolling then? But guess what, you're not too far from truth in your analysis and i do not fear reaching L-2. do you?
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:04 pm

vodean wrote:your earlier post stood out to me before, but now i think its enough for a vote. unvote vote spi
Do you want to elaborate and actually give a reason for why you think I deserve a vote, or are you to afraid that whatever you say will just be used against you later? Because so far you haven't said anything meaningful the whole game.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I have to agree with speiser on that point, but I cant really vote vodean since I am guilty of the same thing. I think vodean needs to give a better reason for his vote.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 pm

betiko wrote:@ /: well, if you think it doesn't help, sorry i personally think it does more than talking about an insane girl we don't know and has nothing to do with the game (oh, so you're going to pull out the "deviating the question again right"?). Having not played the videogame and having a little rusty memory concerning batman's universe, i am guilty of having googled it. then i guess i'm guilty about sharing it, cause when you do something it always has to be because i'm a scum acting like a friggin town cheerleader.

I would say that was a straw man argument, but I wouldn't want to insult the Scarecrow. :P
Posting a list of townies > off topic spam
Batman > Robin
Leaving Riddles and clues to your crimes > turning yourself in
You make it sound as though being better than something else somehow makes either one not crappy.
/ wrote:I mean, it may be to our benefit to discuss potential threats, but why make a list of plausible town names?

/ wrote: I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?

TO REPEAT THE QUESTION WAS: HOW DOES A LIST OF POTENTIAL TOWN NAMES HELP TOWN?
Seriously, I wasn't even very suspect of you to start with, but with your continued question dodging coupled with an incoming deadline, I'd like to finish this soon.
unvote vote betiko
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Am I the only one who finds both sides of this argument to be completely pointless?
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:22 pm

/ wrote:
betiko wrote:@ /: well, if you think it doesn't help, sorry i personally think it does more than talking about an insane girl we don't know and has nothing to do with the game (oh, so you're going to pull out the "deviating the question again right"?). Having not played the videogame and having a little rusty memory concerning batman's universe, i am guilty of having googled it. then i guess i'm guilty about sharing it, cause when you do something it always has to be because i'm a scum acting like a friggin town cheerleader.

I would say that was a straw man argument, but I wouldn't want to insult the Scarecrow. :P
Posting a list of townies > off topic spam
Batman > Robin
Leaving Riddles and clues to your crimes > turning yourself in
You make it sound as though being better than something else somehow makes either one not crappy.
/ wrote:I mean, it may be to our benefit to discuss potential threats, but why make a list of plausible town names?

/ wrote: I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?

TO REPEAT THE QUESTION WAS: HOW DOES A LIST OF POTENTIAL TOWN NAMES HELP TOWN?
Seriously, I wasn't even very suspect of you to start with, but with your continued question dodging coupled with an incoming deadline, I'd like to finish this soon.
unvote vote betiko

lol, do you want someting to calm you down, too much coffee today?
Major betiko

Postby DRoZ on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Honestly I would have believed that posting the list was just betiko trying to be helpful, but the defense does come off as overly agressive, so I suppose in that respect it is somewhat scummy behavior. The pressuring on betiko from / and spiesr also seems a bit strong, but would add to a case against them should betiko come out of this as town. As it stands now, I can get behind a push on betiko for a claim and try to get things moving along before the deadline.

UNVOTE, VOTE betiko
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby / on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:Am I the only one who finds both sides of this argument to be completely pointless?

I suppose you have more important things to say then; like
Mr. Squirrel wrote: :-s...

?
FOS MR. S for trying to make the conversation seem futile/not contributing properly
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:43 pm

DRoZ wrote:Honestly I would have believed that posting the list was just betiko trying to be helpful, but the defense does come off as overly agressive, so I suppose in that respect it is somewhat scummy behavior. The pressuring on betiko from / and spiesr also seems a bit strong, but would add to a case against them should betiko come out of this as town. As it stands now, I can get behind a push on betiko for a claim and try to get things moving along before the deadline.

UNVOTE, VOTE betiko

if you guys really want it to happen, I can give my character name but I can't reveal my role. If you feel that the pressure given by / and spiesr is not proportionate to what they see as a "scumy" (sharing thoughts about potential characters in the game, really?), then why would I not be reactng like this? / is on spanish inquisition mode and it's funny to see how all you guys bandwagon.
Major betiko

Postby DRoZ on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Like I said, I believed you were trying to be helpful. What is so off putting is your reaction to the adversity, not the original act. Though to be honest, the pressuring by spiesr and / seem scummier to me then your reaction, maybe my own vote on you was a bit hasty (I blame the risk of a dreaded prod). Either way, it seems like the day one lynch will be between you, /, or spiesr, considering the lack of much else going on, and I would imagine that at least one of you is scum.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 pm

well first off unvote since JV is nearly over, lot has been said and argued but i will forstall voting till i have had more time to read over paying attention to what was said
Captain gregwolf121

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I also forgot to say unvote, though my origional vote was in red and the color needed to vote is blue, so I dont know if it is needed. I am appoligizing for my innactivity in this forum because I havent been as active as I should be. I will try to be more active soon, but I have a busy schedule.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 pm

jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:FOS Betiko for his response
FOS Vodeon for adding nothing new
Unvote Vote Shaggydan For adding no input and throwing his vote around like its a ticking time bomb. Right now I see 2 options:

Pressure for a Betiko claim on behalf of his quick, aggressive response
OR
Pressure Shaggy for his Submarining continued by quickly jumping on a BW.

Hang on, you say shaggy was wrong to move his vote to betiko, but you then suggest it later in the post that we pressure betiko. FOS ghostly.

But I see more, in betiko been over agressive so vote betiko

FOS Jonty for apparent skimming/hasty FOS. I FOS'ed Betiko to start the post off jonty. Therefore it is okay. I simply said that shaggy was quick to throw his vote on the first apparent BW, but I would be okay with pressure on Betiko because I found his immediate aggressive response to be just as semi-scummy as the others did. As you can see high lighted in green, I used the same reasoning to suggest that pressure on Betiko was okay as I did in FOSing him.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm

i'll save town some time as you are most probably going to continue this nonsense. I am Bane

you will not learn anymore from me, not even if someone fakeclaims my name. but I'm eager to see if any scum has the balls on day 1 to step up and fakeclaim! ;)
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm

new guy1 wrote:I have to agree with speiser on that point, but I cant really vote vodean since I am guilty of the same thing. I think vodean needs to give a better reason for his vote.

I would say an intrinsic difference between you and Vode at this point was that you didn't try to make a vote while still not contributing anything.

I have more to say but to quote and respond to everything I want to say would take more time than I currently have right now and I still have another game to check on.

Ultimately, I believe Betiko and his name claim. He reacted harshly (seriously relax. It's still a game) but while he may not have properly answered all questions and some OMGusing, his overall posts seem genuine to me. Spiesr and / seems like traditional early day, hunt for anything that seems off to get the day stared play. Not necessarily scummy or townish yet. I didn't really find the FOS on Jonty or Ghostly really warranted and I don't even know what to say about Gillipig's posts. closest thing I have to a genuine feeling for a vote is Vodean for his fly by Spiesr vote without giving any reasoning.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I have to agree with speiser on that point, but I cant really vote vodean since I am guilty of the same thing. I think vodean needs to give a better reason for his vote.

I would say an intrinsic difference between you and Vode at this point was that you didn't try to make a vote while still not contributing anything.

I have more to say but to quote and respond to everything I want to say would take more time than I currently have right now and I still have another game to check on.

Ultimately, I believe Betiko and his name claim. He reacted harshly (seriously relax. It's still a game) but while he may not have properly answered all questions and some OMGusing, his overall posts seem genuine to me. Spiesr and / seems like traditional early day, hunt for anything that seems off to get the day stared play. Not necessarily scummy or townish yet. I didn't really find the FOS on Jonty or Ghostly really warranted and I don't even know what to say about Gillipig's posts. closest thing I have to a genuine feeling for a vote is Vodean for his fly by Spiesr vote without giving any reasoning.

it's just like if you decide to do the dishes with all the good intention in the world an your wife and mother in law come to criticize and imagine silly reasons to why you are doing it, lol. i just had half of the players on my bck with everything snowballing for no reason.

now what about the deadline? day 1 is ridiculously short. i had to name claim quick to have the time to turn around. there is a few here who still havent posted and not yet responded to the prod..
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives